Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,102 members, 7,977,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 09:41 PM

Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? (23409 Views)

Career Women Battle Housemaids’ Sexcapades, Randy Husbands / Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. / Sending Your Kids To Good Schools And Your Househelp To Lower Schools. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ujujoan:

Errrm . . . . not quite the same thing!

There is a difference huge between being 'taken away' and going voluntarily.

Most of these 'helps' are there voluntarily (with the consent of their parents) and can leave whenever they like.

Some leave after a day, some after a month, some after a year e.t.c. Nobody is forcing these parents to give up their children so comparing it to slavery is a poor analogy.

That alone changes the situation with these house helps. If a child is not being treated properly, h/her parents can take them away whenever they want.

Shocking shocked shocked shocked shocked. So a minor can voluntarily choose a life of servitude? Ok now! Na everyday I dey learn for NL. Y'all call it whatever you want, it is modern day slavery.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by kooldheart: 5:57pm On Nov 04, 2013
kulyie: I remember some time ago i went to greet my aunt and so we were jisting and the next thing she said was that i was about goig to my friends house in an hours time before you came,give some minutes,let me go and dress up so we will go together but meanwhile eat.i said ok,so i went to the pot to serve myself.so anyway,i was done with the food,left it in the kitchen and then we both left the house.when we got to her friends house,we exchanged pleaseantries and my aunty asked her friend that she has been looking at this house since,its only you and your husbands bedroom, kids bedroom and play room you guys have,where does your house help sleep.the friend said in the kitchen on the floor.my auntys eyes turned towards me and i looked at her too in shock.i said concrete floor? She said ehen.i said ok,where is she now? The woman said she has gone to pick her kids from school,i said what about her,isnt she in school? She looked at me strange and said why should she be in school,na me born am,abi na me go pay for her school fees when i get 2 pikin wey me and my husband still dey struggle to pay their school fees.my aunty interjected and said ok so how do you compensate her for all the chores shes doing,she said i have paid off the agent who brought her so it is as good as i bought her.she doesnt have any right to anything in this house except food and i must make sure she has washed my childrens school uniform,socks,dishes,everybody has eating before she eats.i had to cut in and said aunty thats not fair na.even though no one knows what youre doing to her and she is vulnerable,God is seeing you o,dont let him visit his judgement upon you through your kids.she said abegiiiiii,spare me.if i send her to school now,she will start getting conscious of herself and her looks and she will start competing with me.i said haba aunty,an 11 year old girl.she said,you you dont even know anything,wait till you get in my shoes.anyway to cut the long story short,when we left her place and my aunty was driving in the car,i said aunty mi, she said aburo,i said can i advise you,she said,i am listening.i noded and said this woman you call your friend,i dont like your relationship with her.this is not the kind of woman you should be hanging around with.God forbid eveil,if your enemy dies and for one reason or the other your child stays with her,just no that your childs life will be messed up.imagine how she is treating her house help as if she is not even a human being.such a little girl like that,an illiterate, worstill sleeping in the kitchen and eating the remenants of everyones plate packed together.that is what we do for our dog.that girl is too small for that na.my aunty said,well,thats true,i will talk to her but i had the intention of talking to her however not in your presence because she might feel embarassed that she is talking to her in the presence of her friends younger one,i said better.

Infact ehen.smh
finally,you're good at narrating story oo.
Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by armyofone(m): 6:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ladies playing thick madam all over Nigeria shame on you if you use little children as house help and not sending them to school.
what is in the house that you and your husband can't do anyway?
Human are gifted with the ability to multi task. One mouth and two hands.
Send them to school or don't use them otherwise you are a very wicked person in disguise.
Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by armyofone(m): 6:22pm On Nov 04, 2013
so BB you watch Devious maid? grin wait you be Lady? shocked I don't believe you are guy anymore grin

I watch it too on Lifetime my fav channel. Such a nice show and my sunday evening is not complete without watching it. I'm waiting for the next season. I really like how those Latino maids do their thing, they teach you a lesson. But we can't compare Lifetime Devious Maids who are mostly adult to Nigerian baby maids.

pickabeau1: This story reminds me of Devious Maids, a sitcom based in Bev Hills

The maids are confidants, everything to their mistresses

Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by AjanleKoko: 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
specialguest:

The girl that lives with me is above way above 17 however i had to make an age declaration stating she was 15 years when i enrolled her in jss 1 and i am sure you know why. Infact the first day i took her to school the principal outrightly told me that my ward was way above 15 years probably because of her size but i just feigned ignorance of what she saying by claiming that is what the girls parents told me.

