Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,121 members, 7,887,246 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:56 AM

EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal (6845 Views)

Corruption: BUHARI gives EFCC Go Ahead to Probe JONATHAN / Buhari Orders EFCC To Probe Ex Service Chiefs,Serving & Former Military Leaders / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by LajaLaba: 10:01am On Oct 22, 2013
Wait!i was told EFCC has gone broke...................https://www.nairaland.com/1480511/efcc-broke-t-pay-lawyers
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by jahbiz: 10:04am On Oct 22, 2013
EFCC has been rendered powerless long ago. It's like a giant lion without teeth and claws.
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by tomande: 10:12am On Oct 22, 2013
One thing that really pisses me off is that this government knows how to really insult Nigerians intelligences. Do they think we are fools? How do they expect Nigerians to believe that by enlisting EFCC to investigate the allegation of two car purchase for the minister of aviation at a outrageous price is gonna be accorded a fair investigation and punishment guaranteed if found guilty when even the president came out and defended his “precious daughter”? after series of plane crashes and accidents are occurring under her watch it would have been better if the president dismiss her from his cabinet or better still move her to another ministry that best suite her academic profession because from what we have all seen the ministry of aviation isn’t suitable for her. If this administration is really sincere with it fight against corruption as it claims on daily basic, it will be better if the minister resign to pave way for EFCC to investigate the allegation against her because as long as she still sit on that chair with a backing from the presidency, the case will definitely be swept under the carpet. The government wants gain our trust in it fight against corruption right? Then i think they must start from somewhere and this particular issue is an opportunity for them to start with.....enough is enough!
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by nnenna311: 10:17am On Oct 22, 2013
What due process are they talking about? Why do they need armoured cars? I thought they said life/property/investors are safe in Nigeria. Madam next time go buy a 'life proof'. In another news today NAMA bought 4 Toyota tondra and 4 limousine cars for the same minister.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by Reference(m): 10:17am On Oct 22, 2013
prodam: The same EFCC we have lost confidence in?..
BTW, is it beyond the jurisdiction of the legislative arm to check-mate the executive?
Is this how the transformation agenda of this current administration works?
Youths are at home due to the ineptitude on the part of this same government with false claims that the Nation doesn't have enough money to revitalise its universities-the place where tomorrow leaders will be trained, the same place they all passed through, yet a huge sum of amount was approved and used to satisfy the superfluous needs of an individual, a public servant for that matter.

This is the absolute truth. GEJ should be furious at this matter. It makes governance all the harder for him in a nation where they often don't walk the talk. At the moment he should view her as excess baggage no matter the lofty programs she's outlined. But I guess this won't happen since it will invariably open a huge worm can that could consume many more MDA'S and ultimately undermine the entire government so in government circles right now the watch-word will be solidarity and....of course the universal Nigerian Corruption circuit breaker...ethnic jingoism.
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by Reference(m): 10:22am On Oct 22, 2013
jahbiz: EFCC has been rendered powerless long ago. It's like a giant lion without teeth and claws.

More like Ernst Stavro Blofeld's white pet cat. Fashion statement, period.
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by LemonBoy1: 10:28am On Oct 22, 2013
Js a little digression

Was she (stella Odua) d minister when enugu international airport was actualized? If yes or no, did she play any role to ds effect?
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 22, 2013
EFCC talk as if dey are stil d EFCC we used to know den, where is farouk lawan case now...abeg lets leave harlout alone joo.
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 22, 2013
Where am i? Nuhu take me back 2 aso rock
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by RockMaxi: 11:23am On Oct 22, 2013
The beginning of the End of this matter...Nothing go surface again.
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by RioFernandez(m): 11:42am On Oct 22, 2013
Ahhh! Since EFCC is now involved... That means she must have gone wrong somewhere against her fathers thats why she is being chased around like this.. Poor lady. SMH
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by Demdem(m): 11:45am On Oct 22, 2013
CFCfan: The EFCC probe should be a fair process, there should be no undue pressure on the agency.

