Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,175 members, 7,880,662 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:25 AM

Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep (29574 Views)

FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months - Punch / FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / The Nigeria Police Force And Gratuity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 28, 2013
nerodenero: His colleagues really got me angry.They should have left the mumu alone to ride his SUV and live on his N500k.I dont know that despite all the hardship in the country,we still have 'mega mumu' like this among us.Nigerians are known to be sharp.

The thing dey chook me sef for body, but then I thought, 'what if it was my close, good friend?'.
Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by richs(m): 8:00pm On Oct 28, 2013
dridowu:
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/ex-phcn-worker-spends-n5-5m-gratuity-jeep/
comedy of the absurd,thank God he has well meaning colleagues and going by his action he may well waste the money on something else more possibly women,you know they are accessory to jeep
Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by Reference(m): 8:03pm On Oct 28, 2013
Corrupt, indolent civil servant who hoped to continue milking the system at our expense. So you can imagine what kind of havoc he would have caused in NEPA. Little wonder public services are as shambolic as his messed up mentals. Good riddance at 50. Your mates are hard working engineers somewhere building and running things. The kind of money paid to these guys put together can buy or build a new power station if those rogues have the IQ to see the future before their very eyes.
Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 28, 2013
Dude will most certainly still blow the money away.
Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by Jarus(m): 8:08pm On Oct 28, 2013
dridowu:
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/ex-phcn-worker-spends-n5-5m-gratuity-jeep/

The story was funny...looks like Africa Magic story as I envision the scene while reading thye news.

Interestingly, we share same story. When I resigned from my last company early last year (after 4 years of service), I bought an SUV from the company and asked the coy to use my gratuity payment of almost 1.5m to offset it. My brother scolded me for that decision. Reading this story reminds me.
Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by noblejames: 8:12pm On Oct 28, 2013
Nigerians like to spend their hard earned money on things that doesnt matter so much. Dnt be surprise this man children no dey go beta school at all.
Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by theoctopus: 8:14pm On Oct 28, 2013
Jarus:

The story was funny...looks like Africa Magic story as I envision the scene while reading thye news.

Interestingly, we share same story. When I resigned from my last company early last year (after 4 years of service), I bought an SUV from the company and asked the coy to use my gratuity payment of almost 1.5m to offset it. My brother scolded me for that decision. Reading this story reminds me.

Good you learnt your lesson. The real problem of the present Nigerian society is not that people dont have money but more about competition and trying to meet up with the status quo. Once you learn to liberate yourself from the opinions of people around you, you can live a happy life. Life is about contentment
Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by taharqa: 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2013
blink182: Dude will most certainly still blow the money away.
You can be Sure of that....
Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by sCun: 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2013
You guys don't know how many doors a clean jeep and a well starched shirt can open for you. I am sure the man had a plan

2 Likes

Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by Burger01(m): 8:18pm On Oct 28, 2013
From N6m severance package he could buy Tokunbo jeep of his dream for 2m, a bungalow building of two flats for 3.5m. He stays in one flat and rent out the other flat. He could then use the remaining 500k for faaji and thanksgiving.

BTW, he is a lucky man to have concerned friends around him. Some friends wouldn't talk him to his senses but rather support and push him to his downfall and destruction out of envy. I say kudos to his friends.

1 Like

Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by everyday: 8:20pm On Oct 28, 2013
He actually made a very unwise decision
Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by bigtt76(f): 8:21pm On Oct 28, 2013
Dem for leave am make boys help am run de tin ...boys still de vex de worray say nor lite you get money you wan begin flex #mtscheeeeeeew
Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by 3ace(m): 8:21pm On Oct 28, 2013
idupaul: Funny ooo... But how different is he from those that earn just 150k as salary but use 100k out of it to buy a phone
I think earning 50k would have been a better example.
Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by tundebj(m): 8:32pm On Oct 28, 2013
atlwireles: The mental state of the average civil service worker.
agreed, i know of a phcn staff, a woman who investd into a lifetime passive income busines, her family can never no poverty again, soon she wl build her house, her children schul fee wl never b a problem & in case just in case something happens, her busines wl keep growing & yielding for her children, God guide u as u invest ur heaven sent last card.
Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by tundebj(m): 8:34pm On Oct 28, 2013
idupaul:

Who is talking of savings .. I said someone that uses 100k form his meagre 150k salary to buy a fone .. Truth be told most Nigerians clearly live above their means.. People will come here to castigate him but look around you and you will see he is only mirroring us all..
my broda, u no lie at all
Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by texazzpete(m): 8:39pm On Oct 28, 2013
theoctopus:

How can you not see anything wrong in that? It is totally wrong. You cannot use over 60% of your salary to buy a phone. That is madness and stupidity put together. It is poverty mentality. Who is such a person trying to impress? You should never live above your means

You earn 150k a month.
You save 75k of that money every month. After 10 months, you have 750k.
You use 100k to buy a phone that you like. You still continue to earn 150k a month.

How is this 'madness and stupidity'?

Look, the ultimate aim we should all aspire to is to achieve happiness and satisfaction. If that phone makes him happy, how is that your business?

It is FAR worse to deny yourself all the pleasures of life just in a mad drive to save all the time. Once in a while, feel free to splurge on yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by millinmax2(m): 8:47pm On Oct 28, 2013
Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by tundebj(m): 8:47pm On Oct 28, 2013
texazzpete:

You earn 150k a month.
You use 100k to buy a phone that you like. You still continue to earn 150k a month.

Look, the ultimate aim we should all aspire to is to achieve happiness and satisfaction. If that phone makes him happy, how is that your business?

