Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,851 members, 7,912,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 06:26 AM

The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil (13196 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit / Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by auntytee: 2:07pm On Nov 03, 2013
They actually did die, it only took about 900yrs. Remember a 1000 years is a day in the eyes of God. tongue they actually died same day grin
map96: So actualli God lied dat dey will die.... N satan is tellin d truth abt deir being lyk God... Wonder wen u pple will remuv dat one frm d bible as u did to oder verses n chapters.... Mtcheew
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Onliie(m): 2:14pm On Nov 03, 2013
aManFromMars:

Nice twisting of scripture there. According to Christian myth, your God cursed Adam and the whole world for Eve's mistake. What a useless being...

God cursed the land because He already gave the whole world to Adam. And it was Adam and Eve's mistake.
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by philfearon(m): 2:20pm On Nov 03, 2013
Dap07:
if u boil a stone with the right ingredients, it might just melt...who knows??
follow the link in my signature below!!
I havent completed it yet though!
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Buberwa(m): 2:34pm On Nov 03, 2013
georgina77@ibibo.com
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 03, 2013
Pls Pastor Olu T, 'why did God plant d tree of d knowledge of gud n evil?, wen d devil was thrown 2 earth after fighting wit d angels in heaven, y didnt God destroyed instantly 2 avoid corruptin d earth?' now c wat d devil has caused on dis earth.

2 Likes

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 03, 2013
Pastor Olu T, if d tree was nt evil, den y is it called, 'Tree of d knowledge of gud n evil?' why did God allowed d devil 2 take over?' Can 1 b angry wit God? Infact some many questions, bt answer dose 1s 1st.

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by amedave(m): 3:07pm On Nov 03, 2013
Pls i must correct ur error. It is very wrng to emphatically say d forbiden fruit was seks. Nd u shld neva post tins that can't be verified biblically to avoid giving non christians the opportunity to mock us. Remember for anything u say u wil give account. The scriptures are so filled with mysteries dnt be quick to cnclude except u av special order frm God to do so. Lastly be careful with those books of Moses, imagine Moses writing down things that happened b4 his birth, it wasn't easy for him. So many things abt d scripture remains mystery, dnt claim u knw it all. Shalom

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Onliie(m): 3:09pm On Nov 03, 2013
Bleble-swag:
Pls Pastor Olu T, 'why did God plant d tree of d knowledge of gud n evil?, wen d devil was thrown 2 earth after fighting wit d angels in heaven, y didnt God destroyed instantly 2 avoid corruptin d earth?' now c wat d devil has caused on dis earth.

If you were a judge and a robber came to rob your house, and the armed robber was brought to your court, will you sentence him immediately without giving him a fair trial? The devil is being tried to prove him guilty. Maybe he has a strong point why he did what he did. For him to convince one third of heaven to follow him, he must have a reasonable point worth looking into. But glory be to God, he is already guilty, he is just stalling. God that knows the end from the beginning already knows where the devil will end. God just want to SHOW OTHERS why. Just like a good judge must have good reason for his judgement.

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 03, 2013
@Onlie, God knows beta, He sees beyond, n knw wat wil happen b4 it happens, compare 2 our ordinary judge.
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Onliie(m): 3:22pm On Nov 03, 2013
Bleble-swag:
@Onlie, God knows beta, He sees beyond, n knw wat wil happen b4 it happens, compare 2 our ordinary judge.
Exactly what I said. God knows, but other beings don't. So he had to show them. That even the devil himself will admit he was guilty. God is just.

2 Likes

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by ignis: 3:29pm On Nov 03, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Yes sort of, but actually called from the main book. If u want u can send me ur email add n I will send u the whole book.
I will send you a PM now, please send me the whole book and other interesting ones as this if any.

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Sweetcollins: 3:30pm On Nov 03, 2013
Pls I need d ebook pastor
Collinsmart135@yahoo.co.uk

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by PastorOluT(m): 3:43pm On Nov 03, 2013
ignis:
I will send you a PM now, please send me the whole book and other interesting ones as this if any.

My PM on NL isn't working for God's knows what? King drop ur address here or send direct message to my box lawansono@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by PastorOluT(m): 3:45pm On Nov 03, 2013
boay: @ OP, please I would like to have as many of your books as possible. This is my email tonyboay@ovi.com

Please let me know if you have seen my post I want to modify it, to remove my email because of spams. Thanks

I have seen it n would get in touch with u soon.
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by PastorOluT(m): 3:49pm On Nov 03, 2013
gods I: Pastor Ola, why did God put that tree(Knowledge of Good and Evil) in the first place? First, He cannot deceive. Secondly, his work is always perfect. Thirdly, none can manipulate him(and of course, he is all-knowing). And finally, his will alone takes place(as was stated in the scripture). Now, was putting that tree and letting Adam and Eve succumb to devil's snare His(God's) prior plan or were thing to complicated for him at that point in time? Your answer should be laconic please, for clarity of comprehension.

