Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,710 members, 7,892,810 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 06:00 PM

Reliable Car Tracker - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Reliable Car Tracker (6449 Views)

I Need Advice On A Good Solid Car Tracker Solution / Which Is Best Car Tracker? / What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reliable Car Tracker by chikasin4(m): 4:27am On Oct 30, 2013
Hello fridnds, I need ur advice on the best car tracker in town and where to find them. I need to put it in my car and how much i live in Enugu. Thanks
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by Gluck4cars: 9:19pm On Oct 30, 2013
The best car-tracker is made by Tramigo based in Finland. It comes with an immobilizer and you can track either via sms or GPS. In Port-harcourt you can buy from the major dealer at N38,000. There are some other trackers from Chinese based companies which are also cheaper. But I avoid installing those for my customers. Also Tramigo installation is more demanding and most installers charge more to install Tramigo trackers compared to the others. Installation cost will range from N10k-N15,000.
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by chikasin4(m): 4:50am On Oct 31, 2013
[quote author=Gluck4cars]The best car-tracker is made by Tramigo based in Finland. It comes with an immobilizer and you can track either via sms or GPS. In Port-harcourt you can buy from the major dealer at N38,000. There are some other trackers from Chinese based companies which are also cheaper. But I avoid installing those for my customers. Also Tramigo installation is more demanding and most installers charge more to install Tramigo trackers compared to the others. Installation cost will range from N10k-N15,000.[/qu

Thank u Gluck4cars but which one do u prefer and at what cost.
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by Gluck4cars: 9:58am On Oct 31, 2013
I use Tramigo for my vehicles.
On what vehicle (state the year model) are you looking at installing it. This information is important because I usually prefer using ignition sensing rather than Key-starter or Fuel cut methods of demobilisation. So for further guide pass more info on type of vehicle. Cheers.
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by chikasin4(m): 6:11am On Nov 01, 2013
Gluck4cars: I use Tramigo for my vehicles.
On what vehicle (state the year model) are you looking at installing it. This information is important because I usually prefer using ignition sensing rather than Key-starter or Fuel cut methods of demobilisation. So for further guide pass more info on type of vehicle. Cheers.

Toyota corolla 2003 model le
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by Gluck4cars: 11:36am On Nov 01, 2013
Toyota corolla 2003 model will work fine with ignition sensing instalation.

So if you are a quality freak like me, then go for Tramigo.
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by chikasin4(m): 11:45am On Nov 01, 2013
Gluck4cars: Toyota corolla 2003 model will work fine with ignition sensing instalation.

So if you are a quality freak like me, then go for Tramigo.

Ok but D price is too high, wot abt d one of N10,000 is it reliable. D ignition sensing one how does it work. Wot is d diffrence bw it and other ones
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 01, 2013
chikasin4:

Ok but D price is too high, wot abt d one of N10,000 is it reliable. D ignition sensing one how does it work. Wot is d diffrence bw it and other ones

Price is too high

Even if you bought that car NGN100,000 I will authoritatively tell you that no amount is too high to pay for the security of your property. Don't wait till car hijackers/car snatchers rob you of your car install a security/antiteft device in that car it will save you some sleepless nights just like it saved me some sleepless nights too.
Prevention is better than cure.
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by chikasin4(m): 7:32am On Nov 02, 2013
LomomIke which version of car tracking do u install in ur vehicle and at which cost
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 02, 2013
chikasin4: LomomIke which version of car tracking do u install in ur vehicle and at which cost

I use Tramigo but one of my friend use G-Tracker. We haven't got any complain since we started using them. (Except when there is no credit in the sim or cellular/gps network is very bad).
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by chikasin4(m): 9:43am On Nov 03, 2013
lomomike:

I use Tramigo but one of my friend use G-Tracker. We haven't got any complain since we started using them. (Except when there is no credit in the sim or cellular/gps network is very bad).

Lomomike how much did it cost u to instal G tracker and do u pay annually for tramigo. Thank u
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2013
chikasin4:

Lomomike how much did it cost u to instal G tracker and do u pay annually for tramigo. Thank u

I use tramigo T-22 and I only recharge the simcard via airtime transfer or VTU. Its been over a year I installed it and no complains or message informing me to come and renew my subscription. I use SMS commands on it and its ignition sensing and it employs GSM/GPS signals. If I send an SMS command to the tracker (eg I send an SMS to "disable" my ignition/car, I only have to pay 4naira normal text message fee for that command) I gơt it installed at 80k after I purchased my car in Lagos wharf last year.

Foot Note: I always turn my steering to lock the steering wheel after taking my key off the ignition and I alway use steering and pedal locks.
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by chikasin4(m): 8:27pm On Nov 03, 2013
lomomike:

I use tramigo T-22 and I only recharge the simcard via airtime transfer or VTU. Its been over a year I installed it and no complains or message informing me to come and renew my subscription. I use SMS commands on it and its ignition sensing and it employs GSM/GPS signals. If I send an SMS command to the tracker (eg I send an SMS to "disable" my ignition/car, I only have to pay 4naira normal text message fee for that command) I gơt it installed at 80k after I purchased my car in Lagos wharf last year.

