Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,861 members, 7,889,875 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:23 PM

The Catholic Church Is Satanic - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Catholic Church Is Satanic (8671 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / Pastor Chris And T.b Joshua Are Satanic. (pst Chris Is A White Demon) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by Incrizz(f): 12:05pm On Nov 03, 2013
philfearon:
What is the Contents of the Ark Of God that God ordered the Israelites to build and carry with them?
Oh sorry, thought you meant Noah's ark.

This is the content of the ark: Exodus 25:16 "When the Ark is finished, place inside it the stone tablets inscribed with the terms of the covenant, which I will give to you."

Please. I modified my post which you quoted, thanks.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by okpurukata(f): 12:34pm On Nov 03, 2013
I have one word for the op. the same words the Lord Himself told Peter, THE GATES OF HELL WILL NEVER PREVAIL OVER MY CHURCH. @ OP, you have tried with your copy and paste. BUT I command thee, LIsten to the words of God to you, gate of hell (Insert your name), you have failed woefully once again.

If you are man enough, tell me the name of your church, who the pastor is and the address, then I will tell you one or two things.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by philfearon(m): 12:41pm On Nov 03, 2013
Incrizz:
Oh sorry, thought you meant Noah's ark.
Please. I modified my post which you quoted, thanks.
Thats How u people chose to believe lies over the real Thing......
Is Gen6-7 about the Ark of God? Smh!
Read Exodus19:20;24:18,and Exodus25 for the Ark of God!!
If at all you comprehend well,You will realise That Cherubs and the Mercy Seat were represented in The Ark....So,is God now contradicting Himself? Telling us not to make any graven Image in Heaven,yet also telling us to do Same again by representing Entities in the Ark?
You sure need to Stop attacking What You dont Know.......If at all you all know the Contents of the Prayers u say we pray to Mary,you wont be displaying your Ignorance in Public!
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by SalC: 1:15pm On Nov 03, 2013
Incrizz:

They prefer to hear that Mary did not have other children than accept the truth of God's word calling James "the Lord's brother."Mark 6:3, John 7:5, Gal 1:19 and say the Bible meant realtives instead. Yet they have no qualms accepting that the apostles who were mentioned as brothers are brothers. Simply to maintain the deity of Mary, which she's not as only God is deity. The only reason a virgin birth was necessary was to maintain the deity of Christ.
If after going through the verses you provided here^^ and studying Mark3 V 16- 19 you can't tell me which apostle James is actually the Lord's brother, then you should thank the Catholics for being more truthful than yourself.
Show us between two apostles of Jesus named James, who is actually the son of Mary mother of Jesus.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by Incrizz(f): 1:23pm On Nov 03, 2013
philfearon:
So,is God now contradicting Himself? Telling us not to make any graven Image in Heaven,yet also telling us to do Same again by representing Entities in the Ark?

There was a debate on this issue and there is a write-up I read somewhere that intelligibly helps to express my take on this seeming "error" as some have put it.
Here's is my answer in this write-up:

Claimed Error: In Exodus 20:4, we see the widely known prohibition in the Ten Commandments to make no graven image, yet in Exodus 25:18, God commands Moses to prepare two golden cherubim (i.e. graven images) to sit atop the Ark of the covenant.

The very simple answer to this "contradiction" is merely to point out that the critic apparently has not bothered to read Exodus 20:4 in context.

Quite clearly, the very next verse (v.5) provides the stipulated purpose for the prohibition on graven images - which is that they are not to be bowed down to and worshipped.

This commandment prohibits idols and other artefacts to which man might be tempted to ascribe the glory and place of God. This commandment does not prohibit the making of all statuary or other artistic representations of men, animals, etc. It merely forbids the use of visual images for worship or as aids in worship - to help one "imagine" God or through which the attention of worship might be directed.

Worshippers of God are to know that His children walk by faith, and not by sight. It is demeaning to the worship of God to create an image and then use it as a visual representation of God or as a way of "reaching" God.

Thus, all idols are forbidden, as would things like crucifices, statues of Mary or the saints, and even artistic pictures of Jesus (if the picture is being used as an aid in worship).

Any graven image which is made to be bowed down to or is used to help one envision or pray to God is covered in this commandment.

However, "graven images" in the more general sense of artistic adornment and what not are quite clearly not covered in the stipulating addendum of verse 5.

