Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,986 members, 7,883,415 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 10:22 AM

Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? (18522 Views)

The Antichrist Will Be A Gay World Ruler? / CBN Bank Verification Number Is The Antichrist's Number / What's Wrong With Female Pastors? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by mkoabiola: 11:03pm On Nov 10, 2013
Where is eucharia 's church?
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 11:08pm On Nov 10, 2013
the bible teaches women to teach men in churches;
My first point is that God is fair, and if he is fair he cannot practice gender discriminisation. Women can lead just as well as men and it is discriminatory to allow only mento have positions of leadership. This would reflect poorly on God.I Cor. 14:3-5 states, "Everyone who prophesies speaks to men for theirstrengthening, encouragement andcomfort" and "builds up the church." Verses 29-31 state that prophets receive God's revelation so that all may learn and all may be comforted. Thus, the teaching function is inherent in prophecy. That prophecy was not forbidden to women is clear from I Cor. 11:5, where women's public prophesying is presupposed and their deportment regulated. Paul was not trying to quench the Holy Spirit from speaking through women, but he wanted to ensure that women who spoke for God acted modestly in a way that could not bring legal accusations against the church.Concerning the ministry of prophecy during the Church Age, Acts 2:17-18 states, "And it shall come to pass, in the last days, saysGod, I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy." Here, Peter quotes Joel 2:28 to explain the phenomena of Pentecost. He goes on to show that in the Messianic "last days" that Jesus has inaugurated, the prophecy of Joel is fulfilled. Without respect of persons, God will pour out His Spirit upon all people, and they willspeak Divine revelations. The Gospel is offered to all, and the sign of the Holy Spirit, as evidenced in speaking in tongues and prophecy, is offered freely to all who believe.On the day of Pentecost, one hundred and twenty followers of Christ were filled with the Holy Ghost and spoke in languages they had never learned, publicly proclaiming "the wonderful works of God." According to Acts 1:14, these one hundred and twenty Holy Spirit-inspired preachers included both men and women. Their speech was not just ecstatic praise, although that would be wonderful enough, but inspired preaching which listeners understood in their own languages. Its purpose and effect was the conversion to Christ of hearers from many lands and languages and their becoming unified as members of His Body, the church, the community of believers in Jesus. No doubt, the women were teaching men just as much as the men were. Thus, the prayer of Moses is fulfilled, "wouldGod that all the Lord's people wereprophets and that the Lord would put His Spirit upon them." (Num. 11:29) Through the free exercise ofinspired preaching in the church, God demonstrates His extravagant grace!God is no respecter of persons. There had always been women prophets in Israel. Miriam, who by her faith and courage saved her baby brother Moses from death when she was just a child, prophesied to the nation and was set before them as a leader by GodHimself along with Moses and Aaron (Micah 6:4).Deborah-- prophetess, judge and military leader-- is the most celebrated woman prophet of the Old Testament because she brought liberty to Israel through her faith, courage and boldness. Judges 4:4 is generally translated as "Deborah, a prophetess, wife of Lapidoth. . ." but the Hebrew word here translated "wife" usually means "woman," and Lapidoth is not attested elsewhere as a man's name. Rather, it is the ordinary feminine plural for the word "fire." As her career demonstrates, Deborah was a fiery woman! The Hebrew is emphatic that SHE judged Israel at that time. Respecting her as a wise woman who heard from God and knew His Law, the people of Israel came to her for judgment. When the word of the Lord came to Deborah, she summoned Barak from Naphtali and directed him to obey God by mustering troops against the oppressor Sisera. When Barak agreed to do so only if Deborah accompanied him, she did not hesitate to go and rally the troops.

