Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,414 members, 7,978,306 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 05:11 AM

2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process - Education (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process (253027 Views)

2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process / IGNORE All 2024 WAEC, NECO, UTME Score Upgrade And Admission Assistance Threads / 2015/2016 Yabatech Admission,post Utme And Screening Processes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (117) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Lisalil(f): 2:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
Hi guys pls sum1 jst told me dat in next yr jamb u ave 2 fill 1 university,pls is it true?
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by lalyiva(f): 2:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
a4.hafoe:
Drama: African:
1. Femi Osofisan: Women of Owu
Non African:
1. William Shakespeare: The Tempest
Prose: African:
i. Asare Konadu: A woman in Her Prime
ii. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: Purple Hibiscus
Non African:
i. Ernest Hemingway: The Old Man and The Sea
Poetry: African:
i. Gbemisola Adeoti; Hard lines
ii. P.O.C. Umeh: Ambassadors of Poverty
iii. Shola Owonibi: Homeless not Hopeless
iv. Syl Cheney-Coker: Myopia
v. Jared Angira: Expelled
vi. Traditional: Serenade.
Non African:
i. John Donne: The Sun Rising
ii. Sir Walter Raleigh: The Soul’s Errand
iii. Langston Hughes: Negro Speaks of Rivers
iv. John Fletcher: Upon an Honest Man’s Fortune.....pls the poems content as i said earlier i need em help pls...

I can't thank you enough for this information
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Donfamous(m): 2:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
And pls which type will you advice me to go for is it computer or pencil and paper based test. Cos i'm afraid make computer no go die or hang wen my exam still dey go o
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by lalyiva(f): 2:16pm On Dec 28, 2013
a4.hafoe:
caN anyone do me a favour... am nk where near were i can get dis jamb literature books....especially d poems can any generous soul email me d content of this poems or give me any website i can gt d poems fr..pls...the poems:
Poetry: African:
i. Gbemisola Adeoti; Hard lines
ii. P.O.C. Umeh: Ambassadors of Poverty
iii. Shola Owonibi: Homeless not Hopeless
iv. Syl Cheney-Coker: Myopia
v. Jared Angira: Expelled
vi. Traditional: Serenade.
Non African:
i. John Donne: The Sun Rising
ii. Sir Walter Raleigh: The Soul’s Errand
iii. Langston Hughes: Negro Speaks of Rivers
iv. John Fletcher: Upon an Honest Man’s Fortune.
....i don search net taya fr dem...if u cn hlp send me d content to my mail halflabexy@gmail.com...thanks

the poems can be gotten from Google,I remember browsing them out.
but the books,you mite have to buy them,cos whats available on net is mostly textual analysis, I don't know if there's a PDF file of the books
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
Lisa.lil:
Hi guys pls sum1 jst told me dat in next yr jamb u ave 2 fill 1 university,pls is it true?
yap
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Keyana(f): 3:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
fineyemi: What abt Direct entry form. Is it out too
Its uually out around March.
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Keyana(f): 3:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
Hi all, I'ld be taking this years UTME. I'v registered already and would like to know if we'ld be allowed to use calculator or are we gon be given one at the centre. I await your reply. Thanks in adv. (y)
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by lalyiva(f): 3:36pm On Dec 28, 2013
Keyana: Hi all, I'ld be taking this years UTME. I'v registered already and would like to know if we'ld be allowed to use calculator or are we gon be given one at the centre. I await your reply. Thanks in adv. (y)

last year,we were given calculators in our various centres on the day of. the exam
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by emekakelvin(m): 4:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
mr calcufast: @ Oga emekakelvin..pls help me check d number of candidates that have registered for metallurgical and materials engineering in d prestigious oau..stay blessed.. Happy weekend
7 applicant as at this post.
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by emekakelvin(m): 4:05pm On Dec 28, 2013
Abuklaw: My kudos to Emakelvin and promisechild for anchoring this thread. It has been while since i became a spectator here but i got the motivation to write today because of relation.
Thank you Economist, I appreciate those word you typed above.
The sudject combination for marketing is, Maths, govt and econs
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by emekakelvin(m): 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
swagsguy: Pls is the subject combination okay, eng,govt,econs,lit. Political science
Please remove Literature and put Mathematcs
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by cleverj01(m): 4:22pm On Dec 28, 2013
Eng, econs, comm, gov! Would b d best combo 4 political science cus i made use of same nd by d grace of God i gained admision in2 d first nd best university in Nigeria! (UI) 4 POLITICAL SCIENCE! Dis year
emekakelvin: Please remove Literature and put Mathematcs
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Keyana(f): 4:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
lalyiva:

last year,we were given calculators in our various centres on the day of. the exam
thanks, hope its the same for this year.
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by ayox1(m): 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2013
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by emekakelvin(m): 5:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
cleverj01: Eng, econs, comm, gov! Would b d best combo 4 political science cus i made use of same nd by d grace of God i gained admision in2 d first nd best university in Nigeria! (UI) 4 POLITICAL SCIENCE! Dis year
Well, Commerce can be use in lieu of Mathematics, but not in all school.
In a more general view, Govt,maths and econs is the most acceptable sudject combination. Putting commerce as one of the sudj combination for Pol Sci might be dangerous,so with all sincerity, I think the sudject combination in the bolded part is best.

