Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,726 members, 7,875,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:15 PM

Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP (1047 Views)

Why Apc’s Alhassan Was Declared Taraba Governor — Tribunal / Lets DIALOGUE: PDP/GEJ And Apc/gmb..who Is More Trustworthy / National Dialogue: PDP Thugs Disrupt Talks In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP by bcomputer101: 6:28am On Oct 25, 2013
THE leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP)
has slammed the All Progressive Congress(APC) over
its decisions to boycott the forthcoming national
dialogue,affirming that the opposition has nothing to
contribute for the progress of the nation.
The APC had, through its Interim National Publicity
Secretary of the party, Alhaji Lai Mohammed,
described the planned conference as diversionary and
that the Federal Government lacked credibility to
organise such a conference.
Mohammed said, “what we see today is that this
government has lost focus; it has lost credibility, it has
lost control of the economy. In any event, we see this
thing as nothing but a diversion and what are we
talking about a national conference for when even the
President(Dr. Goodluck Jonathan) himself has said the
outcome of the conference would be subjected to the
approval of the National Assembly?” the APC said.
The PDP, through its National Publicity Secretary of
the party, Chief Olisa Metuh, however, condemned the
APC as lacking ideas for national growth and
development,declaring that the dialogue was not a
conference of political parties but that of Nigerians of
various ethnic nationalities.
Describing the position of the APC as unpatriotic, the
PDP said Nigerians were ready to talk and
Dialogue,accusing the opposition party of operating
divison and discord as a tool for politics.
Said Metuh, “the APC thrives in sowing seeds of
discords and division. They promote ethnic interest
above national interest and they value the interest of
their Financial overlords.
“Nigerians have welcomed the
conference.Traditional ,religious leaders and leaders
of civil society have embraced the dialogue. If they
are boycotting,it is because they have nothing to
contribute to the progress of the nation?”
The PDP, he said ,believed in the national dialogue,
adding “we believe we can be better than what we are
today. We believe the goal is to bring up ideas to build
greater nation,” he said.

Source: www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/24733-why-apc-is-scared-of-national-dialogue-pdp.html
Re: Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 25, 2013
The truth is dat the APC is just as clueless as the PDP.. The PDP can at least claim to have executed some project ofcourse this is seriously exaggerated but the APC don't even have a clue as to what to do if ever power is handed over to them... For the sake of equity, why can't they join the national dialogue if they mean well for dis country... The only strategy they think would get them into Aso rock is criticising every action of the federal government to the relish of gullible Nigerians, they are yet to tell us about any constructive and intelligent alternative...

5 Likes

Re: Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP by ochilikoko(m): 6:44am On Oct 25, 2013
bcomputer101: THE leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP)
has slammed the All Progressive Congress(APC) over
its decisions to boycott the forthcoming national
dialogue,affirming that the opposition has nothing to
contribute for the progress of the nation.
The APC had, through its Interim National Publicity
Secretary of the party, Alhaji Lai Mohammed,
described the planned conference as diversionary and
that the Federal Government lacked credibility to
organise such a conference.
Mohammed said, “what we see today is that this
government has lost focus; it has lost credibility, it has
lost control of the economy. In any event, we see this
thing as nothing but a diversion and what are we
talking about a national conference for when even the
President(Dr. Goodluck Jonathan) himself has said the
outcome of the conference would be subjected to the
approval of the National Assembly?” the APC said.
The PDP, through its National Publicity Secretary of
the party, Chief Olisa Metuh, however, condemned the
APC as lacking ideas for national growth and
development,declaring that the dialogue was not a
conference of political parties but that of Nigerians of
various ethnic nationalities.
Describing the position of the APC as unpatriotic, the
PDP said Nigerians were ready to talk and
Dialogue,accusing the opposition party of operating
divison and discord as a tool for politics.
Said Metuh, “the APC thrives in sowing seeds of
discords and division. They promote ethnic interest
above national interest and they value the interest of
their Financial overlords.
“Nigerians have welcomed the
conference.Traditional ,religious leaders and leaders
of civil society have embraced the dialogue. If they
are boycotting,it is because they have nothing to
contribute to the progress of the nation?”
The PDP, he said ,believed in the national dialogue,
adding “we believe we can be better than what we are
today. We believe the goal is to bring up ideas to build
greater nation,” he said.

Source: www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/24733-why-apc-is-scared-of-national-dialogue-pdp.html
Well said Mr Metuh.I am not seing those APC members as Nigerians in the first place so they are not needed.
Re: Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 25, 2013
Bcomputer n politics!!!
Re: Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP by Ismahill(m): 6:57am On Oct 25, 2013
Make PDP leave APC, make dm go face the problem wey dy rock their party.
Re: Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 25, 2013
It is only the politically naïve that won't see the fact that what GEJ has proposed has no force of law or legalistic backbone! We operate a democracy where not even the president is the overlord! What Tinubu n others like him have been advocating is SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE which can only be facilitated by govt not TELEGUIDED by PDP and whose recommendation will be binding on everybody and not just National Conference or National Dialogue in which even the president has said the outcome will later be passed to the NA for ratification,by then the NA can decide to act as a spoiler by watering down most of the recommendations or pick the ones that suits their own interest thereby making the whole exercise a charade from the word go...I don't expect too many people to know the difference or spot the landmine inherent in what GEJ has proposed but an open-mind and willingness to do a little more learning will tell any smart person that GEJ National Gossip talk is diversionary and won't fly!

