Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,198 members, 7,884,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 05:19 AM

About Sap? - Career (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / About Sap? (145873 Views)

Lets Talk About Sap!!! / Knowledge Is Power! Lets Talk About SAP! / What Do You Know About Sap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Sap? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 03, 2011
I heard SAP is presently on a world tour and will be coming to Lagos Nigeria on 6th October 2011. Does anyone know anything about the time and venue oof the event??
Re: About Sap? by Don1Dee(m): 7:09am On Oct 08, 2011
@BAKAREAAT
How can i contact you?
Re: About Sap? by kokoA(m): 5:04pm On Oct 18, 2011
Hey people! don't let the thread die please,
Re: About Sap? by nnaiah: 9:18pm On Oct 18, 2011
In this age of globalization business processes are becoming more and more complex with various interlinked factors and parameters. It is evident that every business has its own opportunities and challenges. But if you delve deep into any business you will find that the basic underlying process is quite similar for all of them. This initiated development of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) packages that could change the way businesses used to be performed decades ago. SAP is one such ERP packages, which has not only helped many enterprises to transform but also helped them to achieve operational excellence.

Read more: http://www.articlesbase.com/computers-articles/do-you-want-to-be-an-sap-consultant-facts-you-must-know-672531.html#ixzz1bANeGbni
Re: About Sap? by kokoA(m): 12:36pm On Oct 19, 2011
Hey people! You guys don't know how much I appreciate all the replies I have read on this post.

I have taken time for about two years (right from when I was in my 400level in the university) now to go through all the pages and I must confess the volume of information here is priceless. Most especially from guys like nnaiah , one other kiwi guy to mention a few. Thanks a lot guys.

With your words of encouragement now I as a youth corper I have been accepted to be a member of an integrated application group of a consulting firm who is an SAP partner for Business-all-in-one. I must tell you guys, I am loving the SAP world! Its awesome and I look forward to more hands-on project to learn more. Thanks guys and I still need your advice on how to do things the right way to succeed in the SAP world. Much love!
Re: About Sap? by markos: 10:51am On Oct 20, 2011
Not been in here for a while, been extremely busy with projects, eventhough I am an SD MM consultant, i guess these days, the new SAP terminology calls it supply chain management, they take elements of order fufillment, supply, logistics, order management, production planning, warehouse management for manufacturing companies, my clients are a manufacturing organisation which means we use production planning for our products, we use a lean warehouse management system for creating storage spaces( storage bins) we still the classic sales and distribution to create orders, deliver and bill customers, we also have an added function of inter-company billing to bill other sales organisations who order our products on behalf of their customers, since we sell products with different components, we use Bills of material to handle this, I have also set up material variants for our sales BOMs so other Sales Org can create similar products and use variant matching functionality to create sales orders, another mini project i am handling is service & repairs for goods sent back from customers, we have to create notification slips, quotations, orders based on warranty, goodwill or free repairs, also involved in an invoice scanning project for finance where supplier invoices are automatically scanned and matched in our system, apart from this, i handle users request to either change or improve SAP functionality, we have recently signed off a BW implementation project, this will be handled by our SAP implementation partners, so that project is likely to be implemented in different phases, BW or BI is a very important business tool to collect data on the business, the SAP standard reporting is so limited and we tend to end up creating a lot of business reports using SQVI or getting our ABAP resource to create reports, so it seems BW is the way forward, also it will add another skillset to my already bulging CV, so it seems i will be ever so busy in the next coming months, we also have issues with integration points between SD-MM FI-CO PP as well, a good consultant these days is supposed to recognise that SAP shares real time data and a sales order for example will have elements taken from materials master, purchasing, MRP, production planning, invoicing ( billing) costs involved posted to either cost centres or profit centres, SAP has definitely come a long way, i can rememeber the early times of versions 3.1 back in the 90s, SAP is still a rewarding career for those that put in all the hard work in order to get there, I have been working with SAP since 1998 and i have come a long way, never worked in Nigeria so dont really know how the market is but i do hear good things, i guess all one needs to do is pass the exams, have good networking skills, build a profile in Linkedin, jobserve, monster.com and hope a company will give you the opportunity to grow and become a top consultant
Re: About Sap? by gistme24(m): 2:38pm On Oct 23, 2011
Am in dare need of TAW materials 10 and 12 for SAP ABAP certification for either Netweaver version 7.0 or 7.02
Really hoping someone can help out.Its really urgent sir!
Re: About Sap? by kokoA(m): 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2011
Hi guys! Am stuck trying to install an ECC component 6.0 on a windows server 2008 enterprise edition, MS SQL database.

