Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,117 members, 7,907,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 10:21 PM

Why Are Christians Supporting Gays/gay Marriage? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Christians Supporting Gays/gay Marriage? (674 Views)

Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples / If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? / Are Christians in Conflict or Does the Bible Contradict Itself? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Christians Supporting Gays/gay Marriage? by vickyO(f): 4:08pm On Nov 04, 2013
I wonder why Christians support gay marriages. they claim Jesus never condemned homosexuals for once. But when defining marriage Jesus said, man shall leave his parent and cling to his wife, two shall become one. he didn't say, 'Pharisees wait o, that one is for heterosexual. the gay Jewish community can also do the same by marrying the same sex and becoming one'. That's one way to show that homosexuality isn't right. no one is horrible because they sin but that doesn't make sinning ok. there are nice gays with good intentions and hearts but that doesn't make homosexuality right. there are nice people who steal, kill, fornicate, accuse falsely but that doesn't make what they do ok. We need to die to self and kill the flesh. Christians shouldn't get soft towards unrighteousness. Jesus said, if any part of your body will hinder your path to heaven cut it off.
Naturally we love sin and the Bible says many have sinned and come short.......but shall we continue in sin for grace to abound? Homosexuality is a sin like fornication, adultery and the likes, it isn't different.
Re: Why Are Christians Supporting Gays/gay Marriage? by cheezkid(m): 4:25pm On Nov 04, 2013
hmmm yet to see a christian supporting gay marriage .
buh i think homosexuals are not to be blamed cos that aw they were created, its not if their own making .
No man will want to sex its fellow man angry angry
Re: Why Are Christians Supporting Gays/gay Marriage? by vickyO(f): 4:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
its a sinful act and we were all born in the sinful nature. homosexuality is a sin, its not an exception. well, I have seen Christians who do. some of them are one NL.
Re: Why Are Christians Supporting Gays/gay Marriage? by Iceman296: 4:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
OP Which Religion Supports Homosexuals?
Re: Why Are Christians Supporting Gays/gay Marriage? by vickyO(f): 4:42pm On Nov 04, 2013
Iceman296: OP Which Religion Supports Homosexuals?
I don't know. you can Google it.
Re: Why Are Christians Supporting Gays/gay Marriage? by Iceman296: 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2013
vickyO:
I don't know. you can Google it.
I don't Need to, Because No religion would Accept Homosexuals. They Can Only Thrive in Climes Morally Inept. So Don't Single Out Christianity!
Re: Why Are Christians Supporting Gays/gay Marriage? by vickyO(f): 4:57pm On Nov 04, 2013
Iceman296:
I don't Need to, Because No religion would Accept Homosexuals. They Can Only Thrive in Climes Morally Inept. So Don't Single Out Christianity!
the reason, I singled out Christianity is because we all could relate to the bible. and there is no solid base for morality in an heterogeneous country like Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Christians Supporting Gays/gay Marriage? by Iceman296: 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2013
vickyO:
the reason, I singled out Christianity is because we all could relate to the bible. and there is no solid base for morality in an heterogeneous country like Nigeria.
Okay. I Guess you are Christian that's why. Homosexuality don't have any Business with Religion, Its a Psychological Disorder that's Caused by Ones Environment. It has to with Culture and Societal Acceptance. Will you say USA ain't a Christian or Multi Religious Country? No But Its Accepted There. In Nigeria, Its Rejected Because of Our Culture. High Moral Culture!!
Re: Why Are Christians Supporting Gays/gay Marriage? by vickyO(f): 5:14pm On Nov 04, 2013
Iceman296:
Okay. I Guess you are Christian that's why. Homosexuality don't have any Business with Religion, Its a Psychological Disorder that's Caused by Ones Environment. It has to with Culture and Societal Acceptance. Will you say USA ain't a Christian or Multi Religious Country? No But Its Accepted There. In Nigeria, Its Rejected Because of Our Culture. High Moral Culture!!
if you say so. I'm not against it. guess I should be more proud of my continent. but the Bible serves as a check for Christians who accept it.
Re: Why Are Christians Supporting Gays/gay Marriage? by Iceman296: 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
vickyO:
if you say so. I'm not against it. guess I should be more proud of my continent. but the Bible serves as a check for Christians who accept it.
Christains Who accept do that On their own Accord. Who are these Homosexuals? Are they Not Christians too? Dont they go to Church like Every other Human? The Only thing is that their Choice of Partner are Different. Like i said, Religion Does not Have a Say in Homosexuality. Society Does!
Re: Why Are Christians Supporting Gays/gay Marriage? by vickyO(f): 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2013
Iceman296:
Christains Who accept do that On their own Accord. Who are these Homosexuals? Are they Not Christians too? Dont they go to Church like Every other Human? The Only thing is that their Choice of Partner are Different. Like i said, Religion Does not Have a Say in Homosexuality. Society Does!
religion has a say in it also. we shouldn't drag this cause we aren't viewing this from the same point and it's quite too early to derail the thread.
Re: Why Are Christians Supporting Gays/gay Marriage? by Iceman296: 5:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
vickyO:
religion has a say in it also. we shouldn't drag this cause we aren't viewing this from the same point and it's quite too early to derail the thread.
No matter the Point we Both View this, One thing is Certain between us.

We Both Don't Support it.
Re: Why Are Christians Supporting Gays/gay Marriage? by vickyO(f): 5:35pm On Nov 04, 2013
Iceman296:
No matter the Point we Both View this, One thing is Certain between us.

We Both Don't Support it.
yeah.
Re: Why Are Christians Supporting Gays/gay Marriage? by ayobase(m): 3:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
The answer is Simple...they are NOT christians!

Maybe definition of "Christian" will tell!
Re: Why Are Christians Supporting Gays/gay Marriage? by peterphd(m): 5:14pm On Nov 05, 2013
God also created homosexual animals so why the noise about "high moral culture"? Is Nigeria more moral than Britain? Hypocrisy @ its peak.why not kill all albinos 'cause they are different? There's even a hint of evidence to say Jesus was gay. Jesus said love all but Christians just keep judging.Spread love and not hate.
Re: Why Are Christians Supporting Gays/gay Marriage? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 05, 2013
some christians are actually in support of it. We have gay churches every where. One use to operate here in Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Christians Supporting Gays/gay Marriage? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 05, 2013
@op which christian did you see or hear of supporting this poo? you know very well that 'christians' will not support it.
Re: Why Are Christians Supporting Gays/gay Marriage? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
sbaks: @op which christian did you see or hear of supporting this poo? you know very well that 'christians' will not support it.
what about the anglican church and her gay and lesbian bishops?
Re: Why Are Christians Supporting Gays/gay Marriage? by vickyO(f): 11:10am On Nov 06, 2013
souldust: what about the anglican church and her gay and lesbian bishops?

(1) (Reply)

No Condition Is Permanent True Love Still Exist (read This And Comment) / The LEVERAGE / Mary In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.