Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,986 members, 7,973,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:58 PM

Marital Rape - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marital Rape (1039 Views)

Can A Man Be A Victim Of Marital Rape? / Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / Why Is MARITAL RAPE Considered To Be A CRIME? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marital Rape by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
Marital Rape while criminalized in some countries, remain legal in a good number of countries.

Why is 'Marital Rape' not criminalized in Nigeria?? And why don't we have people advocating for the criminalization of marital r*ape in Nigeria?

Do the patriarchal society feed the concept of marital exemption??
Re: Marital Rape by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
Gengen dom dom dom...action film...space for sale: this will be epic!
Re: Marital Rape by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 24, 2013
Re: Marital Rape by yorex2011: 5:56pm On Oct 24, 2013
maybe u shud ask d right authorities....like haus of assembly..
Re: Marital Rape by shortgun(m): 6:29pm On Oct 24, 2013
winkCan a man r@pe his wife? Can a woman r@pe her husband ? How do u determine r@pe in marriage?
Re: Marital Rape by ireneidiva(f): 8:51pm On Oct 24, 2013
shortgun: winkCan a man r@pe his wife? Can a woman r@pe her husband ? How do u determine r@pe in marriage?

if she tells him 'no' and he forces himself on her, what do you call that?

2 Likes

Re: Marital Rape by Nobody: 5:59am On Oct 25, 2013
shortgun: winkCan a man r@pe his wife? Can a woman r@pe her husband ? How do u determine r@pe in marriage?
Bruises, any sign of force, lie detector.......

It can be difficult to prove but its very possible to prove. First, r*ape can cause trauma to the vag1na. If the woman reports it straight away, they do a rape kit, take DNA, and take note of any trauma to the vagina. Most of the time, it is basically her word against his. The victim's testimony is considered evidence and has an upper hand over that of the accused.
Re: Marital Rape by Kanwulia: 7:15am On Oct 25, 2013
Foreign concept in my family lineage. . . I don't know of such women and men in this kind of PRIMITIVE 'network'!
I pray I never! kiss

Mgbeke-Alatika life! TWA!!!!
That man will die in his sleep for sure!
Shegey!!!

Please, this is 2014 almost. . .not 1014. Let the 'villagers' remain 'villagers' AND EMANCIPATE THEMSELVES FROM MENTAL AND SPIRITUAL SLAVERY. . . .STEP INTO CIVILIZATION!!! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Chogon Facilities Handyman Services For Your Home Maintenance Services / Advice For My Seven Year Old / Can She Accept Him Him Just Like That?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.