To be con'td

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Mujah1deen: 11:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
:^ another protestant on the loose, Christianity is funny,a worldwide laughing stock grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 11:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
*continuation*
After the victory, in the ode of celebration, Deborah sings, "The villages ceased, they ceased in Israel until I, Deborah, arose, until I arose a mother in Israel." Deborah heard the word of the Lord and was obedient to God's call. In response to that call, not human invitation, Deborah rose upto lead her nation, inspiring others to follow her faith. Because of her courage and fear of God, not man, the nation was set free and enjoyed peace for forty years. Just as men can bespiritual fathers in the church, she was a spiritual mother in Israel.The prophetess Huldah (2 Kings 22:14) taught at the college in Jerusalem and brought revival to the nation when she confirmed theWord of God brought to her and prophesied judgment and grace to King Josiah, the high priest, and thereligious elite of her day. These men received and acted upon her declaration as it was, the word of God, not a human. Note that this occurred during the ministry of Jeremiah, who had been prophesying at Jerusalem for five years by the time the Lord used Huldah to speak His message. God wasn't out of men to use! He deliberately chose to use this woman. According to the original edition of the International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, "The standing and reputation of Huldah in the city are attested by the fact that she was consulted when the Book of the Law was discovered. The king, high priest, counselors, etc. appealed to her rather than to Jeremiah, and her word was accepted by all of the word of Jehovah." ("Huldah" by J. J. Reeve, ISBE, Vol. III, Chicago: The Howard-Severance Company, 1915, p. 1389)New Testament prophetesses include Anna (Luke 2:36-38), the first to proclaim Jesus as the Redeemer publicly; Elizabeth (Luke 2:41-45), who recognized Christ while still in His mother's womb; Mary (Luke 2:46-55), who through faith conceived God in the flesh by the power of the Holy Spirit; and Phillip's virgin daughters. (Acts 21:8-9)So we can see clear examples of God using women to teach men, and it really would be gender discriminization if he didn't.

Women were among the 120disciples and they preached to men!!

Btw, lotta rebuttals here is on"women cant preach in church"
... makes me wonder what 'church' really means!...
a building?!

Christainity doesnt discriminate women,its men who do!.. men like paulcheesy

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 11:16pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: :^ another protestant on the loose, Christianity is funny,a worldwide laughing stock grin grin
*smiles*...

Just as islam is deadly cheesy...
We know how much it hates your women...

How many mouths would have shut over this issue if it was about islam?!! Wanna count?!wink
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Mujah1deen: 11:19pm On Nov 10, 2013
quivah:
*smile*...

Just as islam is deadly cheesy...

How many mouths would have shut over this issue if it was about islam?!! Wanna count?!wink
stop twisting the message of your God for your selfish interets.

And I don't know what you are talking about.

Ooops I almost forgot, Islam is the fastest growing religion, go figure.

2 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 11:24pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: please answer honestly, did any Muslim ever force you to become a Muslim/embrace Islam?

Islam is a peaceful religion.

I guess your *yawns*. Means I'm right, lol you know your interpretations are not backed by your own bible ,anyway I'm patiently waiting the day you all Christians(whatever the denomination) will say that your bible is fake . Selfish interets are a bigger threat to you than Islam/Muslims
more to say someone is just talking with both sides of the mouth...

Go and read my posts again, till you see my backups cheesy.

As for the wait, don't get tired along the way..
And to your question: i LOLed
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Mujah1deen: 11:28pm On Nov 10, 2013
quivah:
*yawns*..
Yeah true! Conversion at the point of swords..

If that would make you sleep like a man at night tho
please answer honestly, did any Muslim ever force you to become a Muslim/embrace Islam?

Islam is a peaceful religion.

I guess your *yawns*. Means I'm right, lol you know your interpretations are not backed by your own bible ,anyway I'm patiently waiting the day you all Christians(whatever the denomination) will say that your bible is fake . Selfish interets are a bigger threat to you than Islam/Muslims
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Mujah1deen: 11:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
quivah:
*yawns*..
Yeah true! Conversions through the swords front..

And how is it a muslim's headache anyhow i choose to twist my God's messages?...

chukwudi44: Thatz why the Catholic and Orthodox Churches do not ordain women priests.it only began in pentecostal Churches and has recently entered the Anglican church

From your Catholic/Christian brother.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 11:37pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen:

From your Catholic/Christian brother.
then let him/them be the ones talking...
Just pay attention,that you aint banned yet doesnt mean we don't take shits like your islam section... we just wanna let you learn.
#ignored cheesy this isnt a Christainity vs islam thread
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 10, 2013
Ignorance is really a disease n many pple especially christians re unwilling to learn...ah have just two questions to ask...who did d bible say first preached d gospel n deborah d first female judge of isreal did she judge only females? Am positive dat paul wrote dat probably because due to d feminine nature,women tend to make noise in church so he simply said they should be quiet ...God dat anointed dem(us) he didnt do dat so we could warm bench n be quiet,he has his purpose.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Mujah1deen: 11:42pm On Nov 10, 2013
quivah:

never said the contrary, I'm here in peace and to learn.

