Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,450 members, 7,917,372 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 02:31 AM

Why Believe In Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Believe In Jesus? (1575 Views)

The Israelite Church Of God In Jesus Christ, Inc. / I Do Not Believe in God / Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Believe In Jesus? by macof(m): 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2013
I want all Christians to state why they believe in Jesus, And give prove that Christianity is not a false religion created for political advantages by The Romans.

I want Christians to prove that Judaism(Israel's religion) is superior to Yoruba spirituality.

The reason for the above is because Christianity was formed from Judaic doctrines

I want Christians to prove that Jesus is the only son of God
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by anthoniosp(m): 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
chei .. ASUU oooooooooooooooooooooh
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by macof(m): 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
anthoniosp: chei .. ASUU oooooooooooooooooooooh
Am not a 9ja Uni student

2 Likes

Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by remmyton(f): 5:29pm On Nov 04, 2013
I must tell u, most of us believe in wateva we believe because we are brought up dat way by our parents.

Believing in Christ Jesus at first is because I grew up in a Christian family, now is because, I av asked him a lot in prayers n believe me when I say they are answered

1 Like

Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by tsidra(f): 5:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
Either you believe in him or you are screwed forever. Shikena
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by Lawconfessor(f): 6:11pm On Nov 04, 2013
I believe in Christ Jesus cos He's d saviour of d universe.

Isaiah prophesied of his coming as Emmanuel, Prince of peace, wonderful counsellor, Mighty God, Eternal Father which depict equality wif d Father.

Christianity= followers of CHRIST. He appointed St. Peter d head, upon whom He institutioned and commissioned His great church..
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by Dhurmynick(m): 6:27pm On Nov 04, 2013
believe it or not.. he's real
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
Dhurmynick: believe it or not.. he's real

In your mind
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by Dhurmynick(m): 6:51pm On Nov 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

In your mind

In our hearts
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
Dhurmynick:

In our hearts

If he exist in your hearts then he didn't exist as person.
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by Dhurmynick(m): 7:33pm On Nov 04, 2013
because you hold the person you love dear to your heart doesn't mean he aint real.. grow up will ya
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:57pm On Nov 04, 2013
tsidra: Either you believe in him or you are screwed forever. Shikena

very immature answer. how old are you?
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by macof(m): 12:06am On Nov 05, 2013
Dhurmynick: because you hold the person you love dear to your heart doesn't mean he aint real.. grow up will ya

Why love Jesus? Your don't even know him

Do you love ur Great grand father?
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by macof(m): 12:07am On Nov 05, 2013

Why do u say so? Give prove

Cause I can give prove that he is false
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by Dhurmynick(m): 5:16am On Nov 05, 2013
macof:

Why love Jesus? Your don't even know him

Do you love ur Great grand father?

yh.. cause without his sper3 i wuldnt have surfaced on earth.. And if not for Gods grace he might av died b4 giving pesin belle.
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by Dhurmynick(m): 5:17am On Nov 05, 2013
i believe y'all are jihadists right
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by Emusan(m): 7:51am On Nov 05, 2013
macof: I want all Christians to state why they believe in Jesus, And give prove that Christianity is not a false religion created for political advantages by The Romans.

I want Christians to prove that Judaism(Israel's religion) is superior to Yoruba spirituality.

The reason for the above is because Christianity was formed from Judaic doctrines

I want Christians to prove that Jesus is the only son of God

I so much love this your question!
I believe in Him because the man who died about 2000years ago is still alive today. How did I know? Simply because He had revealed Himself to me which is the major evidence I have about. Initially I was born into a christian home but along the line I almost lost my faith as a result of rational thinking and more study of science but I thank God that He revealed Himself to me in due time, if not I might have been like some people here in NL. Like I always say I'm not a pastor but I'm a living testimony of God's existence and the my saviour Jesus Christ.

