Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,386 members, 7,971,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 09:27 AM

Will You Trust Her Enough? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Trust Her Enough? (1827 Views)

You Have To Trust Her Before She Can Do This / I Still Love Her But I Dnt Trust Her Anymore / Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Trust Her Enough? by RedHotChic(f): 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2008
[b]Ladies: [/b]Can Your sister in law be your confidant especially on your relationship with her brother?
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by sistawoman: 5:23pm On Jul 08, 2008
Hell to the no no no no no. You only tell her stuff you want to get back to your husband. You have to play that card very fucking close. Remember blood is thicker than water, she is gonna run and tell it no matter what she says.
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by tope2000(f): 5:24pm On Jul 08, 2008
Hell Nah
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by iice(f): 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2008
I have no idea undecided Depends on how well we get along, how much tight of a bond we create
It's the reverse in my case, my bro's gf (my sister-in-law to be), we tell each other almost everything
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by tope2000(f): 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2008
iice:

I have no idea undecided Depends on how well we get along, how much tight of a bond we create
It's the reverse in my case, my bro's girlfriend (my sister-in-law to be), we tell each other almost everything

That is nice but i still cannot do it
dont think i can trust her that much
cuz blood is thicker than water at the end of the day
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by RedHotChic(f): 5:32pm On Jul 08, 2008
I have no idea Undecided Depends on how well we get along, how much tight of a bond we create
It's the reverse in my case, my bro's girlfriend (my sister-in-law to be), we tell each other almost everything
How are you sure she's telling you everything? She may also cease to tell the day your brother will say I do.
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by iice(f): 5:35pm On Jul 08, 2008
tope2000:

That is nice but i still cannot do it
don't think i can trust her that much
because blood is thicker than water at the end of the day

Yeah i know, i don't know if i can form the bond i have with her with anyone.
I think it's because of the love i have for my bro and how happy i see he is with her (you'll have to see them to understand the bond they have) - that i understood the person she is, so it was easy for me to bond to her.
I don't operate by the blood is thicker than water thing undecided Besides, there's nothing that my brothers will hear about me that would shock them wink We are all pretty close

RedHotChic:

How are you sure she's telling you everything? She may also cease to tell the day your brother will say I do.
I know wink. I know who she is - unlike me, she's almost an open book. I don't operate the way some people do - wandering about blind and clueless
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by Nautillus(m): 5:39pm On Jul 08, 2008
I think its relative. . . .Under the right conditions sha . . .
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by Gamine(f): 5:40pm On Jul 08, 2008
My Brothers Girlfriend lipsrsealed

i dont think she wants our opinion sha
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by RedHotChic(f): 5:43pm On Jul 08, 2008
I know Wink. I know who she is - unlike me, she's almost an open book. I don't operate the way some people do - wandering about blind and clueless
The relationship is always one sided anyway. She'll have a lot to lose if you decide to flip the coin on her one day.
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by RedHotChic(f): 5:43pm On Jul 08, 2008
My Brothers Girlfriend Lips sealed

i don't think she wants our opinion sha
Before Nko? Will you like your sister inlaw into your business like that?
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by ima1(f): 5:44pm On Jul 08, 2008
not if you want to dig your grave and jump into it. i don't even trust myself not to talk of trusting someone else, i only trust God. i trust my hubby to a certain level. i try to get along with my sister in laws, got 4 of them but i try to keep them at arms length.
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by iice(f): 5:47pm On Jul 08, 2008
RedHotChic:

The relationship is always one sided anyway. She'll have a lot to lose if you decide to flip the coin on her one day.

Sorry dear but i am not the type to flip any coin. Even those who don't know me that well know atleast that about me wink She has nothing to loose and neither do i. We know where we stand, and we have anticipated the worse wink
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by RedHotChic(f): 5:48pm On Jul 08, 2008
i try to get along with my sister in laws, got 4 of them but i try to keep them at arms length.

