Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,313 members, 7,881,143 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:20 PM

Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? (1884 Views)

Are Present Pastors Really Acting Like Christ / "I'd Be A Christian If It Were Not For The Christians!" / Jesus Christ Was A Liberal Not Conservative, Christians Should Live Like Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Yeah, we are all work in progress, though we already are like Christ 'cos of our new nature, but we mature to the stature of His fullness as we continue in Him daily

Hahah... Post of the year. You're a finished product and a work in progress at the same time. Lol.
Re: Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? by Ajibam: 8:36pm On Nov 01, 2013
aManFromMars:

Hahah... Post of the year. You're a finished product and a work in progress at the same time. Lol.

you are a finished product because your salvation is already stamped and you are a new creature..
you must progress,grow and mature by leaving milk for bone. Christianity is a continuous way to perfection.

if you are looking for a road for a long time and somebody led you to the road (you are now perfect to have have found the road)..will you just sit there??
No.
you will have to continue and continue till you reach your destination (heaven )

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:49am On Nov 03, 2013
Gombs:

Fixed
grin grin

His worst nightmare. cheesy
Re: Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? by PastorOluT(m): 10:05am On Nov 03, 2013
aManFromMars:

I use to think atheists are intelligent set of people till I joined NL. Smile, even a secondary school kid understand paradox!
Re: Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? by PastorOluT(m): 10:07am On Nov 03, 2013
Ajibam:

you are a finished product because your salvation is already stamped and you are a new creature..
you must progress,grow and mature by leaving milk for bone. Christianity is a continuous way to perfection.

if you are looking for a road for a long time and somebody led you to the road (you are now perfect to have have found the road)..will you just sit there??
No.
you will have to continue and continue till you reach your destination (heaven )

Thanks for answering him, he really need to understand elementary things.

Besides I never knew u are lady, I have always seen u as a guy.

Happy Sunday
Re: Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? by Boomark(m): 5:49am On Nov 04, 2013
frosbel:

I certainly never saw or experienced Christ in you - tongue grin

Most of what i have seen in Olaadegbu are lies, dodging honest questions, calling and a little truth.

As for Abijan abi Ajiban that said something about secret, if Christ is a secret believer, you will not know him not to talk of following his footsteps cos it will be hidden from you.

Why people where following Christ was because they saw what he was doing. When people see you, they will say, "these are Christians and i like them," and they will follow you. With that you have led someone to Christ.

Making disciples of all nations is not by just preaching. Let your character be the first to preach and they will easily follow you when you approach them.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? by Boomark(m): 7:21am On Nov 04, 2013
@Pastor and Abijan

Hebrews 5:12-13
New Living Translation (NLT)
12 You have been believers so long
now that you ought to be teaching
others. Instead, you need someone
to teach you again the basic things
about God’s word. You are like
babies who need milk and cannot
eat solid food. 13 For someone
who lives on milk is still an infant
and doesn’t know how to do what
is right.

If a pastor should tell me that he is still taking milk, infact....

Milk is for new convert, those who don't know how to do right as Christians. The words of righteousness they were taught, they don't do it.

Before you start misunderstanding me, know that Christians are declared righteous first by their faith(ie agreement to follow Christ). Now when ignore righteousness or do the opposite, do you think Christ will count you as one that ACTS like him?

Stumbling and pressing towards righteousness in every deed(this chewing bone due to our nature) is different from drinking milk(remaining in not doing what is right) in some areas and chewing bone in few other areas.

So tell me are you both and others still drinking milk?
Re: Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? by troy20(m): 9:13am On Nov 04, 2013
As ambiguous as religion and their various dogma is, one thing has always been true actions convey any message.As pastors...we talk too much.fine empty words,complex idealistic languages,we shout, scream,all to create awe,hightened image of ourselvse to our audience on the pulpit...but where is the message.all we get are people who come out entertained but again where is the message.how many people walk out of that church aiming to be christlike, christians None cause that was not the message that day...it never was.its all the more for what we can get.the checks our sowed seeds has written which our blessings cant wait to cash.
Re: Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:14am On Nov 04, 2013
Boomark:

Most of what i have seen in Olaadegbu are lies, dodging honest questions, calling and a little truth.

As for Abijan abi Ajiban that said something about secret, if Christ is a secret believer, you will not know him not to talk of following his footsteps cos it will be hidden from you.

Why people where following Christ was because they saw what he was doing. When people see you, they will say, "these are Christians and i like them," and they will follow you. With that you have led someone to Christ.

Making disciples of all nations is not by just preaching. Let your character be the first to preach and they will easily follow you when you approach them.

You are busy seeing others in the mirror when you should be examining yourself whether you are in the faith in the first place. Don't be a busy body in other men's matters.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? by Boomark(m): 11:29am On Nov 04, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You are busy seeing others in the mirror when you should examining yourself whether you are in the faith in the first place. Don't be a busy body in other men's matters.

Are you still drinking milk? Don't you know that your faith without work is DEAD with milk in your mouth?

This matter is about our Lord Jesus, unless you are here to represent men.

I believe those my friends understood where i was going but for your case, i tire. Did someone call you a pastor?
Re: Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:44pm On Nov 04, 2013
Boomark:

Are you still drinking milk? Don't you know that your faith without work is DEAD with milk in your mouth?

Thank God for milk at least it shows that 'am a living baby. A dead person doesn't drink milk, do they?

Boomark:

This matter is about our Lord Jesus, unless you are here to represent men.

