Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,791 members, 7,938,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 01:13 AM

Evergreen Nigerian Songs - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Evergreen Nigerian Songs (44488 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Songs For July 2013 / Your Top 20 Evergreen Love Songs / Nigerian Songs That Never Get Old ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
lalaboi:

Perhaps you misinterpret the meaning of Evergreen. All he mentioned above are evergreen songs and cant be dismissed. If you are that old then the songs you listed above are evergreen to YOU

it doesn't change the fact that op is a kid and really can't connect with ever green songs from the good old 70's and 80's. When people procreated without caution because times were good.

1 Like

Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by 0monnakoda: 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2013
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by arthurflex(m): 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2013
Sattors: it means what we have on Nairaland are children.

Why is understanding very hard for people?
He meant Evergreen TRY TO UNDERSTAND...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by PRODUTIM1(m): 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2013
Americana-Pasuma
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by 0monnakoda: 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2013
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by naptu2: 6:25pm On Oct 26, 2013
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by naptu2: 6:31pm On Oct 26, 2013
My driver played this song every single day.

Orlando Owoh - Alagbon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2E2Pbr8_T0
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by naptu2: 6:37pm On Oct 26, 2013
I'm probably going to type rubbish now, but hopefully somebody will understand it.

Does anybody remember the song that went -

"Bonny bonny adetiti" ?

Can anybody remember the title of the song that was used for the commercial service of Radio Lagos in the early 1980s? It had this wonderful saxophone player.
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 26, 2013
warrenweste:

Do you have any of funmi adams videos eitr casseste or vcd or any of her full audio track apart from Nigeria my beloved country and ahye yaro..do u av tracls like mama thank you for your love..and omode o ema mogun oloro.......and all we need is love? Waiting
I got all d songs, but its on Video Casette. Man its bn a long while. D Casette I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ lyn somewhere at home nao, tho I can locate it. All d songs U mentioned are located there. Real cool songs. Tried lukn for d CD, but I havnt been able to get it. Picked d casette sumtym ago, tried watchn it, but video don spoil. Its bn ages we used it U know.
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by naptu2: 6:44pm On Oct 26, 2013
Gosh! I wish I could tell you what this song means to me.

King Sunny Ade - Gbeyo Gbeyo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O1Dv6BwZsQ
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by pharmow: 6:50pm On Oct 26, 2013
naptu2: Every single track by Fela Anikulapo-Kuti.

His songs were the soundtrack to coups, riots, teargas, presidential broadcasts, uncertainty, excitement, etc. I get goose bumps whenever I hear them.

Sorry bro I didn't mention your name, It was an oversight................Glad U understand the messages conveyed by the great.
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 26, 2013
OCTAVO: As for me, my list is very long and almost endless. But i'll list out a few songs here that makes me reminisce.

MAJEK FASHEK
-Send down the rain
-Mama dede

ONYENKA ONWENU
-One love
-Iyogogo

FUNMI ADAMS
-Nigeria my beloved country
-omode
-Mama

FELIX LIBERTY
-Ifeoma (I don't know if he eventually ended up marrying the Ifeoma sef)

MIKE OKRI
-Time na money

CHRISTY ESSIEN IGBOKWE
-Seun rere

SUNNY OKOSUN
-Which way Nigeria

VENO MARIOGHAE
-Nigeria go better

SIR VICTOR UWAIFOR
-Joromi

FELA KUTI
-Water no get enemy

EVI EDNA OGHOLI
-Make you dey look well before you cross
-I wish you happy birthday.

KWAM1
-Talazo

My list is endless for sure, I can go on and on. I'm an old school person grin

Brilliant line up U got there. Man! You are the deal. U are my buddy. I lyk peepz lyk U, am a die hard old skool music lover. Listening 2 old skool songs makes feel happy and excited.

1 Like

Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by naptu2: 6:53pm On Oct 26, 2013
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

I knew that there was something wrong with me (or my ears at least).

Here's the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_gG1A_7M6U
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 26, 2013
naptu2: I'm sure that the Funmi Adams, Sunny Ade, Shina Peters and other audio cassettes are still in that bag beneath the boxes, but the problem is, how do I carry all those boxes and how do I replace them?

Funmi Adams.

Ahayye Yaro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haRwKZ4D4hI

Nigeria My Beloved Country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBAoRf1O6m8
Hey pal! Abeg if U stl get the bag, I go hep U carry am. We go find ow we go convert am 2 mp3. My hobby I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ gathering old skool songs. I got a huge stash of them though, but am never satisfied. Still lukin for some pleasant and appealing tunes I heard way back in the early 90s during naming ceremonies, parties and so many events. Man! Old skool songs I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ the real deal. I feel so happy nd fulfilled listening to all dose gud tunes.

