Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,880 members, 7,915,528 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 05:48 AM

The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! (2813 Views)

Scotland Scottish Referendum: Voters To Reject Independence - BBC / Scotland Yard Detectives Identified In Uk Bribing Scandal - James Ibori / Scotland To Split From Uk. CAN PRO-INDEPENDENCE PARTY BE FORMED IN NIGERIA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by Katsumoto: 6:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
@ OP

First, please read up on the Acts of Union which united the English and Scottish Parliaments in 1707.

Second, I also don't believe that a referendum was carried out before Biafra was declared.

Third, I also don't believe that Scotland took over Britain violently, implemented a unitary form of Government, and then declared an Independent nation after Scottish sons were kicked out of power.

The process of becoming an independent state takes many years. The Scottish have been on this journey since the mid-19th century. A number of factors has made it longer than it should have.
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 05, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I don't believe that the Scotish people have assassinated British leaders or the Queen, neither have they claimed any part of UK occupied by minority groups as their own. Be honest for once in your life and live up to your user name. Ode

It is a fact that no Lord Noblezone from Biafra invaded and forcefully took over the land and the resources of Scotland and later by a piece of paper formed "one" Britain.
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 05, 2013
Katsumoto: @ OP

First, please read up on the Acts of Union which united the English and Scottish Parliaments in 1707.

Second, I also don't believe that a referendum was carried out before Biafra was declared.

Third, I also don't believe that Scotland took over Britain violently, implemented a unitary form of Government, and then declared an Independent nation after Scottish sons were kicked out of power.

The process of becoming an independent state takes many years. The Scottish have been on this journey since the mid-19th century. A number of factors has made it longer than it should have.

Before I read up the Acts of the Union which united the English and Scottish parliaments in 1707, i will galdly like to first and foremost read up the Acts of the union which united the Jihardists with the Biafrans in 1914.

There was no need for that referendum then, but we need it now.

Sir, Biafra did not take over Nigeria violently and then declared independent after her sons were kicked out of power.

I don't know which history you have been reading.

Biafra was not declared because "our sons" were kicked out of power! It was declared because Our sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, uncles, aunties, nephews, nieces. brothers, sisters, young, old, were being slaughtered across Nigeria by Nigerians and there was no moves to stop it.

Let me remind you that when we say that Anioma part of Delta belongs to us, you say no. yet Nzeogwu whom you call "our son" is from Anioma!

Cheers

4 Likes

Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by funnyx(m): 6:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I don't believe that the Scotish people have assassinated British leaders or the Queen, neither have they claimed any part of UK occupied by minority groups as their own. Be honest for once in your life and live up to your user name. Ode

This is a below the belt punch for Onlylies, ndu chucks why na grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by dridowu: 7:00pm On Nov 05, 2013
noblezone:

I do not value anything I did not earn.
I don't have to lobby anybody for anything.

It is easier said than done , with this your post i wish you well in your Biafra Dream
**********Sign Out**********
Proudly Nigeria Boy To The Core.
God Bless Federal Republic Of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by funnyx(m): 7:00pm On Nov 05, 2013
I don't think an average Scottish will vote for independence, Scotland cannot simply sustain itself and many Scottish know this themselves. All the noise about independence is just a political strategy by SNC to hold on to power.
Scotland is presently being subsidized by England and I can bet that if they chose to become Independent, they'll be bankrupt within 5 years.
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 05, 2013
dridowu: It is easier said than done , with this your post i wish you well in your Biafra Dream
**********Sign Out**********
Proudly Nigeria Boy To The Core.
God Bless Federal Republic Of Nigeria

Sign out for real. You don't belong here.
You people have built a culture of mediocrity.
In your world, there cant be progress without lobby and lies.
In my world, progress is made only through hard work.
Shame on Nigeria.

God bless Republic of Biafra!

2 Likes

Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by Katsumoto: 7:05pm On Nov 05, 2013
funnyx: I don't think an average Scottish will vote for independence, Scotland cannot simply sustain itself and many Scottish know this themselves. All the noise about independence is just a political strategy by SNC to hold on to power.
Scotland is presently being subsidized by England and I can bet that if they chose to become Independent, they'll be bankrupt within 5 years.

