Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,555 members, 7,881,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 11:21 AM

My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! (11608 Views)

My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... / Wife Asks Our Son To Beat Me Up Anytime We Quarrel —pastor Tells Court / My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by Godmother(f): 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
My sister's husband slapped me and beat me up. He said I had d audacity to raise my hand n point at him n stand in front of him so he slapped me.

He's 32 n I'm 29. We ve known for over 10 years n were very close in school. When he asked my sister out I decided to shift away to give them space. Now he's married n wants me to start callin him bros.

My sister just gave birth n is stayin at my house with her baby n son. The hubby came to spend a few days n beat me up. Brough out a belt n wanted to flog me.

I feel so bitter. My sister was clamouring to join to beat me up. But for my younger brother that came n pushed me me into d room n told me to be calm he probably wud av killed me.

My mum did nothing, just told me to be calm n not say a word. She has been petting me but I feel so bitter
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by pickabeau1: 12:16pm On Nov 05, 2013
wow....

Even your sis joined to inflict this assault on u ?

The issue has been on the boil for a while n they used tht oppotunity to get at you
You need to physically isolate yourself

Is there any thing you need from then like money for school etc.. if not sort yourself and fashi them
Let your sister go n meet her husband... cest fini
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by coogar: 12:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
Godmother: My sister's husband slapped me and beat me up. He said I had d audacity to raise my hand n point at him n stand in front of him so he slapped me.

He's 32 n I'm 29. We ve known for over 10 years n were very close in school. When he asked my sister out I decided to shift away to give them space. Now he's married n wants me to start callin him bros.

My sister just gave birth n is stayin at my house with her baby n son. The hubby came to spend a few days n beat me up. Brough out a belt n wanted to flog me.

I feel so bitter. My sister was clamouring to join to beat me up. But for my younger brother that came n pushed me me into d room n told me to be calm he probably wud av killed me.

My mum did nothing, just told me to be calm n not say a word. She has been petting me but I feel so bitter

cöck & bull story....
you did nothing at all, this enraged, psychopathic, brutish, flesh-eating brother in law just came from nowhere & started beating you for no reason. i would have joined them in beating you too if i were there.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by pickabeau1: 12:22pm On Nov 05, 2013
No matter what.. there is no justification for assaulting someone who is helping you do omugwo for your wife

coogar:

cöck & bull story....
you did nothing at all, this enraged, brutish, flesh-eating brother in law just came from nowhere & started beating you for no reason. i would have joined them in beating you too if i were there.

6 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by Elvin247(m): 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2013
thats very gud of him. More grease to his elbow. Next time u go zip ur toto because i knw say u bin wan go entice am.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by coogar: 12:24pm On Nov 05, 2013
pickabeau1: No matter what.. there is no justification for assaulting someone who is helping you do omugwo for your wife

perhaps they don't need her help. she's causing more harm for the family. the type that carries info within the family to the market square. how often do you see husband & wife joining hands to beat wifey's sister?

3 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by pickabeau1: 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2013
coogar:

perhaps they don't need her help. she's causing more harm for the family. the type that carries info within the family to the market square. how often do you see husband & wife joining hands to beat wifey's sister?

hmm... this will be true in some cases but here the sister came to the OP's house
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by coogar: 12:31pm On Nov 05, 2013
pickabeau1:

hmm... this will be true in some cases but here the sister came to the OP's house

she was verbally abusive & the bro-in-law straightened her up to the satisfaction of the OP's sibling. even their mom seems satisfied with the "VIP" treatment meted out to the OP.

my £5 says the OP herself is a cantankerous individual.

11 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by demelza: 12:32pm On Nov 05, 2013
coogar:

cöck & bull story....
you did nothing at all, this enraged, psychopathic, brutish, flesh-eating brother in law just came from nowhere & started beating you for no reason. i would have joined them in beating you too if i were there.
grin Someone came for solace and you are adding petrol to the fire.
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by pickabeau1: 12:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
coogar:

she was verbally abusive & the bro-in-law straightened her up to the satisfaction of the OP's sibling. even their mom seems satisfied with the "VIP" treatment meted out to the OP.

my £5 says the OP herself is a cantankerous individual.

hahaha... coogar!

If the man can beat his SIL, what will he do to his wife....

Even if she is Kate the Shrew, Still no justification to beat a woman,,,,

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by coogar: 12:36pm On Nov 05, 2013
demelza: grin Someone came for solace and you are adding petrol to the fire.

because i am fücking tired of women reporting half-truths that completely overlook their own wrongdoing. she only admitted she pointed an accusing finger to the brother in law & left out what she said to him. if the bro-in-law comes here to tell her own version, you would be surprised at the twist of events.

pickabeau1:
hahaha... coogar!

If the man can beat his SIL, what will he do to his wife....

Even if she is Kate the Shrew, Still no justification to beat a woman,,,,

she was verbally abusive, bro in law was physically abusive. abuse is abuse. don't worry about the wife, she now knows her hubby can't be fücked with.