In short, you are just breaking laws right left and center cheesy

Which one is 'way above 17'? If the girl is under 18, first strike.
You now went ahead to falsify her age. Second strike.

Na wa for Nigerians. Criminal behaviour is being justified by phoney philantropy angry

2 Likes

Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 04, 2013
AjanleKoko:

In short, you are just breaking laws right left and center cheesy

Which one is 'way above 17'? If the girl is under 18, first strike.
You now went ahead to falsify her age. Second strike.

Na wa for Nigerians. Criminal behaviour is being justified by phoney philantropy angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin Lobatan!
Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by creativemusic: 6:49pm On Nov 04, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by pickabeau1: 6:53pm On Nov 04, 2013
yEP i DO... i ALSO loved wisteria lane.... its actiually the same crew....too many similarities sef

As time went on.. im liking the chic whose son was in mexico especially when she went to confession
Also the lady who was in scrubs (reyes) she is still funny

@topic you caNT compare the two....
naija own is slave labor.. for sure.. me i advocate late teens and one who can collect her money direct....
one only prays u get a good family.....
some are wicked to their own family not to talk of maid

armyofone: so BB you watch Devious maid? grin wait you be Lady? shocked I don't believe you are guy anymore grin

I watch it too on Lifetime my fav channel. Such a nice show and my sunday evening is not complete without watching it. I'm waiting for the next season. I really like how those Latino maids do their thing, they teach you a lesson. But we can't compare Lifetime Devious Maids who are mostly adult to Nigerian baby maids.

Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by mimicue(f): 9:55pm On Nov 04, 2013
kulyie: I remember some time ago i went to greet my aunt and so we were jisting and the next thing she said was that i was about goig to my friends house in an hours time before you came,give some minutes,let me go and dress up so we will go together but meanwhile eat.i said ok,so i went to the pot to serve myself.so anyway,i was done with the food,left it in the kitchen and then we both left the house.when we got to her friends house,we exchanged pleaseantries and my aunty asked her friend that she has been looking at this house since,its only you and your husbands bedroom, kids bedroom and play room you guys have,where does your house help sleep.the friend said in the kitchen on the floor.my auntys eyes turned towards me and i looked at her too in shock.i said concrete floor? She said ehen.i said ok,where is she now? The woman said she has gone to pick her kids from school,i said what about her,isnt she in school? She looked at me strange and said why should she be in school,na me born am,abi na me go pay for her school fees when i get 2 pikin wey me and my husband still dey struggle to pay their school fees.my aunty interjected and said ok so how do you compensate her for all the chores shes doing,she said i have paid off the agent who brought her so it is as good as i bought her.she doesnt have any right to anything in this house except food and i must make sure she has washed my childrens school uniform,socks,dishes,everybody has eating before she eats.i had to cut in and said aunty thats not fair na.even though no one knows what youre doing to her and she is vulnerable,God is seeing you o,dont let him visit his judgement upon you through your kids.she said abegiiiiii,spare me.if i send her to school now,she will start getting conscious of herself and her looks and she will start competing with me.i said haba aunty,an 11 year old girl.she said,you you dont even know anything,wait till you get in my shoes.anyway to cut the long story short,when we left her place and my aunty was driving in the car,i said aunty mi, she said aburo,i said can i advise you,she said,i am listening.i noded and said this woman you call your friend,i dont like your relationship with her.this is not the kind of woman you should be hanging around with.God forbid eveil,if your enemy dies and for one reason or the other your child stays with her,just no that your childs life will be messed up.imagine how she is treating her house help as if she is not even a human being.such a little girl like that,an illiterate, worstill sleeping in the kitchen and eating the remenants of everyones plate packed together.that is what we do for our dog.that girl is too small for that na.my aunty said,well,thats true,i will talk to her but i had the intention of talking to her however not in your presence because she might feel embarassed that she is talking to her in the presence of her friends younger one,i said better.