This is why the 2nd commandment is not then in contradiction with Exodus 25:18. The cherubim on the ark of the covenant were not produced for the purpose of serving as a worship aid to Israel.

There was no intention for them to be bowed down to or used as a channel for envisioning or reaching God. Their purpose was didactic (to teach God's holiness as they symbolically guarded the mercy seat) and artistic.

Indeed, other than on very exceptional occasions early in Israel's history (such as when the Ark was brought out to go before an army, etc.), the Ark was hidden from view in the Tabernacle, and then later in the Temple.

In the Temple, only the High Priest could enter into the Holiest of Holies where the Ark was located, and then only once a year to make atonement for the nation. Hence, it would not have even been available most of the time to serve as a worship aid, even if the people had desired to use it for such.

Indeed, the Bible does record an instance where a graven artefact which had originally been produced for a non-worship purpose began to be revered and worshipped, and was thus destroyed as an idol.

This would be the brazen serpent produced by Moses in Numbers 21:8-9.

The Bible records in II Kings 18:4, the children of Israel had begun to burn incense to the brazen serpent (apparently preserved as a treasured national artifact), thus going beyond merely acknowledging its place in their history and into an act of outright worship of the image.

Because of this, King Hezekiah broke the image into pieces during his campaign to rid Judah of idolatry. This shows, then, the dichotomy which exists Scripturally between mere artistic, graven works, and those works which are used as aids in worship or even as replacements for God in worship. The brazen serpent was perfectly fine until it began to be misused as an object of worship, and then it became an idol to be destroyed
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by asamaigho(m): 1:32pm On Nov 03, 2013
italo:

See hypocrite o!

Aren't you the one that disappeared from that thread where is asked you:

Q 1: Through whom did the couple at the wedding in Cana get to the Father?

My answer: through Jesus.

Q 2: Through whom did they get to Jesus?

Your answer?

It is you that dodges obvious truth when your fowl yansh blow.

nahh, i cnt run away on any ground omoboy i solid for this mara.
as to yhor kwestion, let me assume yhu hv nt read d bible widely,it is understandable especially from yhor CATHOLIC background, I was there before...try read jn 16:23" AND IN THAT DAY YE SHALL ASK ME NOTHING,VERILY VERILY I SAY TO YOU,WHATSOEVER YE SHALL ASK THE FATHER IN MY NAME HE WILL GIBE TO YOU"......neva was any christian in the bible asking mary to ask Jesus to ask Baba God for anything.
neva in the bible was any devotion or worship(bowing before images weda mary or jesus,joseph) acknowledge in the church,apart the one imported by feminist catholic popes,its juzt like creating ofice for the Gej mother in the nigerian constitution,cos were are even fed up with pej's first lady's nonsense, no tax payers money will go in rubbish,so it is not in the bible so i dnt believe in that crapppppp try sell 'em to .........
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by Incrizz(f): 1:36pm On Nov 03, 2013
Sal C: If after going through the verses you provided here^^ and studying Mark3 V 16- 19 you can't tell me which apostle James is actually the Lord's brother, then you should thank the Catholics for being more truthful than yourself.
Show us between two apostles of Jesus named James, who is actually the son of Mary mother of Jesus.
James, the brother of Jesus is not one of the Apostles.

These two James are different from James the brother of Jesus.

When scripture called John the brother of James, Catholics do not say, "oh, the scripture meant "relative" but when Scripture calls James (a different James), Jesus brother, they go, "oh! Bible meant "his relative." You get me?

That is what I meant by my quote right below and not that the two James mentioned in the list of the Apostles are the ones Scripture calls the Lord's brother
They prefer to hear that Mary did not have other children than accept the truth of God's word calling James "the Lord's brother."Mark 6:3, John 7:5, Gal 1:19 and say the Bible meant relatives instead. Yet they have no qualms accepting that the apostles who were mentioned as brothers are brothers.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by Incrizz(f): 1:48pm On Nov 03, 2013
italo:

Q 1: Through whom did the couple at the wedding in Cana get to the Father?

My answer: through Jesus.

Q 2: Through whom did they get to Jesus?

Your answer?

They didn't go through Mary. Rather Mary told them.

John 2:5 But his mother told the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”

I can't remember reading anywhere in Scriptures that the servants implored Mary to beg her Son. You get..?

