Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,284 members, 7,950,487 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 03:08 PM

Silent Moments - The Story (episode 3) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Silent Moments - The Story (episode 3) (625 Views)

My Virgin Story Episode 3 / My Sex Service To My Principal And Students – NYSC Member (episode 3)...... / The Silent Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Silent Moments - The Story (episode 3) by infonubia(m): 9:53pm On Oct 26, 2013
As promised, here's episode 3 of "Silent Moments." If you haven't, read the first and second parts to catch up with the story. Enjoy this episode....

“You’re what?!” Chris asked as if he had missed everything Terry just explained.

“I missed my menstrual cycle. I think I’m pregnant.” Terry said again.

Chris stepped back, scratching his head vigorously. “You think or you know? This is definitely not the time to play the guessing game Terry. It’s either you are or you’re not.” Terry could tell that Chris was restless. He paced back and forth without looking at her.

“I know Chris. I know I’m pregnant. I took a test two days ago. I didn't know how to tell you. I-I thought you’d be happy,” Terry said.

“Baby, I am happy. I just wasn't expecting to be a daddy now. I don’t think I’m ready to father a child. This is my last year as a college student. I wanted to graduate and at least get a job so I can take care of you,” Chris replied while looking at her eyes.

Terry had trusted those eyes many times, believing every word they idealize through Chris’s lips. She felt disquieted. Her gut doubted Chris’s response. Does he really love her? Does he truly have a plan to take care of her? What about her high school diploma and her plan to be a nurse just like her mom when she was alive?

“Chris, you know that you’re my first – my first real boyfriend, my first date, and my first lover. I had saved my virginity. I wanted it to be a gift to whomever I marry, but you insisted that I prove to you that I love you. It was your idea Chris!” Terry started to grow horns. She was angry. How dare he make this seem like her fault! She told herself.

“Stay calm Terry,” Chris said.

“Don’t tell me to stay calm! You are evil, wicked, and selfish! You’re an ass Christopher,” Terry shouted vehemently.

------------------------

The blazing heat of the summer sun that was scorching her face did not help in easing the discussion. Terry suddenly noticed how peaceful the trees look, and the yellow sunflowers were missing some petals. Their color appeared pale, as if they were washed out. She was thankful they were several miles away from her neighborhood. The nearest town was a couple of miles away, and at the very least, no one would recognize her here.

This was the usual spot where she had met Christopher. They had been dating for five months. She remembered the first time they met at Charlie Café; she was sitting by herself reading her favorite novel by Charlotte Brontë, ‘Jane Eyre’. She had read the book several times, but it never seemed to get old. Chris briskly walked by her without saying a word. He ordered his drink and sat at the table right across her; they were facing each other.

“Aren't you Mr. Benson’s daughter, little Terry?” He’d asked her.

“Yes, without the little part.” That was it. For a silent moment, she was smitten.

She had heard about Christopher before that time; his sister had just graduated from Blackwood High School. Terry had been at their house a couple of times, but Chris was away in college. He was rarely around. The last time she saw him was when she finished Middle School. Chris had graduated high school and moved out of his pops place that same month. The rumor that was going around town was that he did not want to work at his dad’s store. He wanted to be a movie director. He was known as lean tower Christopher because he was skinny and tall.

Times had changed. She could still recall how charming he looked as he gazed at her. He cleared his throat and adjusted his seat when she looked up from her book. He was no longer lean and skinny; his strong, tall frame complimented his muscle tones that peeped out from his fitted shirt. He’s a man, Terry thought to herself, a good-looking man. She could barely concentrate on her book as they exchanged glances and sweet smiles.

Finally, he had the gut to ask her on a date. He took her to one of the best restaurants in town. How he could afford such an expensive treat, she did not know. However, she enjoyed every moment of attention he gave her.

Fast-forward five months later, she is having a heated argument with him. It’s hard to believe that this was the same 24-year old guy who sang love songs to her while they talked on the phone over the summer. Wait a minute! Was it all a summer fling? Had Chris been lying to her the whole time? Terry was short of words.

They had both enjoyed a romantic time together, stroking, kissing, and gently caressing each other. They had cuddled in the shade of the trees during their daytime picnics while they drifted off to sleep in each other’s arms. Twice she had sneaked out of her room at night to catch a ride with him to the next town. When her dad asked her where she was, she had lied that she slept over at Jenna, her elder sister’s house.

To be continued...

Click the links below to read the previous series

Silent Moments - The Story (Episode 1)

Silent Moments - The Story (Episode 2)

(1) (Reply)

My Story- Read, Learn, Criticize, Advice, Encourage And Help.. / Tea Chat With Bunmi Familoni (nantygreens.com) / Young Female Writers Form New Association

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.