Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,603 members, 7,878,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:54 AM

First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest - Nairaland Ads (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Ads / First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest (93240 Views)

Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest / Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by folyboy2013: 1:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
Seun: The 30kb restriction did not prevent yusufu16 from submitting fantastic banners with no compression artifacts.

sincerely, my upload still show 28kb, with 318 * 106. would like to know why the disqualification after meeting the brief details.
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Seun(m): 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
folyboy2013: sincerely, my upload still show 28kb, with 318 * 106. would like to know why the disqualification after meeting the brief details.
One of them is 101kb.
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by folyboy2013: 2:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
Seun: One of them is 101kb.

no problem, you have it and you are the master, i might have summit the wrong one instead of the normal size. because what i am having on my system here is 28kb and 318 8 106.
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Seun(m): 2:11pm On Oct 30, 2013
folyboy2013: no problem, you have it and you are the master, i might have summit the wrong one instead of the normal size. because what i am having on my system here is 28kb and 318 8 106.
You would not have won even if you submitted the right size, for 2 reasons: (1) The quality of your work. (2) Your dishonest self-praise. smiley
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by AbuMikey(m): 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2013
Seun: You would not have won even if you submitted the right size, for 2 reasons: (1) The quality of your work. (2) Your dishonest self-praise. smiley

Haile Selaise cheesy

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by folyboy2013: 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2013
Seun: You would not have won even if you submitted the right size, for 2 reasons: (1) The quality of your work. (2) Your dishonest self-praise. smiley

wonder where that your reasons came from. shocked
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by erad(m): 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2013
Seun: The 30kb restriction did not prevent yusufu16, lightheart and others from submitting fantastic banners with no compression artifacts.

Sir! You are the boss. I'm more into print designs and branding. I never work against size, I just pour out my creativity. Kindly excuse my ignorance.

***takes a bow***

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by homesteady(m): 2:15pm On Oct 30, 2013

grin grin

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by AbuMikey(m): 2:16pm On Oct 30, 2013
folyboy2013:

wonder where that your reasons came from. shocked

You wan lie? grin

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by MeAndYou(m): 2:16pm On Oct 30, 2013

WOW! The unseen eyes do see. shocked shocked shocked
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by folyboy2013: 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2013
where r all other discussion, deleted because the truth have been saidz.mtchwwww
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by homesteady(m): 4:31pm On Oct 30, 2013
What going on here?
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by rufychuks: 4:59pm On Oct 30, 2013
Just an observation. lemuhito's work is beautiful but his covenant university banner has 'admission' misspelt. How come he wasnt disqualified?!
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by qeemus: 6:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
rufychuks: Just an observation. lemuhito's work is beautiful but his covenant university banner has 'admission' misspelt. How come he wasnt disqualified?!
MANIFEST AND MATTEW BRIGS also mispelt COVENANT.
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Seun(m): 7:13pm On Oct 30, 2013
rufychuks: Just an observation. lemuhito's work is beautiful but his covenant university banner has 'admission' misspelt. How come he wasnt disqualified?!
You are right. They will all be disqualified. This is really brutal!! I'm not enjoying it but rules are rules... We will have another contest.

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:25pm On Oct 30, 2013
Seun: You are right. They will all be disqualified. This is really brutal!! I'm not enjoying it but rules are rules... We will have another contest.

Rules:
* Your banners must be 318 pixels wide, 106 pixels tall, in the PNG/JPG format, 30kb or less in file size, and border-less.
* If you use pictures or graphic images, they must be obviously related to the product/service that's being advertised.
* You must be based in Nigeria or have a means of accepting payment from advertisers based in Nigeria.
* Entries must be submitted as attachments on this thread on or before 6:00PM on Sunday the 27th of October, 2013.

The above were the rules, no where was it explicitly stated that spelling errors where grounds for disqualification.

Moreover, my error was not only unprofessional but careless have learnt my lesson. Most importantly its your competition your rules. Do as you please.

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Seun(m): 7:34pm On Oct 30, 2013
Matthew briggs:

Rules:
* Your banners must be 318 pixels wide, 106 pixels tall, in the PNG/JPG format, 30kb or less in file size, and border-less.
* If you use pictures or graphic images, they must be obviously related to the product/service that's being advertised.
* You must be based in Nigeria or have a means of accepting payment from advertisers based in Nigeria.
* Entries must be submitted as attachments on this thread on or before 6:00PM on Sunday the 27th of October, 2013.

These were the rules no where was it it explicitly stated that spelling errors where grounds for disqualification.

Moreover it's your competition your rules. Do as you please.
According to the competition rules, you were supposed to design an ad for Covenant University. However, you designed an ad for Convenant University. So we can say that you were disqualified for not designing any ad for Covenant University... shocked

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Jbluv55(m): 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2013
Matthew briggs:
Rules:

These were the rules no where was it it explicitly stated that spelling errors where grounds for disqualification.

Moreover it's your competition your rules. Do as you please.

Seun: No matter how good your entry, if it has any typographical error, or if it falls short of any of the rules, then it will automatically be disqualified. cool

Though its a tough rule to apply but you can't blame him much. And in any case people make fun of typos on ads a lot and get discouraged @tyms when they see typos. I guess I am one of those that will sympathize with anyone this rule affects. I love ur work broda but I guess there is always a chance to become better and that includes objecting/querying/criticizing ur own work 1st b4 others have the opportunity to.

Let's not despise training people. smiley

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:43pm On Oct 30, 2013
Seun: According to the competition rules, you were supposed to design an ad for Covenant University. However, you designed an ad for Convenant University. So we can say that you were disqualified for not designing any ad for Covenant University... shocked

You are right, my lesson's been learnt. Desire to compete in the future gone. wink
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by alfredo4u(m): 8:02pm On Oct 30, 2013
When is the result coming out?

My blood dey hot ohhhhh
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Seun(m): 8:03pm On Oct 30, 2013
Matthew briggs: You are right, my lesson's been learnt. Desire to compete in the future gone. wink
This reaction suggests that you're the kind of designer who doesn't accept feedback or correction from customers. That's too bad.

2 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Seun(m): 8:19pm On Oct 30, 2013
alfredo4u: When is the result coming out?
My blood dey hot ohhhhh
this evening. What do you think about the current top five on the list?
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:37pm On Oct 30, 2013
Seun: This reaction suggests that you're the kind of designer who doesn't accept feedback or correction from customers. That's too bad.

I accept feed back, infact I crave for it. My reaction is me just been real. If you were a client who cancels my contract outrightly due to a one word mistake, instead of pointing it out and asking me to fix, I would'nt work for you in the future even if the contract is worth millions. I am a desinger, am human , am not infallible. I therefore expect my client to understand that.

So don't get me wrong. Because I for one respect your decision.
But the fact remains I am not enthusiastic about it.

2 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by homesteady(m): 8:44pm On Oct 30, 2013
Seun: this evening. What do you think about the current top five on the list?

Evening has pass now! Its already night! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22)

Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.