Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,617 members, 7,941,369 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 04:23 AM

Aero Airline Keeps Passengers Stranded In Abuja - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aero Airline Keeps Passengers Stranded In Abuja (13137 Views)

Food Aero Airline Served A Passenger While Travelling From Lagos-Port Harcourt / Aero Airline 'apologizes', Explains What Really Happened. / Nigeria's Elections: Passengers Stranded At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aero Airline Keeps Passengers Stranded In Abuja by Nosyke(m): 6:09am On Nov 10, 2013
*dhtml:
On that same friday, aerocontractors flight from calabar to lagos was delayed by 4hrs+ flight was scheduled to leave 12:10 and left around 4:30 or 5pm sef. I was on that flight, it was not funny at all

Well, you might be lucky it won't happen to you. My own experience is as narrated below;
I booked for an Aero Saturday 9th, 10:10am flight from Owerri to Abuja, on Friday evening I got a message as follows:
Dear Esteemed Customer, This is to inform you that our flight AJ347 from Owerri to Abuja on the 9th of November, 2013 has been rescheduled to 12:10HRS due to operational reasons. However, if you are already booked on the 12:10HRS please disregard. Check in starts two hours before and closes forty minutes before departure. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. For enquiries, please call: 01-6284140 or email tickethelpdesk@acn.aero

Initially, I took it as nothing, as I had some more time to spend with my family. When I eventually got to the airport, we were told our plane was still in Lagos and this was few mins before 12:10. Eventually, our plane got to Owerri from Lagos around 12:30 and we boarded by 12:55. So altogether we about 3 hours delay, The pilot later apologised and said that the delay was due to an NCAA inspection in Lagos but even at that, our landing in Abuja wasn't exactly funny, I am not sure why, but the plane was seriously shaking (passengers were all complaining).
Re: Aero Airline Keeps Passengers Stranded In Abuja by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 10, 2013
bcomputer101: This is why i said stella should be sack!!!

Na Stella cause am!

You are hilarious! Seriously though, the ignorance exhibited by the masses is Nigeria's biggest undoing. Know this: if you ever buy a box of juice and find a roach inside, sue the manufacturing/bottling company don't blame it on the government.

If aero contractors did not provide the service you were promised, by not keeping to the schedule, and you already paid for the ticket in full, then they've breached the contract they have with you and should be paying liquidated and acertained damages. But if you don't sue, the bullying continues and you are to blame for the high-handedness demonstrated by these companies by letting them get away with it.
Re: Aero Airline Keeps Passengers Stranded In Abuja by airfinance(m): 8:22am On Nov 10, 2013
Lastdon02: Hmm Naija For You Follow me On Twitter @Lastdon002 and get followed Back instantly!
Must you beg for people to follow you?and who d hell are you that wanna follow back?make contribution not personal need to go show off that u've got follower,if u wanna get followers on twitter,make reasonable tweets,respond to tweets from news educative,politics,and other foreign news twetter handles like aljazeera english,cnn etc .follow topics and respond meaningfully,gradually u wld amass followers.
Re: Aero Airline Keeps Passengers Stranded In Abuja by meforyou1(m): 9:40am On Nov 10, 2013
cnwamo: And I've already booked my abuja to lagos 6:30pm flight online if only I had seen this earlier I would have rather booked medview or arik they are almost the same price although arik is a bit costlier.
But this is nonsense oooooo, I just hope they won't do the same thing on monday cos me I must be in lagos by 9 make I no lose my job ooooo.
Naija what's the way forward.
the only reliable aero's book online is their 7am flight. The worst is whiever has pm. Booked lag to abuja 4.45pm for yesterday. With hope of being getting to abuja by 6pm. After 1 shift and 2 delays we left at 8pm. And after waiting for luggage endlessly and looking for taxi, I got home at 11pm. Will never book online again except it's 7am

1 Like

Re: Aero Airline Keeps Passengers Stranded In Abuja by richfaxy: 10:08am On Nov 10, 2013
Same thing happened to me with With Aero Contractors on saturday 09/11/2013. Booked for Aero from Lagos to Abuja for 4.45pm cos the 2 Medview flights took off from Lagos - abuja in d morning which wasnt convenient for me. so had to return with Aero and i usually dont like flying with Aero.

