Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,089 members, 7,880,410 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:45 PM

Are Both Not Correct? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are Both Not Correct? (514 Views)

'at 1pm' Or 'by 1pm'? Which Is Correct? / My Names Are Or My Name Is;which Is Correct? / I Am Hearing You/ I Can Hear You.which Is More Correct? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Both Not Correct? by taoheed02: 6:46pm On Oct 31, 2013
Please, my sound colleagues. Are both of these statements not correct? 1. If you are through with your work, bring it. 2. If you have through with your work, bring it.
Re: Are Both Not Correct? by busuyem: 8:01pm On Oct 31, 2013
taoheed02: Please, my sound colleagues. Are both of these statements not correct? 1. If you are through with your work, bring it. 2. If you have through with your work, bring it.

Only the first one is correct and the second is wrong.
Re: Are Both Not Correct? by emekakelvin(m): 8:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
taoheed02: Please, my sound colleagues. Are both of these statements not correct? 1. If you are through with your work, bring it. 2. If you have through with your work, bring it.
Surely, the use of 'you' in the format of the two question agrees with the law of concord.
'you' is a word that goes with a plural verb.
You are ---> Correct
You Have--->Correct

Back to the question:
question one (ques 1) is the only sentence correct;
Why?
It shows the state of an action, An action surely took place there!
An action of ability

question 2:
This question is wrong,because the use of 'have' shows possession.

This analysis is sudjected to correction !

(1) (Reply)

Ghana University Admission!!! / Gains Of ASUU Strike / Waec 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.