Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,487 members, 7,940,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 12:48 PM

Jesus,money, And The Great Commission - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus,money, And The Great Commission (600 Views)

The Great Commission: Whose Responsibility Is It? / Great Commission Is Not The Great Suggestion / The Great Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus,money, And The Great Commission by anukulapo: 11:21am On Oct 24, 2013
I listened to a preacher talked about “money as a missionary“ and by that he meant that money is useful for mission and (the) ministry.

So many reasonable,acceptable and objective obvious points he raised aside (for the sake of driving home a point) that he noted that all the people Jesus visited (their homes) to dine with are all wealthy people.

Can anybody justify and tell me the significance of the point he noted about Jesus' visit to those people? Was Jesus really trying to pass a message?
Please note that I know about Jesus' teaching about money.
Re: Jesus,money, And The Great Commission by Joagbaje(m): 1:39pm On Oct 24, 2013
Jesus visited some wealthy people but his his visit and their wealth were only coincidences . It wasn't based on their wealth . We can't say Martha and mary were rich just becsuse she gave a very expensive perfume . Rich people don't do prostitution.
Re: Jesus,money, And The Great Commission by Candour(m): 1:54pm On Oct 24, 2013
Joagbaje:
Jesus visited some wealthy people but his his visit and their wealth were only coincidences . It wasn't based on their wealth . We can't say Martha and mary were rich just becsuse she gave a very expensive perfume . Rich people don't do prostitution.

@bolded. I agree fully.

They were mere coincidences. Nothing more
Re: Jesus,money, And The Great Commission by anukulapo: 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2013
@Jo and candor
Worse,it would contradict some of his teachings.
If the point he (the preacher) made is based on a strong conviction of his belief that money is that important so much that christ only visited those people,then,I am really sorry for him (the preacher)
Re: Jesus,money, And The Great Commission by Candour(m): 7:05pm On Oct 24, 2013
anukulapo: @Jo and candor
Worse,it would contradict some of his teachings.
If the point he (the preacher) made is based on a strong conviction of his belief that money is that important so much that christ only visited those people,then,I am really sorry for him (the preacher)

I feel sorry for such a preacher too if he feels Jesus Christ was so moved by money. He obviously does not know Jesus Christ yet.
Re: Jesus,money, And The Great Commission by ayobase(m): 5:26pm On Oct 27, 2013
Since Jesus Christ knows that it is easier for a camel to go through they eye of a needle than a rich man making heaven, so I wanna believe that Jesus Christ was trying to see what He can do via personally evangelising to them!

And that it is "mere coincidence", WRONG. Jesus is omniscience. He knows their status before visiting!

(1) (Reply)

Gospel Of Grace 1 / New World Order Under Antichrist: Are You Rapture Compliant? / So You Believe In God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.