I got an error during the 4th phase of installation saying:

ERROR 2011-10-24 07:19:13.605
FCO-00011 The step createAccounts with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_Users_Create_Do|ind|ind|ind|ind|5|0|createAccounts was executed with status ERROR .

I have tried even as a system administrator, also tried as a local and domain installation and yet sam error.

Can anybody here help me out please? Thanks
Re: About Sap? by gistme24(m): 10:03am On Oct 26, 2011
@nnaiah

anyway you could please help me in getting my hands on SAP ABAP certification materials will be highly appreciated.

gistme24@gmail.com

Desperately expectant.
Re: About Sap? by crispgg: 9:35pm On Oct 30, 2011
I would appreciate it if I could lay hands on sample SAP FI questions and answers. I'm preparing for the exams and dont know how I get past questions. SAP just posts like six questions on their website. Please forward same to olofamojo@yahoo.com.
Re: About Sap? by accospace: 12:20pm On Nov 02, 2011
Hello people.

It's been a while! One has been sucked deep in a lot of SAPpy activiites.

My contribution is just to add that those still interested in getting the right resources to aid their SAP certification efforts should drop me a mail at accospace@ymail.com.We provide advice, mentorship and guidance in the SAP career path; all backed by over six years home-grown experience in the SAP world.

For those who require training and may not be able to go through the more expensive route, do also get in touch via the email address provided.

Only serious enquiries please!

All the best.
Re: About Sap? by pinkgems(f): 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2011
hi, i am a 400level student,studying statistics/computer science,i have been researching on an area to actually build a career,then i came across SAP. i am honestly naive about the whole module,can somebody please put me through a step by step procedure in building a career in SAP. I REALLY need a thorough breakdown, tnx
Re: About Sap? by nnaiah: 11:25am On Nov 10, 2011
Hi,

I have added BusinessWarehouse 7.x,  Web intelligence 3.1 SP3,    Universe design  3.1 SP3 and dashboarding to

my Netweaver admin skill set since the middle of the year .It was not cheap anyway.you can send me a mail,if you

are interested in any of the skills. (ngsapmasterdata@gmail.com) This HANA sef,una get am make we try am.I don

read every readable on am.

Do you know any HANA remote server for training?

HANA on my mind day and night!
Re: About Sap? by nnaiah: 12:07pm On Nov 10, 2011
Redbull migrates BW to HANA – I am suitably impressed

SAP allowed some of us bloggers to interact with Christian Stoxreiter of Redbull. They just finished migrating their BW system to HANA. We will see him during Vishal’s keynote tomorrow I think explaining in more detail. I am a big fan of Christian now after he made the comment “We want to be dynamic and flexible, but we are NOT stupid. I know the difference between marketing slides and actual technology limitations”.

There is a lot that impressed me with this .

Redbull has been an SAP customer for 11 years. They have ECC, CRM and BW. The BW system which is 1.5 TB in size was moved to HANA platform and now the data size is 300 GB. What is even more impressive is that 200 GB out of this is in row model, which means once the data models are rationalized – it will get even smaller.

It took just 10 days to migrate BW to HANA. Of course this included working night shifts and all, and had the best of SAP techies on the job. The relationship between SAP and Redbull has been at board level from SAP, with Vishal Sikka being involved directly. But even then, that is quite a short period to pull this off.

