Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,217 members, 7,873,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 10:17 PM

Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner (1075 Views)

8 Excuses Smart Guys Give In Order To Dismiss Ladies From Asking Money / The Trick I Used On My Girlfriend In Order To Know She's Been Cheating On Me / What Would Make You Quit A Relationship?.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by Andyblaze: 11:12am On Oct 31, 2013
My friend who is actually female has been telling me about the constant pressure her boyfriend puts her under due to the fact that he stays and work in Lagos while she works in Port harcourt. He is always complaining about loneliness and wants her to move to Lagos so they can be together and plan towards getting engaged because he doesn't want to be distracted by other girls.

The problem is that this my female friend works as a Banker here in Ph and receives a huge pay and moving would mean she would have to forfeit her job.
So please what advise could be given to her; Stay back in Ph and work or go to Lagos and get engaged with no Job

Serious replies plz
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 31, 2013
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by pasqal09: 12:13pm On Oct 31, 2013
That's a silly thing to do
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by Danhumprey: 12:26pm On Oct 31, 2013
Andy,.............. tongue
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by abdulg: 12:33pm On Oct 31, 2013
i thinks is wrong for husband or boyfriend to ask
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by abdulg: 12:36pm On Oct 31, 2013
i thinks is wrong for husband or boyfriend to ask lady or wife quit a job. I work in Niger state why my wife work Abuja and we are living fn. we need understanding to live peacefully.
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by quivah(f): 12:36pm On Oct 31, 2013
that would be a very silly thing to do na cheesy
Who guarantees a relationship? what assurance does she has she's gone get engaged to the dude after all? What if she loses the relationship at the long run?.... #two losts, will she start blaming the guy,cussing guys in general for her stupidity...?
Come again, bf??

Btw, tell her to ask her bf this;
What if you move over here to PH and plan our future together?...
Lets hear his reply..

Lotta peeps had survived long distance relationships.. let them keep pushing through jor smiley and if the distance keep posing as a threat, tell her , move on!!!wink
But seriously, she could apply for a transfer if possible tho..
I just wonder if her guy can do the same for her which i very much doubt sad

#all in one;
A cheat wil be remain a cheat,distance or no distance.
Lonely or not.. so i swear down i cant buy that "i dont wanna be distracted by girls" sh.it lool

Bf!!
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by Andyblaze: 3:11pm On Oct 31, 2013
Danhumprey: Andy,.............. tongue
oboy kilode grin
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by firetrap(m): 3:17pm On Oct 31, 2013
if the guy moves to ph will he die? will the earth stand still? men should stop asking their women to do what they themselves would not even consider. if he really want to stop being lonely he should up and move to ph. then he would know firsthand the effects of what he's asking for.

make she no try am
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by Andyblaze: 10:41pm On Oct 31, 2013
Thanks all
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by Csami(m): 12:54am On Nov 01, 2013
quivah: that would be a very silly thing to do na cheesy
Who guarantees a relationship? what assurance does she has she's gone get engaged to the dude after all? What if she loses the relationship at the long run?.... #two losts, will she start blaming the guy,cussing guys in general for her stupidity...?
Come again, bf??

Btw, tell her to ask her bf this;
What if you move over here to PH and plan our future together?...
Lets hear his reply..

Lotta peeps had survived long distance relationships.. let them keep pushing through jor smiley and if the distance keep posing as a threat, tell her , move on!!!wink
But seriously, she could apply for a transfer if possible tho..
I just wonder if her guy can do the same for her which i very much doubt sad

#all in one;
A cheat wil be remain a cheat,distance or no distance.
Lonely or not.. so i swear down i cant buy that "i dont wanna be distracted by girls" sh.it lool

Bf!!

Sister, u almost had everything right except for "a cheat is a cheat no matter the distant ". Distant is a strong barrier in a relationship and not everyone has this ability to walk away from temptation.
Op, ask your friend what is her guarante.
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by quivah(f): 7:16am On Nov 01, 2013
Csami:

Sister, u almost had everything right except for "a cheat is a cheat no matter the distant ". Distant is a strong barrier in a relationship and not everyone has this ability to walk away from temptation.
Op, ask your friend what is her guarante.
……
Thanks brother,..
But i believe im still right.. shey d guy wan dey tell me say e no dey sh,ag babes dre ni?
And wat i meant by the quote is; if such a guy is alrdy a cheat,bein closa wldnt chng d fact..
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by babyBB: 7:25am On Nov 01, 2013
If the guy is married to d lady, d distance will be unhealthy 4 their marriage, and she can consider relocating in order to be with her husband. But i wont advise her to quit her job now because of one boyfriend dat can dump her when he likes since dey are not married yet
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by didicold(f): 8:21am On Nov 01, 2013
D statement about other girls makes him sound like a selfish and manipulative person. As for me, emphatic no. A man who wants a serious relationship will continue even wit d distance, most likely he will be looking for ways to help u get a transfer not ask u to quit d job. Asking her to try to relocate is normal, men av had women make sacrifices since time immemorial, dey dont see it as a big deal as we do, but d way he is going about is just wrong.
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by Csami(m): 10:49am On Nov 01, 2013
didicold: D statement about other girls makes him sound like a selfish and manipulative person. As for me, emphatic no. A man who wants a serious relationship will continue even wit d distance, most likely he will be looking for ways to help u get a transfer not ask u to quit d job. Asking her to try to relocate is normal, men av had women make sacrifices since time immemorial, dey dont see it as a big deal as we do, but d way he is going about is just wrong.

Distant relationship! Have u been into one before?
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by Codims82(m): 10:51am On Nov 01, 2013
That must be stupid. No way.
Csami:

Distant relationship! Have u been into one before?
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by lameli(f): 3:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
there are many ways to work things out. if they are both sure of what they feel for each other, the lady can ask for a transfer. in my opinion, all those saying that will be a silly thing to do, MAY NOT KNOW WHAT TRUE LOVE IS. I am talking about the real love here, not the Nigerian standard kind of love. personally, if I meet a guy, and I think he is worth it, (though I won't quit my job), I will ask for a transfer, or ask him to help me get a job before I move because I cannot NOT work in my life. I AM JUST SAYING.
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by Andyblaze: 5:36pm On Nov 01, 2013
Thanks
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 01, 2013
Let me consult my brain, he's the go to guy:

Me: Brain i want my babe to leave her high earned paying job to stay with me, hit me with your awesome knowledge
Brain: Hmmmm are you providing a job for her, is she your wife ?
Me: No Not yet
Brain: Okay so assuming she comes over and it doesn't work out, what happens ?
Me: shocked wow i didn't think of that brain,
Brain: I know , you've been spending too much time on Romance Section, which is my sleeping hours.
Me: So advise me Brain what should we do ?
Brain: Sorry bro, am only here to help with logical things but you can always move to Port Harcourt grin
Me: Scum.bag brain now i know why i don't consult you undecided

Fin

Moral of the Story: ?? its all about Risk, is her fiance or BF worth it, if not well she knows want to do, i'd rather secure a job for my babe first because trust me resentment is not sexy, i would hate my babe if i had to quit my job and the relationship doesn't work out. so its up to her honestly, just remind her about the labour market sha.
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 01, 2013
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
ReineViolette: What happened to relocating to your work place? Isn't finding a job hard these days? sad
It depends in banking if you work in Operations, there's no added advantage to relocating to another branch because someone equally can do that job however some depts have special preference in terms of relocation e.g Oil and Gas, IT, Internal auditors so it depends on her role
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
ReineViolette:

Good. So she should ask herself if quitting is worth it kiss

I remember telling my babe not to turn down Career opportunities because of me(even though its to my disadvantage), cuz i know she's young so she might want to do that, i always let her know, jobs don't come easy o. in this day and time where getting a job is not guaranteed, does one want to quit one just because of a mere boyfriend.
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by wasak(m): 7:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
I won't comment because I May be on the less popular opinion.
I don't want insults on a Friday night. thanks...
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 01, 2013
wasak: I won't comment because I May be on the less popular opinion.
I don't want insults on a Friday night. thanks...

TGIF i miss naija , my beer parlour joint would have kept a sit for me cry
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by wasak(m): 9:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
pc guru:

TGIF i miss naija , my beer parlour joint would have kept a sit for me cry
eyyah sorry....
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by Andyblaze: 9:35pm On Nov 01, 2013
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by OXCUBA: 9:59am On Nov 02, 2013
NEVER !!! ................ IF U QUIT yA JOB ...... WILL SHE EAT SAND?
Re: Can You Quit Your Job In Order To Stay Closer With Your Partner by Andyblaze: 1:11pm On Nov 02, 2013
OXCUBA: NEVER !!! ................ IF U QUIT yA JOB ...... WILL SHE EAT SAND?
abi?

(1) (Reply)

Wats The Cheapest Gift I Can Get For Ma Gf / A Young Girl Needs Your Advise / Seven(7) Type Of Guys Women Can't Resist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.