1 Like

Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Aghagba(f): 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2013
Am i gud to go with dis subject combination 4 business administration in delsu or uniben-maths ,english,comm,govt
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by promisechild(m): 5:43pm On Dec 28, 2013
Aghagba: Am i gud to go with dis subject combination 4 business administration in delsu or uniben-maths ,english,comm,govt
no u are not good to go economics is compulsory

#shalom
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by promisechild(m): 5:50pm On Dec 28, 2013
swagsguy: Pls is the subject combination okay, eng,govt,econs,lit. Political science
yes the subject combination is good to go in some schools for instance OAU requires maths as utme subject while AAUA would disqualify a candidate if he writes maths in jamb so it all depends on ur school criteria but 90% institutions in Nigeria doesn't make maths a compulsory subject to be taken in utme for pol sci.

#shalom
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by promisechild(m): 6:03pm On Dec 28, 2013
cleverj01: Eng, econs, comm, gov! Would b d best combo 4 political science cus i made use of same nd by d grace of God i gained admision in2 d first nd best university in Nigeria! (UI) 4 POLITICAL SCIENCE! Dis year
if you write commerce in jamb and u choose OAU and scored 380 in jamb and 390 in postume there wouldn't be admission for such person because of the commerce he wrote.

Let me narrate the ordeal of my friend to you

It was in the year 2009 my friend wrote jamb and applied to OAU to study a course called PPE BSC in philsophy,political and economics he scored 264 in jamb and 302 in the postume while the aggregate cut off for the course was 214 still he wasn't offered admission and he went to the school to know why he wasn't offered admission and he was told that the commerce he wrote in jamb is not acceptable in OAU.the funniest thing is OAU knows they don't accept commerce as utme subject still they would still set the question for you in the postume if choose it in jamb already,

So my point is that I can't advise my enemy to write commerce in jamb even if the school accepts it, bet me government is easy to know why then running away from it.

#shalom

1 Like

Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by promisechild(m): 6:14pm On Dec 28, 2013
Lisa.lil:
completely true mar!

#shalom
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by olalerey(m): 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2013
FrancisTony: are you writing jamb again undecided
Nop , am askin on my sis's behalf
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by markemordi(m): 7:33pm On Dec 28, 2013
Help!!!!! Should i still register for geology or change course because uniben doesnt accept geography in utme and jamb made geography complusory for geology aspirant in the utme
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by promisechild(m): 8:07pm On Dec 28, 2013
markemordi: Help!!!!! Should i still register for geology or change course because uniben doesnt accept geography in utme and jamb made geography complusory for geology aspirant in the utme
what u will follow is ur school requirement not jamb own that is why we have schools special waivers in the brochure

#shalom
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by markemordi(m): 8:26pm On Dec 28, 2013
promisechild: what u will follow is ur school requirement not jamb own that is why we have schools special waivers in the brochure

#shalom
i cant unclick d geography wen u are picking ur subject for d exam.d person helping with d registration in d cafe said dat geography waznt selected for geology candidate in d previous years dat this started in dis year jamb where jamb select subject combination for its applicants in some specialized courses
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Barbieadol: 9:26pm On Dec 28, 2013
aysuccess99:
good afternoon sir, i don't think any centre is available yet, but hopefully by january or february, JAMB would have allocate centres that would conduct the exam successful..btwn, are you doing cbt or ppt? and which course and institution are you opting for?
#stay blessed and happy new year in advance#
am doing ppt and i wanna study civil engineering in funaab
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by a4hafoe(m): 10:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
lalyiva:

I can't thank you enough for this information
..na God bro if u can help me wit d content of some of d poems mail me halflabexy@gmail.com... thanks
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by cleverj01(m): 10:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
I undstnd ur point of view! Tnk Goodness UI didnt make math compulsory nd commerce is graciously acepted! It would av been a diferent case by nw!#STORIEs dat touches d heart!
promisechild: if you write commerce in jamb and u choose OAU and scored 380 in jamb and 390 in postume there wouldn't be admission for such person because of the commerce he wrote.

Let me narrate the ordeal of my friend to you

It was in the year 2009 my friend wrote jamb and applied to OAU to study a course called PPE BSC in philsophy,political and economics he scored 264 in jamb and 302 in the postume while the aggregate cut off for the course was 214 still he wasn't offered admission and he went to the school to know why he wasn't offered admission and he was told that the commerce he wrote in jamb is not acceptable in OAU.the funniest thing is OAU knows they don't accept commerce as utme subject still they would still set the question for you in the postume if choose it in jamb already,

So my point is that I can't advise my enemy to write commerce in jamb even if the school accepts it, bet me government is easy to know why then running away from it.

#shalom
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by promisechild(m): 10:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
markemordi:
i cant unclick d geography wen u are picking ur subject for d exam.d person helping with d registration in d cafe said dat geography waznt selected for geology candidate in d previous years dat this started in dis year jamb where jamb select subject combination for its applicants in some specialized courses
I don't believe this to be true why don't u try other cyber cafe moreover if the subject to be offered in utme is programmed down already u wouldn't be penalized by uniben since no be u choose the subject by urself but programmed by jamb already abi uniben get their own separate jamb form ni ? My bro don't stress urself all is well

#shalom
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by mrcalcufast: 11:14pm On Dec 28, 2013
emekakelvin: 7 applicant as at this post.
thanks a lot..may God reward u abundantly.. Stay blessed sir
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by mrcalcufast: 11:22pm On Dec 28, 2013
Pls my ogas which books should I read for use of english apart from d porter's wheel and d successor..stay blessed
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by mrcalcufast: 11:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
Abeg shey oau aspirant no dey dis thread ni..abi shey na d acid test dey make una catch cold ni?..stay blessed

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (117) (Reply)

Unilag pg 2014 Discussion / National Common Entrance Examination Result 2021/2022 Is Out | See How To Check / 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.