1 Like

Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by naptu2: 7:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
"Your Willing Willie" Willie Egbe, "Captain ZM" Zachary Mohammed, "JAJ" Joseph Akinyemi Johnson, Sunny Irabor, Aloma Nwogbe, Momoh Kubanje, Manny Onumonu, Ihria Enakhimo, "Boni With The Face" (geez! I can't remember his real name!),

Martin Street Special, Radioscope.
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Lyoncrescent: 7:05pm On Oct 26, 2013

1 Like

Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2013
OCTAVO: Pls does anyone have anything on Funmi Adams video?
I got the video Cassette. If U can convert it, I can get it across 2 U.
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Lyoncrescent: 7:08pm On Oct 26, 2013
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Extom(m): 7:11pm On Oct 26, 2013
blink182: it doesn't change the fact that op is a kid and really can't connect with ever green songs from the good old 70's and 80's. When people procreated without caution because times were good.
I've been looking for a human that fits the description of a very big Ram with twisted horns, that missed being slaughtered in the just concluded sallah, and I can't believe you've eluded me all these while.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by naptu2: 7:19pm On Oct 26, 2013
Lots of download links, but it's not on youtube.

Who remembers the song that was used for the Gold De Kanterbrau advert?

It's

Kris Okotie - "Fine Mama".

1 Like

Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 26, 2013
pharmow: i took my time to read thru the entire thread there wasn't anyone that mentioned Fela songs except naptu and someone that mentioned Water no get enemy. Nigerians are really myopic and unappreciative.................

For me All fela songs are evergreen
The highlife and funky musics of 70s
The meaningful Apalas, the Jujus and fujis of 70s and 80s

The songs of those era make U see down and reason...................An Oyinbo friend of mine in Canada Just told me about a funky Nigeria song by William Onyeabor while we were talking about Fela. Never heard of this song but the song is really funky and meaningful

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbV1auSJyq4[/flash]

Make una take baba 70 pansa pansa cool body

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie4lXCibjxQ[/flash]
I won't agree with Nigerians being myopic and unappreciate, I guess its the nature of Fela's songs. Fela's songs are quite enlightening, cos his lyrics are quite prophetic, but the fact I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ dat his songs cannot be listened 2 on all occasions. For instance in sober moods, especially when your spirit I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ dampened. But when U wanna get agitated, nd get high, listen 2 his songs. But songs of other old skool artistes in dat direction comes real cool nd superfluous, nd wen U got a dampened spirit or unlively mood, such songs will bounce U back 2 lyf. So I don't agree dat Nigerians don't appreciate Fela. They do in fact, but moreover, every one I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ got I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ favourite tunes and old skool Nigerian act.
For me I listen to Fela songs, I got a huge collection of them. If I wanna go for Juju or Apala, I go for Admiral Dele Abiodun, Emperor Pick Peters, Ayinla Omowura, Kayode Fasola, Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obey, Fatai Rolling Dollar, IK Dairo and so many others.
NB: the song sung by the artiste U where talking abt (William Onyeabor) I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ When The Going I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ Smooth and Rough. I got d song, nd few of his other songs. He I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ one of the most brilliant composers Nigeria has ever produced. If U listen 2 his songs, U will affirm dat.

2 Likes

Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by OCTAVO: 7:31pm On Oct 26, 2013
naptu2: Does anybody remember Sir Shina Peters' rap song?

"Omoge Loke Loke"
Of course.
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by yoged(m): 7:33pm On Oct 26, 2013
Ogbeche77: Evergreen songs
1. Odun lo si opin- CAC good women choir
2. Ko si ogbon to le da - Chief Ebenezer Obey
3. Africalypso- Lagbaja
spot on bro.odun n lo si opin is by Ecwa good women choir. The song is evergreen. Play it during december time, you'll see alot of people singing it... 1. Iba fun eledumare - ebenezer obey. 2. Ganja/ kenery - orlando owoh. 3 my darling -ik dairo

1 Like

Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by naptu2: 7:34pm On Oct 26, 2013
^^^

Listen to "Confusion Break Bone".

Man! His songs capture every mood.
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 26, 2013
naptu2: Does anybody remember Sir Shina Peters' rap song?

"Omoge Loke Loke"
Lolz. Man dat song was someting else! Funny nd lovely though.
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by naptu2: 7:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
Kris Okotie - "I Need Someone"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdaJwKkC7xE

Kris Okotie - "Carolina"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr3dVRg6HE0

He also sang ABC
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by OCTAVO: 7:37pm On Oct 26, 2013
zenopee:
I got the video Cassette. If U can convert it, I can get it across 2 U.
I can convert it.

2 Likes

Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Leemak: 7:38pm On Oct 26, 2013
All musics of AYINLA OMOWURA, the great singer from Itoko in Abeokuta:

2 Likes

Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by OCTAVO: 7:41pm On Oct 26, 2013
Leemak: All musics of AYINLA OMOWURA, the great singer from Itoko in Abeokuta:
Correct man!!!
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by naptu2: 7:44pm On Oct 26, 2013
zenopee:
Hey pal! Abeg if U stl get the bag, I go hep U carry am. We go find ow we go convert am 2 mp3. My hobby I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ gathering old skool songs. I got a huge stash of them though, but am never satisfied. Still lukin for some pleasant and appealing tunes I heard way back in the early 90s during naming ceremonies, parties and so many events. Man! Old skool songs I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ the real deal. I feel so happy nd fulfilled listening to all dose gud tunes.

You've motivated me. I'll start searching for them.
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 26, 2013
OCTAVO:
I can convert it.
Sure U can. There are studios that do that these days.
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 26, 2013
Leemak: All musics of AYINLA OMOWURA, the great singer from Itoko in Abeokuta:
Ayinla Omowura. The man always with a cigarette in between his fingers. U b correct sure guy jhor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? / Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord / Flavour's New Album - (blessed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.