I enjoin u to pls read my other write ups of related topics on NL for further understanding.
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by PastorOluT(m): 3:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
amedave: Pls i must correct ur error. It is very wrng to emphatically say d forbiden fruit was seks. Nd u shld neva post tins that can't be verified biblically to avoid giving non christians the opportunity to mock us. Remember for anything u say u wil give account. The scriptures are so filled with mysteries dnt be quick to cnclude except u av special order frm God to do so. Lastly be careful with those books of Moses, imagine Moses writing down things that happened b4 his birth, it wasn't easy for him. So many things abt d scripture remains mystery, dnt claim u knw it all. Shalom

Sire I am not claiming any special thing here n all I wrote is pure revelations n scriptural (where in te world did I mention se.x as the forbidden fruit?), I am sorry if I have created a wrong impression (Knowledge/revelation increases as we go deeper in our relationship with God).

My advice to u is that u read my other related threads before u crucify me.

Stay blessed n remain rapturable
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by PastorOluT(m): 4:01pm On Nov 03, 2013
Bleble-swag:

I have a new book I am working on "The dispensations of man" which will definitely answer u, bt for now u can peruse my threads for related topics which would also answer ur questions.

Stay blessed n remain rapturable
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by arimahoseloka(m): 4:25pm On Nov 03, 2013
There is something i have always wondered about in the story of creation. If the tree of knowledge of good and evil was created to make one know what is good or evil and make one wise, how then can adam or eve be able to know that eating the tree is disobedience 2 God Since they have no knowledge of what is good or bad.. Why then will almighty God command man not 2 eat a tree knowing fully well he doesnt know what is good or bad?
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by romania: 4:27pm On Nov 03, 2013
benkings: the summary: d Lord told adam n eve to eat of every fruit in d qarden except dat which is in d middle of d qarden,d middle of d qarden here means d part dat is found in d middle of a womans body and u knw what dat means(pucccci) so d devil came to tempt eve 1st n told her to test d middle of her qarden and after she self service she realise d pleasure she had was maximum pleasure and so she called on adam to test of it also,so they had seks toqether n afta d act dey realise dey were naked
last bullet: d forbidden fruit to my own understand is seks
hope my post wont be hidden 8-)

How else were they suppose to reproduce and fill the earth? The tree is not Eve's womanliness. The tree is a real tree that has fruits on it just like other trees in the garden.

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by PastorOluT(m): 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2013
arimahoseloka: There is something i have always wondered about in the story of creation. If the tree of knowledge of good and evil was created to make one know what is good or evil and make one wise, how then can adam or eve be able to know that eating the tree is disobedience 2 God Since they have no knowledge of what is good or bad.. Why then will almighty God command man not 2 eat a tree knowing fully well he doesnt know what is good or bad?

