Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,794 members, 7,915,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 07:02 PM

Why Is It That The Most Problematic Clients Are Those That Pay Least - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Is It That The Most Problematic Clients Are Those That Pay Least (596 Views)

Web Sites That Pay Up To Fifty Dollar Per Post / Best Ad Affiliate Programs/networks That Pay Per Impression.suggestions Needed. / List Of Affliate Programs That Pay Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It That The Most Problematic Clients Are Those That Pay Least by velo10: 5:53am On Nov 05, 2013
I used to think this was simply a joke when other professionals complained untill a friend of mine showed me big pepper.

Firstly, the least I do standard websites for is 30k. However, a friend of mine after much pleading, consideration and using our friendship affilation got me to do his website for 12k (including webhosting which costs 5k, take home is 7k grin grin grin). He paid me 6k upfront. After registering his site, I told him to get all his site information so I work with it. This guy took me 2 months before forwarding only pictures. All that while, he was complaining that I didn't take his work serious.

With the little images and company text not up to half an MSWord document's page, this guy was expecting me to wow him. I did the best I could creating a Wordpress site and using two slides for his home page. I even had to source some content for the site. After delivering, all I have been hearing is this/that. The website needs to be improved. The website is not just it. It is not up to a standard website. I did minor tweaks I could, still complaints from here and there. He wants me to redevelop the site. I had to tell him that this isn't MSWord or Coreldraw. This is a programming and design.

I refused to do more about his site cos the wahala is not the price. Even as a friend I see it as an exploitation of friendship. Anyways, now he is telling me that untill his site is up to standard, I wont get my remaining balance. Since my web development career began 3 years ago, I am yet to get a client like this. What remains suprising is that so far, he is the one that paid me least? I have had clients paying up to 70k but they never give me even half of this. I even don;t mind redesigning 3 times to please them.

What do you think guys?
Re: Why Is It That The Most Problematic Clients Are Those That Pay Least by hilaryiwens05: 2:50pm On Nov 05, 2013
BECUS DEY NEVER SEE VALUE IN WAT DEY PAY FOR CHECP PRICE
velo10: I used to think this was simply a joke when other professionals complained untill a friend of mine showed me big pepper.

Firstly, the least I do standard websites for is 30k. However, a friend of mine after much pleading, consideration and using our friendship affilation got me to do his website for 12k (including webhosting which costs 5k, take home is 7k grin grin grin). He paid me 6k upfront. After registering his site, I told him to get all his site information so I work with it. This guy took me 2 months before forwarding only pictures. All that while, he was complaining that I didn't take his work serious.

With the little images and company text not up to half an MSWord document's page, this guy was expecting me to wow him. I did the best I could creating a Wordpress site and using two slides for his home page. I even had to source some content for the site. After delivering, all I have been hearing is this/that. The website needs to be improved. The website is not just it. It is not up to a standard website. I did minor tweaks I could, still complaints from here and there. He wants me to redevelop the site. I had to tell him that this isn't MSWord or Coreldraw. This is a programming and design.

I refused to do more about his site cos the wahala is not the price. Even as a friend I see it as an exploitation of friendship. Anyways, now he is telling me that untill his site is up to standard, I wont get my remaining balance. Since my web development career began 3 years ago, I am yet to get a client like this. What remains suprising is that so far, he is the one that paid me least? I have had clients paying up to 70k but they never give me even half of this. I even don;t mind redesigning 3 times to please them.

What do you think guys?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Advertise On My Blog? / Very Attractive Offer For Website Designer/administrator / Build An Adsense Niche Website In Seconds With This Desktop Adsense Site Builder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.