Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,993 members, 7,949,351 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 07:23 AM

Fall Out From Anambra Debate: Obiano Does Not KnowThe Meaning Of Immunity Clause - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fall Out From Anambra Debate: Obiano Does Not KnowThe Meaning Of Immunity Clause (2580 Views)

Presidency Rejects Removal Of Immunity Clause / Reps Recommends Removal Of Immunity Clause For President And Govs / Govs Move Against Planned Removal Of Immunity Clause (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fall Out From Anambra Debate: Obiano Does Not KnowThe Meaning Of Immunity Clause by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
DerideGull:

Berem, you have totally lost the handle. The reason is because I have zero tolerance for stupidity. Even the people I source my business readily realize there is no room for blunder.

I am not totally surprised you joined the hoards of goons to castigate Obiano for showing restraints on a subject matter that requires a visit to Nigerian constitution. No wonder when a person asks a Nigerian to tell a little bit about Nigeria, the dumbasses usually start with “Nigeria has crude oil”.
Dede m, I guess others contestants had to visit the nigerian constitution too to give correct answers. He didn't know what immunity is because Obi didn't teach him that. Next time he should be well prepared when coming for a debate.
Re: Fall Out From Anambra Debate: Obiano Does Not KnowThe Meaning Of Immunity Clause by akpomeme(m): 10:57pm On Nov 01, 2013
Clerverly: The APGA candidate in November 2013 governorship Election Mr. Obiano today confirmed a widely held belief about his unpreparedness and lack of knowledge about the workings of government when he embarrassed his sponsor/godfather and supporters with his response to some issues raised in the debate.

But this one is unpardonable!
here goes the proceedings;

Moderator: Mr. Obiano, do you support immunity clause or do you want it expunged from the constitution?

Obiano: (Looks at his written script to search for the word) clears his voice, I don't know what immunity is all about,( then delves into campaign) You know we have to check the kind of people we elect, I am more qualified than others , you know em em ....you know

Moderator (cuts In) Mr. Obiano, the question is do you support immunity clause to be retained.

Obiano: I cant talk about the immunity, because I don't know the reason why it is in the constitution, I have to consult and study it before I can comment (general laughter in the hall)

Chai, Ndi Anambra mepenu anya unu!

Ifeanyi Ubah all the way

Re: Fall Out From Anambra Debate: Obiano Does Not KnowThe Meaning Of Immunity Clause by mekaboy(m): 12:03am On Nov 02, 2013
I think it is u guys on nairaland that do not know what immunity is. that is a very serious issue which any smart nigerian politician will try to avoid in other not to contradict himself in future.

it is like asking a christian US presidential aspirant if he supports same sex marriage.

if he says yes, he will loose voters, if he says no he will loose voters.

so its best for him to stay out of that zone.
Re: Fall Out From Anambra Debate: Obiano Does Not KnowThe Meaning Of Immunity Clause by Chamackh(m): 6:20am On Nov 02, 2013
mekaboy: I think it is u guys on nairaland that do not know what immunity is. that is a very serious issue which any smart nigerian politician will try to avoid in other not to contradict himself in future.

it is like asking a christian US presidential aspirant if he supports same sex marriage.

if he says yes, he will loose voters, if he says no he will loose voters.

so its best for him to stay out of that zone.
I like the way you give your analysis, this goes to show that you learned and well matured. Keep it up bro.
Re: Fall Out From Anambra Debate: Obiano Does Not KnowThe Meaning Of Immunity Clause by akpomeme(m): 6:29am On Nov 02, 2013
uj_sizzle: At least he was honest, and agreed to go consult the constitution for further study embarassed

Oh well...o chukwu g'azoputa ndi Anambra.

It is a shame ... There is no dignity I'm being clueless! This is basis of bashing Ifeanyi Ubah for long. Now that he has shown to understand what the people want better than any other candidate you all are now trying to justify cluelessness because it Obiano in question!!! Shameless elitist Nigerians.
Re: Fall Out From Anambra Debate: Obiano Does Not KnowThe Meaning Of Immunity Clause by Pukkah: 8:48am On Nov 02, 2013
The future of Anambra is in the hands of Anambrarians.

They will live with the consequences, positive or negative, of voting whoever majority of them vote for.

But it's just so obvious that Obiano is unprepared and an Obi's stooge.

Pray, how can the immunity clause which has been topical since 1999 be above his head? Does it mean he's been totally apathetic or suffering from amnesia?