5 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by pickabeau1: 12:42pm On Nov 05, 2013
coogar:
she was verbally abusive, bro in law was physically abusive. abuse is abuse. don't worry about the wife, she now knows her hubby can't be fücked with.

na wa.. i get you but still no justification to assault a woman,,...

Women have sharp mouths we know but physically laying your hand is not the solution

LOL at the wife complying in fear grin
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by Confirmbabe(f): 12:42pm On Nov 05, 2013
It's obvious Op is still in love with her in law, leave them alone stop poke-nosing, lastly go find your own man and mind your business.
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by pickabeau1: 12:44pm On Nov 05, 2013
Confirmbabe: It's obvious Op is still in love with her in law, leave them alone stop poke-nosing, lastly go find your own man and mind your business.

I think this is an Assumption until the OP confirms this.. we can only use facts in the post
It may be the man who never firgave her for not agrreeing for him and waited for an opportune time to unleash his fury
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by coogar: 12:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
pickabeau1:
na wa.. i get you but still no justification to assault a woman,,...

so you would rather the man ties a scarf around his tiny waist & start exchanging verbal abuses with a woman?

Women have sharp mouths we know but physically laying your hand is not the solution

what's the solution? grin

LOL at the wife complying in fear grin

complying with respect is more apt!
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by Illuminatus(m): 12:47pm On Nov 05, 2013
*In Patience Ozokwor's voice* He slapped you and beat you up? What were you doing? Cowering? You should have picked up something hefty (like say a hard soled shoe) and knocked him senseless, he'll think twice before touching you again.
For your information, it is in your interest that you stay away from him and his house, if you still want to salvage some self worth.
P.S. Sorry if I sound callous, but this just drives me crazy
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by pickabeau1: 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2013
coogar:

so you would rather the man ties a scarf around his tiny waist & start exchanging verbal abuses with a woman?

what's the solution? grin

complying with respect is more apt!
Rather than exchanging words, leave the place.. moreover it is not his house
What if her boyfriend or lover also starts beating the hubby in reparation
Violence begets violence.. get?

The wife is trembling with fear and respect grin grin
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by Godmother(f): 12:50pm On Nov 05, 2013
@ Coogar

Its amazing that you can so bitterly say things when you don't know what went on. I do knw your sex, but I wonder if you would take kindly to an inlaw beatin you up.

@ All
Anyways what happened was this.
My sister asked me to prepare beans as I was about leaving the house. Time was 11am n d beans was for lunch. I couldn't as I was rushing out. I came back early though by 1pm but she had already prepared it n made sure she didn't cook mine. I just told her she had started somtin n shud be prepared to finish up. This is someone I almost broke my back for wen she was in d hospital. I wash her clothes n her baby as well as her son. I bath her son.

I decided to prepare mine but I was boiling. Her hubby borrowed a book frm me n I guess I over reacted cos in my angry state I went to him n told him I wanted to finish up d book. He came to me later in d kitchen n said what I did was rude that I didn't tell him before taking the book. I told him I did n the insisted I didn't. Only for him to say I had d guts to be pointing at him. I asked him how I was pointin at him. I didn't knw I was walking towards him n he said I had d effontery to stand infront of him n d next tin was a slap

I got up still shocked but recovered n rushed him n he slapped me again n started beatin me. I didn't knw wen I hit d kettle on his head. My sister started clamouring to join. Someone I show respect to to d point of even stepping aside for her to pass if we both happen to meet at d doorway.

There's just a year between us and we were coursemates in school. But because of dis I knwe she wud be sensitive about that n go the extra mile to respect her. Now this

This guy disrespects his own elder brothers cos he's the last and has now come clamouring for respect.

And to the person that said I was trying to seduce him I wonder where you got your orientation from
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by pickabeau1: 12:58pm On Nov 05, 2013
hmmm/// sad obviously there are unresolved issues between two of you however you should have not rushed at him
Sorry he took advantage of you but futher aggravation helps no one

Let your sister go back to her house

It is well..

4 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by coogar: 1:00pm On Nov 05, 2013
Godmother:
Its amazing that you can so bitterly say things when you don't know what went on. I do knw your sex, but I wonder if you would take kindly to an inlaw beatin you up.

i don't put myself in situations where i can be beaten up. you were "boiling" cos you didn't get a ration of the beans they cooked. then you "overreacted" when you wanted the book you had lent to your brother in law. petty transfer of aggression. it was your sister that offended you, why direct the aggression to her husband?

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by Confirmbabe(f): 1:00pm On Nov 05, 2013
pickabeau1:

I think this is an Assumption until the OP confirms this.. we can only use facts in the post
It may be the man who never firgave her for not agrreeing for him and waited for an opportune time to unleash his fury
Remember she stated their age difference, she also said 'they were close and had to give him space when he started dating her sister. Even her siblings and mum kept mute because they know she's troublesome, please note i'm not justifying what he did.

