Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,498 members, 7,911,168 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 06:36 AM

Moving Photographs Show Pope Francis Embracing Man Disfigured By Disease. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Moving Photographs Show Pope Francis Embracing Man Disfigured By Disease. (944 Views)

Look Who's Embracing Chris Oyakhilome! / Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) / Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving Photographs Show Pope Francis Embracing Man Disfigured By Disease. by AbuMikey(m): 8:05pm On Nov 08, 2013
[img]http://4.bp..com/-I0qSkvWzTaA/UnzfByM64EI/AAAAAAAAAJk/TrwX0449Xac/s320/%253D%253Futf-8%253FB%253FcG9wZSBmcmFuY2lzLmpwZw%253D%253D%253F%253D-771368[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-sHVymLzwnQo/UnzfCTuEDgI/AAAAAAAAAJw/mr4JyPqdDp8/s320/%253D%253Futf-8%253FB%253FcG9wZSBmcmFuY2lzMi5qcGc%253D%253F%253D-773024[/img]

In a moving image that conveys compassion and humanity, Pope Francis was pictured yesterday tenderly comforting a man suffering from a rare disease that has caused him to develop neuronal tumors all over his body.

Following his general audience in St. Peter's Square, Pope Francis kissed and blessed the man, whose face was covered in tumours, as he closed his eyes in prayer.

According to the Catholic News Agency the man was suffering from neurofibromatosis, a illness that can lead to impaired vision, learning impairment and can be extremely painful.
The disease is genetic and is not contagious.

During his earlier address at the Vatican the Pope had asked people to pray for a sick girl that he had just met.
Pope Francis has made humility the cornerstone of his Papacy so far and has a stated aim of making the church more inclusive. Pope Francis caresses a sick person in Saint Peter's Square In March, following his selection as the new Pope, Francis tweeted: “True power is service. The pope must serve all people, especially the poor, the weak, the vulnerable.”

One of his first acts as Pope was to visit prisoners at a youth detention centre near Rome. As part of a Maundy Thursday service he washed the prisoners' feet.

The image of Pope Francis embracing the man drew comparisons with the story of St. Francis of Assisi comforting a leper.

Source » www.uselucentral..com/2013/11/moving-photographs-show-pope-francis.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Moving Photographs Show Pope Francis Embracing Man Disfigured By Disease. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
Where is the man na?

All i can see is physical goose bumps undecided

Any one who can speak or understand the Roman language will know that the pope is also a funny man. grin

#TeamGOM
Re: Moving Photographs Show Pope Francis Embracing Man Disfigured By Disease. by AbuMikey(m): 9:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
god_of_music: Where is the man na?

All i can see is physical goose bumps undecided

Any one who can speak or understand the Roman language will know that the pope is also a funny man. grin

#TeamGOM

I just Pity you and the nossentical life You've chosen to live!!

You don't have to show us one every thread the high level of your maniastic superciliousness in your shallow skull!!

Grow up Man!!

This is no thread of You phucking a Latino or a Gaddem Ghanian!!

Just grow up!

And never troll on my serious threads,cos I have never trolled on Your "serious" thread. angry

Re: Moving Photographs Show Pope Francis Embracing Man Disfigured By Disease. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 08, 2013
shocked shocked whoa! Poor man cry
Re: Moving Photographs Show Pope Francis Embracing Man Disfigured By Disease. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 08, 2013
Abu Mikey:

You don't have to show us one every thread the high level of your maniastic superciliousness in your shallow skull!!

Grow up Man!!

Just grow up!

And never troll on my serious threads,cos I have never trolled on Your "serious" thread. angry

See finishing. . . *hides*

#TeamGOM

1 Like

Re: Moving Photographs Show Pope Francis Embracing Man Disfigured By Disease. by Andyblaze: 9:34pm On Nov 08, 2013
god_of_music: See finishing. . . *hides*

#TeamGOM
I feel your pain bro grin
Re: Moving Photographs Show Pope Francis Embracing Man Disfigured By Disease. by philfearon(m): 9:38pm On Nov 08, 2013
Papacy apart,this man is really a humanitarian....I believe he has attained "humility",the Highest virtue any true Christian should aim for!!
Re: Moving Photographs Show Pope Francis Embracing Man Disfigured By Disease. by sholay2011(m): 10:05pm On Nov 08, 2013
Abu Mikey:

Grow up Man!!

Just grow up!

Michael, no take am personally naa. Calm down.

This is nice of the pope...especially if the man had been ostracised from the public due to this disease. But I believe humility is of the heart...so I don't know how this portrays humility but instead, brotherly love. This life is so much effed up that whenever anyone in a seemingly high position relates to someone of the lower cadre...it is called humility.

Btw, I think I read somewhere in the post that the disease isn't contagious. ...so...
Re: Moving Photographs Show Pope Francis Embracing Man Disfigured By Disease. by sholay2011(m): 10:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
Double post.
Re: Moving Photographs Show Pope Francis Embracing Man Disfigured By Disease. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 08, 2013
Andyblaze:
I feel your pain bro grin
Nna ehn, i don't wanna start an unnecessary E-war biko.

#TeamGOM
Re: Moving Photographs Show Pope Francis Embracing Man Disfigured By Disease. by AbuMikey(m): 10:22pm On Nov 08, 2013
god_of_music: Nna ehn, i don't wanna start an unnecessary E-war biko.

#TeamGOM

All trolling should be done on this thread »» www.nairaland.com/1464370/mikey-friends-chat-lounge

1 Like

Re: Moving Photographs Show Pope Francis Embracing Man Disfigured By Disease. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 08, 2013
Abu Mikey:

All trolling should be done on this thread »» www.nairaland.com/1464370/mikey-friends-chat-lounge

Not now, i'm still celebrating the Golden Eaglets cool

#TeamGOM
Re: Moving Photographs Show Pope Francis Embracing Man Disfigured By Disease. by Ishilove: 10:44pm On Nov 08, 2013
Jeez, is that thing even human?

1 Like

Re: Moving Photographs Show Pope Francis Embracing Man Disfigured By Disease. by Ishilove: 10:47pm On Nov 08, 2013
I know I'm being paranoid, but I don't know why I don't trust this pope. I just don't trust him one bit. It's like he has a hidden agenda or something.
Re: Moving Photographs Show Pope Francis Embracing Man Disfigured By Disease. by AbuMikey(m): 10:54pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ishilove: I know I'm being paranoid, but I don't know why I don't trust this pope. I just don't trust him one bit. It's like he has a hidden agenda or something.

Very Knowledgeable post right there.

I don't trust him too lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Moving Photographs Show Pope Francis Embracing Man Disfigured By Disease. by Ishilove: 11:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
Abu Mikey:

Very Knowledgeable post right there.

I don't trust him too lipsrsealed

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Moving Photographs Show Pope Francis Embracing Man Disfigured By Disease. by Afam4eva(m): 12:09am On Nov 09, 2013
Re: Moving Photographs Show Pope Francis Embracing Man Disfigured By Disease. by Nobody: 12:12am On Nov 09, 2013
LOCK the PHUCKING thread! cool

#TeamGOM

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways The Prosperity Gospel Is Hurting Africa / The Hope Has Come / The Internet:breeding Ground For Terrorism.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.