Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,915 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:41 AM

How Do You Know When God Speaks To You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Know When God Speaks To You (14000 Views)

How True Is Christians Claim That God Speaks To Them? / God Speaks To Me. / God Speaks Through His Spirit (tell Yours) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by festusfeezy(m): 7:03am On Oct 27, 2013
We often assume God
‘speaking’ means hearing an audible voice
thundering down from heaven in a
boisterous, “Thus sayeth the Lord!” kind
of way. Though I do know a few people
who claim to have heard God audibly.
But like serious, some says God can speak to u thru ur body language., thru dreams, visions etc.

like seriuos do u believe God speaks, if yes, wat means? I need ur candid opinions pls.
Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:08am On Oct 27, 2013
If only you can realise your MIND is God.

9 Likes

Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by MaziOmenuko: 7:11am On Oct 27, 2013
God speaks to us all through different means. The question is: can you hear the voice of God? Take the voice of God like a radio station, broadcasting through the radio waves. You need to tune to its broadcasting frequency to receive the broadcast. Wazobia fm is currently broadcasting, yet you can't get tuned to wazobia fm if your radio is not tuned to their frequency.

Do you get the gist?

22 Likes

Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by italo: 7:22am On Oct 27, 2013
God speaks a lot to me through dreams and signs which would seem like coincidence but they aren't.

festusfeezy: We often assume God
‘speaking’ means hearing an audible voice
thundering down from heaven in a
boisterous, “Thus sayeth the Lord!” kind
of way. Though I do know a few people
who claim to have heard God audibly.
But like serious, some says God can speak to u thru ur body language., thru dreams, visions etc.

like seriuos do u believe God speaks, if yes, wat means? I need ur candid opinions pls.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 27, 2013
God dont speak with human physical this time. Moses is the Only One God has Spoken with. Just imagine the sound of heavy thurnder, no one can withstand it talk less of God voice. Na die

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by italo: 8:27am On Oct 27, 2013
You don come again. Arent you the guy that said Fornication and stealing cant lead one to hell because they arent sins against God?

Now who tells you that God doesn't speak in a voice that humans can withstand?

oluface: God dont speak with human physical this time. Moses is the Only One God has Spoken with. Just imagine the sound of heavy thurnder, no one can withstand it talk less of God voice. Na die

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 27, 2013
Many pple mistake d voice of the holy spirit 4 voice of God the father,thou d holy spirit is also God.ah can only remember God speaking thrice in d bible n as it's said he voice was lyk dat of thunder..it's d holy spirit dat speaks to us thru a still small voice not God d father.n he speaks to our spirits not our mind

11 Likes

Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 27, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: God speaks to us all through different means. The question is: can you hear the voice of God? Take the voice of God like a radio station, broadcasting through the radio waves. You need to tune to its broadcasting frequency to receive the broadcast. Wazobia fm is currently broadcasting, yet you can't get tuned to wazobia fm if your radio is not tuned to their frequency.

Do you get the gist?

Taken straight out from the mouth of your pastor.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by mumumugu(m): 9:08am On Oct 27, 2013
Phone call
Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by 4reigningqueen: 10:26am On Oct 27, 2013
peace,rest and joy!
Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by skyscraperTM(m): 10:29am On Oct 27, 2013
You know he is talking to you when you're living big.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by EiE1(f): 10:30am On Oct 27, 2013
Often times it doesn't really conform to what and how you want the issue to be. It looks rationale and the right way to go abt the issue at hand but as you be human being wey want sharp-sharp happening, e no go just be am!
But it's the best option - it's God speaking! grin
Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by Aromas: 10:33am On Oct 27, 2013
God speaks to me through my dreams n I take d steps in life with prayers n which as landed me a vigorous victory

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by esbjaygmailco(m): 10:33am On Oct 27, 2013
God can equally speak to u through His word (Bible).stay close to ur Bible, honestly u will be hearing from him every minute..God bless u all

11 Likes

Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by everyday: 10:37am On Oct 27, 2013
To all those rasta they receive spiritual messages when they light up their ganja

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by Missonas(f): 10:52am On Oct 27, 2013
esbjay@gmail.co:
God can equally speak to u through His word (Bible).stay close to ur Bible, honestly u will be hearing from him every minute..God bless u all

Exactly!I have had many instances when in doubt or fear.ijust pck up my bible open any page randomly and the next thing I see is scriptures encouraging me.and I just know that it is God!