John Chapter 2:
1 The next day there was a wedding celebration in the village of Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there,
2 and Jesus and his disciples were also invited to the celebration.
3 The wine supply ran out during the festivities, so Jesus’ mother told him, “They have no more wine.”
4 “Dear woman, that’s not our problem,” Jesus replied. “My time has not yet come.”
5 But his mother told the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”

After which Jesus miraculously turned water into wine. It's all about Jesus, you know smiley
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by pastormustwac: 1:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
This is quite interesting. We have been over this matter before. . . .
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by italo: 2:07pm On Nov 03, 2013
Incrizz:
They didn't go through Mary. Rather Mary told them.

John 2:5 But his mother told the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”

I can't remember reading anywhere in Scriptures that the servants implored Mary to beg her Son. You get..?

John Chapter 2:
1 The next day there was a wedding celebration in the village of Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there,
2 and Jesus and his disciples were also invited to the celebration.
3 The wine supply ran out during the festivities, so Jesus’ mother told him, “They have no more wine.”
4 “Dear woman, that’s not our problem,” Jesus replied. “My time has not yet come.”
5 But his mother told the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”

After which Jesus miraculously turned water into wine. It's all about Jesus, you know smiley

If you do not see Mary's intercession in that passage, you are not worth discussing with.

You should be treated the way passers-by treat a ranting lunatic on the street.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by philfearon(m): 2:16pm On Nov 03, 2013
Incrizz:

There was a debate on this issue and there is a write-up I read somewhere that intelligibly helps to express my take on this seeming "error" as some have put it.
Here's is my answer in this write-up:

Claimed Error: In Exodus 20:4, we see the widely known prohibition in the Ten Commandments to make no graven image, yet in Exodus 25:18, God commands Moses to prepare two golden cherubim (i.e. graven images) to sit atop the Ark of the covenant.

The very simple answer to this "contradiction" is merely to point out that the critic apparently has not bothered to read Exodus 20:4 in context.

Quite clearly, the very next verse (v.5) provides the stipulated purpose for the prohibition on graven images - which is that they are not to be bowed down to and worshipped.

This commandment prohibits idols and other artefacts to which man might be tempted to ascribe the glory and place of God. This commandment does not prohibit the making of all statuary or other artistic representations of men, animals, etc. It merely forbids the use of visual images for worship or as aids in worship - to help one "imagine" God or through which the attention of worship might be directed.

Worshippers of God are to know that His children walk by faith, and not by sight. It is demeaning to the worship of God to create an image and then use it as a visual representation of God or as a way of "reaching" God.

Thus, all idols are forbidden, as would things like crucifices, statues of Mary or the saints, and even artistic pictures of Jesus (if the picture is being used as an aid in worship).

Any graven image which is made to be bowed down to or is used to help one envision or pray to God is covered in this commandment.

However, "graven images" in the more general sense of artistic adornment and what not are quite clearly not covered in the stipulating addendum of verse 5.

This is why the 2nd commandment is not then in contradiction with Exodus 25:18. The cherubim on the ark of the covenant were not produced for the purpose of serving as a worship aid to Israel.

There was no intention for them to be bowed down to or used as a channel for envisioning or reaching God. Their purpose was didactic (to teach God's holiness as they symbolically guarded the mercy seat) and artistic.

Indeed, other than on very exceptional occasions early in Israel's history (such as when the Ark was brought out to go before an army, etc.), the Ark was hidden from view in the Tabernacle, and then later in the Temple.

In the Temple, only the High Priest could enter into the Holiest of Holies where the Ark was located, and then only once a year to make atonement for the nation. Hence, it would not have even been available most of the time to serve as a worship aid, even if the people had desired to use it for such.

Indeed, the Bible does record an instance where a graven artefact which had originally been produced for a non-worship purpose began to be revered and worshipped, and was thus destroyed as an idol.

This would be the brazen serpent produced by Moses in Numbers 21:8-9.

The Bible records in II Kings 18:4, the children of Israel had begun to burn incense to the brazen serpent (apparently preserved as a treasured national artifact), thus going beyond merely acknowledging its place in their history and into an act of outright worship of the image.

