Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,168 members, 7,880,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:53 PM

Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures (29362 Views)

9 Reasons Why Nigerian Universities Are Better Than Polytechnics / Hilarious Facts About Most Nigerian Universities / 11 Nigerian Universities Are Substandard – NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Obrafour(m): 7:29am On Nov 01, 2013
tsleazy: he didnt ask any1 to come back or not travel....the Ghana ur talking about, went on a 2yr strike b4 becoming what they are today...
That Strike was successful under a Military regime, it can't be successful under democracy.

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by tsleazy(m): 7:44am On Nov 01, 2013
Obrafour: That Strike was successful under a Military regime, it can't be successful under democracy.
the point i'm making, is that they also had strikes in the past...uk are about to embark on a strike...9ja still has one of the best educational system in africa
Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 01, 2013
tsleazy: he didnt ask any1 to come back or not travel....the Ghana ur talking about, went on a 2yr strike b4 becoming what they are today...
Okay, he's asking no one to come back. So what's his main point? Why Is he complaining?

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by tsleazy(m): 7:55am On Nov 01, 2013
Rehnoy: Okay, he's asking no one to come back. So what's his main point? Why Is he complaining?
he is not complaining, he's stating a true fact...
Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Obrafour(m): 8:05am On Nov 01, 2013
Rehnoy: Okay, he's asking no one to come back. So what's his main point? Why Is he complaining?
I guess the Operator is of the opinion that, "failed jamb students" seeking admission into limited spaces in Nigerian universities should keep writing Jamb exams even though their WAEC grades equally allows them to seek admission elsewhere. Imagine the number of sch00l drop0uts if nigerians should heed to his advice.

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 01, 2013
Obrafour: I guess the Operator is of the opinion that, "failed jamb students" seeking admission into limited spaces in Nigerian universities should keep writing Jamb exams even though their WAEC grades equally allows them to seek admission elsewhere. Imagine the number of sch00l drop0uts if nigerians should heed to his advice.
Azin my brother, no be small tin ooo.
Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Aksonman: 8:19pm On Nov 01, 2013
Obrafour: I guess the Operator is of the opinion that, "failed jamb students" seeking admission into limited spaces in Nigerian universities should keep writing Jamb exams even though their WAEC grades equally allows them to seek admission elsewhere. Imagine the number of sch00l drop0uts if nigerians should heed to his advice.

'I guess' one of the underlining benefits of this thread is that whenever Ghanaians (like you) try to insult Nigeria by boasting about the high number of Nigerians seeking admission into Ghanaian universities; some of us (Nigerians) can respond by saying, "Haba,most of them failed JAMB o." grin

Other than that,I was merely sharing an observation,dats all!

8 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Obrafour(m): 8:46pm On Nov 01, 2013
Akson man:

'I guess' one of the underlining benefits of this thread is that whenever Ghanaians (like you) try to insult Nigeria by boasting about the high number of Nigerians seeking admission into Ghanaian universities; some of us (Nigerians) can respond by saying, "Haba,most of them failed JAMB o." grin

Other than that,I was merely sharing an observatioan thats all!

I guess Ghanaians bring in the educational ish when Nigerians(like you) always feel there is a blueprint that says compare Ghana to Nigeria whenever you feel frustrated by situations in Nigeria. The growing utterances and constant reference to Ghana by 0bjective Nigerians and the world over on the rapid economic and political gains the smaller country(Ghana) continues to make, makes you feel entitled to denigrate Ghanaians to feel validated and thereby make excuses for elected officials.

Turning Jamb failures into productive force in Nigeria by Ghanaian educational institutions speaks volumes about the quality of education in Ghana.

13 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by ocheejemb: 12:51pm On Nov 04, 2013
Akson man: Regularly we are inundated with fairy tale news about how wonderful Ghanaian universities are.

Of course ASUU strikes/government neglect have made university education in Nigeria a nightmare,but in the last decade Nigeria has come up with several private universities with fantastic structures populated by Nigerian students.

Ghana has some pretty universities too,but many Nigerian students often go for some strange Ghanaian universities that are just 3 storey buildings along a street corner.

GUESS WHAT?
The main reason why many some Nigerians rush to Ghanaian universities is because THEY CAN'T PASS JAMB.
In Ghana,once you pass WAEC and u can afford tuition,admission to any Ghanaian university is certain. Unlike in Nigeria where regardless of the university you want to enter,you must first attain a descent JAMB score,plus POST-UME results.