There is nothing wrong with the fruit, except that they (Adam n Eve) neglected the warnings of God, also alternating it for the Tree of life. It will do well if u can check the "Tree of life" on my thread
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by arimahoseloka(m): 4:32pm On Nov 03, 2013
Also since God cast down satan 2 earth because of his evil. Why will God allow satan 2 roam through the garden of eden. Satan was able to convince angels 2 join in his quest in rebelling against God. How much more man Man is a weaker than the angels. Lacking knowledge than angels. God should have known of the impending disaster about 2 happen in the garden of eden?
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by cjomeje1: 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2013
The answer to the questions i raised below will help throw more light to the curiosity of njukusboy and the op.
Who is responsible for evil?
Was God not aware that Lucifer would become the devil?
Who planted the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, right inside the Garden of Eden?
Who initiated the temptation of Job?
"And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one" This is a prayer to God, not to lead us into temptation. What does that mean? I know that God tempts no one with evil.
The moment a believer authenticates (pardon, he allows Satan to authenticate) these statements in his heart, the Serpent will extrapolate it. Isn’t God responsible for all the souls in hell? Didn’t he know that they will all derail –yet he created them? If a human ends his life (really it is so easy; someone probably knows one tablet that can do it NOW), or drives into the lagoon, then God is responsible –yes, he knows that this fellow will end it by himself yet he created him? If a girl becomes pregnant and decides to “blow up the baby in the womb” it will still be heaped on God’s door steps; yes isn’t he responsible, he knows that this girl will kill this baby and die in the process, yet he created her? Then, he (Satan –yes let’s call him by name) will begin to tell “you” there is no need to pray, what’s gonna be is gonna be. The Lord knows that it will happen whether you pray or not. Of course he has convinced (sorry confused) so many people with this mantra. . After all he planted the tree in the midst of the garden . . .
Gen 1:29-31
29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground — everything that has the breath of life in it — I give every green plant for food." And it was so.
31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning — the sixth day.
NIV
To find out “who the tree of life is and who the false (abominable tree is), Google and look up the book “SIN IN THE HOUSE”. God did instruct man not to eat from it (the abominable tree), just like he instructed man (till today) not to eat ANY BLOOD (Lev. 10, Acts 15 etc.). Now a man says that he wants to experiment on it, cuts his hand with a razor and sucks it . . . and began to have catastrophes! He then turns around and says; God is responsible, he knows that I will do it yet he allowed me . . .bla bla bla. Till this moment, Satan is still dangling blood and promising riches (the kingdoms of this world) to anyone that will eat blood (simple initiation into the cults). Please beloved; do not play into the hands of the Serpent! When Cain offered the wrong sacrifice, the Lord warned him that captivity was very near. It was not long before Satan filled his heart with blood thirst. SEE, WE SHOULD KNOW THAT THE LORD HAS GIVEN MAN THE POWER OF CHOICE AND LIKE EVERY OTHER GIFT OF GOD IS WITHOUT REPENTANCE –HE DOES NOT TAKE IT BACK! This is a mystery but we should just appreciate it as it is.
When man decided to use this power of Choice to choose intercourse with angels (Genesis 6) listen to what the Lord told us;
Gen 6:5-7
5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
KJV (kindly read NLT –and see that the Lord suffered heartbreak)
Oh, you think that it is only man that suffers heartbreak (sorrowful disappointment) when he is jilted by his wife; or lets say when his wife sleeps with his best friend. We are glad that we are telling you that the Lord also suffers heartbreak. That was why Jesus “wept over Jerusalem” (for rejecting his love and overtures all those while). Remember that man was created in the image of God. Yes when the Lord was set to wipe mankind from the earth; he did but Noah found favor. Noah offered a sacrifice that made the Lord promise “never again to destroy the world with a flood”. You can say at least one prophecy you know; no matter how the flood rages, it will never submerge the whole world again. All the angels that participated in that orgy are “in prison” (this again is beyond our scope here.)
The Lord did not initiate the temptation of Job; go and read it again. However we were told that the things that the prophets of old went through were for our instruction. Yes sometimes, God allows the prophets (and Apostles) to be spectacles (see Ezekiel 24, 1 Cor. 4:9). When the Lord knew that man did not know what he was doing (on the cross), he prayed for and forgave them, but when he knows that man knows what he does, he holds him responsible for his actions . . . like when he talked to the Pharisees against blasphemy. It is this intent of the heart of man that the Lord judges. He knows them thoroughly. When we get to heaven by his grace, we will ask him certain details; sure you will do.
Lead us not into temptation –yes the Lord has answered that prayer. We are just reminded to pray it always. Just like when you ask your little son to tell you when he is hungry; it means that you have the solution. Supposing he does not tell you and bears the hunger till ulceration etc. who is to be blamed; the dad? If one does not pray lead us not into temptation (watch and pray so that you do not fall into temptation); like when Peter cut off Malchus’s ear with the sword, was the Lord responsible? Did he not tell him to watch and pray? Did the Lord lead him into this temptation? What did the Lord do when he (Peter) fell into it? He healed that ear; else Peter would have lost his HEAD. Peter is typical of the believer that will not watch and pray (lead us not into temptation, deliver us from the evil one) . . . only to turn and blame God for allowing him to fall into temptation. What the Lord is telling us is that he does not lead us into temptation (we’ve learnt this in the book of James) . . . but even if he does, like in Matthew 4, he will deliver us from the evil one! No (good) parent will carry his baby and throw into the ocean without a lifebuoy and plans to catch it. And God is good (let’s allow this understatement); isn’t he? When God prepared a fish to swallow Jonah, did he not command the fish to expel him on the land? How did Jonah get to the fish belly in the first place? You see, if Jesus did not encounter Satan, he would not have had “the moral rectitude” to tell us . . . submit yourself to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you. He showed us an example of how to submit to God and how to resist the tempter (fasting and praying and speaking the word). Moreover, the Law of the Spirit is that you do not cart away a strong man’s goods unless you first bind him. Satan is not bound by shouting “I bind you . . . bla bla bla”. Daniel did not bind the Prince of Persia by shouting “I bind you . . . Holy Ghost fire”, no he fasted and prayed (just the way the Lord did). That is the way to bind (subdue) devils! And we saw how he fled from the Lord . . . until an opportune time. Yes, he exploited several opportunities, like “shall we pay taxes to Caesar or not?” You see, he was tempted in every way just as we are but without sin. Yes, while we are tempted, we should do as he did and depend on him so as to be without sin.
Well, there are things we tried to explain in “human language here”. There are just things we cannot explain from the scriptures in human language but they come with spiritual understanding. That is to say that these things develop with spiritual understanding. We will all be in heaven by the Grace of God and will understand them better than this.
Hos 4:10-12
10 "They will eat but not have enough;
they will engage in prostitution but not increase,
because they have deserted the LORD
to give themselves 11 to prostitution,
to old wine and new,
which take away the understanding 12 of my people.
NIV (Kindly see Amplified version and NLT)

