Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,854 members, 7,930,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 01:08 PM

Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 (15207 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities / See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Wahala90: 2:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
lastmessenger:
Please dont bring our leaders here.u think managing covenant university is the same as managing over 300 higher institutions.hell no.i wish his university best of luck and i pray they be the best

Stop wasting space without making any sense.
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 22, 2013
It doesn't matter what the official rankings say; by 2022 he'll declare CU one of the top 10 universities even if it isn't. His followers believe whatever he says and that's all that matters.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Mgbadike80: 2:40pm On Oct 22, 2013
List of the world top ten universities 2012-2013 as published by times higher education.1 california institute of technology 2 university of oxford 3 stanford university 4 harvard university 5 mit 6 princeton 7 university of cambridge 8 imperial college 9 university of california berkeley 10 university of chicago. Even top names like yale,duke,edinburgh,northwestern,national universities of singapore,hong kong,australia etc failed to make the list na covenant university wan show itself? All of you supporting this man are displaying grand ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by BTT(m): 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
Everybody shouts 'impossible is nothing' all the time but when it comes to practically up-turning status quo everybody cowers.

Greatest achievements in life have always been made with recipes of 'it is impossible' from people who already knew too much. I remember reading about the Wright brothers having their father being part of the leaders of the scientific team who signed off a memo that concluded that 'iron can never fly' just ONE year before the aeroplane was achieved.

Secondly, I am always afraid of people with a vision and drive. And I know this man has lots of both. Also, I know him to be an ardent reader and a student of great biographies.

Keep laughing at other people's dreams... Who knows, you may never be able to fall asleep yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Wahala90: 2:46pm On Oct 22, 2013
phxc: It doesn't matter what the official rankings say; by 2022 he'll declare CU one of the top 10 universities even if it isn't. His followers believe whatever he says and that's all that matters.

So what is the point
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Wahala90: 2:51pm On Oct 22, 2013
BTT: Everybody shouts 'impossible is nothing' all the time but when it comes to practically up-turning status quo everybody cowers.

Greatest achievements in life have always been made with recipes of 'it is impossible' from people who already knew too much. I rememberr reading about the Wright brothers having their father being part of the leaders of the scientific team who signed off a memo that concluded that 'iron can never fly' just ONE year before it was achieved.

Secondly, I am always afraid of people with a vision and drive. And I know this man has lots of both. Also, I know him to be an ardent reader and student of great biographies.

Keep laughing at other people's dreams... Who knows, you may never be able to fall asleep yourself.

At last somebody with a good brain. Well said. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Wahala90: 2:53pm On Oct 22, 2013
Mgbadike80: List of the world top ten universities 2012-2013 as published by times higher education.1 california institute of technology 2 university of oxford 3 stanford university 4 harvard university 5 mit 6 princeton 7 university of cambridge 8 imperial college 9 university of california berkeley 10 university of chicago. Even top names like yale,duke,edinburgh,northwestern,national universities of singapore,hong kong,australia etc failed to make the list na covenant university wan show itself? All of you supporting this man are displaying grand ignorance.

Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Demainman1: 2:53pm On Oct 22, 2013
Wahala90:

What if Nigeria does not remain the way it is by 2022.

Are you a politician? How can nigeria become a first world country in nine years. GEJ will be president in 6 out of the 9 years wink
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by WFE(m): 2:56pm On Oct 22, 2013
@Maninmood

'Impossible' is a state of the mind. In actual fact, Nothing really is impossible. If you are hungry enough, passionate enough - if you can pay the PRICE, you will win the PRIZE.

You - manimood can play on a word level in whatever field you are. Just anwer the following questions -

1. Where am I now
2. Where do I want to be
3. How do I get there?

Don't get angry at another man's dream - it only leads to frustration.
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by nora544: 3:02pm On Oct 22, 2013
BTT: Everybody shouts 'impossible is nothing' all the time but when it comes to practically up-turning status quo everybody cowers.

Greatest achievements in life have always been made with recipes of 'it is impossible' from people who already knew too much. I rememberr reading about the Wright brothers having their father being part of the leaders of the scientific team who signed off a memo that concluded that 'iron can never fly' just ONE year before it was achieved.

Secondly, I am always afraid of people with a vision and drive. And I know this man has lots of both. Also, I know him to be an ardent reader and student of great biographies.

Don't bring the Wright brother together with this Man who has a University. The Wright brothers learn from Otto Lilienthal that father of Flight.
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 22, 2013
Demain_man: Sheep wey follow dog waka, go chop sh1t

Pastors wey follow politicians waka, go talk cheap.