This is the true story of the mad rush to Ghanaian universities

You that passed JAMB, your school is on strike. You are here talking nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 04, 2013
Such a dumb topic! angry
I guess Nigerian students in Europe also failed jamb.

Dummies in nairaland are increasing day by day

20 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by bionicdude(m): 12:54pm On Nov 04, 2013
whether they failed jamb or not does not rule out the fact that they are getting quality education that is also strike free

5 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by nerodenero: 12:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
oluafolabi: LOL! Same thing I was discussing with someone some weeks ago.

Most times our lecturers complain that the reasons many students are going to neighbouring countries to school is because of our low education standard here, which is a terrible lie. Most of those Ghanaian universities still can't match up in standard with our UI,OAU,UNILORIN,UNILAG and some top naija schools.

The major reason why most students run away to Benin, Ghana, Togo to study is because the competition for admission is not as stiff as it is here. Most of them that cheated in WAEC and couldn't pass UTME or POSTUTME would prefer to 'use their money' to study in schools where there is no competition for entrance. Most times in advertisement for such schools you see phrases like 'No Entrance Exam needed'. What kind of school is that?.

This is the same ish with Folks running to Ukraine to study medicine. They don't need entrance exams too, no wonder majority of 'em failed in the last MDCN exams.
Well said but the irony of it is that the employers of labour still offer employment more to those that studied abroad at the expense of graduates from local universities in Nigeria. Aside all these comparisons, our educational sector still needs a total overhaul.

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by MrAboki: 12:57pm On Nov 04, 2013
Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Obrafour(m): 1:01pm On Nov 04, 2013
Choi! This place is about to
3xplode. Moderators, I blame you for making this Thread a Front Page.
Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by UjSizzle(f): 1:01pm On Nov 04, 2013
True to an extent grin

4 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by MrAboki: 1:01pm On Nov 04, 2013
Akson man: Regularly we are inundated with fairy tale news about how wonderful Ghanaian universities are.

Of course ASUU strikes/government neglect have made university education in Nigeria a nightmare,but in the last decade Nigeria has come up with several private universities with fantastic structures populated by Nigerian students.

Ghana has some pretty universities too,but many Nigerian students often go for some strange Ghanaian universities that are just 3 storey buildings along a street corner.

GUESS WHAT?
The main reason why many some Nigerians rush to Ghanaian universities is because THEY CAN'T PASS JAMB.
In Ghana,once you pass WAEC and u can afford tuition,admission to any Ghanaian university is certain. Unlike in Nigeria where regardless of the university you want to enter,you must first attain a descent JAMB score,plus POST-UME results.

This is the true story of the mad rush to Ghanaian universities

Ask for that Backyard university matter in Ghana... grin

Any Nigerian Graduate of Ghana that didnt attend the following schools;

1. KNUST Kumasi (My alma Mater)
2. University of Ghana (Legon)
3. University of Mines and Technology (Tarkwa)
4. University of Cape Coast

I wonder wetin you go find for Ghana.. You should have attended BAbcock Uni in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by AreaFada2: 1:02pm On Nov 04, 2013
What I learnt from a Ghanaian is that most of the lecturers have MSc or professional qualification. She doesn't seem to think much of research or degrees got through research like MPhil or PhD.

That only means they have poorer quality faculty/lecturers.

Despite their stable academic calendar, less qualified staff means lower quality education.

You cannot give what you don't have.

3 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by MrAboki: 1:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
carr101: Such a dumb topic! angry
I guess Nigerian students in Europe also failed jamb.

Dummies in nairaland are increasing day by day

I dont think he is after the Nigerians that school in Ghana in general, he is attacking those that attend some rather shaddy mushroom Unis in Ghana which I am well aware of.

The Number of Unis that sprung up in Ghana because of Nigerian Students are just too many to count.