I believe those my friends understood where i was going but for your case, i tire. Did someone call you a pastor?

You, frosbel and all your JW's friends don't even understand who the Lord Jesus Christ is since you don't believe that He is God in human form. Maybe when you get born into the family of God you will then be able to drink the milk of the word of God and see yourself clearly when you look at the perfect law of liberty and make amends.

4 Likes

Re: Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2013
The problem is that many people are turned off from the version of Christianity many here on Nairaland support , with all the false doctrines, lies, pagan ritual , gimmicks and threats - no wonder Gandhi said " I like your Jesus but I do not like your Christians".

Also, one would have thought that with the huge number of Christians in Nigeria the light will be overcoming the darkness, instead what we see is worse sins being committed by the so called Christians and the land generally under the spell of evil despite the millions who supposedly follow Jesus.

What happened to the success Paul and early believers had when they turned the world upside down ? Are the millions of believers in Nigeria following Jesus to the point where they will "love not their lives unto death " or are they following him " supposing that godliness is gain ". Think about it.

Instead we have turned the gospel of Jesus into a joke.
Re: Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? by Boomark(m): 1:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Thank God for milk at least it shows that 'am a living baby. A dead person doesn't drink milk, do they?

You, frosbel and all your JW's friends don't even understand who the Lord Jesus Christ is since you don't believe that He is God in human form. Maybe when you get born into the family of God you will then be able to drink the milk of the word of God and see yourself clearly when you look at the perfect law of liberty and make amends.

Good to know that you are still drinking milk. According to Hebrew 5:13, drinkers of milk are those that don't know how to right. So don't be puffed up when we are teaching you. Humbly ask frosbel questions whenever you are confused. I am also available likewise the JWs. We will be happy to help you.

My Lord told me that his Father, his God is also my God, Rev 3:12. with that i now understood what it mean when it say, "To us there is One God, the Father..." even though there are those who are called Gods in heaven and on earth. Don't digress or you will be sorry that you can't define trinity as a reasonable person.

Be humble, Drink a lot milk first and be acquainted with the taste to prepare you to chew this kine bone. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2013
frosbel:

The problem is that many people are turned off from the version of Christianity many here on Nairaland support , with all the false doctrines, lies, pagan ritual , gimmicks and threats - no wonder Gandhi said " I like your Jesus but I do not like your Christians".

Also, one would have thought that with the huge number of Christians in Nigeria the light will be overcoming the darkness, instead what we see is worse sins being committed by the so called Christians and the land generally under the spell of evil despite the millions who supposedly follow Jesus.

What happened to the success Paul and early believers had when they turned the world upside down ? Are the millions of believers in Nigeria following Jesus to the point where they will "love not their lives unto death " or are they following him " supposing that godliness is gain ". Think about it.

Instead we have turned the gospel of Jesus into a joke.

What is your own version of "Christianity" that is worth emulating? You don't believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ. You don't believe in going to heaven after you die. You don't believe in a continual consciousness and relationship with the Lord after death.... Tell us what kind of gospel you want the populace to believe? The Church is marching on and the gates of hell shall not prevail. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:37pm On Nov 04, 2013
Boomark:

Good to know that you are still drinking milk. According to Hebrew 5:13, drinkers of milk are those that don't know how to right. So don't be puffed up when we are teaching you. Humbly ask frosbel questions whenever you are confused. I am also available likewise the JWs. We will be happy to help you.

I believe you will start chewing bone soon. Cheers.

Thank God you're not JW. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? by Boomark(m): 1:53pm On Nov 04, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

I edited that post to teach you more about the God of Abraham, our God. And also thank the JW wherever you see them. Do not persecute them.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 04, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

What is your own version of "Christianity" that is worth emulating? You don't believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ. You don't believe in going to heaven after you die. You don't believe in a continual consciousness and relationship with the Lord after death.... Tell us what kind of gospel you want the populace to believe? The Church is marching on and the gates of hell shall not prevail. cheesy

What church ? Babylon or Christ.

Of course, the church of Christ is marching on, the question however is , do you belong to this church, especially since you misrepresent Christ on almost all fronts.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
frosbel:

What church ? Babylon or Christ.

Of course, the church of Christ is marching on, the question however is , do you belong to this church, especially since you misrepresent Christ on almost all fronts.

smiley

Is this Jesus you're referring to God in human form?

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? by Joshthefirst(m): 3:12pm On Nov 04, 2013
1 timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
(KJV)

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Is this Jesus you're referring to God in human form?

No, God is not a Human.

Jesus is a MAN, the Son of GOD not GOD the Son which is a Pagan derivative.

smiley
Re: Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 04, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

The problem is, the JWs are more sound in their doctrine that you and your deeperlife club.

Of course I do not agree with all their doctrines, but rather them than deeperlife. shocked

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 04, 2013
frosbel:

No, God is not a Human.

Jesus is a MAN, the Son of GOD not GOD the Son which is a Pagan derivative.

smiley
Is Jesus still now a Man?
Re: Where Are The Christians Who Act Like Christ ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:52am On Nov 06, 2013
frosbel:

The problem is, the JWs are more sound in their doctrine that you and your deeperlife club.

Of course I do not agree with all their doctrines, but rather them than deeperlife. shocked

Thank God its just an aligator, I thought it was JW. cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Catholics Praying For Our Nation's Peace At Oke Maria In Osun(photos) / Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? / Save A Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.