Because of this, King Hezekiah broke the image into pieces during his campaign to rid Judah of idolatry. This shows, then, the dichotomy which exists Scripturally between mere artistic, graven works, and those works which are used as aids in worship or even as replacements for God in worship. The brazen serpent was perfectly fine until it began to be misused as an object of worship, and then it became an idol to be destroyed

You did good in your Explanation,and as a Catholic,i admit That Many Catholics sometimes tend to Forget The Role of Mary,and thereby many of the Acts they do in Honour of Mary is misinterpreted to be Worship....
Your are right too to acknowledge that graven images can be made,but not to be worshipped...Right in the sense that,if Graven images were not to be made at all,then both the Cherubs{A clear representation of heavenly Entity} and the Serpent shouldnt be made at all,i.e,if Exodus20:4 is to be wholistically implemented...
The thing is just to know the Place of Everything in the Worship of God....As far as it is not intended to be a worship to Mary,it can never be a Worship..God looks from the Inside,and not from The Outside....
But am disapointed that with all ur enlightenment,u call us Satanic!! Dont judge!
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by SalC: 2:52pm On Nov 03, 2013
Incrizz:
James, the brother of Jesus is not one of the Apostles.

These two James are different from James the brother of Jesus.

When scripture called John the brother of James, Catholics do not say, "oh, the scripture meant "relative" but when Scripture calls James (a different James), Jesus brother, they go, "oh! Bible meant "his relative." You get me?

That is what I meant by my quote right below and not that the two James mentioned in the list of the Apostles are the ones Scripture calls the Lord's brother
The verse you provided Gal 1V 19 reads thus" But I saw none of the other apostles except James the Lord's brother.
Deduce for yourself if he is an apostle or not because am not dwelling on that.

Now to the issue of James and John being brothers Mark 3V17 reads"James and his brother John;the sons of Zebedee, Jesus gave them the name Boanerges which means Men of Thunder.
As you can see, the bible clear state the fact that they have thesame father 'that's Zebedee'. That clarifies the fact that they are brothers.

Now the greek word "adelphos' being translated 'brother' has a wide range of meaning. It could be blood brother, cousin, relative, kinsman or even countryman.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by Incrizz(f): 2:55pm On Nov 03, 2013
philfearon: ..God looks from the Inside,and not from The Outside....
But am disapointed that with all ur enlightenment,u call us Satanic!! Dont judge!
Then, I must apologize. I never called Catholics that. But I realize now commenting under a topic with such a title must mean I support the assertion. I don't.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by Incrizz(f): 3:00pm On Nov 03, 2013
italo:

If you do not see Mary's intercession in that passage, you are not worth discussing with.

You should be treated the way passers-by treat a ranting lunatic on the street.
No p.
Now my turn. My question to you: Did the servants beg Mary to beg Jesus or not?
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by Incrizz(f): 3:06pm On Nov 03, 2013
Sal C:
Now the greek word "adelphos' being translated 'brother' has a wide range of meaning. It could be blood brother, cousin, relative, kinsman or even countryman.
Exactly my point.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by 4C2215131: 3:13pm On Nov 03, 2013
O.T.I.S:
Pot calling Kettle black....

“Religions are all alike- founded upon fables and mythologies.” -Thomas Jefferson

Given the OP's 'evidence' as an intellectual I daresay on the face of it he makes a case,though I do not hold brief for him nor his opposers. My mind is independent of popular opinion with regard to matters of religion.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by philfearon(m): 3:20pm On Nov 03, 2013
Incrizz:
Then, I must apologize. I never called Catholics that. But I realize now commenting under a topic with such a title must mean I support the assertion. I don't.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by SalC: 3:40pm On Nov 03, 2013
Incrizz:
Exactly my point.
If that's your point, then you have no case against the catholics as regards this because all we do is to assign the most appropriate meaning to the word being translated.

In the case of James and John which you used as example, it would have been inappropriate to say they are relatives and not blood brothers since its clear they are of thesame father.
But in the case of Jesus and James, the scripture did not in any place assign thesame mother or father to them.

Again using the KJV, if you take a look at Gen 29 V 15, the scripture referred to Jacob as Laban's brother; but we all know that Jacob is actually Laban' cousin. Now we cannot insist that both of them are blood brothers when we clearly know they are not.

