Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,182 members, 7,887,434 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:50 AM

HELP - My English Is Fading - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / HELP - My English Is Fading (1518 Views)

Waec Seized My English Result Twice-patrick Obahiagbon / Nairaland Romance Section Has Improved My English / "best-est "('cuse My English) Social Event Back In Di Day At School. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP - My English Is Fading by yemi2plus(m): 5:11pm On Oct 31, 2013
Please, help me o. Both my written and spoken English language is fading away. How can I get it back to normal? What could be the cause? Please, advise me.
Re: HELP - My English Is Fading by dustydee: 5:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
Read, quit using abbreviations and keep learning from others.
Re: HELP - My English Is Fading by yemi2plus(m): 5:52pm On Oct 31, 2013
dustydee: Read, quit using abbreviations and keep learning from others.
I do all the above
Re: HELP - My English Is Fading by Deiok(m): 6:05pm On Oct 31, 2013
Then brush up your english with 8 hours of reading educative books everyday.
Re: HELP - My English Is Fading by chistar01(m): 6:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Firstly, its literally impossible for your english to "fade". I don't really. Know of a better word for you to use but there's no how you can twist the definition of "fade" that it would work in this context.

On a more serious note.
1. Try speaking in good english often, avoid pidgin as much as you can, as a matter of fact, don't speak it at all if you can.
2. Read read and read again. When I say read, I don't mean NL stories (except mine cheesy), but foreign books, newspapers etc.
3. Think before you speak, asin before you voice out a statement mentally scan it for errors.
4. Avoid abbreviation.
5. If you use T9, auto correct etc to type, stop it because tools like that correct your errors without you even knowing its an error. If you must, type first. And when you are done, use a spell check tool.

I think that's all I have to say 4 now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP - My English Is Fading by yemi2plus(m): 8:00pm On Oct 31, 2013
chistar01: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Firstly, its literally impossible for your english to "fade". I don't really. Know of a better word for you to use but there's no how you can twist the definition of "fade" that it would work in this context.

On a more serious note.
1. Try speaking in good english often, avoid pidgin as much as you can, as a matter of fact, don't speak it at all if you can.
2. Read read and read again. When I say read, I don't mean NL stories (except mine cheesy), but foreign books, newspapers etc.
3. Think before you speak, asin before you voice out a statement mentally scan it for errors.
4. Avoid abbreviation.
5. If you use T9, auto correct etc to type, stop it because tools like that correct your errors without you even knowing its an error. If you must, type first. And when you are done, use a spell check tool.

Thanks bro. I'm gonna buy more books (africa)
Re: HELP - My English Is Fading by Incredibleme: 8:04pm On Oct 31, 2013
Given the symptoms aformentioned, as a proffessional english gramatician i diagnosed you to have blunderanglococojitis and to treat your sickness i hereby place you on a 7hour recitation of A to Z, a 3hour reading of Queen's premier, a 6hour learning of yovr 2 and 3 letter word, a 5hour learning of the 8 parts of speech plus the indegious naija part of speech called "pidgination" and lastly 2hour 30mins devoted to the reading of the new advanced oxford dictionary. ALL SHULD BE DONE IN A DAY.
If you notice you have only 30mins left, this shuld be devoted to listening to my very own sing along english tutor. Do this for 4 months diligently then your come to jagbajantis english hospital located @ 12 ago palace way, isolo lagos for your brain enlargment injection and some red and yellow capsules for forgetfulness. By the time i am through with you Queen of england will bow, david camaron will remove tie, and obama will tuale 4 you. Just cum 2 me and your life will never remain the same.
Re: HELP - My English Is Fading by Deiok(m): 8:26pm On Oct 31, 2013
^^^^

gringringrin
Re: HELP - My English Is Fading by Hadeehart101(f): 8:46pm On Oct 31, 2013
Simply avoid speaking pidgin.
Re: HELP - My English Is Fading by yemi2plus(m): 9:11pm On Oct 31, 2013
Incredible.me:
Given the symptoms aformentioned, as a proffessional english gramatician i diagnosed you to have blunderanglococojitis and to treat your sickness i hereby place you on a 7hour recitation of A to Z, a 3hour reading of Queen's premier, a 6hour learning of yovr 2 and 3 letter word, a 5hour learning of the 8 parts of speech plus the indegious naija part of speech called "pidgination" and lastly 2hour 30mins devoted to the reading of the new advanced oxford dictionary. ALL SHULD BE DONE IN A DAY.
If you notice you have only 30mins left, this shuld be devoted to listening to my very own sing along english tutor. Do this for 4 months diligently then your come to jagbajantis english hospital located @ 12 ago palace way, isolo lagos for your brain enlargment injection and some red and yellow capsules for forgetfulness. By the time i am through with you Queen of england will bow, david camaron will remove tie, and obama will tuale 4 you. Just cum 2 me and your life will never remain the same.
*read and fainted*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP - My English Is Fading by Madawaki01(m): 9:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
Why won't it fade??since u turn ur gender to female,ur english wants to turn to french too.
Re: HELP - My English Is Fading by Deiok(m): 9:23pm On Oct 31, 2013
Madawaki01: Why won't it fade??since u turn ur gender to female,ur english wants to turn to french too.
AAAHH.... I have never realy notice that. This yemi nah case.
Re: HELP - My English Is Fading by ERF: 2:37pm On Nov 02, 2013
Then fade you pigeon English!
Re: HELP - My English Is Fading by Emmyk(m): 5:14pm On Nov 02, 2013
Madawaki01: Why won't it fade??since u turn ur gender to female,ur english wants to turn to french too.
grin grin
Re: HELP - My English Is Fading by Olugbenger(m): 11:30pm On Nov 02, 2013
OP, i think u should consider learning sign language undecided
It's a better option you know.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: HELP - My English Is Fading by yemi2plus(m): 2:44pm On Nov 03, 2013
Olugbenger: OP, i think u should consider learning sign language undecided
It's a better option you know.
grin grin grin grin grin
sign language? I've never heard of such. Mind explaining?
Re: HELP - My English Is Fading by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 03, 2013
Go and buy 0xford Advanced Learners' Dictionary; 7th Edition.... Written By A.S H0rny
Re: HELP - My English Is Fading by AbuMikey(m): 4:03pm On Nov 03, 2013
gringringrin

Mr Yemi, I guess you know where Pre GCE examiner,school of reading and writing is located in Benin?

Okay, You gats enrol yourself in one of their classes. wink

Re: HELP - My English Is Fading by Olugbenger(m): 4:24pm On Nov 03, 2013
yemi2plus:
sign language? I've never heard of such. Mind explaining?
Your language is fading indeed.

grin grin grin cheesy
Re: HELP - My English Is Fading by Dannylux: 5:47pm On Nov 03, 2013
chistar01: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

On a more serious note.
4. Avoid abbreviation.

The auto correct thingy is very damaging!!
You're spot on!
Re: HELP - My English Is Fading by oderemo(m): 7:39pm On Nov 03, 2013
Your English dey fade away., an which kin water u dey use wash am.?
Re: HELP - My English Is Fading by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2013
Hahaha.
I had myself a good laugh

(1) (Reply)

IF Nairaland Introduce A Block Button, "Name 5 Nairalanders That U Will Block. / Meet Nigeria's First Nigeria Police Female PRO / Happy Birthday To All My NL Birthday Mate (23rd Of April)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.