Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,860 members, 7,883,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 09:25 PM

Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) (5765 Views)

Silverbird Cinemas Ikeja(shoprite) Vs Silverbird. Galleria(lekki) / Movie Times At Silverbird Lagos, Abuja And Ph / Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by tpia: 10:45pm On Jul 11, 2008
Guardian:

RUGINA !!. Could you kindly tell us the following:

1. Name of movie ?
2. Day/Date you saw the movie ?
3. Why in the world didn't you make a complaint in the mid or right after the movie ? ( This the only way to make the Change in Nigeria)

@ bolded: exactly.
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by xJaysonx(m): 10:59pm On Jul 11, 2008
You guys should take it easy, her thread was a question first of. Enough said from folks here we know it couldn't be pirated. That isn't the management's quality.

What more do we what to hear from her. It's ok.
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by Mustay(m): 10:14am On Jul 12, 2008
x Jayson x:

her thread was a question first of.

rugina:

Silverbird Cinema Is Showing Pirated Movies?

I went to silverbird to watch a movie?
Guess what? It was a pirated copy.
na wa,why i no go alaba international and get my own copy grin
I saw people's head in the movie also watching the movie. undecided

Does she want an answer here - she already had an answer
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by spikedcylinder: 8:56am On Jul 14, 2008
Who the hell is ^^^^^ this guy?? undecided undecided
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by Scopium: 7:11pm On Jul 14, 2008
[size=13pt]Anything can happen.[/size]
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by Roscodaddy(m): 12:29am On Jul 15, 2008
Naija Gal,U don start,u sure say na u pay enter the cinema so,maybe na one aristo pay for u,u sure say na Silverbird u even go sef,if na Silverbird,tell me the address and how the front be,infact na lie you dey lie. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by sojioguns(m): 12:29pm On Jul 15, 2008
I really don't believe it. It is only possible if you were watching a Nollywood move. It is technically impossible to watch a pirated foreign film. You would have to blow it up to film to even project it in Silverbird cinemas. Please let us get our facts right before we post such accusations.
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by TmeD0(m): 6:41pm On Jul 15, 2008
sojioguns:

I really don't believe it. It is only possible if you were watching a Nollywood move. It is technically impossible to watch a pirated foreign film. You would have to blow it up to film to even project it in Silverbird cinemas. Please let us get our facts right before we post such accusations.

Dude, you'd be surprised!  Just because you haven't seen it done doesn't mean it can't be done.  Na just my own 2 kobo o.  Peace!
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by sojioguns(m): 6:54pm On Jul 15, 2008
@ T@meD0,
I am telling you because I screened Irapada at Silverbird b4. Each screening room has 2 projectors, one film and one digital. If you talk of pirated movies, you talk of recording movies in the cinema with a consumer camcorder, which can only produce crap imagery. Professional cameras are too big to be sneaked into the cinema. To project anything on a film projector, you would have to blow it up to 35mm film (which is what Silverbird uses). The cost alone of doing that is outrageous (millions of Naira). The other route is DVD rip and the movie in question (hancock) isnt out on DVD yet. So like i said b4, it isnt possible.
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by auntybinta: 10:24pm On Jul 15, 2008
That's crazy! I had heard from one of my friends, that they played a pirated movie, I didn't believe. if you actually saw people sitting and standing, that's just funny! LOL!
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by Mustay(m): 9:11am On Jul 16, 2008
. . .maybe 'your friend' is Rugina too wink grin
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by Eesyboi: 5:55am On Jul 18, 2008
I dont believe also, Silverbird? dey dere not try it,
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by franksowo: 7:50am On Jul 19, 2008
I think whoever posted this stuff about a pirated movie at the silverbird cinema,should give more precise details as regards the movie title and when it was shown so this could be investigated properly cos this issue is pathetic and if true i consider very degrading to our already dented Nigeria image.
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by oge4real(f): 7:00pm On Jul 19, 2008
Silverbird? I refuse to believe this
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by idonland(m): 4:49pm On Jul 21, 2008
if a movie was boot leg it would be obvious, the cameras they use to shoot bootleg movies are not high resolution so if they tried to blow it up to the big screen it would not be clear at all, also the sound quality would be horrible. My brother works for silver bird and i can assure you that they would never show bootleg movies, thats why you often have to wait a little bit before movies come out there.
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by Uniquewun(f): 7:18pm On Jul 24, 2008
I no believe am shocked
silverbird na correct
no be nigerian own am , u kno dat ?

maybe u dey see double
tongue
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by Mustay(m): 8:33am On Jul 25, 2008
Na who con own Am?

oyibo? tongue
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by ayobase(m): 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2008
not surprised,
anywhere,wherever.anyhow,
Piracy?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Website To Download The Flash / The 14 Best Horror Films Of 2014 / “Mimi The Movie”: Quorum Announces Media Partnership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.