Your explanations so far are based on your interpretations and wishes, should I remind you that you are not the one who wrote the bible? And last time I checked you guys had a clergy, so what happened? You should accept your condition and stop fighting useless battles, you are not allowed to lead/preach, any female pastor is a sinner.period
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 11:45pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: never said the contrary, I'm here in peace and to learn.

Your explanations so far are based on your interpretations and wishes, should I remind you that you are not the one who wrote the bible? And last time I checked you guys had a clergy, so what happened? You should accept your condition and stop fighting useless battles, you are not allowed to lead/preach, any female pastor is a sinner.period
OK..
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Mujah1deen: 11:45pm On Nov 10, 2013
quivah:
Just pay attention,that you aint banned yet doesnt mean we don't take shits like your islam section... we just wanna let you learn.
oo you edited your comment.
Are you threatening me ? What have I done wrong? So much for the so called Christian tolerance.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: never said the contrary, I'm here in peace and to learn.

ur lack of knowledge really bothers me n am not sayin dis because am a woman n moreover wen it comes to God am a man because he created MAN in his own image
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Mujah1deen: 11:49pm On Nov 10, 2013
quivah:
OK..
since you seem confused, why don't you embrace Islam. At least women in Islam are respected and we don't have any confusion.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Mujah1deen: 11:50pm On Nov 10, 2013
Elantracey: ur lack of knowledge really bothers me n am not sayin dis because am a woman n moreover wen it comes to God am a man because he created MAN in his own image
please sister, educate me
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 10, 2013
Dantedasz:

My dear,
You are free to call me what you want. A woman like you opened this thread because she wants to learn which apparently is something you are not ready to do.
Read 1st Timothy chapter 2 from the begining to the end and see how it puts women in their right position in the scheme of things in the church.
Once again NO woman can stand on the pulpit and lead a church once ONE man is present in the congregation. Pastors know this but because they feed off the blood and body of Christ they choose to be silent on this chapter.
Read your Bible,don't read your pastor,the knowledge is in your hands!
First of all, what you are failing to understand is that God is a Spirit and we are spirits there is no male or female spirit and when we came into Christ we became new spirits i.e 2cor5:17. So God doesnt see male or female when He sees us, He doesnt see nigerian or american, igbo or yoruba.
Now,there is a way a woman should behave and the way a man shld behave. God knows we are still in d flesh i.e our body so he has set this in place.
Paul had to give those instructions not because God doesnt want women to preach but because they were doing things unruly and the women werent submitting to their husbands so he said 'ok women dont teach again..go n submit to ur husbands and learn frm them' because adam was first created before the woman. 1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. The point was a woman who doesn't submit to her husband who is the head of the home, how will she submit to christ? That was the idea. The Women were to submit to their husbands which they were not doing so paul set these doctrines in place to put them in order and for decency. How do I know this? Read 1 cor 14:33-40.
Like you said this woman is trying to learn, help her by knowing the truth and sharing it. I'll say it and say it again... A WOMAN can pastor a church and preach! EOD!

3 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by babywhale(m): 11:54pm On Nov 10, 2013
Guys pause a while and think: how come all 12 apostles were males even when Jesus had close female followers like Mary and co?
Women are not supposed to teach in d congregation. They r to learn in silence.

They r free to preach d gospel.

