Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,607 members, 7,944,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:18 AM

FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries (16029 Views)

FG To Fund 2016 Budget With Islamic Bond / £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November / South Africa To Debut It's First Islamic Bond (sukuk) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by soladisc: 10:43am On Nov 07, 2013
Information! http://www.economist.com/blogs/schumpeter/2013/11/islamic-finance?fsrc=scn/tw/te/bl/ameccaforsukuk

David Cameron, the British prime minister, has announced plans to issue sovereign Islamic bonds as early as next year. http://econ.st/1hDBQUF

This is a growing trend the world over and has nothing to do with religion. This is how Sukuk (Islamic Bond) works. The subscribers to the bond are the owners of the asset until the issuer(Government-State or Federal) fully redeem the bond, whereas the bondholder will be paid returns from the income generated from the asset. This is clearly different from the conventional bond where the issuer is the owner of the asset.

This is the kind of system that is appropriate for a country like Nigeria where a governor can raise bond and embezzle the funds or use it for political reasons. Please be guided.
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by MrAboki: 10:43am On Nov 07, 2013
Nonybb: My problems are why should we call it an Islamic Banking? Cant we name it any other thing else? Or is it an invention of Late Muhammad?

Because it is based on Islamic principles... Na wah o!!

Even if they call it Stanbic Bank, its still Islamic banking practice that they will be running!
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by la1(m): 10:44am On Nov 07, 2013
Ignorance...Ignorance everywhere...Shocking.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 07, 2013
Obiagelli: more like finance 2015 ambitions. I wonder if buhari had made this suggestion.

Mo'R'on, what has this got to do with Buhari ?

3 Likes

Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Slizbeat(m): 10:46am On Nov 07, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Even if they call it Stanbic Bank, its still Islamic banking practice that they will be running!

Then Islamic principles shouldn't be introduced into a secular state like Nigeria....period.

Let's stick to the interest paying way, atleast it will make one work hard to pay up than feel relaxed.
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Nonybb: 10:47am On Nov 07, 2013
wasak:
which false belief again na? e be like sey u. no. read d article? abi make them translate am to ur language?
so the name should be changed to Christian banking or what exactly?
Did Muhammad invent any banking model? Why the word "Islamic" in it. This is a simple question. It wasnt a hindu bank, we dont have bindhu bank, we dont have christian bank, eventhough it was christians that invented the the current modern coventional method of banking and cashing with ATM and so on and so forth. Why should u people single handedly call it "islamic thing". Dats wat i want to knw
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Slizbeat(m): 10:50am On Nov 07, 2013
Nonybb: Did Muhammad invent any banking model? Why the word "Islamic" in it. This is a simple question. It wasnt a hindu bank, we dont have buhdu bank, we dont have christian bank, eventhough it was a christian that invented the the current modern coventional method of banking and cashing with ATM and so on and so forth. Why should u people single handedly call it "islamic thing". Dats wat i want to knw

Stop calling Islam a false belief please. Everyone is entitled to his/her own belief as you and I are entitled to ours. Let's stick to the topic.
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by muyeeoo(m): 10:51am On Nov 07, 2013
Slizbeat: A country split roughly between Islam and Christianity can not afford to carry out such.

Why not Christianity bond or traditional bond??
What of the other side of this financing??

Please do that in the Northern Nigeria or better still, break away into northern republic.

Religious chauvinism should not be played out, Religious tolerance should be our guide if we are to continue as a nation together.

this shows that u are either ignorant or ideologically bankrupt because a system that has been proven to be okay by even the most christain-like country like britain a sharia counrty. what is is good is good regardless of where it is coming from. dont be too proud or ignorant to tap from a concept that will better your generation unborn.
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by MrAboki: 10:51am On Nov 07, 2013
Slizbeat:

Then Islamic principles shouldn't be introduced into a secular state like Nigeria....period.

Let's stick to the interest paying way, atleast it will make one work hard to pay up than feel relaxed.

