Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,918 members, 7,872,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:30 AM

Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm (4236 Views)

Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 / Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by donphilopus: 5:32pm On Nov 02, 2013
Sweden fought back from a goal down to beat Honduras 2-1 in the final day of action at the Khalifa Bin Zayed Stadium. The Scandinavians, playing in their first FIFA U-17 World Cup, are now through to the semi-finals where they will face mighty Nigeria who won their quarter final match against Uruguay by 2 goals to nil, for a second time at these finals.

Sweden will be playing Nigeria on Tuesday the 5th of October in the semi Final, and the winner of the match is expected to play either Mexico or Argentina in the Final.

Sweden and Nigeria have met in the group stage in the ongoing Fifa U17 World cup and the game ended with a 3 - 3 draw.
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by donphilopus: 5:35pm On Nov 02, 2013
NB: My thread is the one that carries the headline first, so any other one should be locked/removed or closed

1 Like

Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by donphilopus: 6:00pm On Nov 02, 2013
Preview later, but updated partially
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by joshbam: 6:03pm On Nov 02, 2013
Nigeria must win Like

2 Likes

Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by Unblockable: 6:04pm On Nov 02, 2013
No doubt, we'll lift the trophy

1 Like

Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by DonphilopusGuy: 6:05pm On Nov 02, 2013
Thumbs Up For Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by Mosino95(m): 6:10pm On Nov 02, 2013
Nigeria all the way

1 Like

Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by Enegod(m): 6:41pm On Nov 02, 2013
this thread should locked bcoz Nigeria Uruguay match neva finish angry

1 Like

Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by donphilopus: 6:45pm On Nov 02, 2013
Enegod: this thread should locked bcoz Nigeria Uruguay match neva finish angry
Have we not won??

Anyways!!! Anyhow!!!
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by souleymon(m): 6:48pm On Nov 02, 2013
donphilopus: NB: My thread is the one that carries the headline first, so any other one should be locked/removed or closed

Check Time lol ... i carry am before you
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by donphilopus: 6:52pm On Nov 02, 2013
souleymon:

Check Time lol ... i carry am before you
E posibu??
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by Havilah93(m): 7:05pm On Nov 02, 2013
@op, you could have least waited for the quarter final match to end first
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by donphilopus: 7:10pm On Nov 02, 2013
Havilah93: @op, you could have least waited for the quarter final match to end first
Is the game not over??
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by Havilah93(m): 7:13pm On Nov 02, 2013

1 Like

Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by sureteeboy(m): 7:18pm On Nov 02, 2013
To be sincere, this thread ought to be Locked. It was created when the quarter final match started
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by donphilopus: 7:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
Havilah93:

so was the game over before you created the thread?
It was about to be over!!!

Check other threads na, not only mine...

Anyways, Victory is sure for us
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by donphilopus: 7:50pm On Nov 02, 2013
sureteeboy: To be sincere, this thread ought to be Locked. It was created when the quarter final match started
Let me tell you when the match started and Nigeria was leading by a goal, I created this thread and the subject was " Sweden Vs Nigeria/Uruguay but when I discovered you created a similar thread and others and the heading was Sweden Vs Nigeria and the match was still on by then so I also decided to modify my thread.....

When did you create yours??

Was the match not on when you created yours??
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by donphilopus: 8:17pm On Nov 02, 2013
It's a must win for Nigeria
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by donphilopus: 8:40pm On Nov 02, 2013
Nigeria will be playing at Dubai after winning Uruguay 2 goals to Nil
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by donphilopus: 8:49pm On Nov 02, 2013
Three-time champion Nigeria booked their place in the semifinals of the Fifa U-17 World Cup in UAE with a 2-0 win over Uruguay in Sharjah.

Taiwo Awoniyi – deputising for the injured Success Isaac – scored both goals in a game that was a true test of the Golden Eaglets’ title aspirations. The African favourites will now meet Sweden in the semifinal round, in a replay of their 3-3 Group F draw.

Uruguay had the first chance of note after only six minutes when Enrique Etcheverry crossed low through the penalty area. The impressive Leandro Otormin got a boot to the ball, but could only direct his effort wide of goal. It was a false dawn for the 2011 runners-up, however, as the Golden Eaglets took the game by the scruff of the neck after 18 minutes.

The Nigerians, who scored 18 goals in their four games heading into the quarterfinal round, opened the scoring from a fabulous piece of creative interplay. Kelechi Iheanacho, scorer of five goals at these finals, laid a wonderful through ball, perfectly weighted, from deep in midfield that was latched onto by Taiwo Awoniyi. The striker made no mistake, hitting home to the back post for his second goal of the tournament.

Stunned into action, the South Americans had a decent spell shortly after. Kevin Mendez and Otormin both tested Dele Alampasu from distance with powerful efforts. But it was Nigeria who controlled most of the possession and created the more dangerous chances. Captain Musa Muhammed’s cross from the right after 34 minutes was only just missed on the doorstep by the tall and rangy Awoniyi.

The second half started with a flurry of chances for Nigeria, Awoniyi and Musa Yahaya both going close to scoring after creating space for themselves at the edge of the penalty area. Uruguay were hanging on, absorbing wave after wave of Nigerian attacks. In the 68th minute, Iheanacho turned and fired from the edge of the box only for his shot to come flying off the back of a brave Uruguayan defender.

The knockout blow finally came in the 79th minute, and it followed the same pattern as the first Nigerian goal. Iheanacho picked up a perfect pass at the edge of the area from Chidiebere Nwakali and carried the ball toward goal with an elegant touch. The Uruguayan defence collapsed on the No 10, but he had the presence of mind to pull the ball across the face of goal, where Awoniyi stabbed home inside the far post to send the fans into hysterics.

Manu Garba’s Nigeria now move on to their seventh U-17 World Cup semifinal, where they will face another thorough examination in the form of the organised and talented Swedes in Dubai.
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by donphilopus: 8:51pm On Nov 02, 2013
Nobody can stop Nigeria from winning the game
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by Unblockable: 8:52pm On Nov 02, 2013
Sai Nigeria
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by joshbam: 8:54pm On Nov 02, 2013
We've been winning them since 1800
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by donphilopus: 9:00pm On Nov 02, 2013
joshbam: We've been winning them since 1800
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by Unblockable: 9:03pm On Nov 02, 2013
Me like Nigeria
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by DonphilopusGuy: 9:06pm On Nov 02, 2013
Nigerians LIKE

Non-Nigerians QUOTE WRONG
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by donphilopus: 9:13pm On Nov 02, 2013
I must pledge Loyalty to my Nation
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by Mosino95(m): 9:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
If you think Nigeria will win, let me hear you say YEA
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by joshbam: 9:20pm On Nov 02, 2013
Mosino95: If you think Nigeria will win, let me hear you say YEA
Mosino95: If you think Nigeria will win, let me hear you say YEA
YEA
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by donphilopus: 9:22pm On Nov 02, 2013
joshbam: YEA
grin grin grin Are you minding him/her??
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by donphilopus: 9:24pm On Nov 02, 2013
No need of saying YEA coz we know Nigeria is already victorious
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm by donphilopus: 9:28pm On Nov 02, 2013
U17 World Cup: Sweden vs. Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Champions League Round Of 16 Fixtures / Arsenal Sack Mikel Arteta / Who Is The Best Coach In The World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.