This I agree with. Also why the Scottish haven't gone for a referendum in all these years.

The irony about Scottish independence move is that it was started by Nationalists who claim that Britain was giving more money to Ireland which wasn't a part of the Union.

So lets see who carries the day - economic interests or Scottish nationalism.
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by nrdgeek: 7:11pm On Nov 05, 2013
When the CIA said Nigeria might break up in 2015, we all sniffed at them.
Una go fear oyinbo. Military planning executed with clinical precision.

1 Like

Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by funnyx(m): 7:16pm On Nov 05, 2013
Katsumoto:

This I agree with. Also why the Scottish haven't gone for a referendum in all these years.

The irony about Scottish independence move is that it was started by Nationalists who claim that Britain was giving more money to Ireland which wasn't a part of the Union.

So lets see who carries the day - economic interests or Scottish nationalism.

I watched some of Scottish nationalist talk about how the north sea oil will bring much wealth to Scotland, they forget that by the time they take their own share of the UK debt their income will be so eroded that they'll have little left.
Also what about the NHS, security and currency? At the moment Scotland is running a nanny state with almost everything free; prescription, University fees (almost free) and many more. And this is a country that is very racist and hostile to immigrants. Apart from oil companies, I don't know of any way they can attract many more viable business to Scotland, it will be interesting to see how everything unfolds.
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 05, 2013
noblezone:

It is a fact that no Lord Noblezone from Biafra invaded and forcefully took over the land and the resources of Scotland and later by a piece of paper formed "one" Britain.
What is disturbing you about the concept of one Nigeria?. You should know by now that no amount of ethnic irredentism and tribal bigotry will stop the march of one Nigeria.
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2013
noblezone:

