Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,358 members, 7,891,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 03:14 PM

Bank Draft In Canadian Dollars - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bank Draft In Canadian Dollars (5734 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Nigerians To Pay UK Visa Application Fee In Dollars! / 2 Nigerian Students Face Deportation At A Canadian University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Draft In Canadian Dollars by aksamadak(m): 10:54am On Jul 10, 2008
Please I want to know how to secure a bank draft in Canadian Dollars. I have been to almost all the banks I know in Lagos. I was told they only process US Dollars, Euro and Pound Sterlings. I need the Bank draft to process my immigration as Skilled Migrant applicant to Canada. You can contact me at aksamadak@yahoo.com or 08024021616.
Thanks
Re: Bank Draft In Canadian Dollars by Delta007(m): 12:19pm On Jul 10, 2008
Get a Bank Draft in USD.
Re: Bank Draft In Canadian Dollars by aksamadak(m): 1:08pm On Jul 10, 2008
The Canadan Embassy when it comes to immigration visa payment for skilled workers  accepts no other payment but bank draft in Canadan Dollars.
Thanks
Re: Bank Draft In Canadian Dollars by Delta007(m): 1:38pm On Jul 10, 2008
aksamadak:

The Canadan Embassy when it comes to immigration visa payment for skilled workers accepts no other payment but bank draft in Canadan Dollars.
Thanks
Which Canadian Embassy are you talking about? As far as I know, most Canadian embassies accept US funds or local funds.
Re: Bank Draft In Canadian Dollars by aksamadak(m): 1:58pm On Jul 10, 2008
The Canadian Embassy for Skilled Immigrant[/color] can only be processed in Ghana.
To submit the application in what they termed the Simplified process[color=#990000]
requires one to submit a bank draft only in Canadian Dollars with one's application before it can be processed.
Thanks
Re: Bank Draft In Canadian Dollars by kaysie83: 2:09pm On Jul 10, 2008
aksa,
Your fees can be paid in us or ghanaian currency, go and check out their website.
Re: Bank Draft In Canadian Dollars by Delta007(m): 2:15pm On Jul 10, 2008
aksamadak:

The Canadian Embassy for Skilled Immigrant[/color] can only be processed in Ghana.
To submit the application in what they termed the Simplified process[color=#990000]
requires one to submit a bank draft only in Canadian Dollars with one's application before it can be processed.
Thanks
I dont know where you are getting your info from but just like my prevous post, Canadian embassies all around the world accept USD or local currency (which will be cedis in your case).
http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/accra/immig-fees-en.asp
Re: Bank Draft In Canadian Dollars by aksamadak(m): 2:47pm On Jul 10, 2008
HERE ATTACHED BELOW IS THE INFORMATION AS INSTRUCTED FROM THE EMBASSY.
IS IT NOW CLEAR.I WILL EVEN CUT AND PASTE IT BELOW
Citizenship and
Immigration Canada
Citoyenneté et
Immigration Canada
Simplified Application Process - Accra
Simplified Application Process - Federal Skilled Workers and Business Class
Appendix A - Accra
Paying the fees
Consult the Instruction guide or the Fees section of our Web site to calculate your fees. Pay by bank draft
for the full immigration processing fee in Canadian dollars. Because exchange rates vary, fees must be paid
by bank draft in Canadian dollars drawn on a bank in Canada and which will clear there.
Make the draft payable to “The Receiver General for Canada”. Write your name and address on the back.
Make sure that you have sent the correct type of bank draft; otherwise, your application will be returned to
you. Do not enclose cash.
Mailing Your Application
Mail the form and proof of payment in a sealed envelope to:
Canadian High Commission
P. O. Box 1639
Accra, Ghana
West Africa
Any information or documents not required for initial application will be returned to you by non-registered
mail.
If you want important documents sent by secure means you must supply a pre-paid commercial courier
coupons (such as DHL or Federal Express). Include a reliable physical address for delivery of courier
envelopes.

