Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,111 members, 7,880,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:25 PM

IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide (13802 Views)

Filling Stations Begins To Sell Kerosene At N50 Per Litre *** Amazing / Petrol Dealers: We Can’t Sell At N87 Per Litre / Kerosene Price To Be Slashed To N5O Per Litre - NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by Unblockable: 12:50am On Nov 07, 2013
THE Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN), on Wednesday, said it had commenced sale of kerosene at N50 per litre at filling stations nationwide.

Alhaji Abdulkadri Aminu, national president of the association, gave the assurance during the inauguration of sale of kerosene at N50 per litre in Lagos.

Aminu said members had been mandated to ensure the sale of the product at the regulated price of N50 per litre as directed by the Federal Government.

According to him, the sale of kerosene at the approved government price had been one of the projects of IPMAN, in partnership with PPMC and NNPC.

“The association has been at the vanguard of ensuring that the product that is meant for the local people should be sold at the approved price.

“This has also been the focus of the Minister of Petroleum. Today, we are grateful to God that we have seen it happen.

“I want to assure every Nigerian that it’s going to be sustained,” Aminu said.

He said that the sale of kerosene at the approved price would be launched in other states of the country, adding that any member found selling above the regulated price would be sanctioned.

“From here, we are going to Kano, Sokoto, Enugu, Jos, Yola, Maiduguri and other places.

“This is the first time I am coming to visit our retail outlets and I can assure that the exercise is going to be continuous.

“The chairman of South West zone has been directed to go to other states within the southern states to launch the project,” he said.

Aminu said the monitoring team would be inaugurated to ensure compliance in all the IPMAN outlets nationwide.

He said issues of scarcity of kerosene had to be addressed, adding that the whole world had diversified from kerosene to gas.

Mr Olumide Ogunmade, Western Zone chairman of IPMAN, said that the association considered it necessary to ensure that independent marketers who had the products were selling at the regulated price.

Ogunmade said that the essence of selling kerosene at N50 per litre was to demonstrate to the government that IPMAN was a conformist association.

He said that IPMAN members were closer to the masses and understood the best model to adopt to make the product available to them at the appropriate price.

“We want members of the public to benefit from the official rate of N50, and if the government can sustain the supply, we are sure and confident that the product will get to the target market.”

According to him, Nigerians are suffering and all efforts should be made to reduce the cost of products in the oil and gas sector to make life more meaningful to the citizens.

SOURCE: www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/25735-ipman-inaugurates-sale-of-kerosene-at-n50-per-litre-nationwide.html

2 Likes

Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by Emmyk(m): 1:59am On Nov 07, 2013
This is good news. From 120naira to 50naira.

2 Likes

Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by Unblockable: 2:25am On Nov 07, 2013
Emmyk: This is good news. From 120naira to 50naira.
Walahi

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by oluboyo04(m): 3:26am On Nov 07, 2013
wow!

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 07, 2013
That's a great news.

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by 5columnist: 7:57am On Nov 07, 2013
Another good one from President Jonathan

5 Likes

Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by AkpanUnanam(m): 8:09am On Nov 07, 2013
Talk is cheap! Do it first-Bird of the same Feather

3 Likes

Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by jaryeh(m): 8:16am On Nov 07, 2013
SPACE BOOKED!

When I start buying it at that price I will come back to say 'thank you Mr President'.

Talk is cheap abeg.

4 Likes

Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by touch4mony: 8:24am On Nov 07, 2013
in a country where the refinerys is no functioning,ph refinery for example has no product for 7 months now and the private depots are saling the product that should b sold 50naira 102,how do u buy,transport them and other loading expenses of NUPNG how much profit to u stand to gain if products land at ur station at 106 and u sale 50.we cant b fooled IPMAN,u are the cos of the problem too.

2 Likes

Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by 5columnist: 9:03am On Nov 07, 2013
Pessimists... Nothing can ever satisfy Nigerians especially Nairalanders
Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by Tintinix: 9:16am On Nov 07, 2013
touch4mony: in a country where the refinerys is no functioning,ph refinery for example has no product for 7 months now and the private depots are saling the product that should b sold 50naira 102,how do u buy,transport them and other loading expenses of NUPNG how much profit to u stand to gain if products land at ur station at 106 and u sale 50.we cant b fooled IPMAN,u are the cos of the problem too.