In essence, what the Catholic church does is to translate most appropriately.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by Imobus: 4:42pm On Nov 03, 2013
Firstly i am not the one who wrote all this. As can be seen on page 0 i posted the link so people can read more about it. There is really no need to get over emotional about this nor insulting me will make much difference. If you do not like what i wrote, then ignore this thread. Nobody is forcing Catholics to give up on their believes, was just sharing something i read. I believe that Catholic Church is satanic and Jehovah Witness is an occult(that's another story for another day), that's what i think and am entitled to it.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by Imobus: 4:45pm On Nov 03, 2013
okpurukata: I have one word for the op. the same words the Lord Himself told Peter, THE GATES OF HELL WILL NEVER PREVAIL OVER MY CHURCH. @ OP, you have tried with your copy and paste. BUT I command thee, LIsten to the words of God to you, gate of hell (Insert your name), you have failed woefully once again.

If you are man enough, tell me the name of your church, who the pastor is and the address, then I will tell you one or two things.
Man enough? It's funny how everyone just assumes i am male. There is no sex on my name. You won't know my church or pastor as am not based in Nigeria. Besides i would not give you my address even if you paid me. Read your bible very well and the truth shall be revealed to you.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by T3Amo(f): 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2013
This reminds me of something i watched. It was about a heaven/hell experienced and this young girl said she saw Pope John Paul 11 in hell. Her name was Angelica Zambrano, her testimony is on youtube
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by Imobus: 5:08pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ephesians 6:10-12
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by Syncan(m): 5:40pm On Nov 03, 2013
Imobus 爱: Firstly i am not the one who wrote all this. As can be seen on page 0 i posted the link so people can read more about it. There is really no need to get over emotional about this nor insulting me will make much difference. If you do not like what i wrote, then ignore this thread. Nobody is forcing Catholics to give up on their believes, was just sharing something i read. I believe that Catholic Church is satanic and Jehovah Witness is an occult(that's another story for another day), that's what i think and am entitled to it.

You sure are entitled to your opinion, however you are expected to form your opinion based on facts. Some people believe that snake evolve from stone, they are also entitled to their opinion. However, when you make it public in this manner, it becomes something else. There is what we call slander, and that is when you make negative allegations against another which is false. I believe before you opened this thread, you never knew about the equilateral triangle as one of the earliest symbols of the Trinity, nor did you know about the crucifix turned upside down and always found on the seat of Peter, as symbol of his own upside down crucifixion. You termed all these demonic based on falsehood and that is slander on the Church. I had earlier made some scripture references, you may want to visit them.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by amaralizzy40y: 8:27pm On Nov 03, 2013
woky: responding to dis dude's thread will be wasting of time...

Time wasted can never be regain! I have alot to do with my time..

#i guess you are looking for the catholics attention, but u will never get it#
i think say you get power. make u try d OP na.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by amaralizzy40y: 8:35pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ajibam: damn... where is italo??
Abeg find him.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by amaralizzy40y: 8:42pm On Nov 03, 2013
Sal C: Hmm Frosbel junior in the making.

Ignorant people like the Op deserve no response.
you can do more than dis, say sumtin to op's comment na.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by amaralizzy40y: 8:49pm On Nov 03, 2013
italo:

Dear friend. Even death cannot stop you from being a Catholic.

The Saints and Souls in purgatory are still part of the Catholic Church.

"I believe in the Holy Catholic Church, the Communion of saints!"

Amen and amen?!
if sumbody dies hell direct or heaven direct notin lyke purgatory
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by amaralizzy40y: 8:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
woky: silent is the best answer givn to a fool..
face op n make sum debate on his comment na y d guy na.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by SalC: 8:59pm On Nov 03, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:
you can do more than dis, say sumtin to op's comment na.
I responded to those who deserved it.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by amaralizzy40y: 8:59pm On Nov 03, 2013
woky: see what am talking about..
Responding to dis guys is jst wasting of time..
realy
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by amaralizzy40y: 9:05pm On Nov 03, 2013
[quote
author=sidvinci]

dude I know where you copied those trash you posted on the wall for us.
if and if I didn't see you in heaven don't beg me to dip my little
finger into water and give you water cos I and my fellow brothers and
sisters will not do that.

That's my own [/quote] Are u sure ur name dy 4 heaven book of live.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Satanic by amaralizzy40y: 9:29pm On Nov 03, 2013
pastormustwac: This is quite interesting. We have been over this matter before. . . .
pastor must wac, i love dat name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Michael Jackson And Pope John Paul Ii Are Both Burning In Hell Fire / Pope Francis Leads Global Fasting, Prayer Day For Syria Peace / What Does Bible Mean By "The Righteousness That Exceeds That Of The Pharisees?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.