Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,231 members, 7,939,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:54 PM

Government Should Ban 'house Helps'. It's Child Labour. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Government Should Ban 'house Helps'. It's Child Labour. (940 Views)

Anja Ringgren-Loven Helps More Nigerian Children (Photos) / Guys, Can You Go In With Your Wife To Labour Room? / Child Labour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Government Should Ban 'house Helps'. It's Child Labour. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 29, 2013
This is a serious case of modern day slavery. I don't know what all these female politicians are doing that they can't effectively stop CHILD LABOUR. Yes it is child labour, these children are literally sold into slavery, their parents get some money monthly and worse still they are not sent to scholl. I call on you NAIRALANDERS to speak out against child labour. There will probably be about 500000 child labourers cum house-helps in lagos alone. It is pathetic. Governor fashola please do something about it. Pleaseee!. Han-han.

2 Likes

Re: Government Should Ban 'house Helps'. It's Child Labour. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 29, 2013
Anybody with governor fashola's contact should tell him o. Because it's such a monumental problem in lagos state. Children house helps is CHILD LABOUR.
Re: Government Should Ban 'house Helps'. It's Child Labour. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 29, 2013
Most prostitues in lagos arrive there as HOUSE HELPS only to get beaten and thrown out into the streets to fend for themselves. #say-no-to-child-labour
Re: Government Should Ban 'house Helps'. It's Child Labour. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 29, 2013
The problem has gone out of hand and you can't just wish it away. No you take action by setting laws in place and enforcing them. #fight-slavery-in-nigeria
Re: Government Should Ban 'house Helps'. It's Child Labour. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 29, 2013
Life isn't fair but the government should atleast do more to make life worth living for it's citizen. These children have been sold by their parents to these guardians that abuse, torture, malnurish them and do not send them to school. These children are unfortunate to be born into poor homes and have no say in the ''selling'' process. They therfore cannot demand their rights such as the rights to be educated.
Re: Government Should Ban 'house Helps'. It's Child Labour. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 29, 2013
i have not seen any law effective in this country. If any law is made, it won't be upto a year, the law is forgotten and life goes on as before. The best we can do is enlighten the parents of these children. Almost all state govt primary and secondary school are free. They should forget any false promise made by the guardians. The Lagos State govt can't fight this alone

1 Like

Re: Government Should Ban 'house Helps'. It's Child Labour. by saintvc(m): 9:07pm On Oct 29, 2013
Seconded

1 Like

Re: Government Should Ban 'house Helps'. It's Child Labour. by bigass(f): 9:35pm On Oct 29, 2013
i agree with you 100%. you should not employ anybody below 18 as house help and he/she must be paid at-least the minimum wage. not 12yrs and paid 5k per month

government not governmant

3 Likes

Re: Government Should Ban 'house Helps'. It's Child Labour. by Nobody: 12:35am On Oct 30, 2013
Yes it is a really important issue. People mustbe stopped from employing anyone under 18 as maids. Employ and adult and stop taking advantage of kids or dothe work yourself!

1 Like

Re: Government Should Ban 'house Helps'. It's Child Labour. by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 30, 2013
tatiana009: Yes it is a really important issue. People mustbe stopped from employing anyone under 18 as maids. Employ and adult and stop taking advantage of kids or dothe work yourself!

someone should please get this on frontpage for maximum exposure. Please frontpage!!
Re: Government Should Ban 'house Helps'. It's Child Labour. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 30, 2013
bigass: i agree with you 100%. you should not employ anybody below 18 as house help and he/she must be paid at-least the minimum wage. not 12yrs and paid 5k per month

government not governmant

thanks for the correction

people should please lend their voice to this course. Pls help save the children.
Re: Government Should Ban 'house Helps'. It's Child Labour. by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 30, 2013
Fabulousuzo: i have not seen any law effective in this country. If any law is made, it won't be upto a year, the law is forgotten and life goes on as before. The best we can do is enlighten the parents of these children. Almost all state govt primary and secondary school are free. They should forget any false promise made by the guardians. The Lagos State govt can't fight this alone

Thanks for lending your support.
Most guardians don't send these children to schools even though they are FREE!!! They sometimes are USED as shop attendants in their ''OGA'S'' shop again without being paid extra. Child labour in Nigeria under the guise of house-helps should STOP!!! Moderators please FRONTPAGE.
Re: Government Should Ban 'house Helps'. It's Child Labour. by Mintayo(m): 6:14am On Oct 31, 2013
True,it should be stopped,as amatter of fact,i don't support having househelp of any age even.
Re: Government Should Ban 'house Helps'. It's Child Labour. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 31, 2013
Yes, it should be. But the starting point is not banning. Most people don't see house help as child labor. That's the first step. Let them see how evil it is. It is all around me and when I open my mouth to speak, people look at me as if I'm crazy!

(1) (Reply)

Paraga Peddler Gives Birth Inside Keke Napep! / Why The "Thank You" After intimacy / Lesson On Child Training And Character Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.