Infact ehen.smh

This is sad... As for me ur supposed to treat an house girl like ur own.. I actually admire people that if you see their house help u will think its their child.. Because they have helped them even if you don't send them to schoollook for ssomething for them .. Like to learn hand works... Like tailoring.. Hairdressing... Some people justtreat them like slaves in this ccountry Smh.. And by helping them u reduce the risk of not letting the femalesget ppregnant by random fools around because their not idle and they are exposed.. And more intelligent
Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by mimicue(f): 9:57pm On Nov 04, 2013
pickabeau1: yEP i DO... i ALSO loved wisteria lane.... its actiually the same crew....too many similarities sef

As time went on.. im liking the chic whose son was in mexico especially when she went to confession
Also the lady who was in scrubs (reyes) she is still funny

@topic you caNT compare the two....
naija own is slave labor.. for sure.. me i advocate late teens and one who can collect her money direct....
one only prays u get a good family.....
some are wicked to their own family not to talk of maid

Thats the difference there they don't use children as maids they use adults who decide for themselves that they want to be maids.. They even treat them like their own...
Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by Nobody: 12:30am On Nov 05, 2013
One of the reasons poor people keep havingmore children than theycan afford to take care of is because they know they can give the children out as maids, infact for some of their parents it has become a source of income. Let us stop emplying kids and go back to the time when parents are the ones who go to work to feed their families. Rather employ the mothers to resume in the morning and close in the evening. You will see that once child slavery is stopped these people will think twice before having kids they can't take care of.

1 Like

Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by soulglo: 12:50am On Nov 05, 2013
tatiana009: One of the reasons poor people keep havingmore children than theycan afford to take care of is because they know they can give the children out as maids, infact for some of their parents it has become a source of income. Let us stop emplying kids and go back to the time when parents are the ones who go to work to feed their families. Rather employ the mothers to resume in the morning and close in the evening. You will see that once child slavery is stopped these people will think twice before having kids they can't take care of.

This is why I keep saying that they should arrest parents when they find out things like these. They should have child support in Nigeria so that a man will think twice before he marries 20 wives and fathers 100 children. When he calculates his child support his erection will fail. If one or two people go to jail for these crimes other people will take notice. But this is Nigeria. Capital of turning a blind eye to the plight of others. The only time people care to do something is when people are watching or were they will benefit in the future.

1 Like

Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by adconline(m): 1:04am On Nov 05, 2013
tatiana009: One of the reasons poor people keep havingmore children than theycan afford to take care of is because they know they can give the children out as maids, infact for some of their parents it has become a source of income. Let us stop emplying kids and go back to the time when parents are the ones who go to work to feed their families. Rather employ the mothers to resume in the morning and close in the evening. You will see that once child slavery is stopped these people will think twice before having kids they can't take care of.

Blame it on the Naija frenzy of having many kids. NL is full of fake pastors promising indigent congregants triplets and quadruplets. Beggars and urchins begging on the streets for alms with their little kids..you can't take care of yourself but you are bringing kids to the world? I feel that if one needs a driver's licencse to drive a car or motorcycle, one needs to be licensed to have kids!
Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by igbonla(m): 7:02am On Nov 05, 2013
Anybody hiring/using underage folks for any kind of work should be put in jail, does not matter whether these house maids are sent to school or not. Child labor is a no no! Adoption is an opportunity for those that want to rescue these kids.

There are adults looking for housekeeper work in Nigeria, they are stronger and do better job.

1 Like

Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by MrAboki: 8:07am On Nov 05, 2013
naijababe:

Shocking shocked shocked shocked shocked. So a minor can voluntarily choose a life of servitude? Ok now! Na everyday I dey learn for NL. Y'all call it whatever you want, it is modern day slavery.

A minor can voluntarily want to drive a car, does that mean he is of age to drive a car? grin

So now a minor can voluntarily choose to be a maid and its okay. But if a minor chooses to voluntarily have sex, its rape and Uju would scream the loudest.. grin

My dear take a seat, have a coke and enjoy the beauty that is the Nigerian Mentality.. grin

1 Like

Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by MrAboki: 8:10am On Nov 05, 2013
armyofone: Ladies playing thick madam all over Nigeria shame on you if you use little children as house help and not sending them to school.
what is in the house that you and your husband can't do anyway?
Human are gifted with the ability to multi task. One mouth and two hands.
Send them to school or don't use them otherwise you are a very wicked person in disguise.

