Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,563 members, 7,885,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 08:22 AM

Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? (1674 Views)

I Married Someone I Don't Trust. What's The Way Out? / My Dad Often Gets Unclad In The House And I Don't Lyk It / His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by olatula: 12:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
There's ds guy i met thru a friend. He professes 2 lv me bt i dnt feel anything 4 him. Pls is it wise 4 me 2 continue being friends wt him n fall 4 him on d long run.
Re: Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by ifyalways(f): 12:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
olatula: There's ds guy i met thru a friend. He professes 2 lv me bt i dnt feel anything 4 him. Pls is it wise 4 me 2 continue being friends wt him n fall 4 him on d long run.
Sometimes,love comes in along the line but my fear is that you claim you naturally don't like him.

You don't like him as a person(behavorial traits,his personality etc) or you don't like him as a lover? If you like his personality ie like him as a friend,love might fall in later but if everything about him disgusts you,then i see no point wasting each others time. Tell him upfront it wont work.shikena.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by olatula: 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
Tnx
Re: Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by bellong: 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
Your question is ambiguous, can you give more explanation on Ifyalways' questions?
Re: Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 22, 2013
I was in a similar situation. I met an incredible guy but for some reasons couldn't develop feelings. He wanted to be with me but I just had no feelings for him. No attraction at all. Even though my brain told me that this would be a good catch, I couldn't get myself to like him more than just a friend. I told him about it and I am happy I was honest because this was the start of a friendship. He is in a serious relationship now and when he introduced his girl to me, I knew, I made the right decision because it was obvious how much his girl loves him and this is what everyone deserves, especially a person like him!

You don't have to like someone IMMEDIATELY but if in the process of dating you realize that you don't feel the slightest attraction then I think it won't come. Take your time. Go on a few dates, get to know the person, enjoy some time together and then be honest, first with yourself and then with him.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by janetDurling(f): 12:55pm On Oct 22, 2013
Exact thing dat is happenin to me..........D guy won't go ni sha.....ai dnt knw wat he wants......Av abused/cursed him boh he won't leave me......na by force?Hian!!!
olatula: There's ds guy i met thru a friend. He professes 2 lv me bt i dnt feel anything 4 him. Pls is it wise 4 me 2 continue being friends wt him n fall 4 him on d long run.
Re: Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by ifyalways(f): 1:00pm On Oct 22, 2013
janetDurling: Exact thing dat is happenin to me..........D guy won't go ni sha.....ai dnt knw wat he wants......Av abused/cursed him boh he won't leave me......na by force?Hian!!!
Sisi too fine gan.
I don't subscribe to abusing or cursing anyone just because he fell in love or lust with you.

Enjoy the attention,ignore him totally and he will go after some time. Don't reply his ping,chat with him,reply his sms,pick or return his call,he will disappear.
Re: Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by Tapout(m): 1:10pm On Oct 22, 2013
^^So u guys r now feeling like wat?? undecided

Marine spirits

Jor oh!! Pls who has this novel by Ayi Kwei Armah ..." The beautiful ones are not yet something* cnt remember d last word.........reading mode lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by bellong: 1:23pm On Oct 22, 2013
janetDurling: Exact thing dat is happenin to me..........D guy won't go ni sha.....ai dnt knw wat he wants......Av abused/cursed him boh he won't leave me......na by force?Hian!!!

There are better ways to ward him off your back than abusing and cursing. You better look inward and stop feeling like a superstar
Re: Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by janetDurling(f): 1:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
Will try not to pick his call again........tnx ma'am
ifyalways: Sisi too fine gan.
I don't subscribe to abusing or cursing anyone just because he fell in love or lust with you.

Enjoy the attention,ignore him totally and he will go after some time. Don't reply his ping,chat with him,reply his sms,pick or return his call,he will disappear.
Re: Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by Lawconfessor(f): 1:45pm On Oct 22, 2013
@op,

It will definitely not gonna be a bad fin 4 u to consider wot carefreewannabe said.
Make a fast decision n let every1 carry on......okay?

Y continue wit whom u dont have feelings for?
And how long do u fink its gonna be to develop love for him?
U may- along d line o.

But i sense from ur later post abt "marriage compatibility based on temperament" dat u may not have dat luxury of time to wait to develop feeling.

Wot if at d end of d day it prove futile?
Please, even if d temperament concur- its not wonderful to marry whom u dont love.
Re: Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by Dominionng(m): 2:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
Why do I feel there is money involved! Na today? You have no feelings for him and he ain't loaded, why wud u wanna be friend with him hoping you fall in luv with him later on? Take a sit and tell us the truth of the matter! This is no under 16 thread!

https://www.nairaland.com/1488393/letter-nigerian-ladies

1 Like

Re: Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
Re: Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 22, 2013

the above in bold always get me to ask:" who are these miserable women that fall in love with friendship?!"

@OP
if there is no attraction whatsoever towards this man, then there still wont be any whether you spend an hour or a week with him. the fact that so many succumb and "believe" that there is some attraction, while in fact you just get used to someone, is a joke!
Re: Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by ireneidiva(f): 3:57pm On Oct 22, 2013
If you don't like him, TELL HIM!!!!
Re: Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by Emeralddeee: 5:12pm On Oct 22, 2013
My dear I can't guarantee you that you might fall for someone that naturally does not tickle your fancy. My advice to you is this never consider starting up a relationship with someone you have no feelings for atall except you wanna cheat on the person, also don't assume you might eventually fall for that person just because you feel that person can foot your bills etc fall in love for the right reasons and don't be pressured by anyone when you know deep within you don't see yourself falling for that person. It might hurt the guy now but you will be doing him a lot of favour turning him down cuz you don't feel a thing for him. If you go into a relationship hoping the feelings might come you will only use him and bring him pain.
Re: Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2013
Don't try.
Re: Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by EfemenaXY: 5:21pm On Oct 22, 2013

I'm going to ask you what no one seems to have asked yet?

Why would you be so concerned about not loving someone you obviously can't stand?

The way I see it, it's either because:

~ You're a nutcase or

~ The guy in question is loaded and you're attracted to his wealth - so you beat yourself up for not having anything in return to offer him.
Re: Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by olatula: 7:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
@efemena n dominionng tnx 4 d compliments. Am not talking about if he is loaded or not. Of course he is okay but am not bothered about dat. Jst talking about being able to fall in luv wt him or not.
Re: Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by EfemenaXY: 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2013
olatula: @efemena n dominionng tnx 4 d compliments. Am not talking about if he is loaded or not. Of course he is okay but am not bothered about dat. Jst talking about being able to fall in luv wt him or not.

So why does it matter so much to you, whether you do or don't?
Re: Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by ciphoenix: 9:03pm On Oct 22, 2013
There's nothing like "liking" someone "naturally".

It's either you see something you like about the person quickly and so you think you like him/her naturally or you get to know the person better before finding a trait that attracts you

So. Get to know him better. My opinion
Re: Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by veave(f): 9:50pm On Oct 22, 2013
dont bother trying... just cut off all forms of communication. u'll never like d person.
Re: Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by maclatunji: 2:34pm On Oct 23, 2013
Funny thread.
Re: Pls Aw Can I Develop Love For Someone I Don't Naturally Like? by Dantedasz(m): 4:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
^
Agreed.

I can't wrap my brains around the OPs riddle except CASH(lots of it) is involved some how.
Seems she dislikes the man but money is a magnet that attracts her to him.

(1) (Reply)

13 Surprising Ways Your Name Affects Your Success In Life / This Is What Happens When You Have Sex Frequently / F

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.