It is FAR worse to deny yourself all the pleasures of life just in a mad drive to save all the time. Once in a while, feel free to splurge on yourself.
nairaland, d land of many sided vision
Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by theoctopus: 8:50pm On Oct 28, 2013
texazzpete:

You earn 150k a month.

Who told you, you can ever achieve happiness and satisfaction from buying things? A pity that is what some of you think. You can never have enough in life. Are allll the politicians stealing Nigeria's money satisfied? If you want to live long and happy, you better change the way you think. Money is never enough. Material things are never enough. There will never be a point where you will attain happiness and satisfaction by buying things. Wrong foundation

3 Likes

Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by SUNNY45: 8:53pm On Oct 28, 2013
IS IT YOUR MONEY
Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by texazzpete(m): 8:55pm On Oct 28, 2013
Burger01: From N6m severance package he could buy Tokunbo jeep of his dream for 2m, a bungalow building of two flats for 3.5m. He stays in one flat and rent out the other flat. He could then use the remaining 500k for faaji and thanksgiving.

BTW, he is a lucky man to have concerned friends around him. Some friends wouldn't talk him to his senses but rather support and push him to his downfall and destruction out of envy. I say kudos to his friends.

Lol, where is he going to get a Bungalow to buy for 3.5m? In what area? Anywhere you can get a Bungalow to buy for that amount, the rent accruing from the spare flat will not be more than 100k per year.

theoctopus:

Who told you, you can ever achieve happiness and satisfaction from buying things? A pity that is what some of you think. You can never have enough in life. Are allll the politicians stealing Nigeria's money satisfied? If you want to live long and happy, you better change the way you think. Money is never enough. Material things are never enough. There will never be a point where you will attain happiness and satisfaction by buying things. Wrong foundation

Spare me the lecture. Everyone has hobbies and desires. Some like cars, some like houses etc. Please learn to speak for yourself only, it depicts a lack of maturity in you to expect that everyone else reasons like you. You would have been happy if you heard he invested that money in buying a house. Is that not a material thing too?

Money is never enough, man's wants are insatiable. But people can self-actualize without having all the money in the world.

if YOU want to live long and happy, I suggest you change the way YOU think. Stop bringing 'contentment' into this discussion!

2 Likes

Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by atlwireles: 8:57pm On Oct 28, 2013
Jarus:

I hope, You returned the car and walked off with your N1.5M
Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by Taiwo20(m): 9:08pm On Oct 28, 2013
What's my own and your own now?
Its his money and life. Though,maintaining a car is difficult in this clime.

Owning a house is not all that matters, he might have saved some money and don't forget his pension.

My point here is: Let everyone live their lives as they choose.
Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by specco(m): 9:11pm On Oct 28, 2013
gbanikiti: salary is different from gratuity. Do you know how long the person saved 100k to buy the phone?

Haba, another status freak here, even if he saves for 20yrs! It is still foolhardy to use two third of your salary to acquire a luxury item such as a cellphone which can change hands easily(ie being stolen 4rom u) or get damaged easily.

Anyway the ex Phcn guy can still pride himself as an ex jeep owner. That would at least massage his ego among his peers.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by SailorXY: 9:19pm On Oct 28, 2013
Burger01: From N6m severance package he could buy Tokunbo jeep of his dream for 2m, a bungalow building of two flats for 3.5m. He stays in one flat and rent out the other flat. He could then use the remaining 500k for faaji and thanksgiving.

undecided inside which state that kind budget building dey possible cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by miqos02(m): 9:21pm On Oct 28, 2013
taharqa: From d story, this man is at best a middle-level staff, yet he got #6m Severance package (minus his lump Pension Sum that wud be paid to his Pension account).... Kai!! These PHCN Staff don hammer, BIG time..
i heard one of them got a 25million cheque last friday. they don hammer gig time
Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by mariong(m): 9:26pm On Oct 28, 2013
Atleast his dream came through, whether it's for a couple of hour or days.

Choi! Some people are so foolish.

1 Like

Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by Samoo01: 9:27pm On Oct 28, 2013
This story could very well have been fabricated by one of the lazy asses parading themselves as reporters.

No time line of initial purchase and resale of the vehicle. No single name was mentioned and we have no idea in what state the subject of the article is from.

The lead says the man is in his 50s while body of article says man is a middle aged man. And this is what passes for good reportage at The Nation's newsroom?

You can't make this stuff up.
Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by texazzpete(m): 9:33pm On Oct 28, 2013
specco:

Haba, another status freak here, even if he saves for 20yrs! It is still foolhardy to use three quarter of your salary to acquire a luxury item such as a cellphone which can change hands easily(ie being stolen 4rom u) or get damaged easily.

Actually, 100k is 2/3 of 150k, not 3/4. You should have invested more in maths classes...

PS: Not everyone who is buying an expensive smartphone is doing it for the 'status'.
Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by miqos02(m): 9:33pm On Oct 28, 2013
taharqa: From d story, this man is at best a middle-level staff, yet he got #6m Severance package (minus his lump Pension Sum that wud be paid to his Pension account).... Kai!! These PHCN Staff don hammer, BIG time..
Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 28, 2013
The man must stop kidding!
What an aimless human being?
Re: Ex-PHCN Worker Spends N5.5m Gratuity On Jeep by maninmood(m): 9:42pm On Oct 28, 2013
Enjoy your wealth. It is worth making yourself happy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Professor Umaru Garba Danbatta Appointed Chief Executive Of NCC / APC, PDP Senators-elect Clash Over Voting Pattern / Precious Chikwendu Celebrates Her Son, Aragorn Fani-Kayode's 5th Birthday (Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.