Why dont you go and close down the mosques na..

Have you taken time out to study the contitution of Nigeria and our freedoms as contained therein?!

They can Open Islamic banks, schools, Airports, Seaports, bridges and apply Islamic principles and laws to the usage of these things.. The only place where they would be breaching the law is if they tell you 'a christian' that you cant use their facilities. However, if you a Christian choses to use their facilities, it means you have accepted to abide by their rules and regulation! PERIOD!!

Covenant University is doing the same darn thing in Education and I didnt hear you niggas scream blue murder o!

Muslims open a bank that is even beneficial to all, you all want to hang yourselves!

cheesy

Haba na!!

4 Likes

Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by MrAboki: 10:52am On Nov 07, 2013
Nonybb: Did Muhammad invent any banking model? Why the word "Islamic" in it. This is a simple question. It wasnt a hindu bank, we dont have bindhu bank, we dont have christian bank, eventhough it was christians that invented the the current modern coventional method of banking and cashing with ATM and so on and so forth. Why should u people single handedly call it "islamic thing". Dats wat i want to knw

yes the Prophet Muhammed (SAW) did specify tenets that will govern the transactions between muslims which made interest Haram.
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by MrAboki: 10:54am On Nov 07, 2013
Islamic banking (Arabic: المصرفية الإسلامية‎) is banking or banking activity that is consistent with the principles of sharia and its practical application through the development of Islamic economics. As such, a more correct term for 'Islamic banking' is 'Sharia compliant finance'.[1] Sharia prohibits the fixed or floating payment or acceptance of specific interest or fees (known as riba, or usury) for loans of money. Investing in businesses that provide goods or services considered contrary to Islamic principles is also haraam ("sinful and prohibited"wink. Although these principles have been applied in varying degrees by historical Islamic economies due to lack of Islamic practice, only in the late 20th century were a number of Islamic banks formed to apply these principles to private or semi-private commercial institutions within the Muslim community.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_banking

3 Likes

Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by muyeeoo(m): 10:54am On Nov 07, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Have you taken time out to study the contitution of Nigeria and our freedoms as contained therein?!

They can Open Islamic banks, schools, Airports, Seaports, bridges and apply Islamic principles and laws to the usage of these things.. The only place where they would be breaching the law is if they tell you 'a christian' that you cant use their facilities. However, if you a Christian choses to use their facilities, it means you have accepted to abide by their rules and regulation! PERIOD!!

Covenant University is doing the same darn thing in Education and I didnt hear you niggas scream blue murder o!

Muslims open a bank that is even beneficial to all, you all want to hang yourselves!

cheesy

Haba na!!

that is why i use to say christains are not tolerant has they always claim to be. embrace a system that will better your generation and leave this religious sentiment allow.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by AbuHanifa: 10:55am On Nov 07, 2013
FILEBE:
u're right. Egypt is a rectangular state.
Seriously, this got me cracking
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Donmams(m): 10:57am On Nov 07, 2013
Slizbeat: A country split roughly between Islam and Christianity can not afford to carry out such.

Why not Christianity bond or traditional bond??
What of the other side of this financing??

Please do that in the Northern Nigeria or better still, break away into northern republic.

Religious chauvinism should not be played out, Religious tolerance should be our guide if we are to continue as a nation together.
There are 6 geopolitical zones in Nigeria and 4 of those six have muslim majorities. Incidentally those four regions are also the most populated. 4 out of 6 is 65% at least. So what voodoo arithmetic tells you that christians come even close to muslims in Nigeria? Nonsense.
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by AntiSerious: 10:57am On Nov 07, 2013
Islamic banking is the only one that doesn't deal with capital......dis is not about islamising nigeria,its about making it a beta place so if u dnt av any better thing to say,lock up
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Nonybb: 10:57am On Nov 07, 2013
Mr Aboki:

It was due to an overbearing attitude of u Northerners or perhaps muslims that make some of us in the south especially my igbo people feel indignated and resentful towards islamic ppl. U ppl love to brag, boost and get too proud of your doctrine to the protest of others. Why should a banking system be called an "islamic system"? Wat is islamic about it? Was muhammad a former banker? The system might be good but the name is totally wrong. It is segregative, tribal, religious, and a divisive ideology. The conceptualization is good but everything is wrong with its nomenclature or semantic if u could say that
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Slizbeat(m): 10:58am On Nov 07, 2013
Mr Aboki:

cheesy

Haba na!!