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by Allohrandy(m): 10:54am On Oct 27, 2013
Which God are you referring to?
Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by bknight: 10:56am On Oct 27, 2013
Interesting topic.

I have been in gatherings where u hear someone say "I was dressing up, the holy spirit told me to wear this shirt or that trouser", "the holy spirit told me to go &wash up d dishes" etc. I start to wonder if ppl have truncated/suspended the functions of their God-given minds&brains to hearing from him to go have their baths?

People trivialize 'holy spirit speaks to me', 'God talks to me'. While these may be true I think that many christians are not rational, but want to sound 'spiritual'.

Many psychiatric cases are because 'holy spirit told me..." or "God told me...".

Don't get me wrong, I'm a christian who fervently believes in God, but I seek to find that point when/where we juxtapose our 'religious' spirituality with the 'reality' of the world we live in.

Use ur head to think through ur everyday life. When God speaks to you, it'll be distinct/unmistakable. I think its traits of an unstable mind to 'spiritualize' every cockroach in d kitchen to mean 'a message from d spirit'. Or maybe the message is to clean ur kitchen

cool undecided

12 Likes

Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by princengala26(m): 10:57am On Oct 27, 2013
God speaks to us everyday in so many way that we can't imagine. But b4 you can hear and know it you have to be in felllowship with His Spirit

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by imsparkling(f): 11:11am On Oct 27, 2013
Dis issue confuse me reach tomorrow!
Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by Ishilove: 11:17am On Oct 27, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: God speaks to us all through different means. The question is: can you hear the voice of God? Take the voice of God like a radio station, broadcasting through the radio waves. You need to tune to its broadcasting frequency to receive the broadcast. Wazobia fm is currently broadcasting, yet you can't get tuned to wazobia fm if your radio is not tuned to their frequency.

Do you get the gist?
Ehn! Mazi is on fire!! Lol. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 27, 2013
bknight: Interesting topic.

I have been in gatherings where u hear someone say "I was dressing up, the holy spirit told me to wear this shirt or that trouser", "the holy spirit told me to cook" etc. I start to wonder if ppl have suspended the functions of their God-given minds&brains?

People trivialize 'holy spirit speak to me', 'God talks to me'. While these may be true I think that many christians are not rational, instead truncate decisions to 'hear from holy spirit'.

Many psychiatric cases are because 'holy spirit told me..." or "God told me...".

Don't get me wrong, I'm a christian who fervently believes in God, but I seek to find that point where we juxtapose our 'religious' spirituality with the 'reality' of the world we live in.

undecided

I agree with u 100%

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by Gombs(m): 11:21am On Oct 27, 2013
When what u heard is in line with the scriptures....if it is not? Then it is not from him

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by festusfeezy(m): 11:22am On Oct 27, 2013

Do you get the gist?

yeah, I tink I gat u, meaning ur mind have to be focused or tuned to him, but my question is how do I tell dis is d voice of God

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by adexsimply(m): 11:24am On Oct 27, 2013
Anytime I put him on loudspeaker
Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by Petraman(m): 11:24am On Oct 27, 2013
The best way God can speak to one is through reading and meditating on His word - 'BIBLE'. Whenever u carry ur bible to study from it, ask God to give u understanding of His word, so dat u can hear Him speak through some verses of d Bible. It can even be just a single verse from a chapter. So, if u don't have d understanding, u might not get d message.
Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by Caracta(f): 11:28am On Oct 27, 2013
adexsimply: Anytime I put him on loudspeaker

sad

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by festusfeezy(m): 11:31am On Oct 27, 2013
Aromas: God speaks to me through my dreams n I take d steps in life with prayers n which as landed me a vigorous victory
but dreams re mere reflection of real life happenings, or u mean u c God ib day dream speaking to u ?
Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by Iceman296: 11:32am On Oct 27, 2013
..God Only Speaks to Thee who is Willing Listen, He Speaks to Constantly to us But We are Often Carried Away By the Cares of the World.

This Inturn Makes It Difficult To Listen to Him when He Speaks. So Long We are Always Connected to Him, We Can Always Listen to Him Whenever He Speaks!
Re: How Do You Know When God Speaks To You by adexsimply(m): 11:33am On Oct 27, 2013
Caracta:

sad
embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

There Will Be Disaster If Nigeria Is Not Restructured- Bishop Tunde Adeleye / Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God / "A Man After God's Own Heart" - What Does It Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.