Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,258 members, 7,974,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 06:18 PM

When I Grow Up, I Want To Be Like Okocha - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / When I Grow Up, I Want To Be Like Okocha (904 Views)

Charles Okocha's Thanksgiving For Surviving Bullets (Photos) / Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery / Davido Stuns In Suit, Pictured With Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When I Grow Up, I Want To Be Like Okocha by deolascope: 3:56pm On Oct 31, 2013
In all parts of the world, professional footballers are role models; young kids look up to them. The really lucky ones who have lucrative careers in big clubs earn quite a handsome sum every year. When you compare how much they earn to their educational qualification, you can almost conclude that it would not have been possible for them to earn that much in another profession. Or can someone tell me which job one will do as a secondary school leaver and earn 80,000 pounds a week (not a month)? A large number of professional footballers who didn’t attend a higher institution even earn more than governors, ministers and those we think are well paid.

But hey, that is just a digression. This article is not about what footballers or sportsmen earn. It’s all about Nkechi and Austin Okocha for now.

Many young ladies dream of having a man who will spend lavishly on them. They dream of a man who will be theirs alone, who will take them shopping and to the cinema every weekend. Some will even go to any length to win the heart of a man if they know his pocket is ‘full’. Only a few ladies want to ‘suffer’ with their man and not many will want to stick with him when things are not going the way they want.

Sorry ladies, I’m not here to attack anyone here (dodging bullets).

But for Nkechi Okocha, its her turn to reap the fruits of her labour for standing and staying with her man through thick and thin. She was indeed an envy of all eyes during her recent 40th birthday celebration in Lagos. It was reported that her husband, Austin “Jay Jay” Okocha lavished nothing less than twenty eight million naira on her that day and bought her a brand new white Mercedez Benz G-Wagon SUV as a birthday present.

The duo met in 1994 and got married in 1997. Their sixteen year old marriage has produced two beautiful children; Daniella and A-Jay.

What I find interesting about their story is not just the twenty-eight million naira or the SUV, but their long lasting marriage and the fact that from all indications, Nkechi seems to have earned all the gifts her husband lavished on her.

Here are two important points to explain what I mean…

First, Austin’s football career has taken him around the world. He has played in Germany, Turkey, France, England and Qatar after he came to limelight at the USA 94 World Cup. There’s this popular saying which goes thus: behind every successful man, there’s a woman. While Austin was busy playing football around the world, there was an Nkechi taking care of the home front for him.

Secondly, many Sportsmen have not been able to stay away from infidelity. Many of us will remember the Tiger Woods story, the John Terry and Ashly Cole‘s infidelity saga. Without even going beyond our shores, there are many examples among Nigerian Sportsmen to point out. Just recently, our very own Obafemi Martins was reported to have welcomed his third child from his current girlfriend. While he was playing in Italy, he had a child with one woman, while he was in England, he had a child with another, and now has the third with Mario Balotelli‘s sister!

What I’m trying to say here is that Nkechi must have done something extra special to keep her man and her home during his nomadic football career and she’s no doubt reaping the benefits. Lesson for ladies: Nkechi stood beside her man when he was not well known as far back as 1994 and when the fame came, she didn’t allow any tiny ‘leg’ lady snatch him away from her.

As a young man, I want an Nkechi Okocha type of a woman who will not come into my life when I’m rich. And I’m ready to do more than an Austin Okocha for any lady that stays with me through thick and thin. I want a wife who will stay beside me when things are fine and the other way round.

So I better work hard to be that type of man, right? It won’t be a bad idea to be like Austin Okocha when I grow up.

http://greenbiro.com/when-i-grow-up-i-want-to-be-like-austin-okocha/

Re: When I Grow Up, I Want To Be Like Okocha by Airforce1(m): 3:59pm On Oct 31, 2013
#walks out of thread#
Re: When I Grow Up, I Want To Be Like Okocha by homesteady(m): 4:10pm On Oct 31, 2013
^^
Abeg wait for me grin
Re: When I Grow Up, I Want To Be Like Okocha by fatdon2(m): 7:51pm On Oct 31, 2013
Me self
----oooO----
----(----)----
-----\--(--
------\_)-
-----------Oooo ---
-----------(--- -)---
------------)-- /----
------------(_/ -
----oooO----
----(----)----
-----\--(--
------\_)-
-----------Oooo ---
-----------(--- -)---
------------)-- /----
------------(_/ -
----oooO----
----(----)----
-----\--(--
------\_)-
-----------Oooo ---
-----------(--- -)---
------------)-- /----
------------(_/ -
----oooO----
----(----)----
-----\--(--
------\_)-
-----------Oooo ---
-----------(--- -)---
------------)-- /----
------------(_/ -

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Late Tunji Okusanya Jnr Burial #lagosplanecrashvictims / Wizkid, Banky W And P-square Win At 2013 Channel O Awards + Winners List / Uche Iwuji: No Marriage Break-up Said Her Husband Juwon Lawal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.