Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,154 members, 7,896,908 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 02:18 AM

Will Africans In Diaspora Return If Africa Is Developed? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Africans In Diaspora Return If Africa Is Developed? (827 Views)

When Will Africans Liberate Their Minds? / When Will Africans Stop Begging The World For Help? / If Africa Has An Official Language, What Would It Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Africans In Diaspora Return If Africa Is Developed? by faboloustic(m): 2:42pm On Oct 26, 2013
At times I look at the African continent and wonder what is wrong with the black man? From Cairo to Johannesburg and from Dakar to Mogadishu the story is all the same.

Wars, famine, Corruption, dictatorship, Bribery, Ethnic cleansing, general backwardness etc. if the continent was as developed as Europe or Asia, I think our African brothers especially the African Americans who were taken as slaves will gladly return to any country of their choice and acquire the citizenship just as we are doing now and settle there. But since this is not the case, the choose to remain there.

What are your thoughts?
Re: Will Africans In Diaspora Return If Africa Is Developed? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 26, 2013
It is a no brainer for me. Give me electricity, security, and good roads with no dust.

1 Like

Re: Will Africans In Diaspora Return If Africa Is Developed? by faboloustic(m): 3:07pm On Oct 26, 2013
payless: It is a no brainer for me. Give me electricity, security, and good roads with no dust.
It might not be straight forward as you think after all even though Europe is developed there are a lot of people who don't want to go there. Russia for example.

There are other things. Don't dismiss with a wave of hand. I guess you know less of the developed world.

You need to think deep.
Re: Will Africans In Diaspora Return If Africa Is Developed? by faboloustic(m): 3:09pm On Oct 26, 2013
One thing I observed with Africans both at home and in the developed world is that there are not organized and don't keep to time. So whether developed or undeveloped, I think we have this common problem.
Re: Will Africans In Diaspora Return If Africa Is Developed? by redsun(m): 4:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
Africa cant develop unless the diasporians go back. The best of nigeria so far can be seen at moment kneeling before ancient jewish delusional god praying for help and salvation. Something a normal child will know better not to do.
Re: Will Africans In Diaspora Return If Africa Is Developed? by sultaan(m): 5:22pm On Oct 26, 2013
Nigeria can't keep going on with the monkey work baboons chop system.

If a Nigerian from any part of the world tries to invest $20k in a small business in Nigeria what percentage do you think will end up in govt pocket. It is not the $100m investment that will save the economy it is to 100's of that small $20k investment that builds economy.

Bill Gate and Steve Jobs didn't start with $250k but small money.

Dangote started in a wealth family/ connection and a $250k grant. Do you think he would have made it without those factors?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

PICTURES Of Embattled Minister Of Aviation Stella Oduah Spotted In Jerusalem / My Abductors Asked For N100m, I Offered N1bn – Billionaire GUO Motors Boss / Download New Video- "This Love Is Forever" - Blackface Ft G-heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.