Biafra was not declared because "our sons" were kicked out of power! It was declared because Our sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, uncles, aunties, nephews, nieces. brothers, sisters, young, old, were being slaughtered across Nigeria by Nigerians and there was no moves to stop it.
Let me remind you that when we say that Anioma part of Delta belongs to us, you say no. yet Nzeogwu whom you call "our son" is from Anioma!
Cheers
That's nonsense and you know it. In fact the last of many actions actions of Ojukwu that precipitated the shooting war was a sequestration of federal oil revenues.
In fact you can say that Odumegwu Ojukwu brought war to the entire people of Eastern region by his stubborness whilst engaging in shameful rabble rousing and crass opportunism.
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by 9Willywilly: 7:36pm On Nov 05, 2013
tensor777:
What is disturbing you about the concept of one Nigeria?. You should know by now that no amount of ethnic irredentism and tribal bigotry will stop the march of one Nigeria.
There is nothing like the march of one Nigeria, very soon every one is going to answer his papa name.
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by EngrH: 7:39pm On Nov 05, 2013
Below is the conversation among these yoruba dudes. The know their region will be up in flame if nigeria divides... by shymexx(m): 10:12pm On
Nov 04
naijababe:
It is easy to blame Balewa
and Zik for 'wetie' but the
real culprits were our
leaders namely Awo &
Akintola! The dichotomy of
the Western Yoruba vs.
Eastern Yoruba of old is still
very much alive and well .
I don't know much about it,
however, if it's still strong. Then
it would definitely re-appear in
any type of regionalism, or
federal unit the Yoruba's would
be classified as. Because there
would be a "center" and that
might re-open old wounds.
However, with outright
balkanization and true-
federalism in the new country,
where Western and Eastern
Yoruba (or should I say each
subgroup) would constitute a
single federal unit - that wouldn't
be a problem.
So if you're against balkanization
because of that, then the current
status quo in Nigeria remains the
safe bet.
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: Groups Launch Plans To
Break Nigeria *Moves To Revive
Biafra Republic Intensify*
by naijababe(f): 10:22pm On
Nov 04
shymexx:
however, if it's still strong.
Then it would definitely re-
appear in any type of
regionalism, or federal unit
the Yoruba's would be
classified as. Because there
However, with outright
balkanization and true-
federalism in the new
country, where Western and
Eastern Yoruba (or should I
say each subgroup) would
constitute a single federal
unit - that wouldn't be a
problem.
So if you're against
balkanization because of
that, then the current status
quo in Nigeria remains the
safe bet.
Driven by the need to outdo
those we consider competitions,
Yoruba would fare well in a
Nigeria under a regional
structure or Confederacy. As
much as I dislike Tinubu, you
certainly can't argue with what
he has achieved in making
Yorubas want to work together
and he has achieved that mainly
because 'we' see the FG as a
deterrence to our progress/
advancement.
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
by St_Black(m): 10:30pm On Nov
shymexx:
however, if it's still strong.
Then it would definitely re-
appear in any type of
regionalism, or federal unit
the Yoruba's would be
classified as. Because there
However, with outright
balkanization and true-
federalism in the new
country, where Western and
Eastern Yoruba (or should I
say each subgroup) would
constitute a single federal
unit - that wouldn't be a
problem.
So if you're against
balkanization because of
that, then the current status
quo in Nigeria remains the
safe bet.
ShyMexx to be frank, a new Odua
will inevitably face certain
challenges, ones that would be
as a result of the contention that
will ensue between powerful
traditional statesmen. !
Let me take this instance.
We today's Westerners see a
Fashola as a Messiah-like force
that as come to be amidst us. But
dont you think Fashola may have
it tough dealing with Falaes, the
Adesinas of Oyo, etc. ....i mean,
the whole picture's just 4kin'
complex & confusing.
Suffice to say, a mistake i believe
we havent addressed is not to
bother to iron out differences
now that the Yoruba bond is still
in good condition.
BUT THE CONCLUSION IS, though
these might all present
themselves as challenges, I STILL
WANT THIS GOD-DAMNED British
Scam called 'Nigeria' GO INTO
FLAMES.
I want it DAMN BADLY Men. !!
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
by naijababe(f): 10:38pm On
Nov 04
St_Black:
ShyMexx to be frank, a new
Odua will inevitable face
certain challenges, ones that
would be as a result of the
contention that will ensue
between powerful
traditional statesmen. !
Let me take this instance.
We present Westerners see
a Fashola as a Messiah-like
force that as come to be
amidst us. But dont you
think Fashola may have it
tough dealing with Falaes,
the Adesinas of Oyo, etc. ....i
mean, the whole picture's
just 4kin' complex &
confusing.
Suffice to say, a mistake i
believe we havent
addressed is to iron out
differences now that the
Yoruba bond is still in good
condition.
BUT THE CONCLUSION IS,
though these might all
present themselves as
challenges, I STILL WANT
THIS GOD-DAMNED British
Scam called 'Nigeria' GO
INTO FLAMES.
I want it DAMN BADLY
Men. !!
Look at you! Pitching Oyo and far
away Ondo together. Let's start
with just OYO! Think the powers
that be, the Ibadan strongmen,
the Oyo/Ogbomoso strongmen
and the Ibarapa ones.
Don't even get me started on
Ogun state . We should not cut
our noses just to spite our faces.
Staying in Nigeria as regional
unit is our best option.
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by EngrH: 7:45pm On Nov 05, 2013
Below is katsumoto comment... That is why he is always opposed to Biafra leaving nigeria. They will definitely have another "wetie". After they will claim to be united.... Re: Groups Launch Plans To
by Katsumoto: 10:43pm On Nov
@ shymexx
Naijababe is saying exactly what
I have been stating to you
recently. Regionalism is best.
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by Katsumoto: 7:52pm On Nov 05, 2013
EngrH: Below is katsumoto comment... That is why he is always opposed to Biafra leaving nigeria. They will definitely have another "wetie". After they will claim to be united.... Re: Groups Launch Plans To
by Katsumoto: 10:43pm On Nov
@ shymexx
Naijababe is saying exactly what
I have been stating to you
recently. Regionalism is best.

Are you ok upstairs?

When did I ever state an opposition to Biafra leaving Nigeria? Please supply a post quickly to support your ridiculous claims.