Babywhale: premium hairs Nigeria home of quality hairs
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Mujah1deen: 11:59pm On Nov 10, 2013
I thought the bible was the teachings of men inspired by God or compilation of teachings inspired by God . So you mean God didn't inspire Paul on that one ? And he wrote what he wanted, which basically means that your bible is ?
JustifiedChild:
First of all, what you are failing to understand is that God is a Spirit and we are spirits there is no male or female spirit and when we came into Christ we became new spirits i.e 2cor5:17. So God doesnt see male or female when He sees us, He doesnt see nigerian or american, igbo or yoruba.
Now,there is a way a woman should behave and the way a man shld behave. God knows we are still in d flesh i.e our body so he has set this in place.
Paul had to give those instructions not because God doesnt want women to preach but because they were doing things unruly and the women werent submitting to their husbands so he said 'ok women dont teach again..go n submit to ur husbands and learn frm them' because adam was first created before the woman. 1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. The point was a woman who doesn't submit to her husband who is the head of the home, how will she submit to christ? That was the idea. The Women were to submit to their husbands which they were not doing so paul set these doctrines in place to put them in order and for decency. How do I know this? Read 1 cor 14:33-40.
Like you said this woman is trying to learn, help her by knowing the truth and sharing it. I'll say it and say it again... A WOMAN can pastor a church and preach! EOD!
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 12:10am On Nov 11, 2013
women/men . .. any appointed vessel can preach in any gathering!...
Titus 2 vs 1-15
Joel 2vs28
Acts 2vs17
Romans 16vs 1
Phillipians 4vs 3
Mark 16vs15...
Judges 4vs4
Mat 28vs 5-10
1cor 11vs5
Romans 16vs3
Titus2vs3i
Psalms 68vs11
Acts 2vs1-47
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 12:13am On Nov 11, 2013
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 12:13am On Nov 11, 2013
babywhale: Guys pause a while and think: how come all 12 apostles were males even when Jesus had close female followers like Mary and co?
Women are not supposed to teach in d congregation. They r to learn in silence.

They r free to preach d gospel.

Babywhale: premium hairs Nigeria home of quality hairs
was mary a follower? And who are the other closed 'co' followers?

There were women among the 120 disciples
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Nobody: 1:26am On Nov 11, 2013
Silly topic for weak myndz *waka pass*
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by cnsprince(m): 1:34am On Nov 11, 2013
1 Corinthians 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

This implies that it is a law for women not to speak in Churches, and not the imagination of Paul.
And so, those women preaching in Churches are disobeying the Laws.

1 Like

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Nobody: 4:25am On Nov 11, 2013
Mr Aboki: All female pastors will go to hell... #Period!

angry
U are very stupeed for that statement! Ode!
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by ebode(m): 4:42am On Nov 11, 2013
In our daily lives as christain our major duty is to imitate christ. Wen christ chose his disciple only men where selected. Wen he fed the people with 5 loaf of bread and 2 fish only men. There are oda example, so its not just Paul opinion, even master Jesus left a legacy we should follow. Dont miss read the bible to prove ur stupid opinion. Dat is of u undastand simple english
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by TerryCarr(m): 4:46am On Nov 11, 2013
carr101: Just face it, its quite clear no religion condones women... cool
you'll be surprised wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ2awfZKrr0
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by ebode(m): 5:16am On Nov 11, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Goes to show how biased,anti-feminine all Abrahamic religion are!!! Patheric
that means Jesus is anti-feminine for not choosing a female disciple. U r doomed.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Dantedasz(m): 6:11am On Nov 11, 2013
JustifiedChild:

At least you have stopped calling me names.(for now)
the way of God is never the way of man,so learn to read and understand your Bible in the proper context.
If your pastor is female and is standing on a pulpit to preach and lead,she is commiting a sin.-simple!
Follow the word of God(Bible) and not the word of man(pastor)
whether,you like it or not majority of these pastors are business men and the church represents an enterprise to them.
I advise you to read 1st Timothy chapter 2 from begining to the end. You might learn from it.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by musty001: 7:31am On Nov 11, 2013
djeezy: There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is
neither bond nor free, there is neither
male nor female: for ye are all one in
Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28). There is no discrimination in the house of God. Anyone led by the holy spirit can preach and teach the gospel, be it male or female. If I may ask, why can't women preach?
gbam
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by DBSMedia: 7:45am On Nov 11, 2013
some say that the Ugep people are cannibals but watch this .....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd9TA6fxZpU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What You Must Know Before You Die / Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? / Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.