Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,884 members, 7,949,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 05:47 PM

Horrific Video Shows Saudi Husband Beating Asian Man For Speaking To His Wife! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Horrific Video Shows Saudi Husband Beating Asian Man For Speaking To His Wife! (1775 Views)

Senator George Theuri Posts Half-Unclad Picture Of Him And His Wife On Facebook / Man Flogs His Wife Over Virginity Issue / Graphic Pics: ISIS Behead Christian Children + Horrific Pics Of ISIS Atrocities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Horrific Video Shows Saudi Husband Beating Asian Man For Speaking To His Wife! by underscore: 7:46am On Oct 29, 2013
Human rights campaigners are outraged at a video that has surfaced from Saudi Arabia of an Asian man being severely beaten by a Saudi man, allegedly for looking at his wife. The footage shows the Asian worker, wearing an orange overall, sitting opposite the Saudi man dressed in white robes. The Asian man has a swollen eye and is repeatedly slapped and hit in the face by the other man.

According to the English service of Al Arabiya, a news site, the Saudi man is allegedly accusing the other man of talking to his wife. The Saudi man then starts to repeatedly whip the Asian man with his belt. The victim falls to the floor crying out in pain, where he is kicked and whipped over and over. When he gets to his feet, the Saudi man appears to grab him by the throat and forces him up against the wall before continuing to beat him. The whole attack, which takes place in a room with a table, chairs and a playing TV, is filmed by a third party and has been shared online. The shocking footage has prompted Saudi Arabia' Human Rights Commission to condemn the attack after it received numerous complaints.

Spokesperson Ibrahim al-Shadi told Al Arabiya the beating was a 'flagrant violation of the victim’s rights to safety and dignity. The act also flouted rules set by Islamic Sharia, he said. The National Society for Human Rights is 'investigating the issue,' its head Mefleh al-Qahtani told AFP, quoted in the Times of India. The semi-governmental organisation would demand the perpetrator be punished if the case is confirmed. 'We do not have enough details about the identity of the man, or on where the incident took place,' he said.

Such insecurity! Is the employer's action justified?

Don't know how to upload videos on Nairaland but you can watch it here: http://trendysturvs..com/2013/10/horrific-video-shows-saudi-husband.html

Sources: http://trendysturvs..com/2013/10/horrific-video-shows-saudi-husband.html, DailyMail

Re: Horrific Video Shows Saudi Husband Beating Asian Man For Speaking To His Wife! by PAPAAFRICA: 2:34pm On Oct 29, 2013
Guy was a puzzy, crying like that. Couldn't be me.
Re: Horrific Video Shows Saudi Husband Beating Asian Man For Speaking To His Wife! by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 31, 2013
Saudis are animals! People might think it is only a small minority who do that but that is far from the truth.

My brother who lives Riyadh told me his friends all beat their Asian workers when they don't do as they are told. He also told me that his next door neighbour whips a 60 year-old Bengali man who works for him EVERY DAY.
Re: Horrific Video Shows Saudi Husband Beating Asian Man For Speaking To His Wife! by Fulaman198(m): 11:34pm On Oct 31, 2013
Poor man, I feel very sorry for him, he should have fought back. That guy in the with Kufi hat is a coward. I can tell you if he dared lay a finger on me I would show him fire. I would have taken that belt from him, snatch it from his hands and tell him to fight like a man and not a sissy. Any man who dares to attack me physically expect to get hit back 10 times as hard.
Re: Horrific Video Shows Saudi Husband Beating Asian Man For Speaking To His Wife! by Fulaman198(m): 11:35pm On Oct 31, 2013
yousuf12: Saudis are animals! People might think it is only a small minority who do that but that is far from the truth.

My brother who lives Riyadh told me his friends all beat their Asian workers when they don't do as they are told. He also told me that his next door neighbour whips a 60 year-old Bengali man who works for him EVERY DAY.

What a coward, I have heard how they mistreat non-Arabs in Saudi too, some of my Nigerian friends who live there are in denial about it. In fact, those who are from Africa living in the Arab world have a lot to deal with sometimes.
Re: Horrific Video Shows Saudi Husband Beating Asian Man For Speaking To His Wife! by Fulaman198(m): 11:36pm On Oct 31, 2013
underscore: Human rights campaigners are outraged at a video that has surfaced from Saudi Arabia of an Asian man being severely beaten by a Saudi man, allegedly for looking at his wife. The footage shows the Asian worker, wearing an orange overall, sitting opposite the Saudi man dressed in white robes. The Asian man has a swollen eye and is repeatedly slapped and hit in the face by the other man.

According to the English service of Al Arabiya, a news site, the Saudi man is allegedly accusing the other man of talking to his wife. The Saudi man then starts to repeatedly whip the Asian man with his belt. The victim falls to the floor crying out in pain, where he is kicked and whipped over and over. When he gets to his feet, the Saudi man appears to grab him by the throat and forces him up against the wall before continuing to beat him. The whole attack, which takes place in a room with a table, chairs and a playing TV, is filmed by a third party and has been shared online. The shocking footage has prompted Saudi Arabia' Human Rights Commission to condemn the attack after it received numerous complaints.