For this to happen, Stella must step aside. She can't remain in govt, eating lunch with the AG and expect EFCC to do a good job.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by naptu2: 12:16pm On Oct 22, 2013
Demdem:

For this to happen, Stella must step aside. She can't remain in govt, eating lunch with the AG and expect EFCC to do a good job.

This case reminds me of the Bode George/NPA case.

Nuhu Ribadu led the investigation into the NPA, but Obasanjo refused to act on the evidence contained in the report. That same report was eventually used to nail Bode George when Obasanjo left office.

However, I do agree with you. The minister should be suspended pending the completion of the investigation, so that she would not be able to tamper with evidence and influence witnesses.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by AdeniyiA(m): 12:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
probing and investigation nowadays is synonymous to stylishly EFCC'd it - Exterminate Fantastic Corruption Cases.

just recently we heard that corruption cases against ex-govs have been dropped.
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by lumeneng22: 12:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
Probe that will never get head. We are still expecting the result of farouk lawan oil subsidy scandal.
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by 617aircav: 12:58pm On Oct 22, 2013
Has the efcc ever prosecuted and Nigerian politician?
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by AlPicapcI(m): 1:06pm On Oct 22, 2013
Smartini: Stupid set of people! One thing about Nigeria is that when you're caught,the same people you wine and dined with will use you as a scape goat! From the air-crash to being Jonathan's mistress to Falana the Pervert...and now its an armoured car! Nigerians derive pleasure in piling up pressure upon pressure on people until they give up...Give her some air,please! Its a known fact that most people buckle under pressure and say things they dont wanna say...Its perfectly normal! We're all human beings...By the way,I'm neutral when it comes to politics and shiit in Nigeria...but I guess I've made my point! No insults,por favor...

maybe ur relative i guess. if not what point are you making? that the wasteful mistress should be left alone?
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by kumbalo(m): 1:18pm On Oct 22, 2013
saintneo: Only people without dreams and checks will go against this probe. I pray Stella fly like an eagle in this terrible storm generated by amplified hatred, corruption, ethnic bias.

"What has consistently escaped most
Nigerians in this entire travesty is the fact that
mediocrity destroys the very fabric of a
country as surely as a war- ushering in all
sorts of banality, ineptitude, corruption, and
debauchery. Nations enshrine mediocrity as
their modus operandi and create the fertile
ground for the rise of tyrants and other base
elements of the society, by silently assenting
to the dismantling of systems of excellence
because they do not immediately benefit one
specific ethnic, racial, political, or special-
interes t group. That, in my humble opinion,
is presently where Nigeria finds itself today!":
Albert Chinualumogu Achebe (1930-2013),
Nigerian novelist, poet and essayist, in THERE
WAS A COUNTRY (2012), paperback edition, p.
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by kumbalo(m): 1:20pm On Oct 22, 2013
"What has consistently escaped most
Nigerians in this entire travesty is the fact that
mediocrity destroys the very fabric of a
country as surely as a war- ushering in all
sorts of banality, ineptitude, corruption, and
debauchery. Nations enshrine mediocrity as
their modus operandi and create the fertile
ground for the rise of tyrants and other base
elements of the society, by silently assenting
to the dismantling of systems of excellence
because they do not immediately benefit one
specific ethnic, racial, political, or special-
interes t group. That, in my humble opinion,
is presently where Nigeria finds itself today!":
Albert Chinualumogu Achebe (1930-2013),
Nigerian novelist, poet and essayist, in THERE
WAS A COUNTRY (2012), paperback edition, p.
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by onyxo76(m): 3:15pm On Oct 22, 2013
nothing will come out of this probe... where is dimeji bankole today?- A FREE MAN !!!
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by moffat(m): 5:04pm On Oct 22, 2013
N225m Car Saga: Stella Oduah’s Problems Worsen As EFCC Moves In

Editor General News
Your ads will be inserted here by

Easy Ads.

