Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,857 members, 7,945,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 04:32 AM

Free Website Design Training Live On Nairaland And Be Your Own Boss! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Free Website Design Training Live On Nairaland And Be Your Own Boss! (767 Views)

Mini Importation Training Live On Nairaland (free) / Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! / An Intensive 3-day Joomla(cms) Web Development Training Live In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free Website Design Training Live On Nairaland And Be Your Own Boss! by ZinoFego: 2:21pm On Oct 24, 2013
Learn how to create an interactive Websites in less than 24hrs.

The basic requirement to learn this? It's your ability to read through the free training topics here on Nairaland.

You don't need prior website development knowledge nor programming skills. You don't have to be a mathematian to learn this.

What we are learning is called Joomla.

Joomla is a Content Management System (CMS) that enables you to build dynamic websites like an eCommerce sites, jobs portal, etc.

Joomla is easy to learn.

You can click the link below to start the Free class:
https://www.nairaland.com/1485054/joomla-free-training-nairaland-live.

See you there!
Re: Free Website Design Training Live On Nairaland And Be Your Own Boss! by ZinoFego: 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
We've not gone far, we're just on No. 2 in the Table of Content Below.

So you can hop in, we're waiting for you.

Table of Content:

1. Overview of Joomla.
2. Installing Joomla in a few steps
3. A tour of the backend (Administrator Panel) 4. Global Configuration of the backend
5. Creating Content
6. Menus
7. Components
8. Modules
9. Plug-ins
10. Templates
11. User Manager
12. Media Manager
13. Languages
14. SEO & SEF
15. Security.
Re: Free Website Design Training Live On Nairaland And Be Your Own Boss! by ZinoFego: 4:29pm On Oct 24, 2013
1. Overview of Joomla.

Welcome to Joomla!!!

Joomla is a FREE Content Management System (CMS) that enables you to build world class websites and powerful web applications. It's ease-of-use and extensiveness have made Joomla the most popular website software available. Best of all, Joomla is an open source, so it is freely available for everyone to use.

Let me quickly explain what a Content Management System (CMS) means in respect to website development. A CMS is a software that keeps track of all the content of your website. Content can be text, image, video or anything you can think of. A major advantage of using Joomla is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage.

Many Corporate Web sites or portals, Online magazines, newspapers, and publications, Government applications, School and church Web sites are running on Joomla.

Do you know that the Federal Republic of Nigeria's website http://www.nigeria.gov.ng/ was built using Joomla? Emphatically YES!!! And you can guess what that cost. Funny enough, I can put the Nigerian website http://www.nigeria.gov.ng running in a matter of hours.

So you are in for something spectacular here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1485054/joomla-free-training-nairaland-live.

1 Like

Re: Free Website Design Training Live On Nairaland And Be Your Own Boss! by McCoded007(m): 8:43pm On Oct 24, 2013
This is gonna be cool, lets go sir........
Re: Free Website Design Training Live On Nairaland And Be Your Own Boss! by ZinoFego: 9:18pm On Oct 24, 2013
McCoded007: This is gonna be cool, lets go sir........

Class is on...I pray it helps you and many others.
Re: Free Website Design Training Live On Nairaland And Be Your Own Boss! by TheWiseGuy(m): 12:56pm On Nov 23, 2013
I commend the entire management of Nairaland for this great training. This is like given back to the society and an asset to the beginning webdesigners.

(1) (Reply)

Jazzgrin Had Been Suspended At Examloaded Shout Box / Help!!! I Want To Deactivate Back Button On Browser / Pls How Can I Add Ads To My Blogger Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.