Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,831 members, 7,906,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:22 AM

teenager - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / teenager (626 Views)

Woman Stabs Teenager Over ‘husband-snatching’ Scandal In Ghana (photo) / A 44 Year Old Father Of 5 Impregnates A Teenager In Delta / Should A Pre-teenager Own A Smart Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

teenager by austin55: 12:47pm On Oct 22, 2013
what are the challenges involve in teenage upbringing
Re: teenager by Illuminatus(m): 4:52pm On Oct 22, 2013
It is a hard treacherous work. You'll need lots of patience and a good sense of judgement to deal with them. You'll to give and show them lots of love and attention. Spend time with them. Talk with them. Understand them.
If they're teenagers, you'll have to give them sort of independence and a lot of sex talk (this is important). Sometimes you should let them learn from their own mistakes. It is harder raising a girl than a boy. You've got to pay much attention on the girls. Give them sort of allowance. Money is important to them.
Above all, understand that they're your children. Love them no matter what. And do whatever you can to protect them, even from themselves.
Re: teenager by EfemenaXY: 5:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
austin55: how do we handle a growing child

We were once teenagers, so when 'dealing' with them, one should think back to how it was for us at that turbulent stage of our life. That'll help with understanding the angle they're coming from.

Teenagers are humans beings like us - though erractic, but they also need to be understood, their voices heard and to be treated with respect.

Now having said that, @OP pls go back and modify the spelling error in your thread's title - it's an eyesore.

1 Like

Re: teenager by WisdomMe(m): 11:36am On Oct 23, 2013
Woe to ur English teacher grin grin
Re: teenager by LewsTherin: 1:53pm On Oct 24, 2013
Teenagers you mean.

Teenagers are at that point in life where their actions are produced by hormones not by logic. (agreed, some people never grow past this stage). It is the dity of parents to set proper attitudes of behaviour befor their children reach their teens. That way, the range of deviation should be much smaller and less painful to both teens and parents.

When as a toddler the child gets anything it wants, says anything it feels loke, acts in anyway and the parents just shrug it off and say "ohhh what a cute baby!" you can be guaranteed of a hell of a time during the teenage years.

Using myself as an example, my Dad placed me on the straight and narrow very early on. Before ao was 6, I knew what was right and acceptable. By the time I was in my teens, I was one of the calmest minds amongst my peers as there was never a question as to what was right or wrong. My mates knew this, my teachers knew it. Contrast with a couple of my friends where their mothers would call me to talk sense into their sons that were going heywire.

If the foundations be faulty......
Re: teenager by austin55: 7:23am On Oct 25, 2013
@ efemena thanks
Re: teenager by EfemenaXY: 8:19am On Oct 25, 2013
^^ Your title's spelling is still wrong.

It's not tenager. It's teenager (a person in their teens)

(1) (Reply)

10 Commandments For All The Single Ladies Out There: / How Long You Date Before You Get Married? / Any Idea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.