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by nerodenero: 1:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
Mr Aboki: At the beginning of every semester, I always had my full results pasted on the board and as at the day I graduated, I didnt have to run around gathering my scores and looking for my second year score in any subject.
I had to run from pillar-to-post to gather must results just because one foolish-God-forsaken-never-do-well-idiot refused to do his job. Graduating was like hell cry. You run after your Project-Supervisors to approve your project topic and proof-read accordingly like your life depended on it. It is indeed rough in Nigerian universities. It must not continue like this. The system is sick, it needs a enough dosage of drugs to cure.
Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Obrafour(m): 1:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
tsleazy: the point i'm making, is that they also had strikes in the past...uk are about to embark on a strike... 9ja still has one of the best educational system in africa
So why must you poo Ghana's educational system simply because more Nigerians are offering to study there?

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Obrafour(m): 1:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
*M0difi3d*
Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Luckygurl(f): 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2013
I can relate to this cos I have two people over there and they suffered in the hands of Jamb before leaving d shores of this country.
All the same they still have an advantage over us ~uninterrupted academic calendar~
Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
I took jamb once at the age of 15 and passed with flying colors (268) but when I went to UNN to write the post ume and saw ladies take a sh*t and pee into buckets, I just gave up! I got an admission to study medicine but turned it down! Cos I wasn't interested in the course and the school! ...... Also turned down studying medicine in midrand uni south Africa!....

I chose Ghana cos I got the course I wanted tongue
It had nothing to do with jamb!

8 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2013
[size=28pt] op how e take concern us?? [/size] angry
Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Sike(m): 1:08pm On Nov 04, 2013
And so?
Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by nerodenero: 1:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
carr101: I took jamb once at the age of 15 and passed with flying colors (268) but when I went to UNN to write the post ume and saw ladies take a sh*t and pee into buckets, I just gave up! I got an admission to study medicine but turned it down! Cos I wasn't interested in the course and the school! ...... Also turned down studying medicine in midrand uni south Africa!....

I chose Ghana cos I got the course I wanted tongue
It had nothing to do with jamb!
Those that have head, don't have caps and those that have caps, don't have head.
Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 04, 2013
christlyke: Trash!!! Look at the case of someone who passed his/her postume with a 60mark so the person should remain at home and take jamb for the upteenth time because say e nr wan go ghana....nonsense!!!, absolute trash.

Some ghanian medical schools for a yr they pay upto a million naira ,pls tell me hw much is medicine in Abuad,.yu'all are just silly jobless haters. I M A NIGERIAN neither do i school in ghana.

So they are not failures, but will only take away job opportunities from you.

This is what we are talking about, this guy couldn't pass jamb so he went to Ghana.
Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Obrafour(m): 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Ask for that Backyard university matter in Ghana... grin

Any Nigerian Graduate of Ghana that didnt attend the following schools;

1. KNUST Kumasi (My alma Mater)
2. University of Ghana (Legon)
3. University of Mines and Technology (Tarkwa)
4. University of Cape Coast

I wonder wetin you go find for Ghana.. You should have attended BAbcock Uni in Nigeria.
Private Universities like Central, Vallew View and Ashesi are also competitive.
Don't forget, the colleges in Nigeria can't take all students, this in my opinion make them opt for Ghanaian instituitions as well.

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by texazzpete(m): 1:12pm On Nov 04, 2013
usibengate: I think d op had made a vry germane point. With d fact dat nija university system is in a state of abysmal, dismal & unda funded, i'm stil of d opinion dat nija graduate is stil more brilliant & intelligent, mentally, physicaly and otherwise dan their over proported well funded counterpart in ghana. Cos it's d nigerian lazy, dullard, serial exams faillures, fun seekers and unserious students dat are always embracing ghana university. I wonda if any... Any ghanian university student can make 200 and above in JAMB

LMAO!
Surely, you jest! Go to any topic on Nairaland that discusses the ASUU strike and see how truly 'brilliant, intelligent and smart' the contributions are from the undergraduates that respond.
Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2013
Obrafour: Private Universities like Central, Vallew View and Ashesi are also competitive.
Don't forget, the colleges in Nigeria can't take all students, this in my opinion make them opt for Ghanaian instituitions as well.

Central uni college is quite good smiley
Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Lilimax(f): 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2013
oche_ejemb:

You that passed JAMB, your school is on strike. You are here talking nonsense.
grin

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2013
hahahahaha.. I know where this thread is heading to..*spreads mat and grabs popcorn*...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Schools In Awka, Anambra Closed (Photos) / Oou Post Ume/de Is Out. Details Here. / This Disable Man Crawls Half Kilometer Every Day To School In Niger State(photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.