Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,183 members, 7,907,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 05:16 AM

Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. (7985 Views)

Challenge Go All Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. / 5 Easy Steps To Debunking The Quran (for Christians, Atheists, Agnostics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Of course it isn't...

...any more than any other field of learning is. Silly atheist grin

Smh.....

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 22, 2013
Secularist: Word!

I dont believe in absolutes also, but i find it hard to impossible to believe in a God who created man and caused him to war with each other and blame it on his other creation, the devil. I find such a god malevolent and non deserving of any kind of adoration or worship.

I am not a 7 based on my lack of belief in absolutes, but in my case it would not matter if such a god existed or not, my mind is set on my idea of him.

Bwahahahaahahaahaha! This guy! "I don't believe in absolutes but my mind is absolutely made up"! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 11:07pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Lol. What makes yours higher intelligence and your spirit liberal? Being atheistic? Tehehehehe

Dude, go and sing hallelujah or something, this thread is beyond you.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 22, 2013
Secularist: Hehehehe

Please O! I was very clear in my topic header, i dont want any christian or islamist person bringing anything to the table, this discussion is light years beyond you O.
Lol. I was thinking Aeons ahead. To begin with, what you think is a light year?
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 22, 2013
mazaje: It depends on what you mean by god. . .I am a 7 when it comes to gods like Jesus, Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Ra, Zeus etc. . .All these gods do not exist and are a creation of humans. . .In fact all the gods of man made religions are man made so I know that Allah or Yahweh for example do not exist in reality because humans created and formed those god ideas. . .

Lol. "I don't accept some candidates for the God-position, therefore, God does not exist"! Ehe ehe ehehehehehehehehehhehe grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

How silly.....

Anyone who has read the bible can debate with a theologian from morning to night on similar grounds
Reading a biology textbook (or books) only will never put you on the same grounds with a biologist..
Lol. How you think! So reading the bible makes you a theologian?
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 11:12pm On Oct 22, 2013
Seriously mates, if you dont belong here leave. I don't want to derail this thread by saying anything negative to you.

This thread is for people who can question religion and have evolved. The Majority did not make the earth flat with all their hateful bashing of the truth. History will almost always repeat itself.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 22, 2013
david_hume: Science has a way of humbling a guy!
You continually have to update your knowledge. Nothing is set in stone.

I remember learning the gas laws in school...lol
From Boyles law to Charles Law, Perfect gas, kinetic theory, Absolute zero etc.
All of which are correct under certain conditions.

People in Isaac Newton's time had a mechanistic view of the world till the age of quantum physics.
But my favourite of them all is Heisenberg's uncertainty principle. I'm sure it gives every true skeptic a wet dream every now and then... grin

However, new findings have never made old science a lie, have they? smiley Newton didn't know quantum physics but have his equations for motion been destroyed as false? They haven't. They have been refined. They can even be used unrefined under certain conditions (the very conditions under which they were crafted, I might add) without loss. smiley

Figure out my point, if you can smiley
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Anybody can read the bible/holy book....anyone can engage in theology.

Anyone can read Principle of Physics...anyone can engage in physics grin
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 22, 2013
Secularist: Seriously mates, if you dont belong here leave. I don't want to derail this thread by saying anything negative to you.
Lol. Something negative? So much intelligence that neglects the role of the temperate man. Lol
Secularist:
This thread is for people who can question religion and have evolved. The Majority did not make the earth flat with all their hateful bashing of the truth. History will almost always repeat itself.
Lol. What do you mean by the above?
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 11:15pm On Oct 22, 2013
Secularist: Seriously mates, if you dont belong here leave. I don't want to derail this thread by saying anything negative to you.

grin shocked
Evolved! Omo! This one na strong thing o.
Chai!!!!!!!!!!!
Smh.

You sound like something out of a sci-fi movie.

Keep evolving in sin and lawlessness. Call me whatever you want. The wages of sin is death and the free-gift of God is life. Keep sinning, you gonna end up in hell dude. Swallow your pride.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Lol. The dude is taking retardation to a new level in downward motion.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 11:22pm On Oct 22, 2013
You guys are cracking me up.

Since your god is so powerful why dont you let him fight for you? Pray and tell your god to strike me with thunder, till then let my thread be abeg. I have no qualms with you, you are simply a by product of indoctrination and unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about it.

Okay, I am kidding. Your way is the truth and the light, i don hear, please leave now.

When was it by force to discuss with religious people, i wonder how long before you guys start preaching to us with a koran or bible in hand and a machete in another...wait, i forget, that was how your religions became popular.

Please i only want to converse with like minds, you can go now and save yourselves from being enlightened.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 22, 2013
Secularist: Hehehehe

Please O! I was very clear in my topic header, i dont want any christian or islamist person bringing anything to the table, this discussion is light years beyond you O.
Pardon me. Your thread is just irresistible. You see, I've been looking for that thing that makes you atheists einsteins for a while now. I still haven't found it! grin Thought your thread might have it. So far, it has the radical opposite undecided

I am impressed by the people picking 7.

But i think the uncertainty principle is also my defense for not believing in absolutes.