Roflmao
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by Gamine(f): 5:57pm On Jul 08, 2008
Seriously i cnt evn be bothered abt her right now

if my bro thinks shes ok, its left to him and MY MUM!!! grin
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by RedHotChic(f): 6:01pm On Jul 08, 2008
Sorry dear but i am not the type to flip any coin. Even those who don't know me that well know atleast that about me Wink She has nothing to loose and neither do i. We know where we stand, and we have anticipated the worse
Am not saying that but what about you? will you extend that kind of trust on your own sister in law?
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by RedHotChic(f): 6:01pm On Jul 08, 2008
if my bro thinks shes ok, its left to him and MY MUM!!!
Eeeeeeyaaaaaa, mama's boy?
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by iice(f): 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2008
RedHotChic:

Am not saying that but what about you? will you extend that kind of trust on your own sister in law?

iice:

Sorry dear but i am not the type to flip any coin. Even those who don't know me that well know atleast that about me wink

read again smiley
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by Gamine(f): 6:04pm On Jul 08, 2008
No

but my mum has a strong opinion
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by Sisikill: 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2008
My sisters-in-law are very close to my sisters and I. I tell you, If we (my siblings and I) didn’t all look alike…I mean seriously, eerily alike, people would think my parents had all girls and the guys are the in laws. IMO if everybody knows and understands there are boundaries that shouldn’t be crossed; I see no reason why there should be a problem.

That aside, I don’t understand why some sisters feel the need to compete with their brothers’ wives. Jeebus! They are too busy minding how the wife served them water in a slightly dirty cup on a silver tray even though she knows they like the gold tray, they don’t realize their husband is sleeping with the young nubile thang down the street until he after he’s run off with her. Then they turn around and blame the wife…Oh she brought her [i]ogun idi le [/i]to their family, before she came divorce was not even in their dictionary, her family on the other hand, had divorce 10 generations ago and then they. . .

Wait…what was the question again? Oh right my answer is. . . Yes absolutely.
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by RedHotChic(f): 6:15pm On Jul 08, 2008
That aside, I don’t understand why some sisters feel the need to compete with their brothers’ wives. Jeebus! They are too busy minding how the wife served them water in a slightly dirty cup on a silver tray even though she knows they like the gold tray, they don’t realize their husband is sleeping with the young nubile thang down the street until he after he’s run off with her. Then they turn around and blame the wife…Oh she brought her ogun idi le to their family, before she came divorce was not even in their dictionary, her family on the other hand, had divorce 10 generations ago and th
en they. . .

I think it's because we women have this inbuilt jealousy thing that is causing disunity among us. Women can form forceful air tight groups but it wouldn't last because of the stupid jealousy factor over trivial things including fashion. Some women make it a habit to check out their brothers wife and how she spends her money on herself, what for?
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by TOH(f): 6:17pm On Jul 08, 2008
No.
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by Sisikill: 6:20pm On Jul 08, 2008
iice:

Yeah i know, i don't know if i can form the bond i have with her with anyone.
I think it's because of the love i have for my bro and how happy i see he is with her (you'll have to see them to understand the bond they have) - that i understood the person she is, so it was easy for me to bond to her.

I don't operate by the blood is thicker than water thing undecided Besides, there's nothing that my brothers will hear about me that would shock them wink We are all pretty close

I know wink. I know who she is - unlike me, she's almost an open book. I don't operate the way some people do - wandering about blind and clueless

Couldn't have said it better!

My mom is always telling us that the wife can sit on her head and she won't have a problem as long as she makes her son happy and that is what we should focus on. . .his happiness. What some don't get is people respond to love with love (except they have mental issues and that's a whole other story) and hate with hate. Some sisters get all territorial about their brothers, you wonder if they think they are in the wild west fighting a turf war.

Please, It is not that serious.
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by RedHotChic(f): 6:25pm On Jul 08, 2008
Some sisters get all territorial about their brothers, you wonder if they think they are in the wild west fighting a turf war.
people are bound to protect their own too. I won't be sitting quiet if my brother is dating a snake that masked herself as a lady. Men do not have that sixth sense to discover a trap but we women do as long as the jealousy factor is taken out.
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by iice(f): 6:31pm On Jul 08, 2008
Sisikill:

Couldn't have said it better!

My mom is always telling us that the wife can sit on her head and she won't have a problem as long as she makes her son happy and that is what we should focus onhis happiness. What  some don't get is people respond to love with love (except they have mental issues and that's a whole other story) and hate with hate. Some sisters get all territorial about their brothers, you wonder if they think they are in the wild west fighting a turf war.