Foot Note: I always turn my steering to lock the steering wheel after taking my key off the ignition and I alway use steering and pedal locks.

I heard dat tramigo T22 can b tranferred to one vehicle to anoder witout any wire connection. Is dat tru.
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 03, 2013
chikasin4:

I heard dat tramigo T22 can b tranferred to one vehicle to anoder witout any wire connection. Is dat tru.

I don't know about that. However I know its a portable device
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by olowo1102(m): 7:14pm On Nov 04, 2013
Please I drive Honda Accord 2007 and would like to install tracker in my car. Kindly advise on the best tracker to install at a reasonable price. I live in the north at the moment. Thank you.
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by Konnektions146(m): 9:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
olowo1102: Please I drive Honda Accord 2007 and would like to install tracker in my car. Kindly advise on the best tracker to install at a reasonable price. I live in the north at the moment. Thank you.
Tramigo T23 is a reliable car tracker woth gteat features.

read more here

nairaland.com/1449330/reliable-car-tracking-tracker-security
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by olowo1102(m): 6:58am On Nov 05, 2013
How much does it cost to get Tramigo T23 installed? You can reach me on 07014563310 or email: oluwaseun_olowo@yahoo.com
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by shiftmarket(m): 10:21am On Nov 07, 2013
Who has actually used Tramigo and can in real time (as in this minute) tell where his car is?
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by gogodaye(m): 6:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
I use the Tramigo car tracking device on my VW Vento got it installed since 2011 in Abuja, although bought it off one of their resalers in PHC who advertized it on the AUTO NL sister thread. Aside the cost of purchase & installation (which is now reduced), its' subscribtion free, aside the #4 cost of each sms sent to my phone (optional feature). It has several amazing features, offers both street/landmark of were my car is & also longitude, latitude cognates, hidden speaker, immobilizer, etc.
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by IdaraCHODB(m): 9:29am On Nov 29, 2013
Can someone explain why most luxury car dealers say that the manufacturers do not recommend installing car trackers in their machines? I have experienced this with two upscale brands in Nigeria!
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by Gluck4cars: 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
IdaraCHODB: Can someone explain why most luxury car dealers say that the manufacturers do not recommend installing car trackers in their machines? I have experienced this with two upscale brands in Nigeria!

Most car trackers have dual roles (ie Tracking and Immobilization). Car manufacturers of recent model cars are saying no additional immobilizer is required since these vehicles can't be stolen without their original key. In essence recent models (with chips on key) have in-built immobilizers.

However the tracking capability (GPS+SMS) is not pre-installed by manufacturers. You still need that from after-market suppliers.
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by IdaraCHODB(m): 6:07pm On Dec 01, 2013
Gluck4cars:

Most car trackers have dual roles (ie Tracking and Immobilization). Car manufacturers of recent model cars are saying no additional immobilizer is required since these vehicles can't be stolen without their original key. In essence recent models (with chips on key) have in-built immobilizers.

However the tracking capability (GPS+SMS) is not pre-installed by manufacturers. You still need that from after-market suppliers.

Thanks, sensible explanation. apparently, i should be possible to set one up and not the other.

Auxiliary question, why don't cars come inbuilt with tracking capabilities?
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by olamega(m): 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
Thanks @ Gluck4cars. I have been told that also when i went to VW service centre in Abuja for my '07 car. so it means one can still get a tracker only that you will activate other feature except the immobilizer or other related features so that it will not create conflicts with the car ECU system.
pls correct me if i'm wrong
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by ehay(f): 4:32pm On Dec 15, 2013
hulllo gluck4cars, pls can I have your num. about buying a car and would luv to fix a tracker.
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by Konnektions146(m): 10:10pm On Dec 15, 2013
e-hay:
hulllo gluck4cars, pls can I have your num. about buying a car and would luv to fix a tracker.
yu have a Private message pls
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by ehay(f): 8:10pm On Dec 16, 2013
pls resend the message. did not get it.
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by Konnektions146(m): 9:06am On Dec 17, 2013
e-hay:
pls resend the message. did not get it.
check your E-mail Please, sent
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by Gluck4cars: 1:45am On Dec 18, 2013
Perfectly right. You got the logic. Especially if you set up your immobilization using ignition sensing.

olamega: Thanks @ Gluck4cars. I have been told that also when i went to VW service centre in Abuja for my '07 car. so it means one can still get a tracker only that you will activate other feature except the immobilizer or other related features so that it will not create conflicts with the car ECU system.
pls correct me if i'm wrong
Re: Reliable Car Tracker by Gluck4cars: 1:50am On Dec 18, 2013
Sent you a private msg. Thanks
e-hay:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 / Honda Accord 2005 For Sale / From Port Harcourt To Lagos And Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.