Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,778 members, 7,969,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 02:33 AM

Embracing God Commands - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Embracing God Commands (426 Views)

Man Of God Commands Spirit Of Snakes To Enter Congregation [shocking Photo] / Look Who's Embracing Chris Oyakhilome! / Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Embracing God Commands by yommyuk: 7:27am On Oct 23, 2013
Psalm 119:127-128
Because I love your commands more than gold, more than pure gold, and because I consider all your precepts right, I hate every wrong path. NIV

What’s your attitude towards God’s commands? Do you fear them? Do you resent them? Do you try to get away from them? That’s a foolish attitude.

Remember, God gave His commands to us not to create problems for us but to solve them, not to harm us but to help us. God’s love is in His commands. They are given to save us from ourselves, to save us from evil, to show us the way out of our difficulties and our problems.

The psalmist had learned that, that’s why he said to God, “I love your commands more that gold, more than pure gold.” What is more precious than gold? Nothing in this created world. But God’s commands are infinitely more precious and the psalmist had learned that. Instead of running from God’s commands, resenting them, obeying them reluctantly, he said, “I love your commands more than pure gold.”

And then he said, “Because I consider all Your precepts right, I hate every wrong path.” You see, when we love God’s commands and obey them; automatically they reveal to us what is wrong. They show us how to distinguish between good and evil, between what is beneficial and what is harmful. And when we are walking in the light of God’s commands, they keep us from everything harmful, from everything hurtful, from every wrong path.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

John 14:31

But I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go from here.

2 Chronicles 31:21
“And every work that he undertook in the service of the house of God and in accordance with the law and the commandments, seeking his God, he did with all his heart, and prospered.”

God bless wink

1 Like

Re: Embracing God Commands by Alwaystrue(f): 8:13am On Oct 23, 2013
@OP,
Thanks for this beautiful message. Jesus said His true disciples do His commands and those who truly love Him obey Him and His Father will fellowship with them. How can we truly love someone and not do what gives Him pleasure? For our God cannot stand iniquity and that is why the saints are those who keep God's commands in truth and have the testimony of Jesus.
It is obvious the world is in such turmoil because the world has cast away the commands of God which should have given them life.

Of a truth I can say:
The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
We get to understand Him that we love by knowing His mind through His Word.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

All He Had To Offer / Is It Compulsory To Attend Church Every Sunday / So, You See! Christians Worship Stones As Well.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.