1 Like

Re: Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP by Weixzy(m): 7:04am On Oct 25, 2013
...Coming back
Re: Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP by Weixzy(m): 7:07am On Oct 25, 2013
Pdp is all about deceit shikena

1 Like

Re: Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP by wbankz(m): 7:20am On Oct 25, 2013
why shud the whole nation waste thier time n energy discussing issues dat pertains to the growth n sustainability of the country n the whole report is bin thrown to the feet of corrupt n clueless politicians in the national assembly with PDP having the majority who is fooling who??

1 Like

Re: Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP by Donmams(m): 7:35am On Oct 25, 2013
njokusboy: The truth is dat the APC is just as clueless as the PDP.. The PDP can at least claim to have executed some project ofcourse this is seriously exaggerated but the APC don't even have a clue as to what to do if ever power is handed over to them... For the sake of equity, why can't they join the national dialogue if they mean well for dis country... The only strategy they think would get them into Aso rock is criticising every action of the federal government to the relish of gullible Nigerians, they are yet to tell us about any constructive and intelligent alternative...
After spending 15 years in power the PDP has no right to claim that the opposition has nothing to offer. If the opposition have nothing to offer, the PDP has offered nothing to Nigerians. Nigeria has 'won' the gold medal in corruption several times during the 15 year reign of the PDP. We never got this distinction even during the reign of Abacha. I blame you not for making S.T.U.P.I.D comments above. You have to justify your pay to Reno Omokri else the paychecks stop coming.

3 Likes

Re: Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 25, 2013
Donmams:
After spending 15 years in power the PDP has no right to claim that the opposition has nothing to offer. If the opposition have nothing to offer, the PDP has offered nothing to Nigerians. Nigeria has 'won' the gold medal in corruption several times during the 15 year reign of the PDP. We never got this distinction even during the reign of Abacha. I blame you not for making S.T.U.P.I.D comments above. You have to justify your pay to Reno Omokri else the paychecks stop coming.

Oga can't you be civil in ur arguments Why do you want to kill urself over a simple analogy Didn't u see the part where I said the PDP are also clueless.. Who are the people spearheading the MESSIAH dat APC is?? Is it not Tinubu, Buhari, Lai muhammed and the likes
Learn to criticise without insulting people, am sure ur mama taught you dat... Mine did..

3 Likes

Re: Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP by bcomputer101: 8:33am On Oct 25, 2013
Harbosede02: Bcomputer n politics!!!

Harbosede02 and ROMANCE!!!
Re: Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP by bcomputer101: 8:38am On Oct 25, 2013
ochilikoko: Well said Mr Metuh.I am not seing those APC members as Nigerians in the first place so they are not needed.

Bros, if you quote the whole article next time,

I WILL GIVE YOU A LIFE BAN!

Ode...
Re: Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP by kadas01(m): 9:43am On Oct 25, 2013
Its high time national interest supersede any form of individual or selfish interest!......They (APC) should come to the conference and table their grievance(s)!......That's if they have any!!
Re: Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP by Longeria(m): 9:52am On Oct 25, 2013
Ismahill: Make PDP leave APC, make dm go face the problem wey dy rock their party.
Which problem?
Re: Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP by duality(m): 9:56am On Oct 25, 2013
My Opinion.

The attraction politicians have is all about what they will loot/ get from governance, irrespective of what Political party they profess to be in.

APC have a feeling that they will be at the centre in 2015. Forget the "we want to rescue Nigeria" chorus. what oils the engine of politics is misappropriation of funds and outright corruption. Only fools think there is no corruption in APC.

the Confab has an objective of changing the status quo, which will make politics at the centre less attractive. If this is done, APC as a political engine will not have so much zeal. This is a fact that is known to APC. The success of the confab will reduce the quest for power at the centre and APC being interested at the centre, riding on the sentiments of so many disgruntled Nigerians feels threatened.

This is my Opinion.
Re: Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP by Longeria(m): 10:11am On Oct 25, 2013
duality: My Opinion.

The attraction politicians have is all about what they will loot/ get from governance, irrespective of what Political party they profess to be in.

APC have a feeling that they will be at the centre in 2015. Forget the "we want to rescue Nigeria" chorus. what oils the engine of politics is misappropriation of funds and outright corruption. Only fools think there is no corruption in APC.

the Confab has an objective of changing the status quo, which will make politics at the centre less attractive. If this is done, APC as a political engine will not have so much zeal. This is a fact that is known to APC. The success of the confab will reduce the quest for power at the centre and APC being interested at the centre, riding on the sentiments of so many disgruntled Nigerians feels threatened.