Please, It is not that serious.

I remember on of my brother's friend BTW he's brain is not catching up with his age tell me thatwith the bond i have with my brothers, if this particular brother of mine had a gf, i would be jealous and territorial - homeboy please rolling eyes - i told him rofl then you obviously don't get the love thing of siblings.  Am even closer to his younger bro than he is.
As to focusing on his happiness, i couldnt agree more.  
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by sistajay(f): 6:37pm On Jul 08, 2008
No, can't trust her, she will blab to her brother.
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by RedHotChic(f): 6:38pm On Jul 08, 2008
No, can't trust her, she will blab to her brother.
Not in every case!!!!
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by Sisikill: 6:49pm On Jul 08, 2008

What does it matter if she isn't telling me everything? It's not like we are doing trade by batter with the information. I don't need to sit down to count the words to know I've told my sisters in law more than they have me. . . why? I am a talker.

My 3rd oldest brother's wife hardly talks but she listener, does it mean she's delibaretely hiding something from me or she is mentally taping everything I say, to be filed and used later as a weapon? No. She's is not a talker, besides, what are am I hiding? I mean if I have a secret that could potentially harm me if it gets out, then I deserve everything I get for telling someone else.

I think the whole "oh don't trust your sister in law" is a product of the US vs. THEM mentality but the thing is. . . there is no THEM, she is married to your brother, that makes her US.
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by sistawoman: 6:55pm On Jul 08, 2008
my problem has always been that my brothers girlfriends have tried to come in between my bother and my relationship. They try as hard as they may but nothing will come between us and no matter what i will always have a place in my brothers heart. So that being said i dont tell them bitches shit and i dont take shit from them, i just watch them roll out one by one. Peace bitches!!!!
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by Sisikill: 7:01pm On Jul 08, 2008
TOH:

No.

LMAO! A woman of few words. Just NO and that's that.

RedHotChic:

people are bound to protect their own too. [b]I won't be sitting quiet if my brother is dating a snake that masked herself as a lady. [/b]Men do not have that sixth sense to discover a trap but we women do as long as the jealousy factor is taken out.

Okay, this a different issue, of course no sister should sit back and watch their brother fall into the hands of Jezebel. However, we are talking about the first surge of jealousy(Still don't understand why) and pissing contests some women get into the moment their brother brings a girl home. They don't have any reason not to trust her but they've already started building walls. How do you think she'll react? Build her own walls of course and soon you have bricks colliding with bricks. I say let her give you a reason before you go Kung Fu Panda on her behind.
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by RedHotChic(f): 7:14pm On Jul 08, 2008
Okay, this a different issue, of course no sister should sit back and watch their brother fall into the hands of Jezebel. However, we are talking about the first surge of jealousy(Still don't understand why) Huh and pissing contests some women get into the moment their brother brings a girl home. They don't have any reason not to trust her but they've already started building walls. How do you think she'll react? Build her own walls of course and soon you have bricks colliding with bricks. I say let her give you a reason before you go Kung Fu Panda on her behind.
I think it's the jealously thing that is synonymous with women. Even the married sister in laws tend to build walls from the get go and wait for you to push down the walls either by force or cunningly. It's even worse when you are dating the only son, his mother, sisters ,female maternal cousins will be all over you like bee on honey. That's why most Naija chics these days don't fancy only sons whose mother is alive coupled with the usual gazillion sisters that will always wait for you with a spear.
Re: Will You Trust Her Enough? by iice(f): 7:19pm On Jul 08, 2008
RedHotChic:

I think it's the jealously thing that is synonymous with women. Even the married sister in laws tend to build walls from the get go and wait for you to push down the walls either by force or cunningly. It's even worse when you are dating the only son, his mother, sisters ,female maternal cousins will be all over you like bee on honey. That's why most Naija chics these days don't fancy only sons whose mother is alive coupled with the usual gazillion sisters that will always wait for you with a spear.
rofl.
I would say alot of people in general get jealous. some are just better in handling it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Naija Women Like This ?unfaithful Folks / Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.