What do I care who stays or leaves Nigeria. My interest in Nigerian affairs is merely academic.
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 05, 2013
tensor777:
That's nonsense and you know it. In fact the last of many actions actions of Ojukwu that precipitated the shooting war was a sequestration of federal oil revenues.
In fact you can say that Odumegwu Ojukwu brought war to the entire people of Eastern region by his stubborness whilst engaging in shameful rabble rousing and crass opportunism.
So its oil revenue dats keeping Nigeria ONE,,,hmmmmmmm
Now I understand what GOWON meant by "Nigeria must be kept One by All means".
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by CyberG: 7:58pm On Nov 05, 2013
noblezone:

Before I read up the Acts of the Union which united the English and Scottish parliaments in 1707, i will galdly like to first and foremost read up the Acts of the union which united the Jihardists with the Biafrans in 1914.

There was no need for that referendum then, but we need it now.

Sir, Biafra did not take over Nigeria violently and then declared independent after her sons were kicked out of power.

I don't know which history you have been reading.

Cheers

By all MEANS, the Aniomas belong to Ibos IF THEY SAY SO! I am sure no part of Nigeria or individual will dispute where the people want to belong or who they say the are! However, it is a very fair and equitable intervention if any other parts of Nigeria stand against Ibos if they forcefully want to annex or subjugate the Aniomas! It is that simple...the same goes for any people from any part of Nigeria!
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
lygn19:
So its oil revenue dats keeping Nigeria ONE,,,hmmmmmmm
Now I understand what GOWON meant by "Nigeria must be kept One by All means".
I ve said it so many times dat if dz oil well were in the north, Nigeria for don break since.
We just dae deceive ourselves here.
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 05, 2013
CyberG:

By all MEANS, the Aniomas belong to Ibos IF THEY SAY SO! I am sure no part of Nigeria or individual will dispute where the people want to belong or who they say the are! However, it is a very fair and equitable intervention if any other parts of Nigeria stand against Ibos if they forcefully want to annex or subjugate the Aniomas! It is that simple...the same goes for any people from any part of Nigeria!
Yes, we agree, also we hope that Nigeria doesn't try to annex or subjugate any part that wants to join the Igbo's...
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by Kponkwem(m): 8:07pm On Nov 05, 2013
I just dey observe
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by Dibiachukwu: 8:09pm On Nov 05, 2013
All those stu..pid a.s.s Nigerians that got involved in killing our women and children. I have only one sentence for you. You are very stu..pid. So you share the damnation, but none of the enjoyment. Freaking demons. Ichawa is doomed to be a slave forever. He should live it up now.
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by EngrH: 8:17pm On Nov 05, 2013
Katsumoto:

Are you ok upstairs?

When did I ever state an opposition to Biafra leaving Nigeria? Please supply a post quickly to support your ridiculous claims.

What do I care who stays or leaves Nigeria. My interest in Nigerian affairs is merely academic.
my friend, stop being an hypocrite. You don't need to state it but your post on all pro Biafra threads show your stand. You don't want a sovereign yoruba nation meaning you don't want others to leave the force union.
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by Katsumoto: 8:24pm On Nov 05, 2013
EngrH: my friend, stop being an hypocrite. You don't need to state it but your post on all pro Biafra threads show your stand. You don't want a sovereign yoruba nation meaning you don't want others to leave the force union.

I see you have issues with comprehension and analysis.

I discuss first republic politics, is there any way one can discuss first republic politics without Biafra being mentioned? Please supply a post of mine that supports your position that I am against Biafra leaving. Do you understand that there is a difference between discussing past events and future plans? Have you seen me on any massob threads?
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by cashkidisback1(m): 8:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
everybody shud kip calm n watch hw nig wil divide in 2015
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by CyberG: 8:35pm On Nov 05, 2013
lygn19:
Yes, we agree, also we hope that Nigeria doesn't try to annex or subjugate any part that wants to join the Igbo's...

Of course! We at least agree on that one.