Op no vex o, i no be wicked geh.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by coogar: 1:06pm On Nov 05, 2013
pickabeau1: hmmm/// sad obviously there are unresolved issues between two of you however you should have not rushed at him
Sorry he took advantage of you but futher aggravation helps no one

Let your sister go back to her house

It is well..

the OP provoked the bro-in-law & she got exactly what she bargained for. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 05, 2013
No offense,

But your sister's husband lacks manners and is a tout.
Taking out a belt to beat his sister inlaw and in her house for that matter, or is he the one paying the house rent, feeding you or your family.
Even if its your family house and not your personal house, he has no right whatsoever to do such a thing. There are other ways to resolve issues. HABA!!!
If i were in your shoes, i would walk out both the husband and his wife, out of my house for such trash. Arrant nonsense!!!

Next i have a problem with your mother, brother and even your sister. Their inlaw is beating up his wife's sister in her house and they can't say a word. Infact this your story is not complete self!!! You must have hidden some things angry

That man is so disrespectful. Rubbish!!!

Disclaimer

***kindly ignore my comments above, if you are sleeping with your sister's husband or slept with him at any time.

13 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by pickabeau1: 1:17pm On Nov 05, 2013
Confirmbabe:
Remember she stated their age difference, she also said 'they were close and had to give him space when he started dating her sister. Even her siblings and mum kept mute because they know she's troublesome, please note i'm not justifying what he did.

Op no vex o, i no be wicked geh.

Noted ...

coogar:

the OP provoked the bro-in-law & she got exactly what she bargained for. grin

violence is not the solution
If she gets agberos to deal with the BIL.. when will the cyclce stop
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by coogar: 1:24pm On Nov 05, 2013
pickabeau1:
Noted ...

violence is not the solution
If she gets agberos to deal with the BIL.. when will the cyclce stop

i don't support violence too but it's sometimes necessary. she provoked the bro-in-law & she was pointing finger at him. he was only defending himself - what's he meant to do? wait for her to strike the first blow?
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by raqueal(f): 1:28pm On Nov 05, 2013
Your sister's husband has no right to slap or beat up especially not in your parents house. A right thinking man would have seen beyond that incident and immediately began to plan to return his family home in order to avoid a future occurrence. It was your turn today and it might be your sister's turn sometime soon.

Also, the "bro" incident should have made you draw a line not to be crossed between both of you.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by Godmother(f): 1:33pm On Nov 05, 2013
On the issue of sex that's a no-go area for both of us. Such thoughts have never even crossed either of our minds. We are both repectable in that area. If I'm not sleeping with my own boyfriend I rest. Sex is not food and God forbid I even sleep with a friend's ex, how much more my sister's husband. To what purpose? If its money I work and take care of myself.
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by deols(f): 1:37pm On Nov 05, 2013
coogar:

i don't put myself in situations where i can be beaten up. you were "boiling" cos you didn't get a ration of the beans they cooked. then you "overreacted" when you wanted the book you had lent to your brother in law. petty transfer of aggression. it was your sister that offended you, why direct the aggression to her husband?

And is that enough reason for him to beat her?
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by coogar: 1:40pm On Nov 05, 2013
deols:

And is that enough reason for him to beat her?

she was going to beat him.....
her voice was raised, she was moving closer to him, she confronted him & was waving her finger in his face. what's he meant to do? act like Jesus & wait to be slapped?
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by deols(f): 1:40pm On Nov 05, 2013
I dont know what you are waiting for, op. Don't you know of a police station to report at? He must not be allowed to go scot free.

Your sister is being unreasonable and her husband is a shameless thing.

He comes to live in your house and assault you there?

You must get every pound of flesh back. That is what I'd do in that situation. It won't take long before he starts to beat your sister.

You need your self esteem intact and to teach the bastard never to lay hands on a woman again.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by mysticgal(f): 1:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
the op said her house,not their house and that guy has no reason whatsoever to raise his hands at her no matter what she did,she's not his wife undecided
thank God for my life,e for be agbero things,i will make sure he's trashed.that's my own angry

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by deols(f): 1:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
coogar:

she was going to beat him.....
her voice was raised, she was moving closer to him, she confronted him & was waving her finger in his face. what's he meant to do? act like Jesus & wait to be slapped?
If she had slapped him, fine.

But she didn't.

The op has laboured for him and his wife. She can get angry and make mistakes as a human being. That is not a reason for anybody to assault her.

Cooking for them is not her responsibility but she did so anyway. And because she could not do what they wanted once, they became vindictive.

Husband was simply angry that he could not eat beans early enough. No amount of disrespect from her should have warranted him beating her up. She is not even his wife and owes him NOTHIng. Not even the respect he is asking for. That, he needed to earn. And now he has shown himself to be not deserving of it.

As the op, I'd make him PAY in every way that I can. The last thing I will take from anyone is this kind of abuse.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother / How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. / Start A Footwear Business..... At Factory Price, And Be Your Own Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.