Talk is cheap my pastor!
#WORD

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Richiez(m): 3:10pm On Oct 22, 2013
he may be right
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Mgbadike80: 3:11pm On Oct 22, 2013
Wahala90:

u have been brainwashed beyond redemption, soon he will ask you for constant seed sowing to achieve his malaria dream and you will hard earned money to him while blaming your difficulties in life on witches from your village. @btt, the fact that bozo the clown was laughed at does not mean that he was right, this man is not in the same league with the wright brothers.

4 Likes

Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Godogwu: 3:15pm On Oct 22, 2013
GustavoFring: I agree.

It's already Number 1 in Nigeria

you and anyone who believes this is obviously deluded.
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 22, 2013
Godogwu:

you and anyone who believes this is obviously deluded.

Prove me wrong then.
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by chyket(m): 3:22pm On Oct 22, 2013
I like the vision,even if they don't achieve it at least they have a roadmap to what they want to achieve

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by nora544: 3:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
chyket: I like the vision,even if they don't achieve it at least they have a roadmap to what they want to achieve

He need a roadmape that he get more money from his poor followers thats all.
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by bobby7me(m): 3:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
[b][/b]
nora544:

I know about the ASUU strike.

But tell me can a normal nigerian father send his child to this University, tell me yes or no.

. So abnormal father send their kids to convenant? ASUU y na.......
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by yomiseye: 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
it shall be so,in Jesus Name
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 22, 2013
ok sir.....i pray this is accomplished
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by ababs001: 3:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
Phder: I would be US president by 2022!
--------------------------------
Their total asset (infrastructures e.t.c.) is not even up to a billion USD. Top 50 schools have their net worth in billions (USD).
--------------------------------
Dream on dreamer, now people will start saying 'Amen'
wat makez u tink dat by 2016 there total asset wont b more than 70 billion USD.we are talking about the future here,notin is imposible man.n moreover b4 he can say dat i believe he already has a whole lot of ideaz in mind

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by badpeople: 3:45pm On Oct 22, 2013
Haaaaaaaa, see enemies behind government universities shut down, all these churches even mosque will soon join to to build universities all around,is now a good business to them, they smiles to the bank all time, those old days when catholic brought education, if they make it so expensive, all the bad people parading themselves as elders, will they be able to acquire education? Never

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 22, 2013
Mgbadike80: List of the world top ten universities 2012-2013 as published by times higher education.1 california institute of technology 2 university of oxford 3 stanford university 4 harvard university 5 mit 6 princeton 7 university of cambridge 8 imperial college 9 university of california berkeley 10 university of chicago. Even top names like yale,duke,edinburgh,northwestern,national universities of singapore,hong kong,australia etc failed to make the list na covenant university wan show itself? All of you supporting this man are displaying grand ignorance.

Tuition fees for Cal tech
2013–2014 Undergraduate Student Budget
for Freshmen
Tuition $39,990
Student Fees1,2 1,548
Room (contract price)3 7,035
Board (5 days/week) 5,472
Additional Meal Allowance (est.) 1,413
Books and Supplies (est.) 1,323
Personal Expenses (est.) 1,974

Total: $58,755

Endowments: 1.74 Billion dollars

Covenant University has a long way to go.
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2013
James 4
(KJV)
14. Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

15. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by eaglechild: 4:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nothing wey person no go hear. angry
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by simdam500(m): 4:36pm On Oct 22, 2013
sure; 9years first fruit of over a million people will do
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Lamasta(m): 5:06pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ngozi watraym jota mm let me add it to my list of dreamers after the last one of vision 2020 by G.Jonathan
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Shine1177: 5:20pm On Oct 22, 2013
Please if your mind cannot take it leave it.

2 Kings 7 (NIV)

1. Elisha replied, “Hear the word of the Lord. This is what the Lord says: About this time tomorrow, a seah[a] of the finest flour will sell for a shekel[b] and two seahs[c] of barley for a shekel at the gate of Samaria.”

2 The officer on whose arm the king was leaning said to the man of God, “Look, even if the Lord should open the floodgates of the heavens, could this happen?”

“You will see it with your own eyes,” answered Elisha, “but you will not eat any of it!”

I am a Staff of CU and we the CU family believe this mandate. Vision 10: 2022, 1 of 10 in 10. Vision 10: 2022, A Prophetic Mandate.