The choice is up to the people of Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Fall Out From Anambra Debate: Obiano Does Not KnowThe Meaning Of Immunity Clause by UjSizzle(f): 9:00am On Nov 02, 2013
akpomeme:

It is a shame ... There is no dignity I'm being clueless! This is basis of bashing Ifeanyi Ubah for long. Now that he has shown to understand what the people want better than any other candidate you all are now trying to justify cluelessness because it Obiano in question!!! Shameless elitist Nigerians.
There's really no dignity in being clueless, that much I understand from your reponse to my post.
Please read again slowly, and this time try to understand before typing the first defensive comment that comes into your head.
Re: Fall Out From Anambra Debate: Obiano Does Not KnowThe Meaning Of Immunity Clause by Donjazzy12(m): 9:13am On Nov 02, 2013
This election will prove whether Anambra people are intelligent or rich and foolish. Willie Obiano is clearly an unprepared stooge who has never been tested in any way in public service. The man is a disaster waiting to happen!
Re: Fall Out From Anambra Debate: Obiano Does Not KnowThe Meaning Of Immunity Clause by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 02, 2013
He he he!!!

Obiano seems like a man who never even dreamt of being a Governor.
Asi na onye Amaghi na oga echi ozo, Ozo rube ya, o gbaru eriri ozo, gbarue ya na ukwu.

It is like standing between a cliff and the deep blue sea.
If you vote Obiano, we vote in Fidelity Bank and Obi's lack of political Sagacity.
Not only that, we will be endorsing and rubber stamping the zoning politics that Obi is trying to introduce.
A phenomenon that has been ravaging Enugu state with the constant fight between Nsukka and Ngwo.
Who wants to live in that kind of tension.
Not voting Obiano will shut Obi up and clean up his zoning misadventure from our dictionary.

Voting Ngige is like bring in the debt collector.
Cause he has to pay all the money Tinubu gave him with interest before anything will go forward in the state.
Not to talk of the poor marksmanship in aligning with an opposition party. How can Zik's home state deviate from his forward looking mainstream political ideology.
How do we explain allowing a Yoruba dominated party to capture the heart of Igboland, that's like reliving the Biafra war all over again.

Voting Ifeanyi Uba is like letting a thief into your house, and telling him to make his selection of your jeweries.
Under him Orient Petroleum will be privatised into his pocket, but at least the refineries will be functional and employ people. But I doubt teachers will be paid in the next four years, maybe once in three months.

I hear of Tony Nwoye, but a thug is a thug. No vision, no ambition, no ideology.
Which way do we go?

I was serious hoping someone else, who has regard for motherland.
Someone not afraid to be tainted for home, just like Soludo?
Where are the men of the land?
Why are we left in Slumber?
Emeka Offor, Ernest Azudialo, Author Eze, Igwe Okpoko of Oba, Igwe Nnaemeka Acheba, the Peoples Club of Nigeria, Emeka Anyaoku, Alex Ekwueme and no less Soludo needs to ask themselves questions about where the boat is drifting to. Oliver si na o bu obodo onweghi onye nwe ka ewu na ata.
Re: Fall Out From Anambra Debate: Obiano Does Not KnowThe Meaning Of Immunity Clause by asha80(m): 9:43am On Nov 02, 2013
KenGali: He he he!!!

Asi na onye Amaghi na oga echi ozo, Ozo rube ya, o gbaru eriri ozo, gbarue ya na ukwu.

If you vote Obiano, we vote in Fidelity Bank and Obi's lack of political Sagacity.
Not only that, we will be endorsing and rubber stamping the zoning politics that Obi is trying to introduce.
A phenomenon that has been ravaging Enugu state with the constant fight between Nsukka and Ngwo.
Not voting Obiano will shut Obi up and clean up his zoning misadventure from our dictionary.

Cause he has to pay all the money Tinubu gave him with interest before anything will go forward in the state.
Not to talk of the poor marksmanship in aligning with an opposition party. How can Zik's home state deviate from his forward looking mainstream political ideology.
How do we explain allowing a Yoruba dominated party to capture the heart of Igboland, that's like reliving the Biafra war all over again.

Voting Ifeanyi Uba is like letting a thief into your house, and telling him to make his selection of your jeweries.
Under him Orient Petroleum will be privatised into his pocket, but at least the refineries will be functional and employ people. But I doubt teachers will be paid in the next four years, maybe once in three months.

I hear of Tony Nwoye, but a thug is a thug. No vision, no ambition, no ideology.
Which way do we go?

Emeka Offor, Ernest Azudialo, Author Eze, Igwe Okpoko of Oba, Igwe Nnaemeka Acheba, the Peoples Club of Nigeria, Emeka Anyaoku, Alex Ekwueme and no less Soludo needs to ask themselves questions about where the boat is drifting to. Oliver is na o bu boo do onweghi onye new ka ewu na ata.

ernest azudialu aka nestoil is doing his own part to develop anambra state.he does not have to be in politics to do so. http://www.century-power.com/projects/cpg-okija-ipp.html
Re: Fall Out From Anambra Debate: Obiano Does Not KnowThe Meaning Of Immunity Clause by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 02, 2013
KenGali: He he he!!!

Which way do we go?

Emeka Offor, Ernest Azudialo, Author Eze, Igwe Okpoko of Oba, Igwe Nnaemeka Acheba, the Peoples Club of Nigeria, Emeka Anyaoku, Alex Ekwueme and no less Soludo needs to ask themselves questions about where the boat is drifting to. Oliver is na o bu boo do onweghi onye new ka ewu na ata.