Am not against the policy at all, it will of course benefit so many people. The problem here is why is it being introduced into our collective growth??

I never heard of Covenant. Am not even a fan of the university not to talk of its policy.
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Nonybb: 10:59am On Nov 07, 2013
Donmams:
There are 6 geopolitical zones in Nigeria and 4 of those six have muslim majorities. Incidentally those four regions are also the most populated. 4 out of 6 is 65% at least. So what voodoo arithmetic tells you that christians come even close to muslims in Nigeria? Nonsense.
U have dementia. The suggestion that muslims are bigger than christians in this country is actually a myth! An apocrypha!

1 Like

Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by MrAboki: 10:59am On Nov 07, 2013
Donmams:

You and I know that this statistics you dropped here is a lie..

However, its not important in this matter.. Everybody, group, people, color, religion no matter how small is protected under the constitution of Nigeria.

Muslims have the right to set up a banking system, just as Christians have the right to set up schools.. #Period!

1 Like

Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Slizbeat(m): 11:00am On Nov 07, 2013
Donmams:

Islam lies in the heart such as Christianity does and not in the mouth or in population. And if you think you want to base your facts on 2006 census, then am sorry you will be disappointed by the outcome of 2016.
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Slizbeat(m): 11:01am On Nov 07, 2013
Mr Aboki:

You and I know that this statistics you dropped here is a lie..

However, its not important in this matter.. Everybody, group, people, color, religion no matter how small is protected under the constitution of Nigeria.

Muslims have the right to set up a banking system, just as Christians have the right to set up schools.. #Period!

Yes I agree with you on this note.
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by muyeeoo(m): 11:01am On Nov 07, 2013
Nonybb: It was due to an overbearing attitude of u Northerners or perhaps muslims that make some of us in the south especially my igbo people feel indignated and resentful towards islamic ppl. U ppl love to brag, boost and get too proud of your doctrine to the protest of others. Why should a banking system be called an "islamic system"? Wat is islamic about it? Was muhammad a former banker? The system might be good but the name is totally wrong. It is segregative, tribal, religious, and a divisive ideology. The conceptualization is good but everything is wrong with its nomenclature or semantic if u could say that

we would, cos we have an islamic code for every thing we do. Which was taught and examplified by the best of mankind Muhammed (SAW)

Islamic banking
islamic education
islamic military
islamic medicine
islamic politics
islamic music
Islamic home
so we
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by MrAboki: 11:02am On Nov 07, 2013
Slizbeat:

Am not against the policy at all, it will of course benefit so many people. The problem here is why is it being introduced into our collective growth??

I never heard of Covenant. Am not even a fan of the university not to talk of its policy.

Because money has no race, tribe or color..

The money is being used to finance projects in Nigeria. Why should the government borrow with interest from foreign banks and share the burden of debt on us all, when he can borrow from 'non-interest' Sharia banks (with no hidden agenda) and share the burden of debt with the bank?!

Its called Economic sense 101
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Slizbeat(m): 11:04am On Nov 07, 2013
Anti-Serious:
Islamic banking is the only one that doesn't deal with capital......dis is not about islamising nigeria,its about making it a beta place so if u dnt av any better thing to say,lock up

I guess Honk kong will disagree with you. Japan will also. They don't base on any religious principle but they are amongst the best economy.
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Slizbeat(m): 11:05am On Nov 07, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Because money has no race, tribe or color..