If you read my post, I dont even think sending them to school is the right thing to be looking at here..

If you know that a minor is in your house and does not enjoy the exact same priviledges like your own kids which includes; the love and attention that your kids get, the same free time and play time that your kids get, the same school and after school care that your kids get, then I suggest you hire an adult maid and pay them the agreed wages.

Anything short of the above is simply enslavement.

I say so because if you are not giving them the same opportuinity that your kids are getting, you are only grooming them to continually be slaves even to your own kids in the future.
Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 05, 2013
My Mum is the modern day MOTHER THERESA. She brought a small boy home so many years ago..... Crazy, dirty boy she found sitting besides his mum while she sold food by the wayside.
Today Chinedu has cleared his WAEC, is a part of our house and is growing up to be a cute gentleman! If i'm asked how many boys we have at home, I say 3! grin smiley wink
However, our neighbor has gone through uncountable house-helps!! With the majority of them running away at night! angry angry

If you cant send them to school and treat them well, leave them abeg!
Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by Orikinla(m): 9:41am On Nov 05, 2013
May I show you the new trailer of "Girl Rising" the campaign for the education of underprivileged girls and the Nigerian version featuring popular Nollywood and Kannywood stars as narrators will be released next year 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkEkVXjX_-c
Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 05, 2013
tchidi: My Mum is the modern day MOTHER THERESA. She brought a small boy home so many years ago..... Crazy, dirty boy she found sitting besides his mum while she sold food by the wayside.
Today Chinedu has cleared his WAEC, is a part of our house and is growing up to be a cute gentleman! If i'm asked how many boys we have at home, I say 3! grin smiley wink
However, our neighbor has gone through uncountable house-helps!! With the majority of them running away at night! angry angry

If you cant send them to school and treat them well, leave them abeg!

Aww this is sweet. smiley smiley

Lmaoo @ the bolded. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by pickabeau1: 10:37am On Nov 05, 2013
Another example ofwhat we have been saying here

https://www.nairaland.com/1505443/swap-daughters-kidney-house-girls
Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by AdeniyiA(m): 2:37pm On Nov 05, 2013
Orikinla:
And when you maltreat them, you are going to end up misleading your own children with your bad example in parenting and guardianship.

word!
I call it parental ignorance.
eventually you find these housemaids, esp girls, becoming better housewives n more homely than their over pampered and 'akebaje' children, this is so because these maids are unconsciously trained to be better.
many parents needed to be taught the the act of parenting , not just pro creating ...
Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by birdman(m): 5:15am On Nov 07, 2013
naijababe:

sister wake up and stop talking like cnn. Try telling a family who cant find the next days food how pay plus free room and board is slavery. I should post obligatory pictures of what slavery really is, but I know you can google too. I know yall want shock value and keep using the word slavery, but the joke is on you - you just end up disrespecting real slaves
Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by Orikinla(m): 9:33am On Nov 07, 2013
birdman:

sister wake up and stop talking like cnn. Try telling a family who cant find the next days food how pay plus free room and board is slavery. I should post obligatory pictures of what slavery really is, but I know you can google too. I know yall want shock value and keep using the word slavery, but the joke is on you - you just end up disrespecting real slaves

As we speak, "Mary" the housemaid of a landlady is still not going to any kind of school and now the Hausa gate man is already "toasting" her for a relationship and the immature and insecure poor girl is being intimidated. Once landlady is not in, I know that the unscrupulous Hausa gate man who has sexually harassed other underage housemaids before this one will pounce on her.
The life of the poor housemaid will be jeopardized.
There is no law enforcement here to stop the child abuse of this poor housemaid by her landlady and the gate man.
This is a tragedy unfolding.
And she is not the only one going through the traumatic life of being used as a housemaid by millions of evil and wicked "Ogas" and Madams in Nigeria.
Anyone paying any agent for housemaids and houseboys should be arrested for child trafficking.
Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by soulglo: 3:24pm On Nov 07, 2013
birdman:

Funny this is the exact same response that white supremacists use in defense of slavery. Blacks got shelter and food. If they were left on their own other people would have lynched them without the protection of their "owners". So they got shelter, food, and security. How dare they complain
Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 07, 2013
soul_glo:

Funny this is the exact same response that white supremacists use in defense of slavery. Blacks got shelter and food. If they were left on their own other people would have lynched them without the protection of their "owners". So they got shelter, food, and security. How dare they complain

God bless you.
Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by damiso(f): 6:36pm On Nov 07, 2013
I personally don't believe in all this send your househelp to school cos if I am being honest (having grown up with househelps that were sent to school or learnt a trade) its not the same education. Seriously I had one private tutor each for all my weak subjects when I wrote WAEC
I wrote over 12 common entrance examinations and my Dad literarily held vigils at a DG's office for me to get into QC back then.And he did it without blinking an eyelid or thinking he was being nice or giving me a better life or anything. He did it cos he was my father and an aware parent always wants to give their kids all the opportunities they can.If you can't adopt or foster that child do your philanthropy while that child is with the parent.Buy the clothes, pay the school fees but just let them be kids.

My orientation has really changed and my friends in Naija snigger that its cos I dont live in Naija but really I would not employ an under age maid.There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a maid and contrary to what people think there are maids au pairs etc abroad they are just adults so have to be paid at least min wage.I know how much we were paying a regd childminder per day.And that was in her house with me taking all my kid's food.If my daughter soiled herself she would wrap all the soiled clothes in a bag and I would wash when I got home.And I was never offended cos she is being paid to mind the child.I wonder how people trust their babies to 13 yr olds

Get a maid if you need one but employ an adult.And don't pay peanuts expecting childcare, cooking, laundry, cleaning, school run etc.

4 Likes

Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by birdman(m): 2:03pm On Nov 08, 2013
soul_glo:

Lmao. I see you omitted the part about free will just so you could make your point. The basic evil of slavery is free will, NOT abject working conditions. The issue of slavery was never terrible working conditions, but the fact that you could not quit if you wanted to, and your next generation could never rise higher than you by law. So again, unless you can show me forced generational labor, stop denigrating the memory of slaves just so you can make a point. I understand when Europeans do it. When Africans do it, uhh...

Next thing I know you will be mentioning Hitler smiley
Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 08, 2013
^^^
That's just a strawman argument and you know it. You can't get away with that nevertheless.
Pray, what kind of free will does the UNDERAGE maid or houseboy have in the typical scenario whereby he/she is SOLD OUT by parents or other guardians to middle-class professionals living in a city several hundreds of miles away?. IT IS SLAVERY.
Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by soulglo: 3:22pm On Nov 08, 2013
birdman:

Lmao. I see you omitted the part about free will just so you could make your point. The basic evil of slavery is free will, NOT abject working conditions. The issue of slavery was never terrible working conditions, but the fact that you could not quit if you wanted to, and your next generation could never rise higher than you by law. So again, unless you can show me forced generational labor, stop denigrating the memory of slaves just so you can make a point. I understand when Europeans do it. When Africans do it, uhh...

Next thing I know you will be mentioning Hitler smiley

What free will does a 7 year old whose parents sold her have? I mean I don't see how you honestly think you have made a point. Let me get this straight. Your logic is that since Nigeria actually has laws in place that makes slavery a criminal act then these children could not possibly be enslaved. Round of applause. And the forced generational labor part................. that's just hogwash. You even made up your own definition. If there is no forced generational labor then it cannot possibly be slavery?
Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by birdman(m): 12:00am On Nov 09, 2013
soul_glo:

What free will does a 7 year old whose parents sold her have? I mean I don't see how you honestly think you have made a point. Let me get this straight. Your logic is that since Nigeria actually has laws in place that makes slavery a criminal act then these children could not possibly be enslaved. Round of applause. And the forced generational labor part................. that's just hogwash. You even made up your own definition. If there is no forced generational labor then it cannot possibly be slavery?

