Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,956 members, 7,883,348 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 09:25 AM

The Heartbreaking Poem A 14yr Old Girl Wrote Before She Killed Herself - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Heartbreaking Poem A 14yr Old Girl Wrote Before She Killed Herself (2424 Views)

Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy / Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. / Pastor Defiled A 14yr Old Girl And Made Her Undergo Abortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Heartbreaking Poem A 14yr Old Girl Wrote Before She Killed Herself by raheemat21: 12:56pm On Nov 02, 2013
Izzy Dix (pictured below), a gifted pupil who had ambitions to go to Oxford University, took her own life after complaining she could no longer cope with being bullied, both at school and online.
‘Izzy would come home and sob in my arms" Her mother Gabbi said "They called her “ugly”, “freak”, “frigid”. If she put her hands up in class, she’d be labelled a “swot” and they’d snigger at her, or make crude comments. They’d exclude her from events, tell her to go home, she wasn’t wanted. They’d turn their backs on her, literally. When she did come home, it didn’t stop, because it doesn’t, these days. They name-called her by text, then online. She’d log onto Facebook and get abuse. Then onto that awful site Ask.fm and be subjected to filth."
14 yr old Izzy committed suicide on September 17th. Her mother explained what happened that night
"When she came home from school that night, she seemed tired and a bit cranky. We had words because I wanted to watch The Great British Bake Off and she didn’t. But there was nothing to suggest she was going to do what she did. I remember she painted her nails - she was so meticulous about how she looked - then went up to her room and did her homework, had a shower, got her bag ready for school, laid out her uniform. I popped in and we had another chat about how the bullying was getting on top of her. It was nothing we hadn’t done 100 times before, and I’d always give her the talk about how she was stronger than the bullies.
‘Then I went downstairs while she got ready for bed. I had a cup of tea and a cigarette — she hates me smoking so I did it outside. I was gone 15 minutes, tops. In that 15 minutes my life was destroyed.’
When she came back inside, Gabbi went back upstairs to see if Izzy was getting into bed, but the bedroom door did not swing back as usual.
‘Something was blocking it, and it was Izzy,’ she says, and breaks down completely.
Her description of the hours that followed is too awful to relate in detail, but she managed to get her daughter’s body down and dial 999, then ran hysterically into the street. Neighbours tried to revive Izzy while she ‘just took off’.
‘It’s all a blur. At one point I ran into a car. A police officer had to restrain me.
‘I remember him saying, “I am so sorry to have to do this” as he got me to the ground.’
Not long before her suicide, Izzy wrote a heartbreaking poem about her ordeal.She called it I Give Up

Re: The Heartbreaking Poem A 14yr Old Girl Wrote Before She Killed Herself by Sepp360(m): 1:04pm On Nov 02, 2013
this girl is beautiful!... Jokes apart!.... Anyway, RIP Izzy Dix.
Re: The Heartbreaking Poem A 14yr Old Girl Wrote Before She Killed Herself by Sleekydee(m): 1:12pm On Nov 02, 2013
Are u kidding mi? This gurl is beautiful na...haba!!! this is y we all need Jesus, she wud av had inner peace. RIP sha.
Re: The Heartbreaking Poem A 14yr Old Girl Wrote Before She Killed Herself by dominique(f): 1:50pm On Nov 02, 2013
What a sad end to such a pretty girl. Those bullying her were probably intimidated by her beauty and brillance. This high school bullying of a thing has totally gotten out of hand. If only the victims knew that suicide is not the solution... RIP Izzy sad
Re: The Heartbreaking Poem A 14yr Old Girl Wrote Before She Killed Herself by Freiburger(m): 2:06pm On Nov 02, 2013
''Another piece of me chiselled away
by their cruel remarks and perceptions''
Very heartbreaking.
Re: The Heartbreaking Poem A 14yr Old Girl Wrote Before She Killed Herself by Fynestboi: 3:26pm On Nov 02, 2013
Gosh this is so annoying undecided RIP
Re: The Heartbreaking Poem A 14yr Old Girl Wrote Before She Killed Herself by Emmyk(m): 5:21pm On Nov 02, 2013
The girl is pretty.

Nawa for this oyinbo people sef, if it were in Nigeria, and someone is bullying you in school, if cant take it no more, just report to your teacher, all parties involved are gonna chop koboko. But this cant happen in these countries...
Re: The Heartbreaking Poem A 14yr Old Girl Wrote Before She Killed Herself by Vladm(m): 12:56am On Nov 03, 2013
*Speechless*.,.. Funny enough shez very beautiful..... Wen 2 much freedom has been given 2 d said bullies, they cant b flogged or punishd, highest dey get iz detention which looks lyk tym 4 siesta in nigeria.... Wateva happend 2 spare d rod nd spoil d child.. RIP beautiful sister 4rm anoda moda...
Re: The Heartbreaking Poem A 14yr Old Girl Wrote Before She Killed Herself by jussodynamic: 6:24am On Nov 03, 2013
Nawa ooo! Feel her pain though, there are moments it feels as if ur whole world is crumblin and and u feel sooo helpless on hw 2salvage the whole situation!! Wish she realized dat suicide isn't the solution!
Feel sori for mum!
Rip 2hr!

(1) (Reply)

Bird Turns Witch Woman In Oshodi After Falling From High Tension / Pictures: 10 Most Expensive Useless Things / Video+photos: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 Official Trailer (2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.