But one thing is for sure, i am an atheist by choice of reason. I believe every black person has a moral right to refuse religion of any sort, one must not be too quick to forget how it was used as a justification tool for slavery. I am not one to hate on any color of person, but it seems crazy that one even when "free" would still choose to follow in his slave master's religion even when the slave masters are rejecting it. Britain probably has the highest number of atheists and agnostics in the world right now.
See? You accept the religion, therefore you're a slave. You reject it, therefore you're not. Your master rejects it, you do too, but you're not a slave grin Very logical!

Don't you suppose that the slave is the person who accepts it because his master gives it and rejects it because his master rejects it? It's you atheists still following white masters na, no be so? grin

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 22, 2013
Secularist:

Dude, go and sing hallelujah or something, this thread is beyond you.

Yeah, so I've heard cheesy
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 22, 2013
Secularist: You guys are cracking me up.

Since your god is so powerful why dont you let him fight for you? Pray and tell your god to strike me with thunder, till then let my thread be abeg. I have no qualms with you, you are simply a by product of indoctrination and unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about it.

Okay, I am kidding. Your way is the truth and the light, i don hear, please leave now.

When was it by force to discuss with religious people, i wonder how long before you guys start preaching to us with a koran or bible in hand and a machete in another...wait, i forget, that was how your religions became popular.

Please i only want to converse with like minds, you can go now and save yourselves from being enlightened.
Lol. Guys this is logicboy with a new handle grin. Lb, why na?
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by davidhume1: 11:26pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ihedinobi:

However, new findings have never made old science a lie, have they? smiley Newton didn't know quantum physics but have his equations for motion been destroyed as false? They haven't. They have been refined. They can even be used unrefined under certain conditions (the very conditions under which they were crafted, I might add) without loss. smiley

Figure out my point, if you can smiley

Hope you're not trying to put words in my mouth o!
I said "all of them are correct under certain conditions". I didn't say anything about old science being false o!
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 22, 2013

I'll gladly leave once you can show me that I neither question religion nor have "evolved". I swear I'm serious. I'm not joking.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 11:27pm On Oct 22, 2013

you are the one heavily indoctrinated with falsehood

If God strikes you with thunder, you'll quickly find yourself in hell. What's the point? Stay alive and be preached to a while, who knows, you might change.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. The dude is taking retardation to a new level in downward motion.

ROTFLMAO grin grin grin grin
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 11:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ihedinobi:
Pardon me. Your thread is just irresistible. You see, I've been looking for that thing that makes you atheists einsteins for a while now. I still haven't found it! grin Thought your thread might have it. So far, it has the radical opposite undecided

See? You accept the religion, therefore you're a slave. You reject it, therefore you're not. Your master rejects it, you do too, but you're not a slave grin Very logical!

Don't you suppose that the slave is the person who accepts it because his master gives it and rejects it because his master rejects it? It's you atheists still following white masters na, no be so? grin

Please NAH! Oya am a slave, i have chains on and all, u happy now?

Just leave this thread. If you are fascinated by atheist perhaps you should become one instead of chastising. I could send you Dawkin's book if you want. Send me your email and i'd send it to you now. You can keep yourself occupied with that for the time being.

If you only want to constitute a nuisance and wonder why we are smarter than you then google it, your answers are there. Please bro, go away before our intelligence on important matters confuse you.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. Guys this is logicboy with a new handle grin. Lb, why na?

You just keep embarrassing yourself.

grin grin grin grin

#reporting your comment to mods for false accusation/comment
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 11:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

grin grin grin grin

if I begin to report some of your comments to me lb, you'd be banned 70 times over till 2097
grin
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 22, 2013

Ok. I will go. But, ehn, what if I don't mind being enlightened? I'm serious.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Anonyism at its best......selectively quoting and forming nonsense mirror arguments

Why not handle the full statement?

Logicboy03:

How silly.....

Anyone who has read the bible can debate with a theologian from morning to night on similar grounds
Reading a biology textbook (or books) only will never put you on the same grounds with a biologist..

You christians are experts at conflating and misconstruing things to fit lies that protect your religion
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 22, 2013
david_hume:

Hope you're not trying to put words in my mouth o!
I said "all of them are correct under certain conditions". I didn't say anything about old science being false o!

Ok. smiley
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

grin grin grin grin

Lol. Building your bridge to Abuja. Lol. If you like make it hundred you will still lose in any category you are nominated. Lolz.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 11:31pm On Oct 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

grin grin grin grin

Interesting. This must be like the trinity, he is logic boy and i am logic boy even though i am not logic boy, HEY! Where is the third same but different guy to complete the trio??

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
Joshthefirst: if I begin to report some of your comments to me lb, you'd be banned 70 times over till 2097
grin

Would be more sensible to teach your christian brother about evidence and false accusations.

That will teach him not to accuse logicboy/atheists of everything bad....

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
Secularist:

Interesting. This must be like the trinity, he is logic boy and i am logic boy even though i am not logic boy, HEY! Where is the third same but different guy to complete the trio??

Who knows......a new moniker called "humanist" can complete the trinity?
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 11:33pm On Oct 22, 2013
If this guy secularist is not one of the atheists with a new I'd, then he is still a learner sef.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Would be more sensible to teach your christian brother about evidence and false accusations.
Lol. Do you mind if we start from the op?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? / Ifa Staff Of Magickal Powers ~ Itan Of How Orunmila Obtain Secrets From Iyami / Anonyism 101.....asking Meaningless Philosophical Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.