Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,581 members, 7,972,169 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 05:09 AM

16-year-old Nigerian Girlnamed Among World's 50smartest Teens - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 16-year-old Nigerian Girlnamed Among World's 50smartest Teens (714 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities / Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 / Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

16-year-old Nigerian Girlnamed Among World's 50smartest Teens by daisyjay(f): 12:06am On Oct 30, 2013
A 16-year-old Nigerian Muslim girl
has made headlines when her name
emerged in the 'The World's 50 Smartest
Teenagers' list.

Saheela Ibraheem, who
is passionate about many things,
"especially" math and science, believes that if one is passionate about what they
do, they will succeed.

A little over a year ago, the girl who was
born to Nigerian parents in Edison, New
Jersey, the US, has been accepted into
Harvard University, becoming one of the
youngest students ever to attend that
school.

She had to choose from 13 other
prestigious colleges, including MIT, the
University of Pennsylvania, Cornell,
Brown, Princeton, Columbia, and the
University of Chicago, but eventually
listened to her 7-year-old brother's advice who also dreams of being
admitted to Harvard.

Saheela says, at the age of only five she
found out the key to success: knowing
what you love to learn as early as
possible.

Described by others as polite and
humble, the girl says her very supportive
Nigerian parents sometimes taught her
subjects the schools didn't offer.

The teen is also interested in languages,
and knows Yoruba, Arabic, Spanish, and
Latin, in addition to English. Offering a role model to her colleagues,

Saheela, who dons a hijab, is also into
sports, as she plays softball, soccer, and
the trombone.

She also sings in the school choir and
serves as president of the school's
investment club.

The promising girl plans to major in
either neurobiology or neuroscience, and
hopes to become a scientist in order to
study how the brain works. "I try my best in everything I do," Saheela
said, confirming that there is nothing
special about her brain. "Anyone who's
motivated can work wonders."

Despite her activities, she names her
family as her number one priority.

Source : Google News
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girlnamed Among World's 50smartest Teens by Nobody: 12:53am On Oct 30, 2013
Alright

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girlnamed Among World's 50smartest Teens by Merkki(f): 1:26am On Oct 30, 2013
Now this is the kinda news i wanna hear. Go girl! I don't care if you were born in Edison or Ekiti, all i know is that you have a Nigerian blood. And that is enough for me.

1 Like

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girlnamed Among World's 50smartest Teens by Emmyk(m): 1:57am On Oct 30, 2013
Good
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girlnamed Among World's 50smartest Teens by buoye1(m): 2:25am On Oct 30, 2013
Fresh air abeeeg,,,,,,Better than all dis BH,Kidnapping,Oduah,APC,....all dis useless stories
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girlnamed Among World's 50smartest Teens by tsleazy(m): 8:33am On Oct 30, 2013
Wow they forgot my name
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girlnamed Among World's 50smartest Teens by precioussage(m): 9:15am On Oct 30, 2013
your level of achevement is limitles once motivated

(1) (Reply)

Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin Admission List Is Out / JAMB 2014 Exam To Hold On April 5th 2014 / Federal Polytecnic Nekede ND Form In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.