There are policies on ground towards Vision 10: 2022.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by dexter1983(m): 5:26pm On Oct 22, 2013
...MANY SHALLOW YOUTHS ARE HERE...NIGERIA IS IN A BIG TROUBLE WITH ALL THIS SHALLOW NAIRALAND NOISEMAKING YOUTHS THAT CANNOT SEE POSIBILITIES IN IMPOSIBILITIES...!..."I WILL BUILD THE BIGGEST AND MOST SOPHISTICATED UNIVERSITY IN THE WORLD IN 2030"...I KNOW MANY CANT SEE IT AS USUAL COS MANY CAPACITY INTAKE IS NOT LARGE ENUF BUT KNOW THAT THE MOST DANGEROUS MAN ON EARTH IS A VISIONARY...U MAY NOT LIKE HIM BUT YOU CAN NEVER DISPUTE THE FACT THAT BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO IS A PROGRESSIVE VISIONARY..!..NOTHING STOPS A VISIONARY BUT THEMSEFS...NAIRALAND SHALLOW YOUTHS!!!..PLEASE UPGRADE FOR THE FUTURE OF THIS COUNTRY!...FOR OUR SHALLOW YOUTHS OUTTHERE...ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT GREAT ACHIEVERS HAVE ONCE BEEN LAFFD AT LIKE YOU GUYS ARE DOING NOW BUT ONE THING STAND SURE...IF YOUR STRENT AND ABILITY CAN MAKE YOU ACHIEVE YOUR VISION OR DREAM...THEN ITS NOT BIG ENUF...YOU NEED A DREAM BIGGER DAN YOU.EVEN IF THEY DONT ACHIEVE DAT BUT KNOW THAT SURELY THEY WILL ACHIEVE SOMETHING VERY SUIGNIFICANT.THATS D SECRET OF DREAMING BIG...!...WE MAKE A LOT OF USELESS NOISE ON NAIRALAND...NO WONDER NIGERIA IS SINKING!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by damselsdezire(f): 5:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
U'r right, I can say u'r d only 1 thinkin rightly. Na business dem dey do
Elxandre: At what cost?
Students paying 50k USD a year right?
I always wonder why these churches found schools if its not meant as a service to humanity.. just my thoughts
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by WackyJ1(m): 5:52pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nora what is your own sef ? Why are you hampering on the money he used to build his church?
Because he built a grand university you now say that his members are poor.
There are many ways to use the proceeds from the church and you're not in Any position to tell the man of God the way he should use the money. As long as the members are getting what they need spiritually then the purpose of the church is being fulfilled. You're sounding like it is the Man himself that decreed that people should be giving tithes and offerings when it is not.

1. Either the money that is being used is donated to charity or it is used in a proactive way and that is trying to add value to the educational system in this country.
Before you start criticising do you know how much it takes to run a church? Do you know that some branches in rural areas don't generate enough to maintain themselves? It is then the money that is gotten from other branches that is then channeled to that area. Do you know how much is used to sponsor evangelism attempts?
2. Before you start talking as if all the money generated by the church is going into that university can you prove that the money is not also going into charities?
3. You want the man's school fees to be as low as the federal universities so that every Tom dick and harry can afford it. Why? Because he's a man of God ? What happened to as someone mentioned here, the 300universities(or is it higher institutions) in this country? Does Winners church make as much as the Government? Even with all the internally generated revenue that the universities are allowed to consume in and off themselves yet they are in a state of decay. Even with the subsidisations by government yet look at the condition. You're directing your hate at one man who doesn't have backing from the government yet is trying to create An ever dynamic and progressing university that is up to date with current progress with the rest of the world and you're here thinking about the money used to build the university. Our federal universities can barely maintain themselves in a stagnant and yet you're talking about a man who is trying to take his uni forward.
Do you think it's cheap work? If ASUU Calls off the strike and they decide to increase school fees to get their billions, it might not be as big as covenants but it could be as big as a 200% increase.
Covenant is not the only private university.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Degis(m): 5:59pm On Oct 22, 2013
If mockers don't mock, who will?

Bishop David Oyedepo announced by the unction of the Holy Spirit in the Year 1997 that a 50,000 sweater Church Auditorium will be built and dedicated in 1 year, did It happen or not?. This Auditorium became the Single largest Auditorium in the World as referenced in the Guiness book of world records.

He announced some couple of years ago also by the unction of the Holy Spirit that the Church will start to fly by Wings of an Aeroplane, did it happen or not?. Today, the Church (note: not him as you mockers have been shouting has 4 brand new Aeroplane)

He announced in the early 80s that there will be the advent of a technology that will enable man to stay in a place and talk to millions of people around the world at the same time. This technology is what is today called the Internet. You, mockers are beneficiary of this prophecy.

I believe in this Prophecy and I will partake in the coming to pass of this Vision 10: 2020 and just like I benefited from my alignment with the previous prophecies I will be blessed by partaking in the actualisation of this vision.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Cause Of The Flood In Nigeria This Year? / ASUU Denies Any Form Of Negotiation And N15.89bn Payment Rumour, / Use Of English JAMB Past Questions And Answers PDF Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.