Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,029 members, 7,939,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 07:22 PM

FIRSTBANK New Unprofessional Law For Customers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FIRSTBANK New Unprofessional Law For Customers (745 Views)

Firstbank Achieves 100m Monthly Transactions / Six Sigma For Customers’ Satisfaction And Employees’ Morale / Get The Firstbank Share Application Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIRSTBANK New Unprofessional Law For Customers by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 25, 2013
I will like to use this medium to raise an alarm over the unprofessional law newly created by First Bank of Nigeria PLC. I believe this crude idea should be stopped before it spread across all their branches. I went to one of their branches at ACME Road Ogba, Ikeja Lagos to deposit some amount of money. I took permission from my boss to quickly go to deposit some money due to its urgency but to my amazement, the security man at the bank told me I couldn't be allowed in because I was wearing a safety boots. I insisted that this was not the first time I had been coming to make deposits in the bank but he said that was the new law, that I should pull off my shoes and wear a bathroom slippers provided by the bank. At first, I felt bad and wish there was another bank that the payment could be made but after consideration of the urgency of the payment, I had to do what he said by pulling off my safety boots and socks and wearing a bathroom slippers into the bank. Seriously, I felt so embarrassed. I know the banks are security-conscious but is this the best way to treat their esteemed customers?
Re: FIRSTBANK New Unprofessional Law For Customers by naijacutee(f): 3:02pm On Oct 25, 2013
What about removing your shoes did you find embarrassing?
Re: FIRSTBANK New Unprofessional Law For Customers by stagger: 5:22pm On Oct 25, 2013
It is not new. Your safety boots are big enough to house an explosive device. Many banks have had this measure in place. Not new.
Re: FIRSTBANK New Unprofessional Law For Customers by kevoh(m): 6:32pm On Oct 25, 2013
Amdiwon: I will like to use this medium to raise an alarm angry over the unprofessional law newly created by First Bank of Nigeria PLC. I believe this crude idea should be stopped before it spread across all their branches. I went to one of their branches at ACME Road Ogba, Ikeja Lagos to deposit some amount of money. I took permission from my boss to quickly go to deposit some money due to its urgency but to my amazement, the security man at the bank told me I couldn't be allowed in because I was wearing a safety boots. I insisted that this was not the first time I had been coming to make deposits in the bank but he said that was the new law, that I should pull off my shoes and wear a bathroom slippers provided by the bank. At first, I felt bad and wish there was another bank that the payment could be made but after consideration of the urgency of the payment, I had to do what he said by pulling off my safety boots and socks and wearing a bathroom slippers into the bank. Seriously, I felt so embarrassed. I know the banks are security-conscious[b] but is this the best way to treat their esteemed customers?[/b]

You were offered an alternative to boots! What else do you want "golden shoes'' ? angry . Since you know the banks are just being security conscious while are you then complaining on Niaraland...

(1) (Reply)

Seun,Naijacutee, FOD, We Need A Complaint Thread On Business Section. (DONE) / Have You Ever Asked Yourself; What If? / Verification Of An Online Package.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.