This is my Opinion.
May God bless you with TRIPLETS.
Re: Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP by 1MCN: 10:17am On Oct 25, 2013
APC is not saying that the Dialogue is unnecessary. They're saying it's DIVERSIONARY. The only focus of our political parties in Nigeria is the coveted Aso Villa. The Dialogue, as all important as it is, does not merit the attention of our politicians, especially at this time because it'll multiply severally their attention and expenses.

Although choosing the time for this dialogue as now by the President is a self-serving move, in my reckoning, as I feel that it'll reveal so many secrets that will demonize those who have held sway in the past and it'll also settle most of the (legitimate) agitations of those who have been held down over the past 10 decades of our nationhood-which is what the gentleman from Otueke seems to want to achieve.

If the PDP was an opposition, it'll as well kick against the timing of the Dialogue--for the same fears which the APC entertains, namely; distraction (or DIVERSION of attention or focus in their words). But we should talk. We must talk. Good or bad timing. Let's talk.

What all Nigerians should insist on is that the outcome should not be subject to NA ratification but to National Referendum. Although if the President comes up with this position on his own, the NA will not allow the Dialogue to hold as it does not have a place in our Law Books and will usurp the constitutional powers of the NA. If the president doesn't get the buy-in of the NA here the Dialogue will not get required legal backing and therefore it'll be a mere charade and its outcome null and void.

But there's a hope here in spite of this bleak picture. Sovereignty belongs to the people. So the Nigerian people should force the presidency and the NA to adopt the agreement as a working document thru a National Referendum rather than thru NA ratification. If the call becomes so loud and unstoppable, the NA will bulge and the people will win

Nigerians Go!
Re: Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP by duality(m): 10:25am On Oct 25, 2013
Longeria: May God bless you with TRIPLETS.

Amen. smiley

How do you know I love triplets?
Re: Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP by takedat(m): 10:28am On Oct 25, 2013
Agreed that the leadership of APC are corrupt and self-serving individuals, but shouldn't Nigerians be curious about the sudden volte-face by the tandem of thieves in the PDP? Is it that the David Mark and co are now 'born again' or is there an ulterior motive behind their new found love for a national dialogue?

According to the APC, the reason given for their rejection of the proposed dialogue is this, and I quote:

"In any event, we see this thing as nothing but a diversion and what are we talking about a national conference for when even the President himself has said that the outcome of that conference would be subjected to the approval of the National Assembly?"

Is this what the agitators of a Sovereign National Conference been clamoring for? A National Conference whose outcome in the final analysis would be ratified or rejected by the NA?
We should dissipate our energies on forcing our demand for a 'True SNC', than giving a dog(APC) a bad name in order to hang it. Why are Nigerians easily carried away?
Re: Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP by slimghost(m): 10:58am On Oct 25, 2013
take dat: Agreed that the leadership of APC are corrupt and self-serving individuals, but shouldn't Nigerians be curious about the sudden volte-face by the tandem of thieves in the PDP? Is it that the David Mark and co are now 'born again' or is there an ulterior motive behind their new found love for a national dialogue?

According to the APC, the reason given for their rejection of the proposed dialogue is this, and I quote:

"In any event, we see this thing as nothing but a diversion and what are we talking about a national conference for when even the President himself has said that the outcome of that conference would be subjected to the approval of the National Assembly?"

Is this what the agitators of a Sovereign National Conference been clamoring for? A National Conference whose outcome in the final analysis would be ratified or rejected by the NA?
We should dissipate our energies on forcing our demand for a 'True SNC', than giving a dog a bad name in order to hang it. Why are Nigerians easily carried away?

How i just wish the outcome of the Dialogue wont be sent to the National Assembly. Those clueless fools will render that exercise futile.
Re: Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP by banki(m): 1:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
I am not a meember. Of pdp. Or apc,what. I. Knw is that people. Have been clamouring for. A. Soverign national conference sinnce 1999. Obj ignored the call. Until 2006. When he. Wanted. A 3rd term he. Called for it, oga jonathan wants a second term so. He. Calls for it too
I want it. But as. Long as politicians like himself. Don't. Hijack it
Re: Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
The problem with the said progressives or the oppositions in our clime is that they think it good to condemn every thought and did of the ruling govt,the national dialogue as proposed by the presidency is a right step in a right direction as it will address some pertinent issues that have been bothering this union, nigeria. I must also state that taking the outcome of the conference to the NAS will not make it subjected to a debate of the 'nays and I's' have it but it will just be a finishing touch to the outcome of the conference as the law makers will have no power to change any of the decision reached by the conference since they r just mere servants who must abide by what the populace have endorsed unless they are dictators they can do otherwise.

(1) (Reply)

Fashola Visits Apapa Again, Calls On Fg To Live Up To Its Responsibility / OSUN 2014 Polls: Post The Result Of Your Polling Unit Here For Collation. / How APC Won Osun State Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.