Redbull did not see a big improvement in query performance because they were already using BWA. Moreover, they found that HANA does not have all the features that BWA gave them. But they think this is ok, because SAP is commited to working with them to put in features in future revisions of HANA. However, ETL performance improved in some cases from 50 minutes to 2 minutes. This is a big value add for them since their total ETL time to get global data from 39 countries to a single BW instance was 32 hours or so.

Redbull thinks HANA is a great investment for them. They are not doing HANA for just BW alone. They want to influence SAP on Trade Promotions Management on HANA. They also have key areas in ECC where they want SAP to make things better. Redbull thinks they can influence SAP due to the first mover advantage. I think they are thinking smart here – sounds like a good strategy to me too.

Redbull’s BW on HANA is running in parallel to their disk based BW system now, and there is no clear answer yet from SAP on when they can put BW on HANA as stand alone without running parallel. But apparently that decision will be taken by next Monday on the time frame. Redbull is fully aware of limitations in HA/DR etc, and made an educated investment and they believe that it will pay off in spades down the line. I think this is pretty smart of them since it is a product that is gaining rapid market share ac, and will face an information explosion. My making an investment now, they will be well placed to concentrate on business without worrying about handling all the data that comes in future, including unstructured data, social media feeds etc.

Redbull has a clear vision for ECC running on HANA in future, with no aggregate tables etc. Again – smart in my opinion, since this is key to get SAP to create cutting edge new innovations on the core.

I have been fairly critical of SAP on several aspects of HANA. But this one is different – and I am glad to say SAP did an excellent job, as did Redbull. Good luck, and I am eager to see how BW on HANA will evolve. Maybe we will get more in keynote tomorrow.

http://andvijaysays./2011/11/09/redbull-migrates-bw-to-hana-i-am-suitably-impressed/
Re: About Sap? by kokoA(m): 1:07pm On Nov 10, 2011
pinkgems:

hi, i am a 400level student,studying statistics/computer science,i have been researching on an area to actually build a career,then i came across SAP. i am honestly naive about the whole module,can somebody please put me through a step by step procedure in building a career in SAP. I REALLY need a thorough breakdown, tnx

You really have made the rigth choice. i will encourage you to go through this thread from the first page, you will be surprised at the information you would have gathered when you are done. I did that to, cheers.
Re: About Sap? by otesy: 9:38am On Nov 22, 2011
Experienced SAP FI, BI, GRC, MM certified consultants needed for a project starting in January 2012 in Lagos, Nigeria. Interested, send cv to sapjobsng@gmail.com, Also, require an experienced Project Manager with exposure to SAP Implementations.
Re: About Sap? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2011
@NNainh

HANA is good. But, its not a straight forward application like BW. Apart from SAP BW and SAP BI experience, you will need experience in SQL and ABAP. Without these, HANA will not be of much use to you as a consultant. But just like you, i will position myself HANA

To me, the most important thing to learn now is the Business process of each company. Look at Markos post above. Can you understand the flow from OTC to CO to P2P to PP to WM to QA to OTC again to FI. Understanding the business process is the most important factor for a Technical consultant now.

Remember that most of the extremely technical job are been outsource now. Focus on understanding the Business process.

Will chat with you anytime i see u online
Re: About Sap? by nnaiah: 9:11pm On Dec 05, 2011
@Japaidor

HANA is more straight forward than BW.

Check out the data modeling and reporting tools that goes with it HANA versus the BW modeling tools,BWA and BEX.

Use web intelligence tools or dashboard tools,in fact you will younger, if you dey use BEX,you go dey feel like say

your oga wan punish you.BEX no try at all. , and not forgetting the unique selling feature of HANA,which is

speed.Depending on what you do ,one might not need SQL and ABAP that much for example ,the HANA admin.Even

the ABAP no follow,if na python and SQL i for go begin roll my agbada for python ultimate search.

To understand the business process of the SAP app and the business process of the client is really the most

important knowledge area,a functional consultant needs and not so much for technical consultant.

An experienced consultant should know that the business process of a client must be done thoroughly at

requirement gathering phase in order to reduce change request especially here in 9ja .

Outsourcing of technical jobs is really nothing new as long as independent consultant live.it is normal and will even

grow bigger this time around----India is taking over big time.

