Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,470 members, 7,968,304 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 12:59 AM

'they Can't Be Under- 17 Players' - Iran’s Coach Doubts Eaglets’ Ages - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'they Can't Be Under- 17 Players' - Iran’s Coach Doubts Eaglets’ Ages (640 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans / 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'they Can't Be Under- 17 Players' - Iran’s Coach Doubts Eaglets’ Ages by IamDrock(m): 6:50am On Oct 31, 2013
The head coach of the Iranian U-17 side, Ali Doustimehr has congratulated the Golden Eaglets over their qualification for the quarter final of the ongoing FIFA cadet World Cup in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) but has raised dust on their ages.
“The Eaglets were the better side. I am happy with FIFA for bringing up such tournament which has helped to ensure peace and friendship among the youths of the world. I have been in this job for over 30 years and I have been coaching the National team for 20 years. The way the Eaglets played today (yesterday) and in their matches showed that they can’t be teenagers but if they are truly within the age bracket, it shows that Nigeria will have a very strong national team in the future.
“I didn’t say that they are overage but if they truly Under 17 I wish them luck. My players are young and inexperienced and it counted against Nigeria,” Doustimehr admitted in a press conference after the match.
However, Eaglets’ Head Coach, Manu Garba has threatened to drag Doustimehr to FIFA if he doesn’t withdraw the statement credited to him. http://www.nigerianeye.com/2013/10/they-cant-be-under-17-players-irans.html?m=1
Re: 'they Can't Be Under- 17 Players' - Iran’s Coach Doubts Eaglets’ Ages by AdeniyiA(m): 7:34am On Oct 31, 2013
looser's statement, he can't still believe the four goals
Re: 'they Can't Be Under- 17 Players' - Iran’s Coach Doubts Eaglets’ Ages by Chazzyboy: 9:12am On Oct 31, 2013
Fear fear
Re: 'they Can't Be Under- 17 Players' - Iran’s Coach Doubts Eaglets’ Ages by IamDrock(m): 10:39am On Oct 31, 2013
Adeniyi A.:
looser's statement, he can't still believe the four goals
but thats fact.. Those people are in their 30s

(1) (Reply)

Yahaya, Nigeria’s Young Iniesta / Presidential Reception For 2013 Golden Eaglets (live Programme) / 5 Nigerians Make 25-man Shortlist For CAF African Player Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.