Please go to the plugin admin page to set up your ad code.

stella_oduah

Despite the attempt by the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) to divert attention away from the N255 million spent procuring two armoured cars for the Minister of Aviation, Ms. Stella Oduah, her troubles refuse to go away as the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) may have decided to probe the deal. Sources has it that the commission has started making preliminary investigations into the contract and could start probing the exorbitant purchase of the cars that was believed to have bypassed due process.

Since the story broke that the NCAA bought two BMW 760 LI armoured cars for the use of the minister, there has been a growing clamour for President Goodluck Jonathan to sack her if she fails to resign. However, the NCAA Director-General, Dr. Fola Akinkuotu, denied that the cars were for the minister, saying that the agency bought them for operational purposes. “The cars are operational vehicles used in the various operations of the NCAA transporting the minister and aviation related foreign dignitaries as part of its operations,” he had said at a news conference at the weekend in Abuja. Besides the EFCC, which has launched a preliminary probe into the purchase of the two bulletproof cars for the minister, the House of Representatives has indicated its readiness to investigate the transaction as soon as it returns from Sallah break. However, the Senate has not taken any decision yet on the controversial transaction.

Vice Chairman of Senate Committee on Aviation, Senator Babayo Gamawa, said yesterday that the issues needed to be put in proper perspectives before a decision could be taken on it. According to him, the first step to take was to visit the Bureau for Public Procurement (BPP) as well as the audit department to find out if the purchase of the car actually followed due process and whether a proper audit was done before the delivery of the cars. Gamawa, who represents Bauchi North Senatorial District in the Senate, noted that it was necessary to check if due process was really observed before the purchase. He made the remarks bearing in mind that attention had not been concentrated on whether due process was observed at all for the purchase or not. The senator, who declined to give an official reaction to the controversial deal, said it would not be right for him to comment on the issue when the upper chamber had not adopted a resolution on the matter.

Your ads will be inserted here by

Easy Ads.

Please go to the plugin admin page to set up your ad code.

The Senate has been on Sallah break in the last two weeks but will resume today. Gamawa, who also said the Senate had not received any official correspondence on the issue, added that the chamber would not hastily react to any issue unless it has received documents authenticating the reality of such events. He however did not rule out the possibility of the Senate having a motion and subsequent resolution on the matter this week, depending on the facts available to it. He, nevertheless, disclosed that the urgent task before the Committee on Aviation now was the investigation of the crash of an aircraft belonging to Associated Airlines in Lagos on October 3. The plane was conveying the corpse of a former Ondo State Governor, Dr. Olusegun Agagu, to Akure before the crash, killing 16 of the 20 people on board. The Senate on October 8 had mandated the committee to summon Oduah to explain all she knew about the crash as the lawmakers had alleged that corruption in the sector was the underlying factor behind the crash. Although Gamawa was not categorical on the possible date for the appearance of the minister before the committee, he said it might take place this week.

Two groups however took different positions yesterday on the call for the probe into the car deal, with the Muslim Media Watch Group (MMWG) calling for the removal of the minister for being a beneficiary of the controversial bulletproof cars. grin shocked cool
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by sunnyolads1(m): 5:36pm On Oct 22, 2013
I don't think the number of reliable public servants in Nigeria is up to 10% because sometimes one shameful allegation will just surfaced and at the end the accussed will be guilty, but pardon by the so called Nation's judiciary without any punishment for the offence committed. Am tired of all this story jor. Stela O. Is corrupt simple ! Efcc should probe her.. No excuse.
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 22, 2013
EFCC and National Assembly probe will as usual end in the dumpsite. Tell me where other similar probe reports are - Lawan, Oil subsidy scam, Siemens, Halliburton etc.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gmb Rebranded!!!!!!! (Pics) / Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element / Nigerian Government Urged To Reduce Political Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.