Got an sms from aero contractors on saturday morning (as i had booked and paid online since thursday) saying

Dear Esteemed Customer, this is to inform you that our flight AJ129 from Lagos to Abuj on the 9th of November, 2013 has resheduled to 18:45hrs due to operational reasons. However, if you are already booked on the 18:45HRS pls disregard. Check in starts 2 hours before and closes forty mins before departure. we apologise for any inconveniencethis may cause you. for enquiries pls call 01-6284140 or email tickethelpdesk@acn.aero

when i saw the sms i thot the flight wasnt full and they wanted to merge us with their 6.45pm scheduled flight so as not to take 2 half filled planes to abj.

got into MMA by 4.30 pm to check in and met many people whose flight was rescheduled as well.we waited till 6.45pm as scheduled and werent called, at about 7pm they announced that they were sorry and for the delay as AJ129 lagos-Abuja will start boarding in 15mins to cut the long story short, we started boarding by 8pm for 4.45pm flight. the airplane was completely filled.

the original 6.45pm flight AJ135 also took off same time with AJ129 flight both flights filled with Lagos- Abuja passengers, meaning they werent short of passengers but actually due to operational reasons (operational incompetency i call it)

This sorts of things happen cos we have fewer options to travel with, so they can delay ur flight as they like and expect you to pay more if u miss ur flight. As i have once coughed out over 8k cos i was a minute late for my ARIK flight. but they dont pay for damages for delayed flight when we leave in a Country were anything goes.

With the disappointment, i thank God for a safe flight back. Its better late than never.
Re: Aero Airline Keeps Passengers Stranded In Abuja by dejiros1(m): 2:49pm On Nov 10, 2013
Flights are being delayed everywhere in the world but it's totally out of hand in Nigeria. Fees are at cut throat prices and at least service to the passenger shud be average.
Re: Aero Airline Keeps Passengers Stranded In Abuja by Oluwalala(m): 3:41pm On Nov 10, 2013
werepeLeri: eediots will start blaming it on Stella
Focus on the problem that passengers where made to go through hardship by an airline without any form of compensation or apology, instead of dragging issues! If stella did her job and ensured strict compliance of air regulation rules, instead of buying bullet proof cars,mayb it would have been better
Re: Aero Airline Keeps Passengers Stranded In Abuja by Samunosuke(m): 5:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
This happened to me last year october with the same aero contractors on a flight from Abuja to Lagos. Booked and did everything online in Makurdi where I stay. The flight was for 7:30pm so I took a cab to Abuja by 12pm, got to the airport well ahead of time - at about 5pm, checked in and was greeted with delays upon delays till we finally left Abuja by 2:30am. They have very terrible customer service and all we bot for compensation were some miserable snacks that won't even cost #150. Added to that was the cost of food in the waiting lounge - #1500 for shortbread being one of the cheapest things there and we had no choice but to buy.
Re: Aero Airline Keeps Passengers Stranded In Abuja by gerald09(m): 6:52pm On Nov 10, 2013
And people will still patronise them. I fink Nigerians love being pitied. Dats y dey are treated like animals. Its time for enough is enough!!!
Re: Aero Airline Keeps Passengers Stranded In Abuja by ignis: 7:03pm On Nov 10, 2013
Keneking: This is preposterous!
I guess you just learnt this word now. And you want to use it by all means.
Re: Aero Airline Keeps Passengers Stranded In Abuja by hilary26(m): 7:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
I ll never fly local. I love my life. I better manage the road. If you think flying in those coffins is affluence, continue.
I wish you luck.
Re: Aero Airline Keeps Passengers Stranded In Abuja by bigtt76(f): 8:02pm On Nov 10, 2013
Normal friday behavior by the airline most especially on the Abj-Los route. Not surprised grin
Re: Aero Airline Keeps Passengers Stranded In Abuja by braxjay(m): 7:59am On Nov 11, 2013
As annoying and frustrating the whole issue looks , 1 fact still remains "you are better late than late"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

RN-BSC Nursing In The UK. Any Advice? / Urgent? Does The American Embassy Recognise Scanned Copies Of Invition Letter. / Traffic Advisory: Movement On Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Restricted Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.