The money is being used to finance projects in Nigeria. Why should the government borrow with interest from foreign banks and share the burden of debt on us all, when he can borrow from 'non-interest' Sharia banks (with no hidden agenda) and share the burden of debt with the bank?!

Its called Economic sense 101

There is always a hidden agenda especially here in Nigeria. Saudi may give you without any hidden agenda but Nigeria will never do such. Simple and Short. This is Nigeria.
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by creativemusic: 11:08am On Nov 07, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Naigeria we hail Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by MrAboki: 11:08am On Nov 07, 2013
Slizbeat:

There is always a hidden agenda especially here in Nigeria. Saudi may give you without any hidden agenda but Nigeria will never do such. Simple and Short. This is Nigeria.

Thats all Conspiracy theory and the onus of proof lies with you.

In the absence of any supporting evidence, we can safely assume that this is purely business and thus proceed as planned..

Allahu Akbar..

2 Likes

Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Nonybb: 11:09am On Nov 07, 2013
More than Half of muslims i have encountered on the internet would always say, islam will dorminate the world, islam will continue to out grow every other religion whether u love it or not, we are the fastest growing religion, our religion is the right path, u must become a muslim before u die, i will die for Prophet Muhammad etc... When i see all these i just marvel at the plenitude of the ignorance. Now they came with this trash thinking that their mission is working
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by nagoma(m): 11:11am On Nov 07, 2013
Slizbeat:

Islam lies in the heart such as Christianity does and not in the mouth or in population. And if you think you want to base your facts on 2006 census, then am sorry you will be disappointed by the outcome of 2016.

I thought the drunkard boastful tribalist has been sacked?
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Slizbeat(m): 11:12am On Nov 07, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Thats all Conspiracy theory and the onus of proof lies with you.

In the absence of any supporting evidence, we can safely assume that this is purely business and thus proceed as planned..

Allahu Akbar..

Ok let's die the issue and pray we be alive to see the end point of it.
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by mekaboy(m): 11:12am On Nov 07, 2013
one thing is clear, the muslims in those countries he mentioned are more educated and reason differntly to some level from those in Nigeria.

Let us have our national conference first before anything else.

it is only in Nigeria that I see a governor using public funds to build mosques and nobody can tlk because they dont want violence.

imposing sharia law In a state where people from other religions reside.

we are currently battling terrorism because the terrorist want to islamizr the whole north and possibly nigeria.

This the only place churchea are bombed and no single mosque has been bombed

where those from the north believe power belongs to them when they r not contributing so much.

own most oil blocks that the pple the oil reside in their land.

I dont like the idea because of the way muslims in Nigeria reason.

Next thing northern politicians will tell those in the north that the funds from the islamic bond is money from muslims around the world, so Nigeria is indepted to islam. therefore they must fight to ensure that power returns to the north and a muslim remains in power. they should not let an infidel rule over them again, when the refineries, airports, rails are built with islam funds.

when they now loose elections, they will start bombing planes, refineries etc built with islamic bond.

they will also see it that Nigeria owes them a northern president for this.

assuming a muslim president emerges tommorow and start to compensate boko haram members and build mosques for them, enforce islamic laws into our constitution and pple start to protest.

they will say nigerians did not protest when islamic bond was building the airport and refineries.

Nigerian especially muslims mix religion alot with politics and its a very explosive mixture.
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by MrAboki: 11:13am On Nov 07, 2013
Nonybb: More than Half of muslims i have encountered on the internet would always say, islam will dorminate the world, islam will continue to out grow every other religion whether u love it or not, we are the fastest growing religion, our religion is the right path, u must become a muslim before u die, i will die for Prophet Muhammad etc... When i see all these i just marvel at the plenitude of the ignorance. Now they came with this trash thinking that their mission is working

Islam will indeed dominate the world.

Allahu Akbar!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times / Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon / Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.