Thank you for your advise on focusing on understanding business processes.Hope to chat with your soon.

For all of us that do not want to contribute,you only come here to grab knowledge and run,it is wrong.

Contribute,share your knowledge for heaven sake.na wa for u.una worse pass politicians.i no go beg again ,na to

go blog straight away.Okada carry me go blog str,dis guys get mind,make i check weda markos n kiwi dey dia.
Re: About Sap? by crispgg: 1:44pm On Dec 09, 2011
Hello All,

I just passed my SAP FI consultant certification exams with a score of 76%.

I want to thank all the professionals and contributors on this thread. While I had an idea of what SAP was, you reignited the passion in me and made it so hot that I had to make the huge financial commitment required for the training.

Meanwhile, I will like to know how to get into projects and advance my career as an FI consultant.

@ Otesy, can a junior inexperienced FI consultant apply for the job you posted?

1 Like

Re: About Sap? by abiola2011: 4:43pm On Dec 13, 2011
@crispgg, Congrate to you,I want to ask if you can help with any question for SAP FI,
regards
Re: About Sap? by BAKAREAAT(m): 4:49pm On Dec 13, 2011
crispgg:

Hello All,

I want to thank all the professionals and contributors on this thread. While I had an idea of what SAP was, you reignited the passion in me and made it so hot that I had to make the huge financial commitment required for the training.

Meanwhile, I will like to know how to get into projects and advance my career as an FI consultant.

Please,how is the certification exam?as in breakdown of questions asked?
Re: About Sap? by kokoA(m): 5:33pm On Dec 13, 2011
crispgg:

Hello All,

Congrats Bro
Re: About Sap? by crispgg: 7:29pm On Dec 13, 2011
@abiola2011 and bakareaat

The questions follow the pattern outlined in the SAP areas of concentration which you will find online at their website. They change the areas of concentration every few months so you have to be sure to check before you sit for your exams.

The most questions from my exams came from and Dunning Automatic Payment Program, Asset Accounting, and Accounts Receivable.

Very few questions are directly asked. And you have to think deep to ensure that you don't pick the wrong option.

There are questions that have four options with two correct answers, five options with three correct answers, questions with just one correct answer. No fill in the gap in my own exams although they mentioned it in the instructions.

My advise is this. Read your manuals again and again, even if you have to read it like 10 times through to know it in and out. No question comes from outside the scope of the books.

When you are actually ready to write your exams let me know, and I might be able to give you some more info.
Re: About Sap? by abiola2011: 5:26am On Dec 14, 2011
crispgg:thanks for ur response,I have seat for my first exam few days ago and I score 54%, I notice the questions are the same but the numbering of this question is just diff.I read my material many time again and agin before I seat for the exam,I have started reading again,and I will be so greatfull if you can give me some addition info, thanks
Re: About Sap? by crispgg: 9:09am On Dec 14, 2011
@abiola2011

Whats your email address
Re: About Sap? by kokoA(m): 9:46am On Dec 14, 2011
Please, any BASIS certified person here? I want to know what the exam questions are like
Re: About Sap? by abiola2011: 11:39am On Dec 14, 2011
@ crispgg,
Thanks,here is my email address. abiola4realoliyide@yahoo.com
Regards
Re: About Sap? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 14, 2011
-
Re: About Sap? by kokoA(m): 4:34pm On Dec 19, 2011
Hey SAP gurus in the house!

I have been trying to import Best practices add on for chemical industry into an ECC 6.0 platform and it has been on the MAIN_IMPORT stage for about five days now with no end in site. Is this normal?

If you ve had similar experience before, how long did it take you?
Re: About Sap? by samueladdy: 10:55pm On Jan 28, 2012
Hey,

We do IDES installation on Window server 2003 and 2008

Kindly call Sam 08060896779
Re: About Sap? by kelvjoe: 12:41am On Jan 31, 2012
for those who need the SAP ECC 6.0 server at an affordable price call 08185446081

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (48) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Salary Structure? / Welcome To My Office / Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.