I hope you will be open-minded to my opinion

Why do people think Ngige is or will be subservient to a Tinubu?

Thank God APC has a presence in Edo state for the past 6years or so,has Adams Oshiomhole had any issues with a Tinubu or even his own party leader in Edo and South-South Tom Ikimi? Has governance suffered in any way in Edo state? Are Edo people feeling inferior in any way to the Yorubas since Edo fell under the 'imaginary expansionist' theory of the APC as most of you are touting?

Who even says APC is a Yoruba dominated party? Know ye not that Nigeria is sitting on a tripod leg of WA-ZO-BIA with the Minority groups of course not the least important also

The Wa-zo-bia is well entrenched in the PDP and without doubt and there is the need to have a counterforce to the PDP hence the formation of APC.

Will an Ngige who battled an home grown godfather and came out with the popularity he presently enjoys now just willy-nilly threw his integrity away which he won via tear-sorrow and blood only to go and kowtow to a foreign Godfather?

There is need for Ndigbo to try an alternative route towards attaining your political aspirations as you don't put all your eggs in one basket! That is what your leaders like Ngige,Okorocha,Ogbonnaya Onu,Osita Izunaso,Annie Okonkwo,Sharon Ikeazor,Anyim Nyerere are trying to do

To continue to think that the PHD tribal political philosophies of both Awolowo and Zik will continue to define who we the youths of this age wants to be defies logic

If our progenitors preached hate and villification,should we also travel that path to self destruction?

The bigots sure won't see any reason in what I have written but for those who are exposed and open-minded I think there is a lesson we can all learn and not always allow these people to turn us against each other for their political gain

Every single person knows that Ngige is the best amongst the whole lot

1 Like

Re: Fall Out From Anambra Debate: Obiano Does Not KnowThe Meaning Of Immunity Clause by Chino72: 10:50am On Nov 02, 2013
Clerverly: The APGA candidate in November 2013 governorship Election Mr. Obiano today confirmed a widely held belief about his unpreparedness and lack of knowledge about the workings of government when he embarrassed his sponsor/godfather and supporters with his response to some issues raised in the debate.

But this one is unpardonable!
here goes the proceedings;

Moderator: Mr. Obiano, do you support immunity clause or do you want it expunged from the constitution?

Obiano: (Looks at his written script to search for the word) clears his voice, I don't know what immunity is all about,( then delves into campaign) You know we have to check the kind of people we elect, I am more qualified than others , you know em em ....you know

Moderator (cuts In) Mr. Obiano, the question is do you support immunity clause to be retained.

Obiano: I cant talk about the immunity, because I don't know the reason why it is in the constitution, I have to consult and study it before I can comment (general laughter in the hall)

Chai, Ndi Anambra mepenu anya unu!

Its obvious you are the confused person here. Because to start with need to understand his response first before rushing to the NL. No matter the blackmail, nothing will make us vote the Islamic Yorobar APC party into the Zik's House.
Re: Fall Out From Anambra Debate: Obiano Does Not KnowThe Meaning Of Immunity Clause by Chino72: 10:53am On Nov 02, 2013
DerideGull:

Bros now I know why the basement fools are controlling the destinies of most Nigerians. The man gave a correct and intelligent answer to a question the poser does not even fully understood yet these intellectual midgets have the effrontery to insult Obiano on Nairaland.

No wonder mere coughing appears to these dingbats as corruption.

That is the point! When intelligent people talks, you will know..
Re: Fall Out From Anambra Debate: Obiano Does Not KnowThe Meaning Of Immunity Clause by Clerverly: 1:29pm On Nov 02, 2013
Chino72:

That is the point! When intelligent people talks, you will know..

Bia Nwa Fidelity Bank! O gini?
Re: Fall Out From Anambra Debate: Obiano Does Not KnowThe Meaning Of Immunity Clause by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 02, 2013
asha 80: ernest azudialu aka nestoil is doing his own part to develop anambra state.he does not have to be in politics to do so. http://www.century-power.com/projects/cpg-okija-ipp.html

Boy am I impressed?
Men 1500MW in my home state, na Job be that Oh!
And the EPC for the project has been tendered. That is great or rather marvellous of Mr Ernest Azudialo! Really

But still he needs to take a passive interest in the issue of leadership. When the real men express their interest, charlatans are forced to leave the village square. But when we all keep quiet, every tom dick and harry becomes a power broker. That my brother is disguised Anarchy.
Re: Fall Out From Anambra Debate: Obiano Does Not KnowThe Meaning Of Immunity Clause by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 17, 2013
chidyhels: grin
If u check hs weac result nw,govt will be A.
Na naija we dey,he wl still win,that is why Adaobi wl never leave jona side.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) / I Have Told My People That Unless They Give Me N100 Each,i Won't Run - Okorocha / My 7 Thoughts On The New Shekau Video.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.