PH refinery! 7 months! Ha! Peddler of false information!!!
Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 07, 2013
so long as our refineries ain't up this news is a hoax. Didn't bother to read the article. I wonder why Nigerians dont use gas, even 10ltr size cylinders are available
Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by chi3280(m): 9:40am On Nov 07, 2013
Obiagelli: so long as our refineries ain't up this news is a hoax. Didn't bother to read the article. I wonder why Nigerians dont use gas, even 10ltr size cylinders are available
Are gas cylinders measured in litres or kilograms?
Cooking gas still remains the best. Fast for cooking and lasts longer.

2 Likes

Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 07, 2013
make i go buy first
Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by cheezkid(m): 9:44am On Nov 07, 2013
hehehe.
Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by stacomaster(m): 9:44am On Nov 07, 2013
Ok ..
Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by yomalex(m): 9:45am On Nov 07, 2013
commendable
Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by kennyonthrone(m): 9:45am On Nov 07, 2013
WALE ADENUGA PRODUCTION

PRESENTS

THIS IS SUPERSTORY a life of Wheel nd Barrow

Strife nd sorrow*accordin 2 one Nlander lyk dat*

Dis new na made in China

3 Likes

Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 07, 2013
Lets see if it will be effected... But I am sure this is Nigeria and some filing stations would not want to effect this....

So if this is happening in your area, make una just dey drop am here, while some of US will do the good will of reporting... and if luckily, PunchNG will spool it out.

Long Live Nigeria

Long Live Our Natural Resources... that wont be there forever

Long Live Buhari 2015

*covers head

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by Caleboha(m): 9:48am On Nov 07, 2013
I BELIEVE IT, I RECEIVE IT. I love good news, I accept it with open arms! Nigerians find it easier to believe bad news than good ones about their country. We must have a change of mindset if we truly want to experience the transformation we desire!

5 Likes

Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by rodriogo: 9:48am On Nov 07, 2013
Wetin concern me! if dm lyk make reduce 2 30naria per lit non my biz wax.....i get plenty nkuu(firewood) 4 my barking yard. grin

2 Likes

Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 07, 2013
This is the umpteenth time we are hearing this, they only sell for a few weeks at the designated NNPC stations, afterwards ot business as usual for marketers...
Shebi Madam Ngozi said subsidy doesn't cover DPK,IPMAN should stop giving the populace false hope

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by speeder(m): 9:49am On Nov 07, 2013
With this qoute you'll know why our leaders are afraid of the citizens

Our deepest fear is not that we are | inadequate.Our deepest fear is | that we are powerful beyond | nature.
Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 07, 2013
chi 3280: Are gas cylinders measured in litres or kilograms?
Cooking gas still remains the best. Fast for cooking and lasts longer.
seconded, I still wonder why peeps still waste their hard earned money on kerosene,its either ignorance or they see cooking gas as luxury
Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:51am On Nov 07, 2013
5columnist: Another good one from President Jonathan
You're wrong. This is from Nigerians. Does GEJ know you exist? We have to congratulate ourselves.
Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by airfinance(m): 9:52am On Nov 07, 2013
i can only believe this guys only if they make the product available nationwide as promised, with sustainability an easy access by the citizens of this country jst like the PMS.
statements and assurances without actions constitute the strenght of this administation..

2 Likes

Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by wheesin(m): 9:54am On Nov 07, 2013
oh my God dis is good news...Off TO INVENTING KEROSENE AUTOMOBILE... FUvk off petroleum
Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by chi3280(m): 9:56am On Nov 07, 2013
Ogbeche77: seconded, I still wonder why peeps still waste their hard earned money on kerosene,
its either ignorance or they see cooking gas as luxury
both precisely. Some people think its expensive but its not. I have been using gas since 1987 and have not deemed it necessary to use kerosene. I can't stand the sight of charcoal and scrubbing the back of my pot to get off charcoal stains. angry

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by airfinance(m): 9:56am On Nov 07, 2013
i can only believe this guys only if they make the product available nationwide as promised, with sustainability an easy access by the citizens of this country jst like the PMS.
statements and assurances without actions constitute the strenght of this administation...
Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by Divineliberty(m): 9:58am On Nov 07, 2013
smiley :Dthat is very good news but from now people should be very carefull whill buying fuel because some filling station will soon start mixing kerosen in fuel and sale to people in the name of fuel which will cost us alot of damage.
Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by shiftmarket(m): 10:01am On Nov 07, 2013
Why do I feel that diesel users should be weary of this news?
Re: IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide by skyscraperTM(m): 10:02am On Nov 07, 2013
What is kerosine?!

Here in the sky we use lightening for cooking.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand / CHINA Seeks More Crude Oil Exports From Nigeria / How many litres of kerosene will fill a drum? Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.