You made the comparison to slavery. I just showed you that the idea is nonsensical. Making a 7 year old go to work is not the best idea, but its not slavery. The parents did consent, and the child can choose to stay or not once he is old enough. And most househelps do end up leaving, usually when they are old enough to start thinking of starting their own family or a trade. So, go ahead and show me how this is comparable to raiding villages, selling all the men and sending them overseas where they and their forbears will be slaves for another 400 years. I really want to hear this one.

If there is no forced generational labor then it cannot possibly be slavery?

Nice try taking me out of context. Like I said, what makes slavery bad is not just being taken against your will, but those that come after you must do the same thing you did. There are white Americans who were indentured servants, some treated just as bad as slaves. But you know what, their next generation got to taste full freedom. I'm sure you can see the difference today. So again, claiming househelps are slave is silly.

Again, I want to hear how you arrived at the conclusion that househelps Nigerian style are synonymous with slaves shipped over the atlantic. Seriously, I do.
Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by weaseloo: 12:52am On Nov 09, 2013
God sent me in angel in the form of the little girl that lives with me. She is smart, intelligent and very very good. I have taken her in as mine, my child. She goes to school and lesson, eats at the table with us, does everything thing with my family, sleeps on the same bed with my kids. In fact some times I even lie to people that she is my child.
I believe in treating people right. Growing up, an older cousin lived with us who would always always maltreat me, give me huge chores to do before I can eat, would say very unkind words to me etc. I resolved that that was no way to treat a fellow human being. That person would never forget it. Always keep in mind the saying that: whatever you put into something, that is what you will get out. Very simple.
Re: Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? by soulglo: 1:33am On Nov 09, 2013
birdman:

You made the comparison to slavery. I just showed you that the idea is nonsensical. Making a 7 year old go to work is not the best idea, but its not slavery. The parents did consent, and the child can choose to stay or not once he is old enough. And most househelps do end up leaving, usually when they are old enough to start thinking of starting their own family or a trade. So, go ahead and show me how this is comparable to raiding villages, selling all the men and sending them overseas where they and their forbears will be slaves for another 400 years. I really want to hear this one.

Nice try taking me out of context. Like I said, what makes slavery bad is not just being taken against your will, but those that come after you must do the same thing you did. There are white Americans who were indentured servants, some treated just as bad as slaves. But you know what, their next generation got to taste full freedom. I'm sure you can see the difference today. So again, claiming househelps are slave is silly.

Again, I want to hear how you arrived at the conclusion that househelps Nigerian style are synonymous with slaves shipped over the atlantic. Seriously, I do.

slave
slāv/Submit
nounhistorical
a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.
synonyms: historicalserf, vassal, thrall; More
antonyms: freeman, master
a person who works very hard without proper remuneration or appreciation.
"by the time I was ten, I had become her slave, doing all the housework"
synonyms: drudge, servant, lackey, minion; More
a person who is excessively dependent upon or controlled by something.
"the poorest people of the world are slaves to the banks"
synonyms: devotee, worshiper, adherent; More
a device, or part of one, directly controlled by another.
"a slave cassette deck"
an ant captured in its pupal state by an ant of another species, for which it becomes a worker.
verb
verb: slave; 3rd person present: slaves; past tense: slaved; past participle: slaved; gerund or present participle: slaving
work excessively hard.
"after slaving away for fourteen years, all he gets is two thousand"
synonyms: toil, labor, grind away, sweat, work one's fingers to the bone, work like a Trojan/dog; More

a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.
a person who works very hard without proper remuneration or appreciation:
by the time I was ten, I had become her slave, doing all the housework
a person who is excessively dependent upon or controlled by something:
the poorest people of the world are slaves to the banks
she was no slave to fashion
a device, or part of one, directly controlled by another:
[as modifier]:
a slave cassette deck
Compare with master1.
an ant captured in its pupal state by an ant of another species, for which it becomes a worker.

These are all definitions of slavery. Where did you get yours? It is obvious that your mindset is that it is only slavery when a white person does it to a black person. Just for the record there were also white slaves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tiv Elders Ban Traditional Marriage Festivities, Peg Expenses At N100k / Nigerian Couple Welcome 1st Baby After 22yrs Of Marriage(pics) / Is This The Right Time To Call The Inlaws?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.