Spokesperson Ibrahim al-Shadi told Al Arabiya the beating was a 'flagrant violation of the victim’s rights to safety and dignity. The act also flouted rules set by Islamic Sharia, he said. The National Society for Human Rights is 'investigating the issue,' its head Mefleh al-Qahtani told AFP, quoted in the Times of India. The semi-governmental organisation would demand the perpetrator be punished if the case is confirmed. 'We do not have enough details about the identity of the man, or on where the incident took place,' he said.

Such insecurity! Is the employer's action justified?

Don't know how to upload videos on Nairaland but you can watch it here: http://trendysturvs..com/2013/10/horrific-video-shows-saudi-husband.html

Sources: http://trendysturvs..com/2013/10/horrific-video-shows-saudi-husband.html, DailyMail

They are not going to do a darn thing, they do not care about their foreign population.
Re: Horrific Video Shows Saudi Husband Beating Asian Man For Speaking To His Wife! by Nobody: 3:25am On Nov 01, 2013
Fulaman198:

What a coward, I have heard how they mistreat non-Arabs in Saudi too, some of my Nigerian friends who live there are in denial about it. In fact, those who are from Africa living in the Arab world have a lot to deal with sometimes.

They mistreat most non-Khaleej (gulf) people except for whites lol they worship them. Saudis are very ignorant and backward people.

I remember first time I went there, it was in 2004 and I was with two of my childhood friends... An Iranian and a Somali. We got off the plane and made our way into King Khalid airport in Riyadh. My Iranian friend and I both passed the border control agents without any trouble, but my Somali friend who was little bit dark was held up. The fat cow told him to sit on a bench for like 10mins while everyone else was greeted with a smile. After most of the people left, he was approached by two officers and he was excorted to the desk that was only a few metres away. They treated him like he was a criminal, I couldn't bare watching them abuse his rights like that so I shouted at the fat agent that was sitting down... He told the two officers to take me away. In the meantime, my friend punched the fat bastard because he called him a 3abeed. They locked us all up but one phone call to the German embassy and we were out, they were literally kissing our arses whilst apologising.

During our time in police custody, I asked my friend why he punched the agent, he said "He looked at my passport then looked at me then looked at my passport then laughed out loud and said to his other colleague "I wonder where this 3abeed stole the passport from".

He didn't know my friend speaks fluent Arabic.
I was genuinely gobsmacked that day because I had a totally different perception of Saudis, I thought they were pious because they live in the land of the Haramain.

1 Like

Re: Horrific Video Shows Saudi Husband Beating Asian Man For Speaking To His Wife! by Fulaman198(m): 8:11am On Nov 01, 2013
yousuf12:

They mistreat most non-Khaleej (gulf) people except for whites lol they worship them. Saudis are very ignorant and backward people.

I remember first time I went there, it was in 2004 and I was with two of my childhood friends... An Iranian and a Somali. We got off the plane and made our way into King Khalid airport in Riyadh. My Iranian friend and I both passed the border control agents without any trouble, but my Somali friend who was little bit dark was held up. The fat cow told him to sit on a bench for like 10mins while everyone else was greeted with a smile. After most of the people left, he was approached by two officers and he was excorted to the desk that was only a few metres away. They treated him like he was a criminal, I couldn't bare watching them abuse his rights like that so I shouted at the fat agent that was sitting down... He told the two officers to take me away. In the meantime, my friend punched the fat bastard because he called him a 3abeed. They locked us all up but one phone call to the German embassy and we were out, they were literally kissing our arses whilst apologising.

During our time in police custody, I asked my friend why he punched the agent, he said "He looked at my passport then looked at me then looked at my passport then laughed out loud and said to his other colleague "I wonder where this 3abeed stole the passport from".

He didn't know my friend speaks fluent Arabic.
I was genuinely gobsmacked that day because I had a totally different perception of Saudis, I thought they were pious because they live in the land of the Haramain.

It is stuff like that which makes me lose hope for this world. Why are some human beings so evil spirited and corrupt? I'm happy your friend stood up for himself. Those cowards.

To be honest, I'm sure there are nice Saudi people, but there are a few that really make their country look horrible. If this guy is not punished for beating an innocent man, then I will lose my respect for the Saudi justice system.
Re: Horrific Video Shows Saudi Husband Beating Asian Man For Speaking To His Wife! by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2013
Saudia Arabia would be nothing without oil...Even with all that money they're still backwards.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Rampage Driver Rams Pedestrians & Ramaddan Fast Observers In London! / The Strongest Army / Russian Ground Troops Arrive In Syria In Unprecedented Military Action...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.