Re: Bank Draft In Canadian Dollars by igbonla(m): 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2008
aksamadak:

Please I want to know how to secure a bank draft in Canadian Dollars. I have been to almost all the banks I know in Lagos. I was told they only process US Dollars, Euro and Pound Sterlings. I need the Bank draft to process my immigration as Skilled Migrant applicant to Canada. You can contact me at aksamadak@yahoo.com or 08024021616.
Thanks

Boy, the extract you pasted is the generic info on CIC website. You've been directed to the Accra website to calculate the fees.
Use bank draft in USD as suggested by Delta007, it is acceptable or you may call CIC Accra for confirmation. I will pay you 5k if I am wrong.

All the best.
Re: Bank Draft In Canadian Dollars by Delta007(m): 5:51pm On Jul 10, 2008
aksamadak:

HERE ATTACHED BELOW IS THE INFORMATION AS INSTRUCTED FROM THE EMBASSY.
IS IT NOW CLEAR.I WILL EVEN CUT AND PASTE IT BELOW

My apologies for trying to help. For crying out loud, you are not the first person to apply for the skilled worker program. Feel free to knock urself out!
Re: Bank Draft In Canadian Dollars by flushmedic: 9:11am On May 15, 2010
Hi every one , i am a newly registered member of Nairaland. I have read all postings on this wall and most of it are confusing. firstly i have put in my application for the federal skilled worker in Accra and the process so far is as below
An initial application form was sent to Nova scotia
Application was reviewed and eligibility confirmed
Documents were requested for and must be submitted within 120 days
I had to seat for the IELTS, The reult of which was included as part of the documents sent to Accra last week
The Result of my test- Reading 7, Writing 7, Listening 8.5, Speaking 7.
If you need more details,I will not hesitate to to respond.
Re: Bank Draft In Canadian Dollars by SOTAJ: 10:05pm On May 15, 2010
flushmedic:

Hi every one , i am a newly registered member of Nairaland. I have read all postings on this wall and most of it are confusing. firstly i have put in my application for the federal skilled worker in Accra and the process so far is as below
An initial application form was sent to Nova scotia
Application was reviewed and eligibility confirmed
Documents were requested for and must be submitted within 120 days
I had to seat for the IELTS, The reult of which was included as part of the documents sent to Accra last week
The Result of my test- Reading 7, Writing 7, Listening 8.5, Speaking 7.
If you need more details,I will not hesitate to to respond.

@ flushmedic,

please did you include money with the initial application sent to Nova Scotia, how much did you pay and how did you make the payment?

I am applying for myself and my wife and I would appreciate your response on this?
Re: Bank Draft In Canadian Dollars by flushmedic: 9:40am On May 16, 2010
I am using an immigration lawyer based in canada, i transfer funds to him through is domiciliary account in Nigeria. All payments including the initial payment to Nova scotia has been through him, The Bank draft addressed to the Reciever Generalin Canadian Dollar was also through him. I have confirmation of receipts.
Re: Bank Draft In Canadian Dollars by SOTAJ: 2:27pm On May 16, 2010
@ flushmedic,

please how much did you pay initially and can you please give the contact of the lawyer?
Re: Bank Draft In Canadian Dollars by suxes2005(m): 7:32pm On May 17, 2010
^^^^

U berra be careful

I also have confirmation of payment with me
for my Boss' own.

If any1 needs to pay d fee, better get a
lawyer who has a friend in Canada who can
help u pay or use d $ draft as advised by Delta

SHALOM
Re: Bank Draft In Canadian Dollars by flushmedic: 1:24pm On May 18, 2010
You can checkout his web site at www.bodlaw.com his contacts are available and you can send an e-mail to him.

(1) (Reply)

Embassy Of Belarus In Nigeria? / Dv 2007 Lottery Winners In Nigeria / 11 Years On Since The #sosoliso Plane Crash 2005.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.