Col 1:9
9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding ;
KJV

3 Likes

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by charybabe: 4:46pm On Nov 03, 2013
what a wonderful write up. pastor may God continue 2 giv u more insight of His word,am very blessed.

2 Likes

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by dudu200: 4:50pm On Nov 03, 2013
thanks for this write up. pls send d e-book to this mail delekedavid2002@yahoo.com thanks and God bless.

2 Likes

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by worth(m): 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2013
lovely,may the Lord Jesus increase u knowledge and strengthen u. by this writeup ,I have begin to know who I am and what God wants me to be.lovely once more, God bless you in Jesus name.l am interested to read more of ur book.my gmail is safesam80 @ gmail.com or email:segzyp4cool @ yahoo.com. thanks for your anticipation. love u.

2 Likes

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by romania: 5:11pm On Nov 03, 2013
map96: So actualli God lied dat dey will die.... N satan is tellin d truth abt deir being lyk God... Wonder wen u pple will remuv dat one frm d bible as u did to oder verses n chapters.... Mtcheew

God did not lie about their death, they actually grew old and died because they had sinned. That is why romans 5:12 says "through one man (adam), sin entered the world and death through sin". So they died.

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by romania: 5:33pm On Nov 03, 2013
Dap07:
i guess u were in a hurry when u posted this. At d bolded, doesn't that statement question his omnipotence?
a plan B, lmfao, meaning he knew man will fall, right? Which begs d question, why did he make the tree accessible to them at first? Was God and Devil involved in sort of a game, with man being d ultimate prize?
I dont think God is good..

GOD IS REALLY GOOD. He did not have plan B initially. All Adam and Eve needed to do was to fill the earth and live on. But it didn't work because of the decision to disobey God that they made. For Gods initial plan to be achieved, Jesus then came in so we can have the opportunity of that happy life free of sickness, struggles and death.
God is good and merciful.
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Kay17: 5:55pm On Nov 03, 2013
Very interesting topic.
The OP must have been tempted to add extraneous materials and implications from his general understanding of his religion. For example, he believes the snake has to be the devil, given that the devil is the opposition to the Christian.

But I want to keep my interpretations pure, without any additions. I will read only within the relevant passage and nothing more.

The opening verse goes: the snake is the cleverest animal in the Garden. This introduction describes an animal, the snake. A peculiar characteristic of the snake is its intellect. It speaks to Eve. The snake is held responsible for its actions, as God cursed it.

The snake being clever/smart (deceptive does not necessarily follow these words in my opinion) informs/educates Eve. That the fruits of the forbidden tree (under the express command of God) does not cause death, rather gives enlightenment and wisdom which is the attribute of God. Enlightenment and Knowledge transforms one to a God!

Thereafter God confirmed it with his Host. The snake did not lie, rather said the truth. The woman saw the fruit, noticed it was pleasant and good, she desired to be wise!

God is angered by their newfound knowledge, especially awareness of their unclothedness.

In verse 22, God says man has become one of us, and upon eating from the tree of Life, he shall live forever! However God does not permit them to eat of the tree of Life. I believe ordinarily that is in bad faith. That ought to be a gift from God to us.

However the curses God rained on Adam and Eve are the cause of suffering in the world today.
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Ibyno(m): 6:04pm On Nov 03, 2013
There was no tree or fruit in that garden, what they serpent did. Was that he make love (sex) with eve, that's was why god course on eve have to do with pregnancy labour, and the result was cain, met a prophetic teacher to lecture you more ,
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by lanlo: 6:11pm On Nov 03, 2013
Pastor t, labummy@gmail.com is my email.
Interested in the bool also. Thanks
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by philfearon(m): 6:46pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ibyno: There was no tree or fruit in that garden, what they serpent did. Was that he make love (sex) with eve, that's was why god course on eve have to do with pregnancy labour, and the result was cain, met a prophetic teacher to lecture you more ,
Chai! ASUU!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

An Open Letter To The Church: How The Church Can Make The World A Better Place / Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 / 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.