Personally, I'd want Nigeria to become independent countries with all non-native populations LEAVE to their lands - that is a decision that is not up to them as soon as Nigeria breaks up! Nothing would be better than that but on a more practical note, will other Nigerians and the people in the immediate position to influence this allow their bread and butter be taken away from them?? I really doubt that, they would do anything to keep Nigeria the way it is so that they can keep milking most of its benefit for themselves!

So, perhaps the compromise is for both sides to shift to a middle point where we all gain some and we all lose some - and go to make the best of it - the answer is regional governments! People of other regions might still have some opportunity to come into another region because it is still the same country but I would rather in fact prefer that we all go build our own ends of the country. However, national problems that we have struggled with for so long become more localized - if any peoples cannot solve their problems, they do not hold others down! If a leader is corrupt, the people are only a bus or taxi-ride away to come and ask for his head not when they are hiding 700 - 800 KM away! Quota system is destroyed immediately because everyone now knows there is competition and the regions must make enough money by the end of the month if it must pay salaries, naturally, mostly competent people will be employed! Most people understand that their chances are improved if they can get a good education and try to achieve better results because there is no guaranteed jobs for uneducated or unmotivated workers! The regions who continue incompetence can do just that but they will not be getting a dime from the parts that work hard, not from oil or taxes! If they want to starve to death or bomb themselves off the earth, they can do just that too! Criminals from other parts of the country who have operated without being caught now know that the police in their regions need to earn their pay! An insecure regions will get less and less economic activities so crime must be wiped out! The list goes on and on, however it would be foolhardy to reject the intermediate compromise if we cannot get independent countries now! Nigeria should get the next best thing and maybe in another 50 years, each regions might have found a better way to make things work for the entire country or be in a better position to become independent countries!
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by funnyx(m): 8:38pm On Nov 05, 2013
Katsumoto:

I see you have issues with comprehension and analysis.

I discuss first republic politics, is there any way one can discuss first republic politics without Biafra being mentioned? Please supply a post of mine that supports your position that I am against Biafra leaving. Do you understand that there is a difference between discussing past events and future plans? Have you seen me on any massob threads?

Just ignore him, he sound like one those ignorant posters you've floored in the past and he's looking for a revenge by all means grin grin grin
You probably don't know how battered those folks are by many of your posts, if not for people like you by now it might have been widely accepted that old Oyo ile was somewhere in oguta lake cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by 9Willywilly: 8:41pm On Nov 05, 2013
Thank God, very soon this Devil paradise called Nigeria is going to die a natural death.
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by cashkidisback1(m): 8:49pm On Nov 05, 2013
9Willywilly: Thank God, very soon this Devil paradise called Nigeria is going to die a natural death.
nig is already divided dts y u c northerners killin d ibos..2015 is d official burial date
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by bolayei: 8:50pm On Nov 05, 2013
JUST LIKE NIGERIA
classicEntity: The British government practices Unitary system of govt, under parliamentary monarchy, whereby all components units are semi-independent but are subject to the crown. All the regions; Scotland, wales, N.Ireland, England are independent of each other, they hv there own national team, prime ministers, resource control, police, constitution etc bt what links all unit to london is jst foreign affairs of wich they share 2geda.
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by Katsumoto: 8:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
funnyx:

Just ignore him, he sound like one those ignorant posters you've floored in the past and he's looking for a revenge by all means grin grin grin
You probably don't know how battered those folks are by many of your posts, if not for people like you by now it might have been widely accepted that old Oyo ile was somewhere in oguta lake cheesy grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! by EngrH: 8:55pm On Nov 05, 2013
Katsumoto: "@ shymexx
Naijababe is saying exactly
what I have been stating to
you recently. Regionalism is
best"... You stated the above cos of the problems/supremacy battle that will befall the SW if nigeria divides. You prefer regionalism to a sovereign yoruba land. In order words, you will fight "indirectly" against any move that would lead to the disintegration of nigeria cos its not the best for your region. That is what you are already doing on this thread. Indirect fighting

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video: Thousands Of Russians Already Fleeing As Fight About To Start / Islamic State Using Dolls To Train Children How To Behead Infidels / Russia Vs Israel, Who Will Win In An All Out War?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.