Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,568 members, 7,929,816 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 12:19 AM

Newyorker Derails Obama Presidency - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newyorker Derails Obama Presidency (2137 Views)

Cargo Train derails from track in Kaduna [photos] / PHOTO: Train Derails At Pen-cinema, Agege Today / Tragedy Averted As Train Derails In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newyorker Derails Obama Presidency by Queenisha: 8:42pm On Jul 14, 2008
omoge:

my sister don't mind this hamburger helper people when no chop belefu. whether na metaphor, irony abi satire let everyone with red blood rejects it.

i don't know why anyone would chose McBeer to Obama.

Someone should please tell dolly to quit walking ahead of McBeer

nisha, how u dey sef cheesy i don dey look for u and joy biko.

I dey my sis
na only hunger cheesy
how school?
you don graduate?
man don land? grin
open ya eyes wellu wellu before making a selection.
Remember all my advice,I don't want you to suffer wink
Re: Newyorker Derails Obama Presidency by jokeapart: 8:46pm On Jul 14, 2008
4Play Wrote:
This wasn't made up by Kevin James. Its hardly a secret that Islamists in the Arab world will rather have Obama than McCain. If you have the 'misfortune' of watching AlJazeera,you will see an endless stream of Arab crackpots endorsing Obama.
Are Brits also islamist? Today's UK Guardian poll suggest most Brits endorse Obama. What point is this guy making?Here's the guardian link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jul/14/barackobama.johnmccain
Re: Newyorker Derails Obama Presidency by 4Play(m): 8:49pm On Jul 14, 2008
joke apart:

4Play Wrote:Are Brits also islamist? Today's UK Guardian poll suggest most Brits endorse Obama. What point is this guy making?Here's the guardian link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jul/14/barackobama.johnmccain

Unless you are a dolt,you will realise that Brits having a strong preference for Obama has nothing to do with Islamists having a preference for Obama.
Re: Newyorker Derails Obama Presidency by jokeapart: 8:58pm On Jul 14, 2008
It did not occur to this "douche bag" that the reason most people prefer obama is cause of the gung-ho policy of the previous administration.
Re: Newyorker Derails Obama Presidency by Kobojunkie: 10:04pm On Jul 14, 2008
joke apart:

It did not occur to this "douche bag" that the reason most people prefer obama is cause of the gung-ho policy of the previous administration.

Who are the MOST PEOPLE you refer to?? Brits? Will the next election be determined by the opinion of the Brits?? ROFLMAO!!
Re: Newyorker Derails Obama Presidency by simmy(m): 11:49am On Jul 15, 2008
@kobo
if all is fair in politics, then Obama using the colour of his skin to protect himself is fair too.

to the questions u posted above, ideally the media shouldnt be openly biased. im not claiming the media is biased against Obama, far from it but assoiciating someone with a terrorist just because he has an arab name smacks a lil bit of cheap oppotunism.
whats the worst u can say about Clinton or Mcain?? tht theyre too American??
Whats the worst u can say abt Obama?
tht he s a bloody terrorist loving nigga?
well they already have
Re: Newyorker Derails Obama Presidency by Kobojunkie: 12:04pm On Jul 15, 2008
simmy:

@kobo
if all is fair in politics, then Obama using the colour of his skin to protect himself is fair too.
Well, then he ought to be open to being criticism in that sense and basically be open to the “racist” responses that come back at him if he decides that is the way he wants to go. You have to understand that you cannot play that card and then expect everyone else not to respond with the same.

simmy:

to the questions u posted above, ideally the media shouldnt be openly biased. im not claiming the media is biased against Obama, far from it but assoiciating someone with a terrorist just because he has an arab name smacks a little bit of cheap oppotunism.
Well…. No rule requires the media switch over to “high-moral” mode, just cause a black man is running for president. This has almost always been the case with the media. Why is suddenly an issue? Let me guess?? Cause a black man called Obama is now running for president, after America has been exposed to Osama ? Lol

simmy:

whats the worst u can say about Clinton or Mcain?? that theyre too American?? Whats the worst u can say about Obama? that he s a bloody terrorist loving nigga? well they already have
Well, if you feel that is the worst they can, then I suggest you get yourself to accept that worse may come and you may have to learn to chill and accept this is ‘American politics’, the show. ROFLMAO!! I mean the NewYorker already promises more of this to come and the magazine is assumed to be very liberal. ROFLMAO!!
Re: Newyorker Derails Obama Presidency by 4Play(m): 7:22pm On Jul 15, 2008
John McCain was also the subject of a cartoonist's unseemly attention. Only this time,unlike the New Yorker's cartoon which was intended as a mordant attack on conservatives, this was actually intended to denigrate McCain.

Did conservatives wallow in an orgy of self-pity? No! Its mainly attacks on Jesus Obama that result in frenzied condemnations of 'racist America'.

This is a cartoon from last month's edition of the Rolling Stones portraying McCain being stabbed by Obama,Clinton and Bush which invokes McCain's torture at the hands of Vietnamese interrogators.

Re: Newyorker Derails Obama Presidency by 4Play(m): 8:25pm On Jul 15, 2008
I thought this comment from an LA Times(another Obamaniac outlet) editorial was particularly apt:

The real mudslinging of this year's presidential campaign won't even start until after the party conventions in August, but it's already beginning to seem as though the Obama camp is a trifle thin-skinned. If it reacts this way to a cartoon drawn by a sympathizer who was mocking the outrageous slurs that have been directed at the candidate, what are they going to do when the Republicans start sharpening their artists' pencils?
Re: Newyorker Derails Obama Presidency by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Jul 15, 2008
That statement from the LAtimes is right on the mark.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Certificate Scandal Latest: Customs Boss Dikko Goes Beserk, Burns Newspapers / Apo 6 Killer Zakari Biu Now Commisioner Of Police Responsible For Escape Of Maddala Bomb Suspect / I’ve Never Seen Burial Like This – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.