Shalom!
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by freeradical(m): 8:47am On Nov 05, 2013
;DMacof u don start another Jesus bashing thread ba? Before I tell you why I believe in Jesus can you tell me your stance about God's existence (whether u bliv he exists or not)and the purpose of your existence?
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by macof(m): 9:27am On Nov 05, 2013
Dhurmynick:

yh.. cause without his sper3 i wuldnt have surfaced on earth.. And if not for Gods grace he might av died b4 giving pesin belle.
thats a good reason for loving ur great grandfather however, why do u insult him by calling him a demon worshipper and hell's candidate?
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by Dhurmynick(m): 9:30am On Nov 05, 2013
macof: thats a good reason for loving ur great grandfather however, why do u insult him by calling him a demon worshipper and hell's candidate?

i aint insulting him.. I'm insulting you
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by macof(m): 9:31am On Nov 05, 2013
Emusan:

I so much love this your question!
I believe in Him because the man who died about 2000years ago is still alive today. How did I know? Simply because He had revealed Himself to me which is the major evidence I have about. Initially I was born into a christian home but along the line I almost lost my faith as a result of rational thinking and more study of science but I thank God that He revealed Himself to me in due time, if not I might have been like some people here in NL. Like I always say I'm not a pastor but I'm a living testimony of God's existence and the my saviour Jesus Christ.

Shalom!

You give no prove.

you say jesus is still alive? where is his home address?
is jesus immortal to still be alive after 2000yrs?
He revealed himself to u? in flesh or in ghost mode?
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by macof(m): 9:33am On Nov 05, 2013
Dhurmynick:

i aint insulting him.. I'm insulting you
insulting me? for what?
and answer why do u love jesus? a man u dont know
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by macof(m): 9:34am On Nov 05, 2013
says who and what prove do u have?
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by Dhurmynick(m): 9:34am On Nov 05, 2013
macof: insulting me? for what?
and answer why do u love jesus? a man u dont know

it's a leap of faith
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by macof(m): 9:36am On Nov 05, 2013
Dhurmynick:

it's a leap of faith
so u just believe for no reason? is that not stupidity?
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by Dhurmynick(m): 9:39am On Nov 05, 2013
macof: so u just believe for no reason? is that not stupidity?

And wat do u call all these ancient artifacts dat r being excavated by archaeologists that prooves he's real
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by macof(m): 9:53am On Nov 05, 2013
Dhurmynick:

And wat do u call all these ancient artifacts dat r being excavated by archaeologists that prooves he's real
no no u mis-understand me, I am nt saying Yeshua was not real, all am saying is that the story of him being the only son of God, savior of our souls and only way to heaven is false.
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by Dhurmynick(m): 10:09am On Nov 05, 2013
macof: no no u mis-understand me, I am nt saying Yeshua was not real, all am saying is that the story of him being the only son of God, savior of our souls and only way to heaven is false.

well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:11am On Nov 05, 2013
remmyton: I must tell u, most of us believe in wateva we believe because we are brought up dat way by our parents.

Believing in Christ Jesus at first is because I grew up in a Christian family, now is because, I av asked him a lot in prayers n believe me when I say they are answered

Give one example of your answered prayer.
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by macof(m): 10:19am On Nov 05, 2013
Dhurmynick:

well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion
no! everyone is entiled to not believe a lie
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by Dhurmynick(m): 11:07am On Nov 05, 2013
macof: no! everyone is entiled to not believe a lie

kk. whatever makes you happy
Re: Why Believe In Jesus? by macof(m): 11:09am On Nov 05, 2013
Dhurmynick:

kk. whatever makes you happy
so u care not that u have been lied to all ur life? u know what kind of damage lies imprint on the soul?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Last Thread: Have I Now Become The Catholic Enemy because I Told Them The Truth? / Can Brother Hood Of Cross(o.o Ogbu) Solve My Problem / Who Got Baptised 1st? Tom Cruise Or Van Damme (see Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.